A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How much do you make? - anon

Posted: Jul 22, 2013

about 20,000 less than i did 5 years ago - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
s

It's like my weight...too embarrassing to disclose - Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
:-(

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA - PT

[ In Reply To ..]
that was good

average 18-20/hour but waiting for the next - pay cut that will do me in.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

When I worked inhouse, I made $45K/year. - This yr, at an MTSO, I only made $12K. :(

[ In Reply To ..]
:(

When I worked in-house, I made $16 plus incentive which came - out to about $26. How, I make $13.

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

It all depends - right now, not enough - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know about other people, but how much I make depends on which platform I'm working on, whether I'm typing for VR versus straight typing, or who I'm typing for (Dr. Jones versus Dr. Mahonyjevojobamongy). One hour I can make 9.00 an hour and the next hour make 2.75 an hour.

working in-house 18 per hour plus incentive - My other, PT, job is about 20 per hour

[ In Reply To ..]
The PT job is a fairly decent line rate, clinic work, lots of templates, and I've been doing it for 5 years. I can do anywhere from 20 to 35 an hour on that one, depending on how motivated I am and which doctors I get in my queue.

do you want honest - or just commiseration

[ In Reply To ..]
Last year I made $52k. On track for about $58k this year. Employee, full time about 35 hours a week and then I do a part time IC job for about 15 hours a week.

Yeah, right. Uh huh. - 20 years ago? Maybe.

[ In Reply To ..]

I find this incredibly difficult to believe - to say the least

[ In Reply To ..]
I work 2 full time jobs and I will be lucky to hit $30K this year.

I suppose there might be a handful of good paying MT jobs left out there but if there are, they won't be there much longer. The tide is not turning in our favor, regardless of some recent wishful thinking posts.

Wages - In House MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There are good paying MT jobs available. I'm on track with OT this year to make around $65K. Sure, I'm in house, but I choose to be so I can make the money and have the benefits.

I would much rather work from home, be in charge of my own time, but there wasn't enough money there so I chose to go in house. It took a lot of time to find the job, but it was so worth it. I've been here 5 years now and would not change a thing!
Yeah, I was in-house too. Then they got rid of us. - Now I work for the Evil Ones.
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't choose to work from home so I could wear jammies and watch Maury Povich all day.

By nature I am really quite an optimist but when it comes to the MT biz, I find nothing to be optimistic about.

I truly hope your in-house job doesn't follow the trends and you are able to maintain your lifestyle. I have pretty much lost everything since my in-house job dumped our department. Funny too because they were always reassuring us that they would never outsource the work, funny how fast never came around.
In House - In House MT
[ In Reply To ..]
We switched to VR (PowerScribe)almost 3 years ago, so I'm fairly certain our jobs are safe at this point.

I do make sure all my staff are cross-trained to other duties so when we have slow times, etc., I can prove their worth by having them able to do other things.

So yes, I'm fairly certain that I'll be able to maintain my lifestyle for at least a couple more years. Then it's retirement for me in Hawaii with my husband before I turn 50!
Nice! Can I have your job when you retire? :) - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Lucky you. The exception to the rule. - Happy trails. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Aha.. there's the answer to why you make so much: - its those keywords, "my staff". SM
[ In Reply To ..]
So, just out of curiosity, what do members of your "staff" make per year?
yeah, I noticed that too. Not exactly your typical MT - is she.
[ In Reply To ..]
No one should be encouraged to become an MT, especially when the info to entice them is in no way representative of the majority of MTs.

If I had to guess, I would say most of us make in the $10-12 range on a good day with horrific benefits.
Yep, even in MT's heyday, at a high-paying hospital, - no MT made $65K. More like $42K, max. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
X
yes they did and still do - mtr
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
If true, which I admit I am skeptical, that is the extreme - minority of MTs, not the norm. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
you can be skeptical all day long but it is true - mtr
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
So y'all wanted commiseration - not honesty
[ In Reply To ..]
I've consistently made over $50k for the last 12 years, some years closer to $70k. The fact that you all are in stark disbelief shows me you don't know how to make the job work for you.

Thankfully, I see my checks going into the bank twice a month and know what I make so I'm secure in smiling and working and making MT work for me.

For the rest of the "no way" "no MT ever made that" kind of remarks, if you aren't making money WHY are you in the job? Makes absolutely ZERO sense.

