A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dictate Express -- some clarification - old, worn out and tired MT

Posted: Jun 04, 2013

There were some recent posts regarding Dictate Express and their rate of pay.  This is general transcription and the account I am on has very clear speakers.  A template is provided to use.  Granted, there were "gripes about their pay; however, the first report I did was a little over 900 lines, so if I can do 2-3 files a day, then that would make for a decent paycheck.

Dictate Express - MTMS

[ In Reply To ..]
Are they the ones paying .98 per minute?

Really not sure - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Not really sure. I am being paid per line and that is what their recent ad stated as well.

No, they pay 5 cents a line w spaces - which is less than - legal transcription and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Far less than medical transcription.

Reply to your response - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Granted, they only pay 5 cpl, but reports are double spaced and include headers and footers. Something medical transcription does not do any more. Also, with legal transcription, it cannot be offshored. The other thing as well, is that many of the "speakers/dictators" are the same speakers, so once you get used to whom is whom, your production increases. They pay based on a 65-character line with spaces -- I for one, rather enjoy it, because I don't have the pressure of trying to "meet ungodly TAT" like you have to do with medical transcription. The first file that I did for this company had a 3 day TAT. The audio quality is excellent and the software they use for playback is 4-channel, so if need be, you can just listen to one person speaking at a time. The person that I report to is extremely helpful and will remote into my computer to explain "formatting issues, etc." Once I am off QA, I will be making very decent money, even at 0.5 cpl. On average, according to what my supervisor told me, she averages approximately $900-1000 per week.
Legal is off-shored all the time - a good chunk of it - - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You don't make anymore money with the reports being double-spaced, unless you were being paid by the page. Your supervisor probably earns that because she takes the easier reports. I've been doing legal/general/law enforcement, as well as medical, for over 20 years and this is the lowest I've ever seen advertised for general. Even that ad from eword pays better, which everyone complained about, but that is what legal pays for that type of work because of off-shoring and the need to compete. That is the reason why Dictate Express pays so terribly - they are competing with off-shore companies and want the work. You should go over to one of the general/legal boards and see what you're really worth - it's certainly not 5 cents a line with spaces. You'd be surprised at what you can make with a real company that pays a good wage, and there are a lot of 'em out there.
5 cents a line with spaces - AC
[ In Reply To ..]
The way they pay does not have anything to do if the page is double spaced or single spaced as that doesn't matter at all. The take all the characters including spaces in the completed document and then divide that by 65, so you can see being double spaced is fine as you would make the same on a report that was single spaced as you would double spaced. All the files I have done there is no legal terminology at all in them, just straight talking, so I have felt like 5 cents a line is fair. All the voice files have been very clear as well and easy to understand. I have very good paychecks with them due to all of that.
Reply to your post re: Dictate Express - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm relatively new and on one of the "WC Hearing" accounts. I really enjoy it, although right now, I still feel pretty "dumb," with regards to the formatting etc. Both C and C have been extremely friendly and helpful and I hope to get to the point where I can really get up to speed on this account and be able to do 2, maybe 3 files a day.
Is this editing or typing for 5 cents a line? - Medical MT nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
It is for typing however... - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
It is for straight typing. However, this is not medical transcription. These are mainly files with 2 or more speakers and work is double spaced. One file I did today was 30 pages long and they pay 65 character line with spaces.
That sounds good, but am used to 8 cents per typed line, however... - Editing is what I do for 4 cents
[ In Reply To ..]
I find this interesting since the company I work for is really screwing us at every turn. Single space between sentences and no pay for headers or footers where we find the info to put in them. I am wondering if the difficulty with this is being able to type multiple people talking at the same time.
I'm telling you, go to a legal/GT board and you'll see - 5 cpl is NOT good - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You can't use expanders, you have to type every single word. Just wait until you get a challenging audio file. For two or more speakers, GT commands a minimum of $45 an audio hour for newbies. The low standard is $60 an audio hour, with $80 an audio hour not unheard of at all. You are NOT making that at 5 cpl.
That does sound better than MT, but would they hire an MT? - Where is the legal/GT board?
[ In Reply To ..]
I will have to research this some more. Thanks for the info!
There is no legal/general transcription board on MT Stars - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
What the poster above was referring to, although they did not make themselves very clear, is to do a search for these types of jobs on the internet. MTStars does not have a "board" on here for this typoe of transcription. Occasionally, there will be postings on MTStars and on "the other board" for this type of work. Hope this helps
Exactly, OP. I was not very clear - - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
you can't post the name of the boards on here, unfortunately :(
GT/Legal Transcription - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
I know about that however, I have seeb "the other MTjob board" slip through a few times recently. I took it as someone looking at the side of this board, thinking there was a forum.
GMR is hiring for GT with a medical background - - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They have been around a long time and are a good company to work for. I have never seen a bad word on them anywhere on the general side. This is what they posted:

We need typists for our Medical Marketing Research transcription team.

We are transcribing doctor-patient or doctor-company interviews. So it is more in the nature of general transcription. However, the background is medical and therefore you should be familiar with medical terms, disease and conditions, drugs and names.

We expect you to transcribe 60 minutes of audio per day. Files will be assigned Monday to Friday. Monday files are due on Tuesday and so on. Friday files will be due on Monday.

The pay rate is 77 cents per audio minute. Payroll is every other Friday.
How to apply.

Typists from US and Canada only need apply. Please send your resume by email as an attachment. Do not place the resume in the body of the email. The resume should be named to contain your name. There will be a small test file to assess your listening skills and accuracy and ability to follow the style guide. Successful candidates will join as independent contractors.

Email: vksinha@gmrtranscription.com

Similar Messages:

Dictate Express - Come One, Come All, To The
Apr 10, 2014

greatest job of them all - You can be an MT here for a whopping........WAIT FOR IT........0.05 CPL!!!!!!!  Plus you can pay your own taxes and never get a paid vacation!!!  Just when you think you've seen it all.  Let's not all trample each other lining up to apply.  Please - can we all realize we're better than this and deserve better than this and not apply to these places that low ball us like this?!!??!  I think these companies will keep just seeing ho ...

Dictate Express
Apr 26, 2014

Has anyone been hired by or worked for Dictate Express in Solana Beach, California?  I checked with BBB and they have no record of them.  Got email I was hired.  I have been scammed once this month and do not need another.  Please help???? Signed numbtypist ...

Express Scribe/Dictate
Feb 18, 2013

I have a doctor interested in me typing up his dictation and is also interested in purchasing software to do this.  I found Express Scribe/Dictate on the internet and he seems happy about the software.  I am a little confused since the company is in Australia and do not want to lead him down the wrong road.  I am wondering if there are any problems with Express Scribe, or if one would have to end up purchasing other equipment to go with it in order to use it, like a microphone, sp ...

Dictate Express - Any Info?
Dec 20, 2013

Has anybody heard of this company and know anything about it? ...

Seeking Info On Dictate Express
Aug 16, 2014

I would like to apply to this company, but have been so burned in the past that I would appreciate any info anyone would care to share.  I am most interested in whether they use straight transcription, whether they hire part time, but any thoughts on this company would be very much appreciated.  ...

Express Dictate Being Gurgly/garbled
Mar 19, 2015

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems like this using Express Scribe?  It just started Thursday and I don't know why.  No new programs or anything changed.  BUt I open the voice file and it almost sounds underwater or gurgly...I have to backspace to listen to it over....it isn't the entire recording just parts.  The reason I am wondering if it is the Express scribe is because another girl that gets the voice files is not having any issues, the dictations ar ...

