A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

You CAN make big bucks with VR!! NOT - Starvin Marvin

Posted: Apr 18, 2010

Poster below crows about how much money they make with VR.  What are these big bucks, you struggling VR people ask?  Poster states they clear $1000 a pay period--A whole $24,000 a year!  THOSE ARE THE BIG BUCKS?????? 

Sad, truly, truly sad. 

I'm not the OP but my income has not fallen since doing VR. - I make as much and on occasions more

[ In Reply To ..]
It took some effort on my part to relax and learn to work with it but I'm glad I did.

No biggie. And my annual income is in the $50Ks.

You don't want to believe it because you think everyone is as limited as you are. Not true, dear. Not true.

It is easy to lie when one is anonymous - Starvin Marvin

[ In Reply To ..]
No, I DON'T believe you. The only way I will believe you is if you provide me with a copy of your W2. Sorry, but until I see actual proof of the big bucks with VR (and not the paltry $24,000 a year mentioned by a happy VR'er below), I think you are fabricating your reality (cough*cough*lying*cough*cough). I'll provide you with an email address if you wish to prove your point.

What platform do you use? - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
How long did it take you to get up to speed with it?

What really gets me about VR or ASR - MT Bottle

[ In Reply To ..]
If it's supposed to be so darned productive and if it's supposed to make the work go so much faster, then why is that not reason enough for MTSO's to use it. Why should it be subsidized on our (MT's)backs? Why should WE have to be the ones who pay for it?

Hasn't anyone else thought about this? I have no problem with working with VR (ASR) but darn it all I should NOT be made to make less money while using it because the same knowledge and skill are still needed to produce a medical document.

Every time this discussion comes up my blood BOILS.

Totally agree - Sassy Pants

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with you! We still all have to know our regular transcription stuff, but because we are saving time (HAH) and working faster (NOT) that we get paid less because we are just putting off carpal tunnel, PUH-LEEZ! VR sucks! Shortcut keys are BS! My hand is permaglued to my mouse while editing and even if I get tons of work all day, it's still twice the work for 1/2 the pay. Straight typing is way better! We need to be paid for our knowledge, not our fingers. AND whoever makes $200+ a day on VR may be working another profession on the side (wink wink). I didnt make that straight typing. Is that $200 per day 8 hours also, cuz it sounds to me more like 12 hours + a day.

Here is the truth finally coming out from the OP - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I am the original poster but here is what you failed to read in the first post. I said I made $1000 and UP a paycheck but you read and put into your response whatever you want to think. I work PART TIME by CHOICE because I donĂ¢€™t have to work full. You see, I make more than twice that amount each and every month because I have full retirement and a retirement check from the hospital where I used to work, unlike others who are having to do 24/7. If I had to show you my W2 then would also have to show you my SSA-1099 but I have nothing I want to prove to you. You sound like a bunch of sour grapes. You apparently are so bad at VR that you continue to want to bash it and the people who are good and really excel at it.

I disagree - Jean

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that most transcriptionists only do about 30% more using VR than straight typing. If that's the case but the pay for VR cut by half, then it seems like we just took a 20% pay cut to do VR. I do around 2000 lines per day straight typing and lost at least $200 take-home pay per paycheck (twice monthly) when doing VR. When I asked for a raise and they told me no, I quit and went somewhere else, where I am doing straight typing. This was before I found out that MTSOs do not give raises....ever.

Similar Messages:

Big Bucks
Nov 03, 2009

This profession is awesome.  You can make big bucks.  Not unheard of to start out making about $14/hour.  If you work hard and really plug away at it, you may be making twice that in a few years.  :<{   ...

Go For The Big Bucks
Jul 04, 2013

Quality Control Editors Now Offering an Incentive Program! Are you tired of reviewing documents with multiple blanks and multiple errors and being reimbursed the same as you are for reviewing documents with a couple blanks? How would you like to increase your earning potential just for doing what you do best? Nuance Transcription Services (NTS) is looking for high producing, high quality Quality Control Editors who have the ability and drive to add significant value to reviewed documents ...

