A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do the clients even have a clue how badly they have been ripped off by ASR? - Rose

Posted: Aug 14, 2013

Or do they think they can continue to put garbage in and get back a perfect report by the magic of this "wonderful technology."  Do they even know what type of trash it is producing??

The first thing these developers did to rip off the health care providers was to tell them that they could simply dictate and it automatically would become patient record with no transcriptionist involved.  We knew that 99% of doctors would never change their style to meet the requirements to dictate accurate VR.  Still, it is obvious they tried this by most dictators using phrases specific to VR commands like "scratch that" or "delete that".  We knew it would never work but the clients were lied to.

Now, they are still believing that they can eventually get rid of those who edit their reports?  This is why I ask, do they even SEE what ASR places on the screen as they dictate??

Have other editors noticed the recent dumming down of ASR?  Despite thousands of repeated common corrections, the software JUST DOESN'T GET IT!  It is not trainable.  How many thousands of times do you have to train it to spell "aspirin" or "glucose?"  It is adding a heading for HEART: or CARDIOVASCULAR: whenever it hears the word "aspirin."  It is inserting phrases that were never said and excluding clearly dictated phrases.  It is taking FAR longer to edit and reformat this trash than it would to simply transcribe it.  So WHY are the health care providers not suing the creators of this trash?

Rose - nana

[ In Reply To ..]
No they don't care as long as they get the correct document. They are getting the work done cheap and that is all they care about. It's all about the bottom line. Transcription does not bring in an income to the hospitals, we are an expense, mind you a needed expense, but still an expense.

This crap they call VR was supposed to be only inserting commas here and there and maybe capitalizing letters here and there. Not the junk it is putting out. They don't need to fix it because we fix it.

Nana - What do you predict? - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
Do all the clients have to drop their editors and learn for themselves that they've been conned, then return to editors, or just let the patient records end up costing them more in malpractice suits and insurance premiums?

My VR goes through cycles - Why?

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand my VR. It was horrible to begin with, but actually started being so great that I was wondering if I would keep a job. I barely had to correct anything. THEN, all of a sudden it is horrible again, doesn't pick up anything correctly. This goes on about a month, then boom, back to an almost perfect report for a few weeks. I wonder how this happens?

Mine does exactly the same thing. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I even went so far as to ask one of the higher ups if a new team had been hired and perhaps changing things around. When I first started on Escription it was all in a hospital office setting and after about a week it was almost perfect. Blew me away. So now I am working for a company and using Escription still and one week will be fine and the next week you hardly realize it as being the same work coming through. About a week or so ago it forgot completely to put in periods at the end of a sentence. The next word would be capitalized so it seemed like it knew so to speak. This week the periods are once again there. Mystery to me also.

Similar Messages:

Want To Switch From MT To Coding So Badly
Dec 09, 2013

I want to switch from MT to coding sooner rather than later but the problem is funds. It is so frustrating to barely make ends meet and have more month than money at times. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks for listening. ...

ST Pay - Are You Getting Ripped Off?
May 31, 2012

Once again, my pay doesn't match the pages I calculated.  And of course it looks like I ended up in the lower pay scale which means even less per page.  I figure my pay is about $55 short this time.  But if you try to ask the Divine Ms. M, she just tells you her figures are right.  We have no way of checking or verifying our page counts with what they come up with.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Is there anything that can be done about it? ...

Proofing Advice Needed Badly
May 03, 2013

I badly need your tips on proofing and what works for you.  I was always taught (sorry, old school) to type your document and then proof the entire thing, but that takes a long time, especially when documents are 30+ minutes long.  Using that method I do not get any errors.  But I am told I need to speed up, so I tried THEIR way of proofing as I go along, but last night made many errors, ugh!  What works for you?  Your tricks?  Your methods? Any tips on speeding up, ...

I Hate Working For Nuance So Badly.
Oct 16, 2013

I truly just hate ever day that I have to work for them. The days are sooooo long and seem never-ending.  Fifteen years of 99%+ accuracy and now I need a mentor?  Really?  WTH?  Switch me to a new, more difficult account and after 1 week tell me I suck so bad I have to be mentored?  Provide me with no list of physician names or local cities or names of local hospitals and expect my LPH to be up and running at full speed when I spend all my time Googling for info on an ar ...

