A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

editing macros, anybody willing to share - see message

Posted: Aug 24, 2014

I use Shorthand 10, and just am getting into SR.  I know there are good macros for working with SR, but I cannot remember the ones I had before.  Would anyone be willing to share their's with me and others?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Messages:

Is Anyone Willing To Share Companies That Pay More Than .04/line For Editing - Please Nm
Jan 07, 2010

. ...

Macros?
Feb 01, 2011

I want to be able to type a couple of letters and have a whole physical exam for a certain dictator appear in my Word document.  Do I use a macro for that?  If not, how do I do this?  Any info would be great!! Thanks. ...

Are Macros Possible?
Jan 28, 2015

Lately I have been getting 60% of my work coming through as letters, and I need to know if there is any way I can shorten the process of inserting the Address, Body and Closing headings with some type of macro to avoid so many repetitive keystrokes.  ...

Macros In Word?
Apr 16, 2011

I've always worked from home and used Word Perfect.  Now I'm back in the office - one of offices I've contracted with for years, but they have Word.  It's taking me forever, and I can't figure out how to build macros in Word like I had in Word Perfect.  Help??? ...

Medent Macros
Jan 17, 2013

Does anyone know how to go about setting up macros within Medent? It's a Word based program.  ...

Need Dictaphone Macros
Feb 12, 2015

I'm a former employee, now working as an IC, and had been so used to all the macros that were built into Microsoft Word when they installed Dictatphone/ExEditor.  Unfortunately, you can only access those while ExEditor is open, and I forgot to copy them out of there so I could use them later. Any chance I could get someone on here that is still working on ExEditor to copy their macros and paste them here?  Essentially you'd just need to be in ExEditor with Word open... then ...

Are You Paid For Expanded Macros?
Nov 10, 2010

I just recently started on a new account where there are lots of macros we have to spend time choosing and selecting carefully.  I'm not sure if I'm even getting paid for the fully expanded macros or just wasting time while the doc mumbles and fumbles about which macros to choose and all for free.  I have an E-mail in to the supervisor, but the more advanced technology gets in this field, the more it seems we work for free.  I'm venturing that we do not get paid fo ...

Can Someone Help Me With Macros? Dictaphone EXEditor
Aug 29, 2012

I have written some macros to help with certain formatting issues with Dictaphone EXEditor.  However, I cannot get them to "stick" from session to session.  I have to continually create them daily.  How can I get them to SAVE and be available to me even after I sign out and sign on the next day?   Thank you in advance for your help! ...

Please Help! Trying To Put Macros/expanders In Word 2003
Oct 07, 2010

and I can't figure it out for the life of me . I watched a video of how to make short-cuts, like opening up certain things by just a few keystrokes, but I want to expand words, like tp for the patient.  How do I enter these into Word 2003?  Links?  help please!  I can't afford other productivity software right now. thanks!!!!!!! ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

How To Create A Macros In The New Word 2010?
Nov 21, 2010

Does anyone know how to create a macros in the new Word 2010?  I just got this new OS and and frustrated!  I need a jump code and can't get it to work.  ...

Why Are Macros Easier Than Saving In AutoCorrect?
May 19, 2011

I need all the help I can get.  ...

Benefit Of Adding Shorthand To PC Versus Using Macros?
Feb 05, 2010

What's the benefit of adding Shorthand to PC versus using macros?  How do I add Shorthand.  Do I purchase a program?  Any idea of cost??  Thanks. ...

Creating Macros And Autotext In MS Word 2003
Sep 22, 2010

I know this is probably pretty basic for most people but I just started using MS Word for one of my new MT jobs and there are a lot of repetitive phrases, salutations etc and I want to create my own macros and Autotext but can't seem to find some definitive answers on the internet. I have been working for over 20 years for a hospital who provided all the up to date auto text and macros so I didn't have to create them so now I'm lost. Thanks for any help or advice. ...

Macros Not Holding And Foot Pedal Program Not
Oct 25, 2012

I just recently upgrade to Windows 7 from XP.  I was wondering if there is something different I need to do in programming things or making macros. I have a macro I use to move around in documents.  I never had issues with building this in XP or it working.  BUT I have built it now four times.  It seems to work just fine till I reboot the computer and then it is lost.  Or today it seemed to work till I exited WORD2003 and then came back.  AND I finally got th ...

Need Help With Macros/auto Text In Microsoft Office 7 Professional Version
Oct 08, 2010

I will start working from home as an MT next week, however have discovered that the software (Microsoft Office 7, Professional Version) required by the company is quite different from 2003 version.  I have used autotext for years when transcribing by simply highlighting and saving to keyboard strokes easy to remember, but the 07 version has several other names for autotext like building blocks, etc, and will only allow 255 characters.  I have tried setting up a macro, as well with diff ...