You are the exception, not the rule. - That too is honesty. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
exception - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I accept that. But I'm not doing well by accident. I refuse to take a job doing VR for 3 cpl. And I'm only paid 8 cpl for doing straight type but won't go any lower than that.

What annoys me about this forum is that you can't be happy and you can't share if you're doing okay because you're called a liar, belittled, or otherwise hushed.

There ARE MTs who are still doing well. As long as there's someone, anyone willing to take those 3 cpl jobs, then there will be no reason for anyone to review compensation. Respect yourself enough to make a living wage.

Wow. Pride cometh before a fall my friend. - My inhouse job was secure too. Not. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
remarks like this - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
remarks and comments like this make me want to actually wish something bad would happen to the poster. Like their transcription department would disappear like some of ours have. And I don't really like feeling that way but you know, when someone brags like this, I just can't help feeling that way.
Bragging? - NuAnon
[ In Reply To ..]
She just stated what she makes as a matter of fact, not bragging in my eyes. It's nice to see some MTs are still making some money.
but the stuff about - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
the stuff about why are you still in the job if you're not making 65K and you must not be "making MT work for you." Call it what you will, it's not very nice.
i did not agree with that statement - i do agree - mtr
[ In Reply To ..]
that that was a rude thing to say
She made it sound like anyone not making $65K - was at fault for their own plight
[ In Reply To ..]
which is easy to say when you are one of the very few lucky ones left in this biz.

She clearly has no idea what the "real" world is like. Hey, I thought it was great too right up until my hospital told us bye-bye.

Bragging? Maybe not. Clueless? Absolutely.
Got it. - NuAnon
[ In Reply To ..]
Didn't read through the thread all the way, too busy making my measly penance.
clueless? - nope, not at all
[ In Reply To ..]
First off, I work for an MTSO, I'm not in a "department." Second, I apologize if my words caused feelings of "less than" in you, it wasn't my intention. I've NOT worked for the same employer for the last 12 years. I've probably tested at every company out there. I just won't take a job that doesn't pay me a living wage. Period.

Real world? I know all about the real world. I don't live in an MT bubble. I see what's going on in the industry. I make sure to stay educated on the technology, what choices hospitals are making and why. There *ARE* jobs out there where you can make a very decent living. You can't do that if you're working a full time job at 3 cpl.

My $50k doesn't reflect that some months last year, I had no idea where food was coming from as I searched for a company where I could earn a living.

The only way I'm pointing any kind of finger is if you ARE working at 3 cpl job or a job that never has any work because that is your choice to do so and like I said, it makes no sense to me.

I wish every qualified MT was making a living wage every single day. You have to be your own best advocate.
no one was bragging the poster asked - mtr
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Bragging. - In House MT
[ In Reply To ..]
No, I was not bragging. Someone asked a question, I answered. So I should run away and hide and never post again because some of you don't like that there are MTs out there making $20+ an hour?

So sorry, but I worked my way here. I worked for the MTSO's, the nationals and said, nope, I am worth more than 4 cents a line and kept looking and pounding pavement, sending applications and resumes 100 times a day to get the position I have.

The last person in my department was hired through a temporary agency because we had someone out on FMLA. That person never came back so now the temp has a full time job paying $20+ an hour plus benefits.

You can wish my department and our positions away to your hearts desire. I'm sorry you feel the need to feel that way about another person, but so be it.

All I can say is this, the money is out there. You choose to work for a pittance and do nothing but complain about it. I wasn't content to just complain about it. I did something and found a good position to secure my early retirement.

I may not be typical, but I'd rather be me than "all of you" sitting around complaining about horrible your pay is and wishing bad on another person.
there are no comparable jobs in my area - I guess you think I should
[ In Reply To ..]
I guess you think I should sell the house and move to make this work for me? I repeat. No inhouse jobs in my area. I check every day. You say you "worked your way" into this job; I say you lucked into it. Count your blessings.
No one wished you ill. However, you were quite - insulting
[ In Reply To ..]
You seem to think there are jobs just like yours all over the place. There simply are not.

You have no understanding of what is happening in this business as you are insulated.

I actually said above I hope you don't have to go through what a lot of us have when our cushy in-house jobs dropped a giant anvil on our heads from out of nowhere.

