A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I hate working for Nuance so badly. - curiousMT

Posted: Oct 16, 2013

I truly just hate ever day that I have to work for them. The days are sooooo long and seem never-ending.  Fifteen years of 99%+ accuracy and now I need a mentor?  Really?  WTH?  Switch me to a new, more difficult account and after 1 week tell me I suck so bad I have to be mentored?  Provide me with no list of physician names or local cities or names of local hospitals and expect my LPH to be up and running at full speed when I spend all my time Googling for info on an area of the US I have no clue about?  I feel like I'm being set up for a let down.  I freaking hate these people. 

Keep a list of it - alas

[ In Reply To ..]
Just keep a list of what they do to you that's unfair and if you get fired at all, you will be able to tell or write to your unemployment bureau when they ask you questions about why you were fired. I was fired because I had some evil women not helping me but working against me. New account, new doctors, and nobody to help me. 20 emails a day of stupid stuff and if I didn't read an email I was made to feel incompetent. If I had a question they would answer me with "As I told you before in a previous email, bla bla bla" And then I would get a migraine.

Thanks. Good advice. Will do that. :) - curiousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
no message

You would think Nuance could figure out... - lindabel

[ In Reply To ..]
that it is better for the accounts and MTs not to mention most cost effective to retain trained and happy employees. Instead, they crap all over you. No wonder they are always recruiting. Disgraceful.

Keep your e-mails and print them out for - Unemployment Office

[ In Reply To ..]
Trust me. Keep all of those e-mails. Do not delete them. When you are sending e-mails and pleading...begging for help and no assistance is given. That's immediate grounds for you to get your unemployment. It's insubordination on their part. If they won't keep their employees happy while employed and be TLs and TSMs and COMs like they should, then they deserve to have to support you with unemployment.

Thanks, I just did as you suggested. - curiousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a strange feeling that I got set up by my previous TSM to be let go. Just in time for the holidays as per the Nuance way. With the new insurance costs ($800,000 per year more as per email because of ACA) have a feeling a lot of us will be let go soon. They say they are absorbing the cost of the increase so our premiums remain the same but we know they are not that thoughtful. They will cut costs somewhere.

Nuance mentoring - rynnie

[ In Reply To ..]
I just had to reply...I have the same thing going on. I actually got the call today that this is my "final warning." Hard to imagine I have been doing transcription for 13 years and NEVER had any complaints before. Now all of a sudden I am an awful MLS and I am now in jeopardy of losing my job within the next week if my LPH doesn't go up and my accuracy needs to go up too. So frustrating!!!!

Similar Messages:

Nuance, I Hate You.
Nov 09, 2012

x ...

Why If You Hate Nuance So Much Do You
Jul 11, 2013

I just don't get it.  I also don't get a previous post that says Nuance is making them get evicted and be homeless because of low pay. If that's the case why not leave, get another job, why stay at a company that you can't stand and that you are not making the money you need? ...

Hate Nuance
May 14, 2014

Really need to know something positive about this particular company.  I feel very dysloyal and would like to see them fail. I need something to change my mind.   EDIT: Disloyal.  Thanks posters.  I was seeing RED this morning after getting some news that will affect my line count/income from Nuance.  They are RUTHLESS and care nothing about American MTs.  As a matter of fact, they are trying to force us out of the company so more work can be done cheaper in India ...

Warning: Do Not Read This Post If You Want To Hate Nuance
Apr 15, 2015

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/gravity-payments-raise_n_7061676.html The CEO of the company Gravity, doubled all his lowest paid employees salaries to 70k per year AS WELL AS lowered HIS OWN from ONE million to 70k per year. The company's minimum wage is 70k per year.  That guy is my HERO.  Can you even imagine?     ...

Want To Switch From MT To Coding So Badly
Dec 09, 2013

I want to switch from MT to coding sooner rather than later but the problem is funds. It is so frustrating to barely make ends meet and have more month than money at times. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks for listening. ...

