A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Newer version users of Dial Dictate and Express Delegate HELP PLEASE - Maggie

Posted: Apr 16, 2015

I am wondering if anyone uses these formats for their dictators.  I have Dial Dictate in my computer, the docs dictate and then through Outlook Express it is made into voice file and sent via email for transcription.  BUT I have a pretty old system, like 10 years.  I would like information on the newer version that is out that doesn't require phone lines into the computer.  According to BEST BUY you can't even buy computers with phone modems in them, let alone with 8 and they told me that newer technology would warrant that the program has to have changed now too.

IS ANYONE USING A NEWER VERSION without having to have phone ports?

thank you for any help

Maggie

Similar Messages:

Dictate Express - Come One, Come All, To The
Apr 10, 2014

greatest job of them all - You can be an MT here for a whopping........WAIT FOR IT........0.05 CPL!!!!!!!  Plus you can pay your own taxes and never get a paid vacation!!!  Just when you think you've seen it all.  Let's not all trample each other lining up to apply.  Please - can we all realize we're better than this and deserve better than this and not apply to these places that low ball us like this?!!??!  I think these companies will keep just seeing ho ...

Dictate Express
Apr 26, 2014

Has anyone been hired by or worked for Dictate Express in Solana Beach, California?  I checked with BBB and they have no record of them.  Got email I was hired.  I have been scammed once this month and do not need another.  Please help???? Signed numbtypist ...

Express Scribe/Dictate
Feb 18, 2013

I have a doctor interested in me typing up his dictation and is also interested in purchasing software to do this.  I found Express Scribe/Dictate on the internet and he seems happy about the software.  I am a little confused since the company is in Australia and do not want to lead him down the wrong road.  I am wondering if there are any problems with Express Scribe, or if one would have to end up purchasing other equipment to go with it in order to use it, like a microphone, sp ...

Dictate Express -- Some Clarification
Jun 04, 2013

There were some recent posts regarding Dictate Express and their rate of pay.  This is general transcription and the account I am on has very clear speakers.  A template is provided to use.  Granted, there were "gripes about their pay; however, the first report I did was a little over 900 lines, so if I can do 2-3 files a day, then that would make for a decent paycheck. ...

Dictate Express - Any Info?
Dec 20, 2013

Has anybody heard of this company and know anything about it? ...

Question For Users Of Express Scribe
Nov 18, 2010

I just downloaded and started using Express Scribe and am wondering if there's a way to set it so that it automatically backspaces a second or two when you lift up on the pedal?    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.  ...

Seeking Info On Dictate Express
Aug 16, 2014

I would like to apply to this company, but have been so burned in the past that I would appreciate any info anyone would care to share.  I am most interested in whether they use straight transcription, whether they hire part time, but any thoughts on this company would be very much appreciated.  ...

Express Dictate Being Gurgly/garbled
Mar 19, 2015

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems like this using Express Scribe?  It just started Thursday and I don't know why.  No new programs or anything changed.  BUt I open the voice file and it almost sounds underwater or gurgly...I have to backspace to listen to it over....it isn't the entire recording just parts.  The reason I am wondering if it is the Express scribe is because another girl that gets the voice files is not having any issues, the dictations ar ...

Express Scribe 5.14 Version
Dec 22, 2011

Does anyone have any idea where I can locate the 5.14 version of Express Scribe.  I have tried everything I can think of to obtain this older version.  I have even tried to transfer it to my newer laptop, but everytime it downloads the most recent version and the recent version will not work on my laptop.  Thanks for any and all help. ...

Does Anyone Has The Old Version Of Express Scribe
Jan 10, 2012

does anyone has the old version of express scribe that they could possibly send me a link to that I can download...thanks ...

Express Scribe - Anyone Know Where I Can Get An Older Version Of This?
Mar 26, 2010

got new computer and uploaded express scribe but the new version seems to take FOREVER to load up my dss files.  I miss my old version!!!  Anyone know where I can find an older version to download?   Thanks!!! ...

Express Scribe Free Version ?
Nov 02, 2012

I need the free version of Express Scribe and can't figure out how to get it.  I purchased the Pro version and I found I don't like it.  I'd like to continue using the older version because I'm comfortable with it, but I can figure out how to download it without having the trial version (which it ends up asking you to purchase).  I feel like I'm being clear as mud :-), sorry.  Can anyone help?  Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Have An Older Version Of Express Scribe
Aug 28, 2014

Mine got deleted after I had to get a complete reinstall. It's not on either of my flash drives, it's gone. Does anyone have a copy of an older version with less complicated features and crap that I can get a copy from you, please? This program is no longer truly free. You download the "free" version and in 14 days you are locked out of it unless you pay. You can't use "all the features" which simply means the foot pedal option does not work anymore. This company d ...

Express Scribe Wont Let Me Use My Foot Pedal With The Free Version
Jan 18, 2013

Trying to download express scribe, but it wont let me use my foot pedal with the free version.  Any suggestions? ...