TO THOSE MAKING THE BUCKS
Nov 12, 2009

To those making 50+ K a year: I'm glad to know that in this industry it is still possible to make a decent living! I LOVE transcription!  I've been an at-home MT for about 5 years and see the potential, but seem to get easily distracted being at home and get restless and can't sit still.  What is it that you are doing to stay focused on your work?  Is it really about working weekends and second, third shifts?  Please share! I'm stuck at around 25K, when ...

Those Of You Making Big Bucks With VR
Apr 14, 2014

To being prductive? I need to do at minimum 3000 lines per 8-hour shift.  Anyone have experience with VR on Dolbey Fusion. Do you guys read ahead of the voice? ...

This Is Why They Get Paid The Big Bucks
May 15, 2014

Another first today. In the HPI, the patient was white. In the physical examination the patient was an African American. At the end in summary, she was Hispanic. The good news is, she stayed a female the entire report. Sigh. ...

MT Schools Promising Big Bucks
Feb 25, 2012

First, don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to be negative about this in any way and wish any new MT success. However, with this profession dying like it is and even very experienced MTs just trying to eke out even $10 an hour . . . It really aggravates me all of these MT schools and courses trying to suck innocent people in with their high tuition costs, etc. The fact is that nowadays it is akin to going and paying x amount of money to go work for $10 or less an hour. These schools/c ...

Offering A Whopping 5 Bucks An Hour If You Do Overtime
Jun 03, 2013

They are offering a whopping 5 bucks an hour if you do overtime. Just another slap in the face. ...

Sterno-"calvecular" Joint - ESPN Commentator. And He Makes The Big Bucks... Nm
Dec 12, 2010

Friend Of Mine Fell For One Of Those "BIG BUCKS (MT-ing) FROM HOME" Ads
Mar 05, 2010

So she signed up for this teach yourself transcription course, captured and enraptured by all its 'carnival barking' about the money, the prestige, and the convenience of working at home and being your own (uh-huh) boss...offering the world on a platter and stopping just shy of suggesting she could meet/marry a doctor.   Flashcards in a box.  Albeit medical words...but...flashcards in a box.     ...

Worried About Being Able To Even Make What I Used To Make Doing
Apr 11, 2011

I seem to be spending an awful lot of time in VR documents, so I am confused as to why I am getting paid less for them.  This stupid VR system types whatever it thinks it might be hearing and sometimes doesn't type anything at all.  I hate this VR.  I am up to 1800 lines but usually do 2200-2500 a day on straight transcription.  I don't know how I am going to feed my children.  I am a single mom and the head of household.  Believe me the child support isn& ...

How Much Does A CCM Make
Jun 17, 2010

And do they get bonuses based on TAT?   have always been curious about this.  There was a time when I made more per year than an asst. supervisor (back at my co. before MQ bought us out).  Of course that is not the case anymore.  Any educated guesses? ...

Do Any Of The MTs Out There Make At Least...sm
Jan 25, 2011

$15 an hour on a daily basis.  I am in a horrific job right now (outside of my home) and need to make at least what I am making now which is about $15 an hour for a total of $97 a day.  I know transcription is tough nowadays, but if I go back to MT, do you think I can make at least that on a daily basis? ...

Is It Possible To Make
Aug 17, 2011

around $1,000/month part-time in this industry? ...

I Seriously Don't Know How To Make This Better
Aug 24, 2011

I've been working with this company for over 90 days. The first 90 days was a paid internship. Paid hourly, minimum wage. I am now a full time employee...paid on production.   However, I can not even seem to make minimum wage while on production pay! It is driving me nuts and is very discouraging. I'm not sure where to point the finger.   I worked 8 hours, only took one 20 minute break to eat. Over those 8 hours, according to the employers data base, I did around 1200 lin ...

What Do You Make?
Nov 15, 2011

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before ... or if this is one of those taboo subjects.. :) But what do you make per month as an MT and how many hours per week do you work to achieve that?  I'm just feeling like I can/should up my game a bit and thought this may be an encouraging way to get that push I need.  :)  ...

