A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help Please!!! Called MQ techs and I asked for - Kiki

Posted: Oct 13, 2011

help copying my shorthand files made in DQS onto a flash drive.  He said we can't do that.  I know a while back someone posted on her the specific directions to do this.  I KNEW I should have saved those instructions! 

Did MQ sabotage us being able to do that anymore?  Or is the tech full of crap?  I hope someone here can post the directions to do that.  This is the one thing that is making me hesitate to get out of MQ--the thought of having to redo 12 years' worth of shorthand entries.  Thanks in Advance!!

Was told the same thing today too! - quitting

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told the same thing today, too. I work in Cornerstone. I told them I wanted to back them up to a thumb drive just in case. Was told I could back them up to the server. When I asked what if I wanted to save them to a thumb drive to have if I moved to another company, I was told we weren't allowed to do that because technically it's not our property, it's MQs. When I plug my thumb drive into my computer it won't even let me open the thumb drive to save anything to it. I think they've rigged their machines so we can't save our Shorthand, etc. I would love some help on this too, tomorrow is my last day with MQ. Don't want to lose 8-1/2 years' worth of macros.

I was able to back up my shorthand while working ... - paisley

[ In Reply To ..]
for Medquist on a thumbdrive which I did periodically without difficulty and was able to print them all out as well. However, when I went to another company, they were not compatible...as it turned out, they were not compatible with any other company's software. Even went to the Geek Squad and they verified that. So, I had to start all over and what a pain.

Yes, they did sabotage it. MQ has encrypted - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
the file so you cannot access (or even find) them on the computer. I have been around and around with MQ on this issue as I used to back up my expansions routinely onto a thumb drive. They told me it was a HIPAA thing. What really sucks is now I cannot take them with me when I get another job!!! and that may be why they did this. At least I have some on a flash drive.

If anyone knows a geek who can figure out how to get to this file on the computer, please post here how to do it.

Last week I had this problem - ke

[ In Reply To ..]
I was able to save the files individually to the desktop and emailed them to myself via hotmail. I then opened them in my SH on the other computer and it worked beautifully! I hope this helps!

I have done something similar - also

[ In Reply To ..]
If there is a problem sending the file (I cannot remember for sure) but I recall saving files as a *.txt file to send. You have to use some conversion features, it took a couple of tries, but it worked.

I just tried this to verify it works - So do this

[ In Reply To ..]
1. Save the file (.SPF file) to your desktop.

2. Send this file to yourself in an e-mail as an attachment.

3. Go to the other computer.

4. Download the attachment, and save the SPF file to your Sh10 file (should be located in C:/Program Files/Sh10.

4. Open up your PC Shorthand, and choose the new SPF file as your main dictionary.

It worked for me! Let me know if I can help you any further.

If you haven't installed PC Shorthand on the other PC, then there are more steps. You can find those steps on the PC Shorthand website. Good luck!

They hide the drive - here's how to get around - quitting

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone told me they hide the drive, if you plug in your flash drive and it doesn't show up for you like it did me. Plug in your flash drive, go to Start - Run - select e: and then OK. I did this and then I could finally see my flash drive. I was then able to save my SH dictionary.SPF file from the C drive to my flash drive. I was really starting to freak out that I wasn't going to be able to take all my macros with me when I quit MQ, but now I can and I feel SO MUCH better! I hope this helps any of you trying to save your SH files too. Good luck!

Thanks! That worked too! - NCMT - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Similar Messages:

[Techs] S/l Word Help Please
Jul 07, 2011

The plan is to potentially have the patient undergo an ultrasound guide tattooing procedure that would help localize this AV fistula so that the [techs] could access it.    Would techs make sense here? ...

S/L EMCET Was Called; Patient Was In PEA. MSET? M CET? Team Was Called
Oct 02, 2012

xx ...