How Do We Know We Are Not Being Ripped Off On Editing? S/m
Jul 05, 2012

When I download a report and its editing, how do I know whatever is showing at that time compared to what I have to fix is what I am paid for?   What if I have to add and subtract 3/4 of a report?  Am I paid based on the end result?  How do we really know?     ...

RIPPED OFF ON FINAL PAYCHECK
Jun 30, 2012

I resigned from MModal a week ago, June 23rd and received my final paycheck deposit yesterday.  It was over $100 short!  I worked the same number of hours I also do and transcribed within the ball park the same number of lines.   I also had 12 hours of PTO they owed me for that I had not used.  It doesn't appear that I was paid for all of that either.  For some reason they sent me 5 check stubs - I usually only got 2 per pay periods.  I get direct deposit. &nbs ...

99% Of The Time, I Feel Like I Am Being Ripped Off When I Do MM's SR.
Oct 27, 2012

Too many corrections!!! ...

No Clue
Jun 30, 2010

The patient was seen in consultation by hematology who started the patient on "ARGRADRAPEN".  Thanks for any help. ...

HELP! I Have Absolutely No Clue What This Could Be.
Nov 12, 2009

This is a cardiologist dictating a med list.  He spells it out as OTROCEFF.  I tried changing the ceff to ceph tihnking the pt just sounded it out but no go.  Any ideas at all? I am completely stumped here.   ...

A Clue On Nuance
May 07, 2011

One clue as to why Nuance pays next to nothing. http://www.ntsindia.in/outsourcing.asp ...

HEY MTSO - GET A CLUE.
Mar 21, 2012

We all know you don't give a rat's ass but here it goes;  Pay us a decent wage for BOTH typing and editing with decent benefits.  At least 8 cpl both both instead of that crappy 4 cpl for editing.  With a decent wage, your employees would be happier.  They'd quit bitchin about your company.  They'd quit hopping from company to company.   They'd work harder at producing.  They'd turn out quality reports, not having to worry ab ...

So Do You Think Maybe The Trolls Had A Clue
Apr 04, 2013

Maybe there was a grain of truth in the posts from a few weeks ago? ...

OTI WORK DEMISE CLUE
Mar 05, 2014

Here is what I have noticed: Those familiar with the T account know there are 3 facilities. C, VR and H, in order of size. The CER used to be the biggest component. Since 02/26/2014, almost a week, despite working literally all hours of the day and night, I have not typed a single CER report. There is one dictator, BB, who mistakenly codes her reports as CER but they are actually HER reports. So the biggest facility on OTI's biggest account is apparently gone. ...

Anyone Have A Clue How To Contact A Recruiter?? LOL
Apr 04, 2014

I have applied to Nuance, and already went thru the online process. Also had friends at N submit my resume.  I got a voice mail from a "Colleen" at Nuance today, saying she has my resume, but I have to complete some "Assessment", which she has emailed to me, as far as links to follow.  Well, no email from anyone, and when I called back the phone # on caller ID, it is Transcend, and there is no option to speak with anyone.  Is this a red flag?  LOL Don't answer that.  ...

Abdomen Right S/l Bowteleck Hernia. ~I Have No Clue~ TIA
Nov 17, 2009

xx ...

She Has Had High S/l Resignate Or Resonate Care For Arthritis. No Clue. TIA
Mar 21, 2010

xx ...

8-month-old On A Medication That Sounds Like Sametadine... Not Cimetadine Does Anyone Have A Clue
Jan 13, 2011

Doing a report on 8-month-old child, is on a medication that sounds like sah-met-a-deen. it is not cimitadine. ...

For Those With Your Own Clients...
Jul 27, 2011

I am wondering when you started soliciting clients if you already had a platform in place or did you wait to see what the potential clients were already using.  I want to start trying to get my own accounts as there have been a lot of practices open up near me recently, but not sure of the steps to take in the beginning.  I am thinking of using Emdat Inscribe as I am already familar with it, but not sure if that is something I need to set up first or is that a waste if the cl ...