If You're Willing To Share...
May 22, 2012

I'm interested in figuring out the average VR lines per day an MT can average with M*M as well as how many straight typing lines you get per day.  I know this is dependent on a lot of different factors like account and the skill of the MT but, if you are willing to share, I would love for people to post how many lines per day you average on VR and straight typing. Recently someone here mentioned that the top producers in their region were producing 1200 VR lines per day.  I would ...

Have To Share...
Sep 19, 2012

This job was 1561s and very likely could have been done in about 200s.    Dictated:  Eyes:  Upper case p.m. Casey upper case are case are upper case L.  Place a; of ACE upper case place M intact; Transcribed Eyes:  PERRLA, OEM intact.  The WHOLE job was dictated thusly, bear in mind he did not skip a comma, period, semi-colon, colon, dash, hyphen or slash throughout the whole thing.  Spent quite a bit of time removing colons and periods.  It was ...

MEDQUISTS GIVES $4.70 PER SHARE
Oct 01, 2010

While we make less and less, Medquist and its stockholders fiddle while our Rome burns. ...

Got Some Gratitude To Share
Apr 06, 2011

I am grateful to have a job today.  I am grateful that work is available on that job.  I am grateful that it pays well.  I am just grateful.  It may not always be like that, but the majority of the time I have work, and can make money to pay my bills.  Not alot of people can say that.  Not to mention when I am sick like I am now, I can work in the comfort of my own home.  That in itself is a blessing!  I wish this for all of us.  Anybody else with gra ...

Sorry, Have To Share. Thought I Had Seen Everything.
Feb 28, 2012

ASR:  CAT of Eric vein  Dictated:  Cadaveric vein.  ...

ASR Blunder....HAD To Share!
May 09, 2012

...cervicovaginal reflection was then infiltrated "scum french lady" (circumferentially)...   some of this stuff you just can't make up!  ...

Too Funny Not To Share...
Jul 14, 2012

Here is an example of why we need to keep a sense of humor about what we do.  I am sure it shows other things but after the last day of transcribing this long psych eval -  the only thing I need more than humor is bourbon. (BTW, I gave up and am doing the last section of this report this morning.  My poor brain couldn't handle any more last night.) “… which suggests some risk for future problems in the future if treatment in this area of treatment efforts are un ...

I Couldn't Help It, Had To Share
Dec 18, 2012

One of my little foreign dictating darlins dictated under Social History said, patient doesn't smoke alcohol..   ...

Anyone Have A Tip They Can Share For Deleting
Nov 02, 2014

When doing VR, which of course is 98% of the time, I keep my hands at the bottom of the keyboard, left hand near Cntl, right hand hovering over the arrow keys.  Since there is a lot of deleting to do, you have to reach up to the top right corner of the laptop to press delete.  Of course I always have to look to make sure I don't accidentally hit insert.  It's so annoying.  Is there an easier way that I'm not thinking of?  Any suggestions would be SOOOO app ...

My TSM Felt It Appropriate To Share That She Had
Jan 15, 2015

since her baby slept through the night. She is refreshed and ready to go today. Apparently she does spend sleepness nights wondering how she'll pay her bills under this new exciting pay plan in addition to sleepless babies/kids. How insulting. Do they even think before they send these junk messages out ? ...

Share The Same Feelings?
Feb 17, 2015

I get several audits within the "acceptable" range and a "well done." Now, I get a mid-month audit where I fail the standard. ARGH!!! I hate this constant up and down.  Envy those who are able to achieve 100% and get whopping line counts.  Not happening  for me, however. ...

New Job Training Nightmares - Share Yours
Aug 12, 2010

This is the 2nd position I have found myself in in under 3 years.  Again, I am facing being trained by a person who is giving me information so quickly, it is impossible to write it down, left alone remember it.  logmein123 - I watch this MT go through the steps and she is moving through the steps at a furious speed, mumbling about going into the wrong window, back out, into something else, "write this down."  Sets me up and leaves out vital step which I don't realize for a ...

Anyone Want To Share Their Triton Experience? Sm
Oct 18, 2010

Going to be working for Amphion and using Triton.  Anyone willing to share what it is like?  Do I need to get an expander such as SH or IT?     ...

Wanted To Share My Triumph!
Aug 22, 2011

I see so much negative posted on this board, that I wanted to share my success, if for no other reason than to show others that it is possible to do well.   I had struggled for a while lately with production because of some personal circumstances, and having a hard time just getting myself in gear and being able to do what needed to be done. I finally decided that I am the only one who can change my financial situation, and took the bull by the horns.  I downloaded a stopwatch/timer ...