A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Shorthand drug list needed! - oldNWmt

Posted: Nov 23, 2011

I'm starting a new account this week and all drugs are to be done in all CAPS.  Does anyone have a Shorthand file that contains drugs only that they'd be willing to share?  It's only if the expansions are not upper case, I just need something to get started with.  Thanks in advance!

Check this website - Lvgonadream

[ In Reply To ..]
I've found tons of useful stuff here. If you can't find what you are looking for, just ask. Harry who runs the site, is extremely helpful.

You can - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you already have a drug list, you can export it to a text file, do a "select all" and change the format to all caps, and then reimport the new list to Shorthand. I do not recall all the keystrokes or menus, but you should be able to find the export/import thing under the "help" menu.

Similar Messages:

Short Cut For List Punctuation In A Drug List? (Fluency)
Dec 06, 2014

Is there is quick way to add commas between items in a list? Of course, using Ctl K in front a word will change the punctuation, but it will also change a capitalized drug to lower case, and you will still have to get to the beginning of the next drug which will require 2 Ctl arrows and backspace. Ctl arrow takes you to the beginning of the next word, but you will have to backspace to put in the comma. Adding punctuation to lists is so time consuming! ...

PC Shorthand Help Needed
May 19, 2015

I'm new to PC Shorthand and wonder if there is a way to "turn it off" for all programs/applications except for MS Word.  I don't want it working when I use AOL IM, when I'm in my browser, etc., only when I'm transcribing in MS Word.  TIA for any help!  ...

Shorthand Help Needed Please. New To VR And Struggling.
Dec 28, 2010

can someone please tell me how or if there is a way I can get Shorthand to jump to end of word, insert comma, go to next word?  Sorry if I'm not making any sense!  As in a list of medications the VR is not putting in the commas and it's slowing me way down trying to ctrl right arrow backspace comma ctrl right arrow.  Working in M*Modal based program.  Thanks very very much! ...

Anyone Heard Of A Drug That S/L *Absion Or Apsion*? It Is In The Drug List...
Mar 01, 2010

nm ...

Drug S/l Ra Noo Dian 75 Mg As Needed.
Jan 19, 2011

? ...

Dictates Drug List With DMT 5-MeO. Sm
Mar 06, 2011

methamphetamine, marijuana, ecstasy, mushrooms, PCP, DMT, 5-MeO, peyote, LSD, alcohol, and tobacco. (the commas are not dictated).  I am questioning the DMT, 5-MeO, because I find 5-MeO-DMT and one thing??  How to type?  ...

In Drug List. S/l Mer Pen A Dene.
Dec 08, 2011

? ...

Looking For Drug In A List Of Medications, S/l Apria, Sm
Jun 06, 2011

past medical history includes  Sleep apnea.  Hypertension. Seasonal allergies. Gastroesophageal reflux disease. The patient is being seen for anemia.  ...

Med Drug List. S/l Turb En A Fene.
Dec 09, 2011

:)   ...

Anyone Heard Of A Drug That S/l *urochaksaw* - It Is In The Meds List.
Feb 02, 2010

nm   ...

Drug List S/l Acidic Liptan Or Acitic Glyptan 100 Mg
May 10, 2012

Med history:  Morbid obesity. Diabetes mellitus. Hyperlipidemia. Hypertension. ...

Med List S/l "ease Event" As Needed.
Jul 06, 2012

He is also on albuterol inhaler.  ...

Word Listed In Drug List: S/L Medinex. Anyone Know Exact Spelling?
Mar 15, 2010

nm ...

Drug Name Given In List Of Broad-spectum Antibiotics S/l "New-mast"
Aug 13, 2011

x ...

Drug List Sounds Like "Lexaril" 5/10 Mg Daily. Medical Problems In Message.
Jun 11, 2010

PAST MEDICAL HISTORY  Hypertension. Hyperlipidemia.  Gastroesophageal reflux disease. History of recurrent headaches. ...

Drug List Sounds Like "zubatrofam" Topically.
Oct 11, 2010

:) ...