Newer Version Users Of Dial Dictate And Express Delegate HELP PLEASE
Apr 16, 2015

I am wondering if anyone uses these formats for their dictators.  I have Dial Dictate in my computer, the docs dictate and then through Outlook Express it is made into voice file and sent via email for transcription.  BUT I have a pretty old system, like 10 years.  I would like information on the newer version that is out that doesn't require phone lines into the computer.  According to BEST BUY you can't even buy computers with phone modems in them, let alone with ...

Clarification Please
Mar 03, 2010

If there are corp spies on here, could you please explain to us the math?  Obviously nobody understands it and there is a lot at stake here.  Do you sleep well at night, picturing all those posting here about crying, not being able to pay bills, losing 2/3 pay, etc.  Do you really feel good collecting your salary when you read all this?  Do you really believe the corporate propaganda about how this is a good thing?  Try walking in our shoes for a while.  Start out y ...

Clarification
Jul 21, 2010

"The cystic duct was "probed patent" or "probe patent" Also, when typing numbers to specify digits, it is  2nd metatarsal or second metatarsal. Thanks for any and all responses. ...

Need Clarification
Feb 04, 2011

After a 5-year break from being an MT, I am working for a small MTSO as an editor.  I am trying to implement some quality standards for consistency.  I need clarification of a few items to make sure they haven't changed in the last few years. 12 o'clock - regarding position still accurate? Need guidance on numbers - numerals in dosages, measurements and ages - has that changed?   Thanks! ...

Help! Need MME Clarification
May 07, 2012

I try to make corrections according to MME feedback, which sometimes is conflicting and makes me nuts.  I have a question about diagnoses/impressions.  I know dictated abbreviations should be expanded.  Dictated:  CAD with PCI and CABG. Transcribed:  Coronary artery disease with PCI and CABG. Corrected:  Coronary artery disease with percutaneous coronary intervention and coronary artery bypass grafting. PCI and CABG are not diagnoses, but procedures, so why woul ...

Clarification Of QC%
Dec 23, 2014

Has anyone else had a very high QC% these last two weeks? Mine has been off the chart, as in, higher than it's ever been and not matching what I'm actually sending to QC myself.  It also doesn't match what's in FIESA (which would also include files that go to QC automatically). Anyone else have this issue?  I asked my TSM and she said, "The percentages come straight from FIESA and what's being reviewed."  As in, avoided the question.  With them back ...

Clarification On Thyroidisms
Nov 02, 2009

am new to diabetes and just want to clarify that Hashimoto's is only hypothyroidism and Graves is only hyperthroidism.    Thanks ...

A Great Clarification Of Buy-Out
Feb 04, 2010

Please see the following article from - I think - Business Week, regarding the buy-out of Spheris.  I think it should make us all breathe a little easier.  It seems to clarify that there are 2 separate worlds, and that MQ intends to keep its U.S.-based transcription entirely separate from CBay's India-based transcription: Spheris, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in a Delaware court on Wednesday, already has two buyers lined up for the privately owned company: MedQuist Inc. ...

Anyone Get Clarification On The 3 Cents? Sm
Mar 09, 2010

anyone get clarification on the 3 cents a line we will be getting for ALL reports over 10% and later 5% or just 3 cents less a line for only the reports that get sent to QA?  Anyone know? ...

Need Clarification Regarding Capitalization
May 18, 2010

Which is the correct way to capitalize this? Johnson Memorial Hospital Emergency Department or Johnson Memorial emergency department.   Thanks! ...

Need Clarification On Rules For Sending Cc's.. Sm
May 11, 2010

Okay, I got a ding today from my extremely sweet and helpful QATL.  It seems I did not send as a cc a requesting physician dictated.  I looked at the report and I did enter the requesting physician in the ADT and the body of the report.  I thought if they did not specifically request a cc be sent, then you did not.   Am I wrong?   Old dog needs help.  Also, I thought if the Req Physician was in the ADT it automatically received a carbon copy..  Hmmm.. ...