Has Anyone's Computer Crashed After Techs From
Aug 20, 2010

I granted access for remote trouble shooting, and found they were doing something to my system directory, I aborted the remote and decided to try and restore my computer back using System Restore, now my file system is damaged and I have lost everything.  Needless to say, I don't have all the disks to the various transcription utilities I need to help me do my job better, Word 2007, Spell Check, ShortHand, all my various personal and work-related files.  How did you start over? ...

Did Mmodal Hire Fired Obamacare Techs For Fluency?
Feb 25, 2014

Down up down up, can't upload, try again. Not able to search. Seriously getting frustrating. ...

This Has Probably Been Asked Before, But...
Jun 19, 2013

What would you do if you worked for Nuance and was offered a job to start immediately with another company?  Would you have to give 2 weeks' notice and possible lose the job offer? ...

Been Asked To Tier Up
Feb 25, 2010

Good? Bad? Should I run screaming for the hills? ...

I Am Sure That This Question Has Been Asked But .... (sm)
Aug 02, 2010

I am looking to buy a new computer and cannot decide between a desktop or a laptop.  Which do you prefer and why?  I love the idea of not being confined to my desk with the laptop but afraid that it will not "hold up" like a desktop in the long run. Thanks so much for your replies! ...

Below I Asked A Question About What
Sep 23, 2010

Max House or Health PFC KA system for a knee replacement.  In case anyone is interested, the QA response was MAX-HEALTH PS TKA system.  However, I tried to verify this for myself on google, but I could not.  QA must have a better reference library than I do.  FYI. ...

Has It Become A Given That We Are Asked To Work OT W/o OT Pay?
Nov 10, 2010

Evidently it is an unwritten rule at my company that when you are asked to work hours outside of your shift, or over 40 hours, it is a given that you are to do so with no extra pay.  Should I bring it up?  Am I the only one? We all work 40 hours on my account, some nights, and some weekends.  Always have.  Now the AM is e mailing on the weekend asking us to get on there and get caught up.  Extra money is never mentioned - never paid, although if more than 40 hours is on ...

Someone Asked Me If There Is Work Out There
Dec 08, 2011

I ran into a former co-worker.  She asked what I was doing and I told her I am doing medical transcription from home.  She said her daughter is taking an online course in MT but it is slow going.  She asked me a few questions about the field.  Mainly she wanted to know if there is work out there.  I didn't want to be negative so I said yes, there's work out there, even though in my heart I know her daughter is going to have a tough time getting work.  At l ...

I Am Curious If Anyone Who Has Asked Has Ever
Sep 02, 2012

received a response as to why they were not given a job or even given the chance to test.  I never have.  ...

TSM Asked Why I Have No Hours!! Really??
Mar 05, 2013

I asked her if I was supposed to pull work out of the air??  I was so angry!! Are these people clueless or just stupid? I asked her if she thinks I like making no money and why would I show up every day that I am supposed to and do nothing?? I told her that I knew what the company was trying to do and that I Would Not Quit, so they had better find another reason to get rid of me. I asked her if she knew of this website and that the MModal MTs actually "do" talk to each other and we know wha ...

An MT Asked That Question?
Apr 17, 2013

Show me one MT who cares about this. ...

WTH Asked This Question?
Apr 17, 2013

It's one step up from How's the Baby? ...

Update--You Asked For It!
Nov 01, 2013

A few weeks ago I stopped in here to tell you all good-bye. I had found a new position doing psychiatric transcription and I was taking the leap. At that time, a few of you asked me if I could tell you where I was going and I didn't feel I could at that point. I have now been with Saince, Inc and I can tell you without a doubt I made the right choice for me. The training was actually "hands-on." The trainer explained and showed us how to do something and then he turned his computer ove ...

Has Anyone Asked Their TSM To Move Them To Another BOB?
Feb 23, 2014

How did this go ... did your TSM take it personally or is it strictly business?  My BOB is constantly, constantly out of work.  If I stay put in this BOB I will go under, but I also don't want to target myself or get in the radar as being disloyal or a "ship-jumper".  Can anyone share their experience with this, and how the conversation went down with their TSM?  ...