You come off as pretentious and rude. You were not simply stating how much you made. You went on to judge others and say they just didn't try as hard as you. When in actuality they simply weren't as lucky as you.
don̢۪t be shocked by this but - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
There are actually TWO of us posting who are doing well and happy with our jobs.

The In-House MT doesn't deserve to get slammed because you think my comments are off-putting.

And as I've said, I've paid dues. I'm VERY well aware of the industry. I also know that for every MT working for 3 cpl, there was no gun held to their head telling them to accept the offer. As long as there are MT accepting those offers, the MT living in poverty will continue.

You all need to really look at your situation because you complain (rightfully so) that wages are low, yet you accept them as payment for your services. You complain MTSOs treat you badly, yet you sign on every day accepting that treatment. I'm clueless in one area-- the one that makes me ask WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?
InHouseMT - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Brava! You go, girl! I like your attitude!
how rude please dont lump me in with this poster - mtr
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
remarks like this - purple
[ In Reply To ..]
Jealousy does not become you.
I know but I'm just - not perfect
[ In Reply To ..]
I said I don't like feeling that way, but the fact is, I do. Or I don't even know if it's so much jealousy, or what would more correctly be called envy, as just getting annoyed by people hitting other people over the head with their success. There's a way to be successful (or in this case, lucky) and humble at the same time.
Lucky? - In House MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Lucky? I don't think so. I honed my skills and became very good at what I do.

I went to literally 100's of interviews and took positions that increased my pay and offered what I wanted. I faxed my resume for the position I now hold along with around 40 others and I got the position after 3 interviews.

I don't think I got lucky. I think I persevered and did not accept less than what I expected.

I have continued to send out resumes looking for positions that might possibly offer more than what I have now (not likely with the huge profit sharing they throw into my retirement fund every year). But if there is something better, you bet I'm going to go for it.

Oh, forgot to add, I moved across the country twice for better positions dragging my three kids with me. I didn't whine that there weren't positions where I was, I moved to where they were.

I am sorry that I didn't join your "I only make 4 cents a line and there is never any work" club. But it's kind of fun to watch. :)

Really? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Some of us have husbands who have jobs too and can't just pick up and move across the country. Also, some of us feel dragging children all over the country is a bad idea and would like our children to live in a stable environment and have continuity of their education.

I find your judgmental attitude appalling. You are extremely full of your wonderful old self aren't you.

Your comments are offensive.
Really - In House MT
[ In Reply To ..]
So, you think it's better to stay in a low paying job, rely on government assistance, not being able to pay the rent/mortgage, buy food, etc. (things I read about every day here) just so the kids don't have to change schools?

Really?

I think I showed my kids that I am a strong person with a desire to provide more for my family.

I know they have adjusted just fine to our moves and would much rather be where we are now, with husband and I making more than enough money to provide for them and their needs than sitting around in the car because we have no place to live and eating Ramen noodles every day and no health insurance. (sound familiar, something I read on here too)

Guess what? I have a husband too and my career is just as important as his and he was and is still willing to move/change jobs if it means a better life for us, just as I would be if he found something that provided more for our family.

You find my words offensive? Oh well, too bad. Maybe they hit too close to home.
I make much more than 4 cents a line - and as for my skills
[ In Reply To ..]
I'd match them against yours any day. No I don't make 65K, but I make more than most people here. However, I would never, ever dream of coming on here and ragging on my fellow MTs who are less fortunate.
30K a year - more than i ever made in house
[ In Reply To ..]
started MT about 10 years ago
"Ragging"? - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
But it's okay to "rag" on someone who just answered the OPs question about how much they make? Okay, I get it now. Everyone is supposed to be so sorry for everyone stuck working for peanuts because they have no other options.

I'm so sorry that there are MTs out there that make more than you and have the nerve to come to this board and post that they are actually happy where they are and they make more than a living wage.

Everyone should just quit their above minimum wage jobs and join you all in your ongoing, never-ending pity party??