Proofing Advice Needed Badly
May 03, 2013

I badly need your tips on proofing and what works for you.  I was always taught (sorry, old school) to type your document and then proof the entire thing, but that takes a long time, especially when documents are 30+ minutes long.  Using that method I do not get any errors.  But I am told I need to speed up, so I tried THEIR way of proofing as I go along, but last night made many errors, ugh!  What works for you?  Your tricks?  Your methods? Any tips on speeding up, ...

Do The Clients Even Have A Clue How Badly They Have Been Ripped Off By ASR?
Aug 14, 2013

Or do they think they can continue to put garbage in and get back a perfect report by the magic of this "wonderful technology."  Do they even know what type of trash it is producing??The first thing these developers did to rip off the health care providers was to tell them that they could simply dictate and it automatically would become patient record with no transcriptionist involved.  We knew that 99% of doctors would never change their style to meet the requirements to dictate accur ...

Working For Nuance???
Jun 06, 2012

I have been out of transcription for roughly 2-1/2 years but need to get back to work.  I am going back to school to get some add'l training this fall but in the meantime need a job.   They are recruiting right now and wondered if someone could tell me something about being an at-home transcriptionist for them?? Any info would be greatly appreciated; thanks!!!!   ...

Anyone Working For Nuance And Liking It???
May 02, 2011

So I hear a lot about how there is no work at Nuance now because they are over hiring and that they are a "nightmare" to work for. Is there anyone working there now that likes it and isn't having any problems?  ...

Any Positives Working For Nuance?
Mar 29, 2013

Is there anything positive about working for Nuance?  What's it like working on the eScription and Dictaphone ExText platforms?  What are your average line counts on those platforms?  I can average 400+ lph working on a clinic account, but I get to use lots of word expanders and templates, it's all straight typing as well.  I read somewhere they just made cuts in pay, was that across the board and how much of a cut was it?  I read that they start out at 4 ...

Still Working For Nuance, Nobody Else Will Hire Me
Nov 07, 2013

and I don't know why.  I have always been able to see an ad, respond to it, and have the job and the schedule I wanted now I'm not even getting responses to resumes and I'm wondering if it's because I'm so close to retirement.  I haven't worked that many places that it looks like I'm job jumping so I can't think of anything else and I'm getting a little nervous.  I need a second job really bad! ...

I Have Come To This Conclusion After Working At Nuance.
Feb 09, 2015

Since they constantly bounce us back and forth, forcing us to choose between production and quality, which have you chosen? Or aren't you there yet? I have chosen quality. At least for the moment. I think I'm getting just as whacko as they are. Signed, Present MUP Collector ...

Working For Nuance Transcription
Mar 25, 2015

Whoever is even thinking of trying to work for Nuance Transcription, should think again!  They are always running out of work and pay sucks big time! They have a new pay system where you are docked for almost everything! You have to meet 99% quality, which is no problem, as you should be meeting that anyway, but then they check your reports, always short ones and if they find an error, especially a major one, that docks your score way down, which in turn docks you pay, plus they then take y ...

Nuance - Working Weekends
Mar 27, 2015

Just wondering.  Nuance bought out my old company a while back, and I have always worked Monday through Friday.  Now all of a sudden they say we HAVE to work either Saturday or Sunday EVERY WEEK.  My question is, if I had said no to the weekend as I was hired Monday-Friday, could they have fired me? ...

Is Anyone Happy Working For Nuance? What About Mmodal? And Why?
Sep 21, 2013

i, too, like a couple others on here right now, am wondering what if any transcription companies still out there are good to work for. ...

I Love Working For Nuance And Have Been Around The Block
Sep 25, 2013

Is There Anyone Here Working For Nuance Or MModal Who Is Happy With Their Job? Nm
Nov 06, 2013

, ...

Nuance - WorldClient/email Not Working??
Dec 17, 2013

Anyone else having trouble?  I wanted to email my tsm but i get: Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to mail.nuance-nts.com Did you mean: nuance-­nts.­com ...