Transcription Connection, Anything Newer Than 2007? Nm
Sep 30, 2010

nm ...

Any Info On Transtech (Texas), Cant Find Anything Newer Than 2009.
May 26, 2011

Archives are only to 2009, cant find anything newer. Sounded good back then, how are they now? ...

Dial Shunt?
Aug 06, 2010

Is there such a thing as a dial shunt surgery?  I can't tell if this doctor is trying to think of what she wants to say or if she's tripping over her words on this one.  The next number in the past medical history is multiple caths, if that helps at all.  Her diagnosis is end state renal disease/on dialysis. ...

Are There Any Companies That Use C-phone Only And Dial Up? Nm TIA
Jan 29, 2010

nm ...

Dial In Dictation Systems
Feb 18, 2010

I need to add the ability for a new account to be able to utilize dial in dictation.  He was previously doing this with another service and I would like to offer the same thing to make it easier on him.  I am a small shop and am looking for something that is cost effective but easy to get set up and going on. Any suggestions on where to start for this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Satellite, DSL, Dial Up And Bayscribe
Apr 13, 2010

Does anyone use something other than broadband with Bayscribe and how does it work for you? ...

Using Pc To Access Dial-in System
Jul 13, 2010

I am trying to use pc to record dictations over the phone line.  I can connect to the dial-in system, but do not know what to use to type in my user ID and to sign off on each report as they are finished recording. ...

MQ Employee Who Has Dial Up And Needs To Know If Any Other MQ MTs Are Using Satellite?
Sep 10, 2010

Even though I was told by my CCM she has sympathy for my plight I am required to download 6.1.  Okay, I had to take my puter to parents to get the tutorial.  I don't have a problem taking the CPU over there to get the 6.1 upgrade (downgrade if I see correctly by others).   I have dial up and cannot get DSL.   I have been with this company for 17 years.  I am not an overt cheerleader, but I need my job and cannot go outside my home.   Someone ment ...

Pregnancy Exam - Dial Conjugate?
Nov 28, 2009

The doctor states that exam of the bony pelvis shows she has "dial conjugate" greater than 15 cm. What am i actually hearing?!  ...

Can No Longer Download Jobs Via Dial-up Connection
Jul 28, 2010

I have been working successfully for Softscript for the past 5 years via a dial-up internet connection.  Recently, I have been having trouble downloading jobs; i.e., I can't do it.  The tech person I have been working with there says that my computer is fine - it is just that dial-up is outdated - "no one expects anyone to have a dial-up connection any more". I don't understand how it can be working one day and not the next.  Anybody have any ideas, fixes, etc.  I ...

Any MAC Users?
May 10, 2010

Anybody have a Mac?  Do you love it?  I've only read positive reviews by Mac owners. and the peoplle i know who are Mac owners really love them as well.  Any quirks or downsides to owning one/using one?  What are the upsides to owning a Mac?  Are they worth the money? What are the positives to owning a Mac?  Thanks for any insight. ...

EditScript Users
Oct 07, 2010

What are your average lines per hour for editing?  Acute care.  We are transitioning over and most dictations have not gone into editing yet. We are curious as to what your productivity is.   So far the drafts are amazingly good.  This is all new to us.  I have read through the archives but they are not very recent.  Thank you to anyone who answers. ...

Any BayScribe Users Out There?
Sep 04, 2011

I started with a company using BayScribe.  I have a rather unusual problem.  The BayScribe expander will not function in the document.  I can bring it up via Control F3 and can add entries, but they will not expand.  When my machine is entered remotely, that user IS able to expand, but within the same session, I still cannot expand.  I have uninstall, reinstalled, Norton off, IE setting fine.  Toggling on and off makes no difference.  I have been troubleshootin ...

Bayscribe Users
Jun 23, 2012

Having been away from Bayscribe for awhile, I cannot remember the keystroke(s), but can you tell me how, after you highlight a word or phrase, that you can change the case, ie, from lower, to upper, to mixed?  Thanks. ...

Question For DQS Users
Jul 20, 2012

Hi Everyone - I need some help from the DocQScribe users. I had a little trouble with my computer earlier today.  Got it up and running again, but now when I go into DQS, everything works except for Control+J (Jump) and Control+D (to go to demo screen).  Is this a problem in a setting for DQS?  Is it my computer?  My keyboard?  I also use Shorthand word expander and have checked all the settings in there they all look good. Anyone have any ideas?  I'm switch ...

Question For ASR Users
Sep 27, 2012

I'm curious.  What is your ASR editing style?  1) Just read and fix, without listening, but listen to certain parts if question. 2) Read against voice everytime and fix, then send. 3) Read against voice everytime and fix, then read against voice again, then send. 4) Read against voice, fix, then just read without a second listen. 5) Other. Explain. I'm tired of ASR, and just curious how others are doing it!   ...