A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need help with floating tool bar and Smartype for EditScript version 8 - Computer challenged

Posted: Feb 01, 2010

Hi,

I have instructions for creating a floating tool bar in order to access Smartype when using version 8 EditScript, but it's not working.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Aren't all toolbars floating? - MT who knows

[ In Reply To ..]
Aren't all toolbars floating? Every application that I have worked within the past several years (or more) has floating toolbars -- everything in every part of business from MS Office to Adobe. If it is like anything that I have worked with, look at the bar, there is usually some type of "grab lines" on the left-hand side. Just click and move the toolbar wherever you want it. You can do the same thing with the other open windows too. You can move this stuff around so independently that you can have it over the top of what you are doing if you want. :-)

Floating toolbars - Computer Challenged

[ In Reply To ..]
I was given instructions on how to create a floating tool bar by adding a Smartype feature and I can't get it to work. The toolbar in EditScript 8 won't give me access to Smartype. If you or anyone else can offer help, I would greatly appreciate it.

sorry MT who knows, you are wrong. SM - notclaiminggeniousbutreally

[ In Reply To ..]
you have to set the preferences under both Smart Line and Smart List. I cannot help with the problem of it not working with Escription 8, but remeber having trouble with my list when I changed to Word 2007, in which case I had to go into AddOn's and make an adjustment there.

(To MT know-it-all) I don't claim to know everything, but your (all) posts always come off as talking down to the less intellectually endowed, i.e., everyone. Not sure you realize that. Just sayin....

Toolbars - Computer Challenged

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for your input.

Similar Messages:

In The New Version Of Smartype...
Jan 19, 2012

I downloaded the new version of Smartype, and I need to figure out how you get something not to expand like say if you type pm and it expands it but you don't want it to.  The older version you could type the word and press the shift key while pressing the spacebar and it would not expand, but it does not work that way on this version.  I have no idea how to change the hotkey from the spacebar either.  I have looked through the help pages and can't find it.  ...

Smartype Editscript
Jul 27, 2010

I have read to many articles on MT stars to get my smartype to work with Editscript.  Last night it worked briefly but I would have the hit the spacebar and the type the first letter and then choose the expansion.  Then it did not work again.  There has to be a way for smartype to work with Editscript.  There is enought computer "wizards" that this probably could be resolved.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I would hate to give up on this program number 1 i ...

What Version Of IE Are You Using With Editscript ?
Apr 06, 2013

I got a new computer a couple weeks ago with Windows 7 and IE 8.  Since IE 9 is not compatable with Editscript, when IE did the automatic update to IE 9 things started going bonkers while working, so I uninstalled it.  During the uninstall, somehow IE 8 dissappeared completely.  No matter what I try, I can't get IE 8 back.  (I know this sounds confusing).  My question is.....Has anyone tried to run IE 10 with Editscipt?  Whenever I try to search for an older ve ...

EditScript, What Version Of Windows Explorer Do U
Jan 14, 2013

Can you use version 8? ...

Editscript Version 11 Pending Issue
Mar 07, 2015

Anyone on Editscript version 11, word 2013, having trouble getting the pending process to 'save.' It has been very hit and miss with me, so I cannot work on the account that really needs it. If so, you may send reply by e-mail. I am not a suit nor tracking anyone. I cannot get the reports pended even though I am doing the proper sequence as indicated in instructions. Thanks if you can help. ...

Office 2010 Version To Work With Editscript
Mar 11, 2014

Anyone know which Office 2010 version you have to have to be compatible with EditScript?  I have to upgrade from 2003 and had to get the Small Business Edition of that.  Is it the same with 2010?  Thanks! ...

Editscript - How To Check My Line Count In Editscript? 
May 18, 2013

Can anybody tell me how to check my line count in Editscript?  ...

Dissection Tool
Feb 09, 2010

The incision was than carried down to through the skin in subcutaneous tissues and self-retaining retractors were placed while --------- used to carry out the dissection down to the spinous processes from C2-C7.   it sounds like sharpi section--but that is not correct. Any help would be wonderful thanks! ...

HELP! I Lost My Tool Bar - Sm
Mar 18, 2010

I was doing something on the internet in Explorer and I did something that made my toolbar at the bottom go away.  Can anyone help me get it back?  Thanks in advance. ...

Surgery Tool
Jul 16, 2010

s/l Wesip grasper ...

Customizable Tool Bar
May 10, 2015

I've spent days trying out "customizable" toolbars for quick access to links for MT, such as rxlist, acronyms, FDA drugs, doctor finder, etc. None of the toolbars I have tried have allowed customized links except Yahoo which is loaded with bugs and keeps deleting itself requiring re-creation every day or so.  Has anyone found a good way to create one-click links while working other than the Bookmarks? Thanks for any ideas. ...

S/l Stinsky (surgical Tool?)
Sep 09, 2010

We divided the aorta between clips. We then placed a Stinski acrossthe entire renal hilum. ...

