A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are macros possible? - Tired MT

Posted: Jan 28, 2015

Lately I have been getting 60% of my work coming through as letters, and I need to know if there is any way I can shorten the process of inserting the Address, Body and Closing headings with some type of macro to avoid so many repetitive keystrokes. 

Sure, by your - expanders

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thanks - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had not thought of the expander route. It will help with the Address and Body headings, and I can add the Closing heading at the end of the transcription. Thanks again.

Similar Messages:

Macros?
Feb 01, 2011

I want to be able to type a couple of letters and have a whole physical exam for a certain dictator appear in my Word document.  Do I use a macro for that?  If not, how do I do this?  Any info would be great!! Thanks. ...

Macros In Word?
Apr 16, 2011

I've always worked from home and used Word Perfect.  Now I'm back in the office - one of offices I've contracted with for years, but they have Word.  It's taking me forever, and I can't figure out how to build macros in Word like I had in Word Perfect.  Help??? ...

Medent Macros
Jan 17, 2013

Does anyone know how to go about setting up macros within Medent? It's a Word based program.  ...

Need Dictaphone Macros
Feb 12, 2015

I'm a former employee, now working as an IC, and had been so used to all the macros that were built into Microsoft Word when they installed Dictatphone/ExEditor.  Unfortunately, you can only access those while ExEditor is open, and I forgot to copy them out of there so I could use them later. Any chance I could get someone on here that is still working on ExEditor to copy their macros and paste them here?  Essentially you'd just need to be in ExEditor with Word open... then ...

Are You Paid For Expanded Macros?
Nov 10, 2010

I just recently started on a new account where there are lots of macros we have to spend time choosing and selecting carefully.  I'm not sure if I'm even getting paid for the fully expanded macros or just wasting time while the doc mumbles and fumbles about which macros to choose and all for free.  I have an E-mail in to the supervisor, but the more advanced technology gets in this field, the more it seems we work for free.  I'm venturing that we do not get paid fo ...

Can Someone Help Me With Macros? Dictaphone EXEditor
Aug 29, 2012

I have written some macros to help with certain formatting issues with Dictaphone EXEditor.  However, I cannot get them to "stick" from session to session.  I have to continually create them daily.  How can I get them to SAVE and be available to me even after I sign out and sign on the next day?   Thank you in advance for your help! ...

Editing Macros, Anybody Willing To Share
Aug 24, 2014

I use Shorthand 10, and just am getting into SR.  I know there are good macros for working with SR, but I cannot remember the ones I had before.  Would anyone be willing to share their's with me and others?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Please Help! Trying To Put Macros/expanders In Word 2003
Oct 07, 2010

and I can't figure it out for the life of me . I watched a video of how to make short-cuts, like opening up certain things by just a few keystrokes, but I want to expand words, like tp for the patient.  How do I enter these into Word 2003?  Links?  help please!  I can't afford other productivity software right now. thanks!!!!!!! ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

How To Create A Macros In The New Word 2010?
Nov 21, 2010

Does anyone know how to create a macros in the new Word 2010?  I just got this new OS and and frustrated!  I need a jump code and can't get it to work.  ...

Why Are Macros Easier Than Saving In AutoCorrect?
May 19, 2011

I need all the help I can get.  ...

Benefit Of Adding Shorthand To PC Versus Using Macros?
Feb 05, 2010

What's the benefit of adding Shorthand to PC versus using macros?  How do I add Shorthand.  Do I purchase a program?  Any idea of cost??  Thanks. ...

Creating Macros And Autotext In MS Word 2003
Sep 22, 2010

I know this is probably pretty basic for most people but I just started using MS Word for one of my new MT jobs and there are a lot of repetitive phrases, salutations etc and I want to create my own macros and Autotext but can't seem to find some definitive answers on the internet. I have been working for over 20 years for a hospital who provided all the up to date auto text and macros so I didn't have to create them so now I'm lost. Thanks for any help or advice. ...

Macros Not Holding And Foot Pedal Program Not
Oct 25, 2012

I just recently upgrade to Windows 7 from XP.  I was wondering if there is something different I need to do in programming things or making macros. I have a macro I use to move around in documents.  I never had issues with building this in XP or it working.  BUT I have built it now four times.  It seems to work just fine till I reboot the computer and then it is lost.  Or today it seemed to work till I exited WORD2003 and then came back.  AND I finally got th ...

Need Help With Macros/auto Text In Microsoft Office 7 Professional Version
Oct 08, 2010

I will start working from home as an MT next week, however have discovered that the software (Microsoft Office 7, Professional Version) required by the company is quite different from 2003 version.  I have used autotext for years when transcribing by simply highlighting and saving to keyboard strokes easy to remember, but the 07 version has several other names for autotext like building blocks, etc, and will only allow 255 characters.  I have tried setting up a macro, as well with diff ...