Since Most Were So Nice The Other Day When I Asked
Apr 12, 2014

about Synernet and steps to do things, I want to ask something else.  I keep losing autocorrects!  I saw the note about exit Fusion last and I try to make sure I do that, but I am still losing them.  I have not exited Fusion since adding Tessalon Perles, yet it was not there when I tried to put it in just now.  Is there another trick to keeping them? ...

I Am Sure This Has Been Asked Before But Is Anyone Currently Working For
Sep 12, 2014

Inscribe as an IC and what is your opinion of them. ...

I Know I Asked This Before But I Do See Some Lag In The Up And Download Every Now And Then And Am
Mar 20, 2015

wondering if others have noticed this at all lately. It isnt bad but just moreso than before for me anyway.  I know it isnt my computer because I use my own computer so it is the system.    ...

Anybody Been Asked To Resign??
Jun 07, 2015

i just ignored it for now but are they crazy, asking us to resign vs firing us? i wouldnt give them the satisfaction, they will have to kick me out if i am suddenly such a rotten MT. feels like an SNL Seth & Amy segment of "Oh really?" Really. ...

How Do You Feel About Being Asked To Tattle (sm)
Nov 25, 2009

We have a problem on our team with MTs cherry picking *gasp* - I've never worked anywhere where that wasn't a problem. Anyway, I agree it's a problem, and on more than a few occasions I have had to grit my teeth as I work through bad dictator after bad dictator because everyone else on the team seems to have disappeared waiting for the crappy reports to be done. This week an email was sent out asking us all to take screen shots of the queue when we think this is happening, and se ...

When Applying For Job, Is The First Question You Are Asked Are You
Dec 07, 2009

Someone in post stating was trying to be certified but seems to me most want experience rather than certification. Which one most applies? ...

I Was Just Asked The Question To Top All Questions I Can Think Of
Jan 19, 2010

There was a discussion going on below about the cost of transcribing and a person asked me if I would like my own medical record to be transcribed if a person only making 4 cents a line transcribing my own medical records. I cannot believe that question. I do both VR and regular typing on my account. I do both equally well. i read every word in VR. I listen and type every word in regular. For anyone to even suggest because a person is paid to do this type of work for less than you would do ...

I Met A Man And His Wife Today. They Asked Me What I Did For
Apr 10, 2010

a living.  When I told them medical transcription, the man said he owned a court reporting business, and he could set me up with Indian transcriptionists.  I could e-mail them my work, and they would sent back letter perfect reports.  They charge a much cheaper rate, and I could keep the difference.  After I wiped up the mess from spitting out my Coke, I politely informed him that I did not believe in offshoring.  ...

Liability Insurance - Have You Been Asked
Oct 07, 2010

Has anyone been asked to purchase liabillity insurance for themselves as an IC.  If so, how much does it cost.  I was interviewed for an IC position, they said they had insurance, but I would also have to purchase liability insurance.  I have never done worked as an IC before so I could use some tips. ...

Just Curious. How Many OTIers Have Asked To Be Taken Off ASR?
Mar 15, 2011

d ...

Ive Asked My QA Lead And My CCM With No Answer
Feb 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me where I send the constant errors on the same exact thing from ASR to so that they can fix it??? Please ...

If An Employer Interviewing You Asked For Your
Mar 25, 2012

This story has been popping up in the news lately, and I find it very distressing!  How low will a company stoop to find a way to practice hiring discrimination?  Imagine yourself interviewing in an office or on the phone, and they ask if you use Facebook, Twitter, etc., and request you to hand over your password!  Would you do it?  I sure hope not!  Most likely I would lose my cool and laugh in their faces, but still no way would I ever do that.  WHAT an invasion ...

I Am So Glad That I Asked My Question About
Oct 08, 2012

suing on a board that is NOT anonymous and full of PROFESSIONAL people.  I know now that the rude and stupid responses I got were...well...stupid! lol!!  come on people! ...

Acusis Has Asked Me To Test For Them
Jan 31, 2013

Acusis has asked me to test for them.  I see they have headquarters in India and the US. Is anyone currently working for them, if so, how is it.   ...