A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

burn - retained hemostasis and was able to minimize blood loss - aaa

Posted: Aug 09, 2010

s/l This fashion I retained hemostasis and was able to minimize blood loss after deflation of the tourniquet. my question is would i need a comma after what s/l this fashion?

In this fashion, I retained hemostasis - Maybe

[ In Reply To ..]

Could it be:

In this fashion, I retained hemostasis and was able to minimize blood loss after deflation of the tourniquet.

Similar Messages:

No Burn, Scar, Or Depression Loss ??
Nov 25, 2009

nm ...

Patient Has Significant Blood Loss.
Mar 11, 2010

He is being given 6 units of FFP and 5 units of ________ (s/l vitamin k????). ...

Surgery Report: The *conscrec* Blood Loss Estimated Less Than 40 ML. Nm
Feb 05, 2010

Thanks in advance. ...

Escription, Using Vista, Cannot Minimize
Nov 23, 2012

Have a new system and for whatever reason cannot get things to minimize to the usual place, the bar at the bottom of the page (I give up, what do you call it?).  If I bring Google up and want to minimize that and keep, cannot do because if I go back to Google the same material still there.  Used to be with my other XP could minimize all the way across the page and this time not. Any ideas as to how to correct this? TIA ...

Hip Arthroplasty S/l Accent On The Right And Retained Hardware On The Left
Jan 05, 2011

Total hip arthroplasty infection with enterococcus with single-stage s/l accent on the right and retained hardware on the left. ...

Hematogenous Blood Or Hematomatous Blood?
Sep 14, 2012

Sounds like doc says he aspirated hematogenous blood or hematomatous blood. Any ideas? ...

Surgifoam For Hemostasis?
Apr 23, 2010

He dictates: A small amount of Surgifoam was placed for hemostasis.  I can't find it in my dictionary and I googled it and it shows it in all caps and just the s capitalized.  It sounds like this is what he says, but I am not sure if it is all caps or not. Thanks ...

Clip For Hemostasis
Mar 21, 2013

s/l erka ...

Zeg?? Used For Hemostasis In Pocket Of Pacemaker?
Jan 22, 2011

x ...

Osteen For Wound Hemostasis
Jun 17, 2012

Artiss Powder For Hemostasis.
Jul 20, 2013

Anybody heard of Artiss powder for hemostasis in C-section procedure report.   ...

S/l Hypergated Until Sufficient Hemostasis Was Obtained.
Mar 23, 2010

The underlying soft tissue was then s/l hypergated until sufficient hemostasis was obtained. HELP! ...

Hemostasis Agent - New-nate Sheets?
Apr 09, 2010

During an operative procedure, he says to ensure hemostasis, they are placing a few sheets of "New-nate"?  Any ideas?   TIA! ...

Retained S/l "bigara Device" For A ProDisc C TDR
Nov 29, 2011

retained s/l "bigara device" for a ProDisc C TDR ...

Burn Out
Oct 12, 2010

Anyone got any tips on how to avoid burn out? I am fairly new to MT and am getting burned out. Not good, I know since this is what I truely want to do.  I work 7 days a week and maybe that is part of it. Sitting down at my desk to work is becoming harder as I hate to walk in the room. I love what I do and love being home, but sometimes feel like I live in seclusion as I work all the time. Planning weekends has gone out the window. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me? Any helpful ...

Debridement Of Burn
Dec 13, 2010

Hi...  Can't "hear" this at all, even though this question has been posted on here, not sure which form to use.   "Prior to the dressing, the arm was irrigated with s/l pulsatile/pulsar/pulsed  lavage with s/l assistance/system/solution of 3 L of lactated Ringers.   thanks! Barb   ...

Burn Patient
Feb 14, 2011

Is there such a thing as trolley room?  "The patient was seen in the trolley room."  Can't find a reference. ...

Motivation/burn Out!
Jun 07, 2013

How does one stay motivated day in and day out...when the account I have I find very boring (rehab) and not acute care which I love, I am soooo burned out, and unsure of company changes and soon going to be calling this profession the quits as I will be going to school part time in the fall to pursue a career change? Any suggestions, please! ...

Any Ideas How To Get Past Burn Out? Right Now, It's
May 01, 2014

not really feasible to look for another job outside home. I live in a very small town and care for my aging mother who is not in the best of health. Right now I'm really feeling a major period of burn-out with transcription. Most days, I'm ready to throw my hands up and quit, just walk away from it, but then I see my checkbook laying on my desk as a reminder that I can't do that. I'm tired of trying to understand mushmouth practitioners, those who talk at the speed of light, ...

Burn Victim Sl/10 Zanaflex
May 20, 2015

HI Everyone. Transcribing a burn victim. He is saying what sl/10 zanaflex for compression therapy. I can't figure this one out. Could it be tendon reflex for compression therapy? Any Ideas? ...

Solution In Grafting Burn Wound
Feb 01, 2010

left lateral thigh was injected with apx 200 cc of (s/l) "pickent solution" - dfnly not Dakins.  This is for a split thickness autograft on a burn wound.  Anyone heard of something similar? ...

Help! Burn Injury With A S/l Boolay On His Hand.
Apr 21, 2010

n/m ...

Evidence Of Wind Burn On His Face. It Looks Like A
Feb 05, 2011

maculopapular rash but no s/l "erythema induration" and no signs or symptoms of s/l "era-sip-a-lee" or facial cellulitis.  ...

Burn Surgery--*bealdi* Bone??
Sep 29, 2011

The following sentence reads: The further debridement to the distal forearm required excision of ruptured and necrotic distal extensor tendons down to the level of the s/l*bealdi* bone. Not sure what "bealdi" could be and not sure if the word after it is even "bone." What could it be?? Thanks!   ...

BURN - The Arm Was Irrigated With A S/l Pulsar Lavage Assistant
Aug 09, 2010

the arm was irrigated with a s/l pulsar lavage assistant with 3 L of s/l lactating ringers ...

Operative Report Skin Grafts From Burn
Feb 07, 2011

Transcribing Operative Report (Burns, skin grafts from thigh) The tourniquet was tested and was found to be working and was placed up at 300 mL of mercury prior to excising__________(sonds like - uraft)and taking the donor skin.   Just can't figure it out....Thanks! I think I have the 300 mL of mercury right..... ...

A Compression Gauze Or Garment For Split Thickness Burn To Foot
Apr 18, 2012

Dr. seems to be dictating,"a single layer of TENSOFLEX." This is being applied over a healing skin graft on the foot. Thanks ...

Not To Count My Loss
Nov 05, 2009

why at the end of every shift do I still bother to calculate my line totals - transcription & VR - when 9 out of 10 times I am only discouraged???  Its not my lack of skill, knowledge , speed or anything I have done that determines this loss.  Why, oh why, do I hang in there.  Maybe for the occasional good day?  The high I get when I can fly through a report of an ESL doctor, because I know better what he is trying to say?  Or maybe its the constant editing with ...

Loss Of Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I may be dense, the rest of you may have figured this out long ago!  Many times I see comments here about people who cannot get enough work.  Well, at my company, if there is a low volume of work and you cannot meet your line count you are placed on part-time status and cannot regain full-time status until you have met your commitment for 90 days.  Yes, you lose your benefits....your health insurance, paid holidays, dental/vision, etc.  Well, heck, look at the money the ...

EMR And Loss Of Contracts
Nov 03, 2010

Does anyone here integrate their transcription into an EMR?   If so, what EMR company is being used?  Looking for a way to keep a company from going down the EMR tubes! Help! thanks... ...