Working For Nuance (minimum Wage)
Sep 27, 2014

25 years ago, I had an hourly wage of $11.50 (before I got into transcription), while the minimum wage was $3.35.  So I was making 3x minimum wage. Fast forward to Nuance today, my salary is $7.25, minimum wage.  (BTW, this is my very first minimum wage job of my entire lifetime, back to when I worked as a teenager in the 1970s).  Plus, the medical benefits are awful, and 25 years ago they were good, along with entirely paid by employer. And, Nuance feels the need to employ an a ...

Real Einsteins Working At Nuance!
Sep 30, 2014

What ever bird brain came up with the idea to work OT for PTO is a real gem. I have 6 accounts and have been OOW for going on 2 days now. Thanks, Nuisance, for the pleasure of working for you. ...

Nuance Losing Account? Maybe It's Working!
Dec 08, 2014

So you need help on this account so far out of TAT you're in danger of losing it. Sounds like people are deserting. Maybe if they lose a few accounts they'll get the message. One can only hope. I feel sorry for the managers. It must be pretty tough sitting between the leeches and those whom they suck the blood out of. How do they do it? ...

Working For Nuance: A Truly Kafkaesque Experience!
May 06, 2015

If you doubt me, see the "Urban Dictionary" definition.  It's about as good as any that I have seen:   http://tinyurl.com/28rqen4 After working for far too long for a smaller MTSO, which was aquired by Nuance and which also treated its workers like dirt, and coming to this company, I begin to wonder if this is just the state of affairs in Health Information Services or just employment in the United States generally.  Trying to get and keep a decently paying job just seems l ...

Anyone Else Working For Nuance Having Issues With Webclock Tonight?
Aug 08, 2011

Mine will work until I click on Webclock to punch in my hours and then it just sits there with a blank page and does nothing. Just wondering if it is just me or anyone else having this problem? ...

Thanks, Nuance For Taking All My Working And Giving It To Offshore
Sep 27, 2012

Thanks so much for taking all the work in my primary and giving it to offshore so that I had to go to my secondary We-Don't-Speak-No-Good-English account!  Thanks for helping me lower my line average with that awesome secondary and raising my QC average!  Thanks for making me sign in and out 10 times yesterday to see if there was work!  Thanks for taking the work (all out of TAT) and giving it back to onshore a half hour before my shift was over!  Thanks for making me lose sleep over ...

Are Nuance MLS Working On Transcend Accounts? My Workload Has
Oct 19, 2012

Just wondering if we're all sharing accounts now. ...

IMPOSSIBLE To Make A Living Working At Nuance.
Aug 11, 2014

This is beyond insane. Why hire all these new people and pay for training and benefits only to have EVERYONE run out of work? It makes no business sense whatsoever. The person making these decisions must have received their MBA from a Cracker Jack's box. It's bad enough that we're being paid peanuts (pun intended), but to run out of work, too? Come on, people. Develop some sense and sensitivity. Thank you. ...

I HATE MY JOB, I HATE THIS LIFE
Jul 09, 2011

I HATE that I am tied to my office just waiting for work to come in on two different companies.  I HATE that I just quit a third company because of LACK OF COMMUNICATION (gave my notice to Keystrokes, no response from ANYONE).  What is wrong with these people?  They demand certain things of us but we have no rights?  I HATE HATE HATE it and as soon as I possibly can find another job, I will LEAVE MT WORLD FOREVER.  I HATE THAT I HAVE NO LIFE WITH THIS PROFESSION.  H ...

End Of My Rope. Hate My Job, Hate What Has Become
Feb 18, 2014

of the medical field in general. What happened to all the American doctors? Has it become so blasted easy for foreigners to come over and get a job as a doctor or are Americans so damn-ass lazy that they don't want to get the education? Or is to so blasted expensive that no one can afford to become a doctor unless you are a foreign student? So freaking sick and tired of all these foreign dictators who speak so fast and sloppy. What the heck is going to become of our health care when we can& ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

I Sure Would Hate To Be A CTL Right Now
Mar 04, 2010

I sure would hate to be a CTL right now and be trying to sell this bag of doody.  They must absolutely need a job worse than ME!  ...