It is very simple. If making .04 a line is not paying your bills, FIND ANOTHER FREAKING JOB!! No one is holding a gun to your head and not letting you go somewhere else or do something else.

you must not have read my post - I make much more than 4 cents
[ In Reply To ..]
I have a good job and I'm not unhappy. But that InHouse MT is coming on here and really being cruel to people who are less fortunate than she is.
That was one reason the hosp went - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
to an MTSO - a staff of 12 MTs, all of whom had been employed there 20-30 yrs, excellent benefits, PTO, and very high wages. Some were making over $60k, all were making over $50k.
it's the first place they cut - the bean counters
[ In Reply To ..]
the first place they will look to cut is MT and things like it.
Supervisor - In House MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I am just the lowly supervisor of 6 MTs. The lowest paid MT in this department makes $21.50 an hour plus full benefits paid 100% by our employer.
This is not the norm for the industry as a whole. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The odds of landing a job that pays this high are slim to none.

No one should be encouraged to go into this business thinking that this type of compensation is average. It isn't even close. These 7 MTs are extremely, extremely lucky people.

oh and it's so simple - just get a better paying job
[ In Reply To ..]
so what's the problem right?
No one is making that claim! - peekaboo
[ In Reply To ..]
The OP simply asked how much people here make.
Wrong. Someone did make that claim. - see above bragging. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
you don't seem all that lowly to me - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
what's the opposite of lowly, anyone know?
lofty? - pretentious? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I wouldn't bet on it. - Seriously. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
$24K a year part-time (20-25 hours a week). - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

well, let's put it this way... being an IC - I only had to pay

[ In Reply To ..]
the IRS $52 in taxes this year. That should clear things up. :-(

You get what you pay for MTSO - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
For the first time in my MT career, I'm not being paid for everything I type. I only get paid for characters and no spaces. I am making supposedly 9 cpl but that translates to 0.073 cpl. I have had to make a decision. Since this is the only job I can find and since the files are so long, I will discontinue proofreading these files. For what I'm paid, there will be no time left for proofreading a second time. You get what you pay for MTSO. BTW, I'm still looking for something that I'm paid for all keystrokes.

you made the decision to take that wage why would - Mtr

[ In Reply To ..]
you compromise your work ethic makes no sense AT ALL

The ones who compromised their work ethic were - the employers. Not the MTs.

[ In Reply To ..]
They can't put us into a situation where corners have to be cut in order to just survive, and then act all surprised when we do exactly that.
there are MTs on this board that compromise their - mtr
[ In Reply To ..]
work ethic all of the time and admitted in print! crazy and ridiculous regardless of what any MTSO does!

well, that's private actually. - who are you to ask? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
`

pay - Effie

[ In Reply To ..]
Back in the good old days I made about $55,000 per year. Now I am making about $35,000. Partly its my fault.. I am older and tired and bored...discouraged...

At this point I think I'd be happy if I even could - get BACK to $35K/year!

[ In Reply To ..]
That would be almost three times what I'm making now. Just being able to pay my rent without having to raid my almost-gone savings, or ask my relatives for money, would seem like such a luxury!

$16 per hour, paid hourly and not on productivity. - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
My employer switched from productivity pay to hourly pay last year some time. Unfortunately, we don't have enough work for it to be full time.

32K - not a lot

[ In Reply To ..]
I know it's more than a lot of people make but it's still not a lot of money in this day and age, and I used to make 50.

I made $22K last year. Three years ago I made $46K - See a trend? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I'm also on track to make - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
$65K and, as I posted before, know how fortunate and unusual this is. I am a per diem radiology MT who was hired back after a large MTSO provided horrible service. The hospital pays me $3.50/report (straight typing)and there are a lot of "normals". I work from home 8 hrs on M, T, R and F, 4 hrs on W and a couple hrs if I want on the weekend. I also cover another specialty that gets about 150 reports a week, usually in one batch and they're mostly normals. I got them this a.m. and finished them in 2.5 hrs. This gig was supposed to end 9/1/13 but I was asked to stay until 12/31/13.

see this is how you post this - without bragging Thank you nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Agree, your post was info only. Thanks for not - attacking those less fortunate NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Worried About Being Able To Even Make What I Used To Make Doing
Apr 11, 2011

I seem to be spending an awful lot of time in VR documents, so I am confused as to why I am getting paid less for them.  This stupid VR system types whatever it thinks it might be hearing and sometimes doesn't type anything at all.  I hate this VR.  I am up to 1800 lines but usually do 2200-2500 a day on straight transcription.  I don't know how I am going to feed my children.  I am a single mom and the head of household.  Believe me the child support isn& ...

How Much Does A CCM Make
Jun 17, 2010

And do they get bonuses based on TAT?   have always been curious about this.  There was a time when I made more per year than an asst. supervisor (back at my co. before MQ bought us out).  Of course that is not the case anymore.  Any educated guesses? ...