? For MTs With Their Own Clients
Sep 22, 2013

Just wondering, for those MTs who do now or in the past have had their own clients...if you had dictators whose dictation style was extremely fast, haphazard or overall just terrible to understand, would you ever contact them and ask that they slow down or clean it up a little? Am curious if you felt you had a right to request decent dictations to work with when you were your own boss. ...

Finding Own Clients PLEASE HELP
Oct 21, 2009

Hi Everyone, Right now the company I work for hardly has any work.  I am thinking about sending out a letter to local clinics and also maybe putting out an ad on craigslist for transcription work.  Have you tried this?  I have questions:   What things do I have to consider? How do I charge people (I know I can do line count in INstantText and figure out line count and cost)-is 10 CPL a good place to start?  Are there other costs I need to factor in?  How about tax ...

Ever Wonder What Clients Would Think About Doing Their Own Outsourcing?
Oct 26, 2010

Just thinking out loud here.  I know many practices probably do their own outsourcing to MTs at home. Why not more?  It must be cheaper for them with higher quality work, personalized service, etc.  Some hospitals even hire MTs to work from home rather than use an MTSO. How can we, as the MT community, reach more clients/practices.  Surely they have a liason in the office who handles the direction of their transcribed reports, in-house editing; someone who could do ...

Do You Think The Providers/clients Know?
May 17, 2011

I mean, I'm an IC, or whatever I'm called now since I'm doing VR.....there has been talk around the company that perhaps the providers don't even know their documents have been moved to VR.  In reality, I think that this might ring true!  Some of us have quit for ethical reasons, and I can say for certain my VR isn't getting any better with the ahhs and ands and everything else that seems to be in the dication that shouldn't be.  After all, the VR doe ...

Wanting To Get My Own Clients
Jan 08, 2012

I am wanting to start getting my own clients again (haven't done that since I picked up and delivered, printed, etc.!!!) but know nothing about the dictation portion of it.  How do you get an FTP site?  Where do you go to get the dictation set up and be able to transcribe it?  What other things do I need to do for that?  Help!  Thank you all :) ...

He Should Tell Those Happy Clients How Much They Pay Us.
Oct 15, 2012

x ...

Need Help Setting Up To Get My Own Clients
Sep 23, 2014

20 years ago, like a lot of us, I worked at home typing dictations from cassettes on a typewriter!   Recently I was asked by a health care provider if I can do her dictation notes on her own program, using her own templates, send them to her printer from my computer, like is done with the national company I work for.  How do I do set this up in this day and age?  Can I download her program onto a thumb drive and put in my own computer?  How do I get her templates into my ...

Wanting My Own Clients
May 17, 2015

I am wanting to start my own MTSO and have my own clients.  I need someone who has done this already to be sort of a mentor for me.  If all you are going to say is "dont do it" or "it really sucks" or other stuff like that, please save it.  I just need advice on how to get started, who makes the decisions in clinics and offices, and so on...     Thanks in advance... MTdude ...

MQ Makes The Deals With The Clients. The MT
Mar 24, 2010

shouldn't be held responsible for what MQ says.  If MQ doesn't want the responsibility for correct reports, they shouldn't make the deals, instead of making deals and then underpaying MTs and putting all the responsibility on them.  All MQ is after is the money, not the responsibility that goes with making the money. ...

MTSO Rates For Clients
Oct 30, 2010

Anyone have an idea of what MTSO client rates run?  I'm thinking 18-22 cpl for acute care (depending on TAT) and 16-20 cents for clinic (depending on TAT).  Do you think these rates are totally outrageous or about in the ballpark?  ...

Recent Calls From Clients, Etc.
Jul 26, 2012

This post is in regard to posts I have seen lately on this board regarding dictators. They actually do care or must feel they need to address situations that I bring to their attention. A call regarding flags from the physician himself. He is realizing how much time I am spending locating certain info not dictated. He tells me officially that the facility is to handle that now so as not to take up my time. A call from a dictator today, stating as he made so many errors and redictations on the ...

How Much Are MTSO's Charging Their Clients
Oct 30, 2012

Just how much profit are they making.  I have no clue, 17 years ago it was 14-cents a line for a 50 character line.  Or maybe somebody can give me a site where I can look it up myself.  Thanks ...