Drug Sounds Like "danz A Trol" See List.
Oct 19, 2010

1.       Metronidazole. 2.       Extended release morphine. 3.       Naloxone 4.       Neurontin. 5.       "Danza trol" 6.       Oxycodone as needed.  ...

Drug List, Doc Spells "Calaisan"
Jul 09, 2012

Drug list:  "Calaisan". Metformin.   Accupril 40 b.i.d.   Verelan. K-Dur. Med history:  B-cell lymphoma. Hypertension. Arthritis. Diabetes. ...

Drug List S/l "o Ma" (rhymes With Coma).
Jul 19, 2012

Ativan. __.  s/l OMA (no letters before or after.  not soma).  Compazine. Zofran. Triple mix. Mouthwash. Hydrocodone. Only medical history is treating lymphoma.  ...

Drug List S/l "doo Tare A"
Sep 25, 2013

ADHD. Depression. Chronic back pain with history of lumbar spine diskectomy. Breast cancer. ...

In The New Cardiac Reference (cardiac Drug List)
Jan 16, 2015

wrong.  Whoever did that, 3 points off and your pay gets docked by $129.   ...

Drug List: S/l "Klep A Dog Ua" Row Bu Sin Ide" And "Pay A Troprium".
Aug 06, 2012

Multiple sclerosis.   Angina.   Gastroesophageal reflux disease. Hypertension.   Bladder cancer. Major depressive disorder.   COPD.   Upper extremity DVT.  Bisacodyl. Interferon beta-1b. Quetiapine. Amoxicillin. "Klepadoqua."  Phenantoin. Bupropion. Lisinopril. Cyanocobalamin. Metoprolol. Isosorbide mononitrate. Albuterol.   "Robusinide." Simvastatin. Nitroglycerine 0.4 mg sublingual p.r.n. Nicotine lozenges. ...

OB/GYN Help Needed....
Dec 12, 2009

This patient is in for cold symptoms.  First assessment listed is:  Pregnancy via in vitro fertilization - doc goes on to dictate what s/l Patient is D G 2 P-0-0-1-0 Not familiar with the way this is done and not sure if I'm typing that correctly, can anyone help?  Thanks!     ...

Lab Help Needed
Feb 09, 2011

I am typing a new doctor.  He said FBS is 150.  ACBA1C is 5.9.  Blood sugars are about 150.  I know the A1C part, but was it ACB.  He does not take a break, but runs ACBA1C together.  Any help appreciated. ...

This Is Why We Are Needed
Jun 29, 2013

Work Needed
Nov 18, 2009

I was informed that some companies will train you, or fund your education, and then you work for them. Is this true? What are the companies? I am really interested in becoming a MT. ...

Insight Needed
Jan 15, 2010

I have been reading your posts for sometime now and I can’t  imagine how much this field has changed for some of you who are veterans.  I have been considering going to Career Step through a partnership program they have with Fayetville Technical Community College. I would like some insight from those who are MT’s.  I do not expect to make the salary I am making now working in the legal field but what I am looking for (besides wanting to get away from lawyer ...

Experience Needed
Feb 05, 2010

Can someone please help me in finding out how I gain experience in medical transcribing.  I have completed a career diploma program from Brighton College.  Received a 3.945 gpa.  If it wasn't for the fact that I love learning I would think gaining an education is a waste of time. Thanks for any input. ...

Expertise Needed
May 20, 2010

Hi any help would be so much appreciated! I am thinking of going into MT. I have done a lot of research, some (well more than some) is negative as far as gaining employment, but then there are the positive comments. This is something that I really want to do, so I am going for it.. Can anyone please tell me if it would benefit me at all to get an AAS in Medical Transcription or would I be wasting my time and money. It is costly.   Thank you in advance to anyone who could help me out.. & ...

As If I Needed More Proof
May 21, 2010

You know, we hear tales, hope they're not true, but now I believe that the evil Q is intentionally sabotaging our work! I've been on 100% QA for failing my audit.  Yesterday I was being audited again, was aware of it and was working e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y carefully, very conscious and aware of everything I was doing.  My production was down a bit, but my accuracy was spot on!   As we all know, they audit 5 reports and average out the score.  My accuracy was 9 ...