Do Any Of The MTs Out There Make At Least...sm
Jan 25, 2011

$15 an hour on a daily basis.  I am in a horrific job right now (outside of my home) and need to make at least what I am making now which is about $15 an hour for a total of $97 a day.  I know transcription is tough nowadays, but if I go back to MT, do you think I can make at least that on a daily basis? ...

Is It Possible To Make
Aug 17, 2011

around $1,000/month part-time in this industry? ...

I Seriously Don't Know How To Make This Better
Aug 24, 2011

I've been working with this company for over 90 days. The first 90 days was a paid internship. Paid hourly, minimum wage. I am now a full time employee...paid on production.   However, I can not even seem to make minimum wage while on production pay! It is driving me nuts and is very discouraging. I'm not sure where to point the finger.   I worked 8 hours, only took one 20 minute break to eat. Over those 8 hours, according to the employers data base, I did around 1200 lin ...

What Do You Make?
Nov 15, 2011

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before ... or if this is one of those taboo subjects.. :) But what do you make per month as an MT and how many hours per week do you work to achieve that?  I'm just feeling like I can/should up my game a bit and thought this may be an encouraging way to get that push I need.  :)  ...

MUP (make Up Pay)
Sep 25, 2012

Anyone every get fired from Nuance for MUP?  ...

Okay Say I Make 10/6
Nov 05, 2012

What do you think they will do to get rid of me? I am really worried now, reading about all these terminations. ...

I DO NOT Want To Make Anyone Mad....
Nov 13, 2012

I looked at all the emails under here when I stopped work this afternoon and was hoping for a good description of the Town Hall meeting thingy.  What was the upshot?  Anything other than the usual blah blah blah?  Anything we need to know or else! LOL ...

Can You Make Any $$ With VR???
Feb 23, 2013

Okay, I'm waaaay behind the times.  I have been doing straight transcription for 35 years and am about to switch to VR editing at 0.45 cents per line.  Good Grief.  Can I make any money doing this??  My straight transcription accounts have all switched over about 80% of their work to VR and left all the truly terrible dictators on straight.  ...

Make's One Wonder--sm
Aug 07, 2013

Apparently the account I work on will be going completely offshore.  I am being moved to an account that I know has work (at least for now, not sure how many others will be switched to this one too).  I have to wonder though when will be the point when accounts go offshore and people are just fired.  While people do quit, is it enough to ensure there is still work stateside.  I have things that need to be taken care of.  New tires, new brakes, a new refrigerator, etc.&n ...

Does VR Make Anyone
Jul 27, 2014

after doing report after report?  Most of the reports I do are long, and there are so many incorrect words, looking at the mess that makes so sense, following along with the words,  and correcting literally makes me nauseated.   I feel like my eyeballs are crossed trying to focus in where the dictator is which is hard when the words I see are not the words I hear.  Sure can tell a transcriptionist had no part in developing this crap. I have ...

I Have Never Had So Much Make-up Pay!
Jan 21, 2015

After celebrating having no make-up pay last paycheck, I have an absolutely horrific amount of make-up pay this paycheck. The difference?????? Cesspool, a lot of bad audio and even worse ASR output than the normal terrible output. Got told today that my minor error rate is above metrics. They apparently have decided to inflict that on us now, despite the fact that I have passed every audit. They have also been auditing us every day. Gotta measure every bit they can think of! Oh what ...

I Cannot Make My C-LPH......
Jun 26, 2015

to save my life!  ...

What If MQ Decides To Make Us All Become MME's!
Jan 12, 2010

Didn't MQ make the CTL's become MME's?  If that happens to the MT's and you reject it, I assume you will be fired and if so, can you still collect unemployment?  What if you they point blank and say, you have to become an MME or you will have look elsewhere.  Can you somehow collect unemployment whether you quit or get fired or will you lose out unemployment benefits.  Basically, it is a no win situation for us MT's?  ...

Sorry, But Does This Make Sense?
Jan 17, 2010

There is a tachycardia present with a rate of 175 without atopic beats. ...

MED Term Cannot Make Out!
Jan 26, 2010

I can NOT make out the word on my dication tape!! It is a drug sounds like On-Seff...........I know I've used it before but I just can't remember the spelling... HELP PLEASE anyone!!! Lol ...