Nitrate/nitrite Clarification
Jan 29, 2011

Does nitrate refer to urine and nitrite to cardiac or is it the other way around?     ...

Clarification - Procedure Codes
Sep 18, 2011

Can anyone clariify a procedure code for me.  What is the difference between 99.10 - infusion/injection of thrombolytic agent and 36.04 - intracoronary artery thrombolytic infusion   I have researched this all day and cannot find an answer.  Does 36.04 which states direct injection mean open surgery (CABG)?  I cannot find anything that tells me the difference.  Thanks in advance.  CathyCoder ...

Steroid Injection Clarification
Jan 17, 2014

I have an orthopedist testifying re an subacromial steroid injection for bursitis. He says, "I need a 43 and 3," in re to the shot itself. I can't find anything on this. I am only guessing that 43 is a milligram or dose, and 3 might be the size of the needle? I don't know how to write this. Does anyone know? Thanks! ...

TT/IMEDX Office365 Clarification
Mar 04, 2015

Hey, got an e-mail back from IT. Those of us who are ".net" just have to worry about having the correct browser. Whew!!  ...

Town Hall Meeting Clarification
Aug 20, 2013

Blah! Blah! Blah! Please clarify something that stood out for me.  ". . . beginning of 2012 pay rates increased 6.6% and beginning 2013, 3.4%." For who?  Surely, not for me.  My pay has decreased substantially in the the last 3 years with more time spent editing each day. HMMMMM.   ...

How Will YOU Dictate?
Feb 03, 2010

I see a lot of MTs returning to school and often in the medical profession.  Since the industry seems hell-bent on having all the transcription done in India, will that influence how you nurses and psychologist dictate when it is your turn to dictate, or will you be so relieved to be through with this tragedy that you won't even think about it?  Just wondering.  ...

New # For DICTATE
Nov 04, 2010

Just tried calling DICTATE (1-800-342-8283) to report outage and got message that the number has been changed, or no longer working...  Used it yesterday, but who knows any more....  Anyone have another number for DICTATE?  At least with these posts they can't tell me that i am the only one...  Getting so tired of hearing that.  ...

Cc Or ML, If They Dictate Cc....
Jan 20, 2011

I was always told to change it to mL.  ????? ...

I Dictate
Nov 17, 2014

Has anyone worked with or know anything about IDictate? Possibly losing current position so I am looking for something just in case. ...

I Just Love It When They Dictate...
Mar 27, 2010

...in the middle of an airport runway.  At least it sounds like that.  It's especially so lovely with ASR, picking up as it does every random conversation in the area. ...

Where Do Doctors Dictate?
Oct 13, 2011

Ok, I'm curious, but can doctos do their dictations anywhere? A lot of times, I hear a bunch of doctors in like some sort of dictation room. You can hear other doctors doing dications. I just picture a bunch of people in white coats sitting at a desk talking into a phone. lol. Other times it sounds like they're in an emergency room while an emergency is going on. People are asking for things, things are clanging around. Sometimes it sounds like they're in their own home. Had an ...

Is It Just Me Or Is This The New Way To Dictate Dates?
May 16, 2013

More and more frequently, I am getting dictators who say, "the patient underwent the procedure IN 04/11/12" or "the patient underwent the procedure ON April 2012."  It's just a little thing that's kind of annoying because you have to change the IN to ON and vice versa, but it's happening so often, I'm wondering if that's now an acceptable way to say it and I'm just not in the know.  Anyone else get this? ...

Learning To Dictate The RIGHT WAY?
Jun 04, 2013

I am an experienced nurse practitioner with seven years of experience. Now that I am working in an acute care environment, I am required to dictact all of my consultations. I have a template from which I am dictating. But from the results of my transcriptions, I could use some help from medical transcriptionists on how to dictate the RIGHT WAY. Of course, I was never taught how to dictate. I was taught how to use the telephone to dictate, but I was never taught the right way to dictate clearly ...