MUP (make Up Pay)
Sep 25, 2012

Anyone every get fired from Nuance for MUP?  ...

Okay Say I Make 10/6
Nov 05, 2012

What do you think they will do to get rid of me? I am really worried now, reading about all these terminations. ...

I DO NOT Want To Make Anyone Mad....
Nov 13, 2012

I looked at all the emails under here when I stopped work this afternoon and was hoping for a good description of the Town Hall meeting thingy.  What was the upshot?  Anything other than the usual blah blah blah?  Anything we need to know or else! LOL ...

Can You Make Any $$ With VR???
Feb 23, 2013

Okay, I'm waaaay behind the times.  I have been doing straight transcription for 35 years and am about to switch to VR editing at 0.45 cents per line.  Good Grief.  Can I make any money doing this??  My straight transcription accounts have all switched over about 80% of their work to VR and left all the truly terrible dictators on straight.  ...

How Much Do You Make?
Jul 22, 2013

Make's One Wonder--sm
Aug 07, 2013

Apparently the account I work on will be going completely offshore.  I am being moved to an account that I know has work (at least for now, not sure how many others will be switched to this one too).  I have to wonder though when will be the point when accounts go offshore and people are just fired.  While people do quit, is it enough to ensure there is still work stateside.  I have things that need to be taken care of.  New tires, new brakes, a new refrigerator, etc.&n ...

Does VR Make Anyone
Jul 27, 2014

after doing report after report?  Most of the reports I do are long, and there are so many incorrect words, looking at the mess that makes so sense, following along with the words,  and correcting literally makes me nauseated.   I feel like my eyeballs are crossed trying to focus in where the dictator is which is hard when the words I see are not the words I hear.  Sure can tell a transcriptionist had no part in developing this crap. I have ...

I Have Never Had So Much Make-up Pay!
Jan 21, 2015

After celebrating having no make-up pay last paycheck, I have an absolutely horrific amount of make-up pay this paycheck. The difference?????? Cesspool, a lot of bad audio and even worse ASR output than the normal terrible output. Got told today that my minor error rate is above metrics. They apparently have decided to inflict that on us now, despite the fact that I have passed every audit. They have also been auditing us every day. Gotta measure every bit they can think of! Oh what ...

I Cannot Make My C-LPH......
Jun 26, 2015

to save my life!  ...

What If MQ Decides To Make Us All Become MME's!
Jan 12, 2010

Didn't MQ make the CTL's become MME's?  If that happens to the MT's and you reject it, I assume you will be fired and if so, can you still collect unemployment?  What if you they point blank and say, you have to become an MME or you will have look elsewhere.  Can you somehow collect unemployment whether you quit or get fired or will you lose out unemployment benefits.  Basically, it is a no win situation for us MT's?  ...

Sorry, But Does This Make Sense?
Jan 17, 2010

There is a tachycardia present with a rate of 175 without atopic beats. ...

MED Term Cannot Make Out!
Jan 26, 2010

I can NOT make out the word on my dication tape!! It is a drug sounds like On-Seff...........I know I've used it before but I just can't remember the spelling... HELP PLEASE anyone!!! Lol ...

Does This Make Sense - Please Sm.
Feb 03, 2010

He does s/l weigh with the natural resting position to external rotation.   ...

Does This All Make Sense?
Feb 03, 2010

long day and not sure this all sounds correct. tia.   MRI scan does show a complete tear of the supraspinatus portion of the rotator cuff with a retracted tendon.  It also shows a partial tear of the subscapularis tendon and transverse humeral ligament.  There is also splitting of the biceps tendon in the glenohumeral joint.  He has an anterior/inferior labral tear and some paralabral cysts, and severe degenerative changes in the acromioclavicular joint and some degenerativ ...

Does This Make Sense-
Feb 07, 2010

Knee range of motion is lacking 5 degrees of full extension to 110 degrees, at which point there is soft tissue approximation. ...