Does This Make Sense - Please Sm.
Feb 03, 2010

He does s/l weigh with the natural resting position to external rotation.   ...

Does This All Make Sense?
Feb 03, 2010

long day and not sure this all sounds correct. tia.   MRI scan does show a complete tear of the supraspinatus portion of the rotator cuff with a retracted tendon.  It also shows a partial tear of the subscapularis tendon and transverse humeral ligament.  There is also splitting of the biceps tendon in the glenohumeral joint.  He has an anterior/inferior labral tear and some paralabral cysts, and severe degenerative changes in the acromioclavicular joint and some degenerativ ...

Does This Make Sense-
Feb 07, 2010

Knee range of motion is lacking 5 degrees of full extension to 110 degrees, at which point there is soft tissue approximation. ...

Cant Seem To Make A Living
Feb 22, 2010

I have worked as a radiology transcriptionist for over ten years .  My pay has been cut in half and jobs are hard to find. I take tests and no one calls back.  I usually only have their email anyway.    I am now learning acute care because it seems for last few years it has been the only game in town.  However, I cannot believe how hard it is and I am getting paid the same as radiology.  It's becoming impossible to afford to live on this income, but I ...

How Do You Make Expansions
Jun 30, 2010

How do you make expansions.  I know F4 is to turn it off and on but how do you make new ones,  I am having stress which makes my brain malfunction. ...

Trying To Make Sense Out Of This
Mar 31, 2010

I agree that the MT biz has become extremely hard and frustrating, but I am copying and pasting something I read below because if I had responded to that, it would have been lost, as messages don't get updated on this board, and I would like other's opinions.  "You are absolutely right. I had worked for a couple of other good companies before going back to MQ, and found that the "experience" I got from MQ was not very good at all. The new companies followed the Book of Style 3, w ...

You CAN Make Big Bucks With VR!! NOT
Apr 18, 2010

Poster below crows about how much money they make with VR.  What are these big bucks, you struggling VR people ask?  Poster states they clear $1000 a pay period--A whole $24,000 a year!  THOSE ARE THE BIG BUCKS??????  Sad, truly, truly sad.  ...

Make Sense??
May 06, 2010

Hypertension ocular losses.  is that right?? does it make sense?? ...

Do More Make Less, Yessiree!!!!
May 15, 2010

Okay fellow MT'ers.  Gestapo measures are in place nationwide as I see it.  Just informed by MTSO that since the new platform is going to be so wonderful, that I will be able to double or triple my production, (Right!!!) hence I will be getting 2 cents a line less for speech.  Okay, as an  IC , I pay all all own expenses, SS, equipment, internet, (HIPAA room), utilities, electronic and book references, education, wrists, fingers, feet and toes, so take another ...

Things That Make Me Go Hmm
May 19, 2010

Have ya ever wondered, WHY is it that we get "audited" when we are having really, really bad work days? Why does the "computer randomly chose" (ha!) the most difficult, awful report to review?   My latest audit was on a dictator I had NEVER EVER DONE before, on a brand spanking new account, was 1098 minutes and ASR and ESL!  I got an 84%.  (Hey! as far as I'm concerned that should have been an A+++!!  Least I gave them something that looked like a report.) I a ...

Unable To Make Out!
Jun 27, 2010

The doc is saying " This PI (hear as PI, not sure what it is)  is a 9-year-old white male who is in good health and ( I hear it is cola, after the and, could it be colon?) earlier this am when he presented quick complaints with headache, fever, chills _____ ( hear as provia)for next to his nausea and vomiting ____ ( hear as " times wound). Looks like I cannot get on in this field much longer, if I hear to doctors transcribing this way. Please help! ...

Does This Make Sense
Jul 15, 2010

His psychotic symptoms have always been [s/l a vague and oddness] ...

What Do You Do To Make Yourself Comfortable
Jul 30, 2010

I get soo uncomfortable sitting for at least 8 hours every day.  My right arm and hand just ache/sore constantly, and my fingers, especially on my right hand, are really getting painful.  I sit with my keyboard on my lap (on a pillow), sit with a pillow underneath and behind me.  My heel even hurts from using the foot pedal.  I'm wondering if a left hand keyboard would work for me, or an ergonomic.  I've used an ergonomic before (it broke) and didn't recal ...