A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I can't delete a document in Word - Linda

Posted: Aug 12, 2011

I wrote a letter to my boss, and now every time I open Word, the letter appears. I never saved it. I tried erasing it and saving it as a blank document, but nothing works. It still keeps popping up. I restarted my computer but still. In order to type a new document, I have to erase the letter and type what I need and save it as something else. Please help! It's driving me insane!

It sounds like it is saved - as your normal doc?

[ In Reply To ..]
Try saving a blank document as your normal??

Similar Messages:

Life After Nuance, And PLEASE Remember DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, COVER YOUR A$$
Jun 20, 2014

Other than the stress from worrying about money,I can not believe how good it feels to have the giant elephant of stress off of my back. I just had an interview with the people from unemployment. Of course, I think Nuance is trying to fight me getting anything. Thank God my husband was very supportive and saw how Nuance and FIESA were eating me from the inside out! I have been filling out applications and have been on only one interview so far. PLEASE, PLEASE, Don't be foolish like m ...

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

Word 2003 - Problem With Delete Key
Nov 25, 2009

Every so often when I press the delete key, it zooms through the report and deletes every character past where the cursor was located.  Once everything is gone, the hour glass keeps flashing, the cursor no longer works, and I have to shut down the program and lose all of the material deleted.  I have lost entire reports when going back to the beginning and trying to edit something.  Any ideas on how I can stop this from happening? ...

Please! Document That Is Word Based?
May 13, 2013

We got notice that we cannot use a document that is word based with the platform we use. I hate to appear that I have no sense at all but I do not have a clue what is meant by document that is word based. Is that Facebook, Yahoo, Google? I need some assistance. Thanks so much! ...

How Do You Toggle Between Word Document And Notepad
May 21, 2012

I have to type the stupid job, req @, id etc in word off the DVI, then I have to enter the same stuff into Meditech and keep losing the notepad and keep having to click back on it to type in the doctor id and time.... there has got to be an easier way to keep the notepad or something on the screen so I look at it while I'm entering the information. ...

If You Delete Word By Word (ctl-del) In 6.1, Do You
Sep 11, 2010

still get a skip maker?  I noticed I do that a lot more than highlighting and deleting unless it is a big gob of text. I'm halfway through the training videos and not at all impressed.  No MT could have had any input into all their new "convenient" features. ...

Well I Just Checked A Report Against Microsoft Word Document Sm
Sep 06, 2010

and always MQ gave us more even just a little more in line count.  My line count was less than what it was in Microsoft.  So we are not getting paid for something.  Need to get out of this company and fast! ...

How Do You Change/save Settings For The Default Document That Opens In Word 7?
Mar 14, 2010

I just installed MS Word 2007 & (an upgrade from 2002). I want the default document to be in a particular color & I can't seem to get it to work. I know I can just change the Page Color in Print Layout once the document opens but I want it to be my default color for every document & not have to make that change each time I open a new document. I have tried everything I can think of & I know it shouldn't be this difficult (& very well may not ...

ExEditor Won't Delete - Can't Work Until I Can Delete.
Nov 13, 2012

I have ExEditor (v 7.5) on my PC from a job I had 3 years ago. Nuance installed it but won't uninstall it because I don't have a service contract. I need this OFF my PC so I can install another version from another client and can't work until I can accomplish this. Error Mssg ("CAN'T READ FROM SOURCE FILE OR DISK") when trying following: Using Control Panel Add/Delete Program: Won't delete. Deleting individual files: Won't delete. Renaming f ...

How Do You Delete A Post?
Sep 26, 2010

Used to be able to do it, but now when clicking "edit/delete post" under "options", it only allows you to edit instead of delete. Thanks! ...

HOW DO I DELETE A QA NOTE IN DQS?
Jul 21, 2011

I have been trying to delete a QA note that I initially inserted, but at the last minute I figured out what the mush-mouthed dictator was saying.  I CANNOT take out the marker or note!  Is there a way to do this, or do I have to send it to dreaded QA?  ...

If I Delete A Post
Feb 10, 2013

does it delete the entire thread with replies, or just my OP?  ...

Why Cant I Delete My Posted Messages
Jun 28, 2010

Just wondering. ...

TO THE MODERATORS - Why Can't I Delete Messages?
Sep 05, 2010

Edit/Delete only lets me edit, and even then it won't accept my password.  I use the same one every time.  Thanks. ...

HOW DO YOU DELETE ENTRY FROM DICTIONARY
Nov 02, 2010

Does anyone know how to delete entries from user dictionary?  Thanks in advance ...

Nevermind. Got It - Can't Seem To Delete This Post Tho
Jan 06, 2011

This doctor of mine is mumbling.  He says, "The nipple was set at 20 cm from the clavicle and" what sounds something like "deep framberg line"???    Ugh.  He said inframmary line.  I tried to delete post but it wouldn't let me. Sorry ...

How To Delete Tape Using A Dictaphone
May 04, 2011

hey guys, does anyone know how to delete a tape on a dictaphone machine, I've a big one that i havent used in a while (years).... and i forgot how to erase finished tapes. any help TIA ...

Delete Trigger Happy
Feb 24, 2013

Where'd the posts go?? Is it because the poster was from India? Not talking about the racist post, but the one by "David Kenneth" or something like that. Just curious why it's gone. ...

On Google Chrome, Is There A Way To Automatically Delete
Feb 04, 2010

nm ...

Okay, This Is Getting Ridiculous. Who Can Delete Messages Besides The Moderator?
Jun 26, 2010

I posted twice on this board asking specific questions. Both were deleted. Why? I recieved no message from the moderator, so what's going on? Can anyone answer? ...

I Hope Those Of You Who Delete Skip Markers
Sep 10, 2010

Just a thought.  I'd rather not have ASR learn too much.  If it gets too good, I'm out of work (more than usual anyway). ...

Why Did This Give Me The Option To Edit Or Delete
Jan 27, 2011

not delete it?  am I blind is there a delete button somewhere? ...

Is It Possible To Delete A Punch From The Time Card
May 23, 2015

Brain fart, automatically signed on instead of approving my time card..dont want to bother time person with it.. ...

With E-scription, How Do I Delete An Entry In The Date Field
Dec 23, 2009

nm ...

2 Problems- S/l Exportation And Woud You Delete A Repeated Item?
Dec 11, 2009

In particular, although she is frequently in a wheelchair, saying she cannot walk, with exportation her gait if fairly narrow-based, reflexes are symmetric, there is no long-tract sign, and gait is fairly narrow-based.   s/l exportation, although the only reference I see is to the exporting of goods. ...

S/l Infradisk But Can't Document - Can Someone Help? Thanks!
Oct 26, 2010

nm ...

Can't Document - Flomag 71.5 Mg
Jan 11, 2011

x ...

How To Cut And Paste With Same Font As The Document?
Nov 02, 2009

Occasionally, I cut and paste an address of a physician into a letter document, and it pastes with a different font than my letter. I have to highlight that portion and change whatever I pasted in my document to the correct font. Is there a way to make that faster? Slows me down. TIA - Janet ...

Bartolotti Syndrome? Is That Right? Cannot Document. Nm
Dec 17, 2009

nm ...

Integrated Document Solutions (IDS)
Jan 27, 2011

Anyone with "current" information on Integrated Document Solutions (IDS) Fort Lauderdale and transcription?  Pay, types of accounts, employee or IT and do they ship work out or strictly US transcription. Also, VR or straight transcriptions and % ESL.  All info on board archives is outdated. ...