S/l Pulmonary Tool Vent
Jun 18, 2011

Doctor is performing a median sternotomy and it s/ he says Pulmonary tool vent was placed. What could this be? Thank you! ...

PScribe--What Productive Tool Is Best To Use?
Jan 21, 2011

That platform does not have a built in productive tool (expansions), and I was just wondering what everyone else uses. Thanks. ...

Not The Sharpest Tool In The Shed
Jul 03, 2012

I can't find MModal on Facebook. The only thing I see is called MModal Recruiting. Is that the only FB page they have? Somebody said something about Indians commenting on the page and I can't find it. Wah! TIA ...

Looking For A Word Search Tool
Jun 09, 2015

When I was in school our prof gave us a link to a search site where you could enter a medical prefix or suffix, a middle letter and it would bring up a list of possibilities. My computer died and I lost it. I'm hoping someone knows the name of it. It was fabulous! ...

Dictaphone - Hit Some Keys And Now My Tool Bar Has Expanded
Nov 17, 2010

I accidently hit some keys and now my tool bar has expanded and shows  what look like editing tabs?  (speech) right. (speech) etc.   But I have no idea what I hit so I don't know how to undo.  Any ideas?   I am in Word 07.   Thank you ...

So Glad They Created Yet Another Tool To Monitor
Feb 01, 2014

every single thing we do rather than fixing the question mark problem in Fluency, or the fuzzy physician search, etc.  Sigh. ...

S/l Grade D Tool-la-gra To Help With Compression....Any Idease?
Aug 12, 2014

FIESA Quality Evaluation Tool
Feb 25, 2015

Can any one tell me where can I get this tool from? ...

Smartype - What To Use Instead?
Mar 02, 2011

I know this is probably reallyyy old, but I have been using Smartype for the past 10 years.  I now have a new job and they are loading Microsoft 2007 onto my computer and I cannot transfer Smartype into it as I guess this is a dinasour.  Can anyone please tell me what you are using insteady of Smartype?  Thanks so much! ...

Need 64 Bit Smartype
Jan 17, 2012

I need 64 bit smartype program, I have the 32 bit program but will not work with windows 7, not so happy about that, does any one have one or know how to get a copy?   ...

Smartype?
Nov 30, 2012

Is anyone using Smartype?  I used it back in the days of WP5.1.  Most of the windows expanders I've used have "stuttered."  Wondered if this one does, too. Tried several that where o=and f=for if I type "of" I get andfor Looking for something that works.  ...

SmarType Help, Please
Mar 08, 2013

I am just staring with SmarType and am having an issue whenever I use the word "he."  SmarType kept replacing "he" with "her," so I deleted "her" from the auto-option.  I thought that would fix the issue, but now it's replacing "he" with "heart," which is now the first auto-option word beginning with "h-e."   It's getting monotonous and time-consuming having to go back and correct this, as you can imagine. Has anyone else encountered this with SmarType and how did you ...

Surgical Tool For Sinus S/l Curved Giraffe
Aug 18, 2011

. ...

Oh Goody, Shaw Has A New Productivity Tracking Tool For Us.
Jul 12, 2013

Whatever my count is, too bad. With the sorry excuse for ASR that we given to edit, let the chips lay where they might. Whatever my line count is, I am doing the best I can - as confirmed by the fact I have next to no nonproductive time showing on my statistics. ...

A Tool Providing Anonimity On Line For Those Who Are Afraid Of Retaliation
Dec 04, 2014

I have noticed that there is a lot of fear among workers here when it comes to reporting any suspected illegal or even unethical activity on the part of their employer.  Therefore, I will put you onto a tool that might help.  It's called TOR and it was developed by the US Government to help people in places like Iran post on line without fear of repercussions from oppressive governments.  This tool not only allows people to browse the Internet annonymously, it allows users to ...

Smartype And Inscribe
Mar 18, 2011

I have just accepted a position that uses Inscribe.  I have been using Smartype for 4 years on the account I work on in MS Word.  I've been searching for 2 days trying to find out if Smartype will work in Inscribe and have found next to nothing on the 2 programs together (lots of info for Inscribe alone and little on Smartype alone).  The company said they do not know if Smartype will work with Inscribe.  Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks in advance for any ...

Anyone Else Doing The Smartype 30-day Trial?
Jan 25, 2012

It does not look like my original Smartype.  There is only a suggestion box and no Smartline like I am used to, but I have adjusted the suggestion box and it's better.  I am getting used to it.  I like how fast it is. The vocabulary seems bigger, especially the phrases.  I'm going to spend some time importing my old ST entries this afternoon.  Overall I really like it and will likely purchase it with the current special. At least I can stop worrying about w ...

Smartype - Reviews On It ?
Jan 01, 2013

Considering buying Smartype. Looking for reviews on it. Thanks! ...