A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did Mmodal hire fired Obamacare techs for Fluency? - just saying

Posted: Feb 25, 2014

Down up down up, can't upload, try again. Not able to search. Seriously getting frustrating.

They're rebooting the server - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure how long that takes.

Hopefully a few hours until my shift ends ;) - Nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

Another Experienced MT Fired From MModal
Feb 27, 2014

Sixteen years through various company takeovers, valued myself as extremely proficient, kept to the background, did my part in the team effort w/extra hours worked through countless holidays (what's a holiday?), parent illnesses, death, children's college, spousal layoffs, etc.  Watched in horror as my career was shredded with more and more condescending nonsense from QA to "classes," redundant pep rally conference calls, all leading to an after-shift (oh yes, I worked yesterday) ...

MModal Was Advertising To Hire PT MTs
Aug 17, 2013

As of 08/09/2013, so how can they say the position has been eliminated?  I took screen shots of the post for my attorney, so even if they take it down I have proof.  it's on a prominant board for MTs looking for jobs.  Not allowed to link here, but it shouldn't be too hard to find for a bunch of smart ladies like you guys.   Thank you to the MT who showed it to me! ...

Fluency W/ Mmodal
Nov 13, 2013

Can someone explain to me what Fluency is?   I am with Mmodal and using Cornerstone platform trans/editing radiology.  All of our good accounts are disappearing and when I ask where they went I am told another team has them now.  Is Cornerstone being phased out in favor of Fluency.   More concerning, are all Cornerstone trans/edits being phased out of a job?   I would really appreciate any insight. ...

MMODAL FLUENCY
Dec 18, 2013

We use Fluence MModal equipment in out pathology department. Does anyone know the difference between "Dictate in Progress" and "dictate open?" ...

In Mmodal's Fluency, When You
Jun 12, 2014

control arrow over, the cursor goes to the beginning of the word.  In eScription, it goes to the end of the word, making it much more convenient to add commas or periods, etc.  Is there any way to manually change that setting outselves?  It's so much more time consuming this way. ...

Does Mmodal's Fluency Work With Windows 7 64-bit Now?
Dec 05, 2013

x ...

Changing Fonts In MModal Fluency For Transc Editor
Apr 23, 2013

Does anyone remember how to change the font when working in MModal Fluency for Transc Editor?  I can't find it anywhere.  Thanks in advance. ...

Fluency Direct Quote On MModal Facebook Page
Jul 18, 2013

I use Fluency Direct while I talk with patients in the exam rooms. I talk to the patients and dictate right into the system. A lot of patients think it is kind of cool that the software is doing the dictation. When I walk out of the room, my chart is kind of done." KIND OF???????? ugh ...

[Techs] S/l Word Help Please
Jul 07, 2011

The plan is to potentially have the patient undergo an ultrasound guide tattooing procedure that would help localize this AV fistula so that the [techs] could access it.    Would techs make sense here? ...

Has Anyone's Computer Crashed After Techs From
Aug 20, 2010

I granted access for remote trouble shooting, and found they were doing something to my system directory, I aborted the remote and decided to try and restore my computer back using System Restore, now my file system is damaged and I have lost everything.  Needless to say, I don't have all the disks to the various transcription utilities I need to help me do my job better, Word 2007, Spell Check, ShortHand, all my various personal and work-related files.  How did you start over? ...

Help Please!!! Called MQ Techs And I Asked For
Oct 13, 2011

help copying my shorthand files made in DQS onto a flash drive.  He said we can't do that.  I know a while back someone posted on her the specific directions to do this.  I KNEW I should have saved those instructions!  Did MQ sabotage us being able to do that anymore?  Or is the tech full of crap?  I hope someone here can post the directions to do that.  This is the one thing that is making me hesitate to get out of MQ--the thought of having to redo 12 ye ...

Obamacare
May 18, 2015

Has anyone been able to make any sense of Obamacare as a replacement for the lovely Nuance BCBS health insurance?  Can we qualify for Obamacare if we QUIT our job at Nuance?  I am hoping that falls into some sort of special enrollment period.  Thanks and BEST OF LUCK to all you special, highly talented QCEs and MLSs.  ...

What Happens When Obamacare Starts In 2014?
Apr 02, 2011

I was wondering what my fellow MTs think is going to happen starting 2014 when Obamacare kicks in.  I had read an article in the NY Post a while back that 74% of MDs surveyed plan to work part time, retire from medicine, or go in a new direction careerwise.  Do you think we'll see a decrease in work available, even SR editing work?  Do you think that if a great amount of MDs cut back or retire from medicine that would cause our profession to lessen in demand? ...

Is Obamacare Going To Affect Coding In A Negative Way? Nm
Jan 12, 2015

x ...

Nuance Health Ins Versus Obamacare
Feb 11, 2015

May be a silly question, but can't seem to get an answer. Can we cancel health benefits with Nuance at any time? Or is it only once a year? Can we drop it and get Obamacare instead? From what I have heard from friends, I would have much better coverage going with Obamacare instead of Nuance. ...

Your Opinions, Please, On Passage Of Obamacare By The Supreme Court!!
Jun 28, 2012

Will MTs become dinosaurs?  Will everything be point-and-click by the doctors and traditional dictation become a thing of the past?  I've been using IntraScript for my doctors' dictation for many years now.  Will these types of digital platforms become obsolete? I admit I'm worried.  I'm the sole support of my family. All opinions are appreciated, and I look forward to reading each one.... ...

Got Fired From The Q - Ha Ha
Feb 24, 2010

Well, I was officially fired yesterday.  Up until last summer, I was one of their top producers, never having an accuracy problem.  The reason I got fired?  I got sick. Early last summer, I let a UTI go for 10 days (lived off Rx strength OTC Pyridium) until I was severely septic and urinating almost pure blood and clots.  I also had a kidney infection, kidney stones and bladder stones.  Thought it was over.  IIRC, the urinary organism was proteus mirabilis.  I ...

Getting Fired
Apr 01, 2010

Isn't it odd that being fired from MQ isn't a disgrace?  Being fired from any other place would be total humiliation, but I don't think anybody here would ever look down on another MT who was let go.  MQ doesn't discriminate.  They justly fire bad MTs, but they also fire good MTs who are stuck with crummy accounts, accounts that constantly have NJA, and probably a ton of reasons that are beyond our control.  ...

Fired
Apr 28, 2010

I was hired by company initials "P" under the conditions that my computer meet their specifications.  I was told my computer met their specification and then offered employment.  I accepted. Their technicians worked on my computer for 2 weeks straight and installed faulty software, and then I was told my system would not meet their specifications and I needed to have my computer XP deleted and reinstalled or buy a new computer.  I had my computer checked out and was told my c ...

I Don't Really Want To Get Fired From Q
Dec 08, 2010

it really wouldn't be such a bad thing ...

I Was Fired
Jun 14, 2011

I was fired. I started with Medquist in 1998. They fired me in 1997. I was hired and Spheris and became a Medquist employee after they bought Spheris. I was fired again today. I just hope Medquist eventually stabilizes and the employees are happy again. I hope I find something suitable for me. I wish the best for all. It's been one hell of a bumpy and uneven ride. Bon voyage to me!!! ...

Getting Fired??
May 05, 2012

If you have had a written warning on 3/31 and I am going to assume after a failing audit score on 1 report I did, is firing next?? Really can use input regarding this and unemployment, or really anything you can think of? ...

Getting Fired....
Jun 28, 2012

this may sound stupid, but how does one go about getting fired from this God-awful company?...i sit here in tears daily, and can't look for another job because i am tied to this desk 14 hours a day and not even making minimum wage...i want to be able to collect unemployment for just a few weeks until i can find a real company to work for... ...

When You Get Fired
Nov 04, 2012

does mmodal pay unused acrued pto. when do they pay you for work performed before being fired? ...

How To Get Fired
Jun 12, 2013

Has anyone been fired and able to draw unemployment from this ridiculous company? I just can't take it anymore, want to quit, but think if I can somehow draw unemployment that would be great for me. If I do not show up to work will I be let go? I know this seems ridiculous to be asking, but hey, these large do-not-care-a-bit-about-you companies bring out the worst in some of us.  This one is definitely the worse company I have ever worked for, and it shames me to have to work ...

How To Get Fired?
Apr 02, 2014

Does anyone know what would be grounds for getting fired by Nuance? ...

Just Got Fired
Jun 10, 2014

I just wanted to let those who are following my story over the last few weeks that they just fired me. Not sure what I'll do now. ...

Did I Just Get Fired
Feb 26, 2015

in the middle of a Thursday... ...

So I Wonder If I Will Be Fired Or WHAT....just Do It Already Then
Mar 04, 2015

So I've been going back and forth since the beginning of this "safety pay plan" getting around 99.5% to 100% for 2 weeks then falling off the grid at 98% (and once much lower), back on the grid, back off.  I guess one week I'm an excellent MT and the next I totally suck.  I am just so stressed thinking they are going to fire me.  I am sure it would be a blessing in disguise if they did, but I'm not ready yet. I am my sole source of income and I'd mostly likel ...

Fired For Low QA Scores : )
Oct 15, 2009

I am a medical transcriptionist with over 15 years of experience, and I was fired today for low audit scores.  I don't know why I am happy about this.  I guess I am just relieved to get away from a company that picks apart their employees.  What are they going to do when there is no one left?  Ironically, I have worked in many big hospitals and while our reports were reviewed, this would have never happened working in a hospital.  Does anyone know what is happening ...