A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Chartnet and windows 8 helpppp - pugsy

Posted: Apr 07, 2014

I have new computer that has windows 8.1 and trying to install chartnet on it with no success.  I'm beyond frustrated.   After the download, there is no chartnet icon on my desktop and i'm getting a error message saying i cant open this in word????  Had no problems at all a few months ago loading chartnet onto windows XP.  Any help would be sooo greatly appreciated as i have not heard from my IT department yet and cannot seem to find any help out on the internet either.  I'm beyond frustrated :(

I use Chartnet but I have Windows 7. It loaded - Windows 7 here

[ In Reply To ..]
just fine. Maybe it has something to do with Windows 8.1. What I always do if I have problems with a downloand is go to control panel, uninstall it and reboot my computer and try to download it again. I know Firefox is a good browser for downloading programs and it is what I use.

I had to..... - run it in.....

[ In Reply To ..]
....Mozilla Firefox.

It could possibly be your version of IE - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
It could be the version of Internet Explorer that is being used. Chartnet may not be designed to run in "higher versions" of IE. What you may need to do is uninstall IE. Go to Control Panel and where you see "Windows Programs," (sorry but I am on Windows 7), see what version of IE is listed. If it is a "higher version, you need to uninstall it and keep reinstalling it until you get to IE 8, 9 or 10. Easy to do and no it will not "harm" your computer.

going to try... - pugsy

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you all, I am going to go try these suggestions and see what happens!!!

Desktop or Live Tiles? - TomQ

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you on the Desktop screen, or the new 'Metro' screen with the live tiles? The ChartNet client icon should be on the desktop, but it won't be visible on the Metro interface.

Your web browser doesn't matter - all you need it for is to download the installer program (Chartnet_Client_5.5.exe) and pretty much any browser will do that.

Which now that I think of it, is probably the problem you're seeing. You've downloaded the installer, but you can't find where it got downloaded to? It's hard to find anything in Windows 8 when you're used to XP!

If you're on the Tiles screen, click the tile called Desktop. In the lower left corner will be a windows icon, where the start menu used to be. Right-click it and open File Explorer. You should see a fairly familiar set of folders, including one called Downloads. Your installer program is most likely in there. Double click it, and ChartNet will install. Worked fine on my Windows 8.1 machine.
After that, you'll have an icon on the desktop, but as I mentioned before it won't be visible from the Metro screen.
Hope that helps.

TOMQ - pugsy

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you sooo much for the info. Apparently my chartnet installed itself on Microsoft word as a manual which is really weird because i'm doing everything the same as when I downloaded it months ago on my XP. I'm going to go try to reload it again and will post back.

You may have to Rus as Administrator. 8.1 - is a piece of work.

[ In Reply To ..]
Right click and run as administrator on the icon and that option will be listed. Reboot once before giving up if that does not work.

Similar Messages:

ChartNet Compatible With Windows 7?
Jun 22, 2012

Hi all.  Is ChartNet compatible with Windows 7? TIA Bee ...

If Chartnet Is Compatible With Windows 8?
Feb 19, 2014

Does anyone know if Chartnet is compatible with windows 8?  I am getting so many winsock and other crazy errors everytime Im working with Chartnet - losing productivity.  I do not get these errors with any other software on my PC.  I use XP right now.  I am willing to purchase a new PC if it seems to be an issue with my PC and Chartnet!  My machine is 10+ years old with some updates, 3 GB ram and it shows 256 MB harddrive even though its a 500.  Processor is 2.0.  I know this is a litt ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...

Copying From Windows XP To Windows 7
Jan 31, 2015

I've done this before with no problems but for some reason I can't figure it out today. . . I want to copy my Stedman's Electronic Dictionary from XP to Win 7. I don't know why I am having problems with this . . . I copied my Stedman's electronic surgical words, abbreviations, etc., about 6 months ago just fine using my thumb drive. I don't have the original discs with me. Any help would be appreciated! ...

ChartNet - Thank You!
May 21, 2010

I posted a couple of weeks ago asking for everyone's input on ChartNet.  Everyone posted positively and, as usual, you were right.  It's a great platform, really easy to learn and VERY MT-friendly.  I also got lucky and the dictators are excellent, too, so the whole experience has been wonderful.  Thanks to all who reassured me and to anyone else wondering, yes, ChartNet is the bomb! ...

If This Is Possible In ChartNet ?
Jul 15, 2011

I have been using ChartNet for a few weeks now.  My training was really brief, so I still have a lot to learn.  With the way we do the headers (cnt-N) and subheaders (cnt-shift-N), there doesn't seem to be any way to paste large sections into the report to include headers and/or subheaders.  I did that a lot in DocQscribe, and it sure did help my line count not to mention my hands and wrists when I could copy and paste large sections into certain reports, especially with things like card ...

ChartNet-sm
Jun 08, 2012

I used ChartNet but have never been formally trained on it.  I feel like I am getting nowhere fast.  Does anyone else use this platform? How do you like it? Formally trained? Any tips? I feel like it is not very MT friendly.  Is it just me? ...

What's Up With Chartnet?
Mar 17, 2014

Why is it that every time Chartnet has an update, things end up worse than before?  Stuff that used to work doesn't work right anymore.  And it doesn't accept 1-letter abbreviations.  My biggest peeve with this is that I have to manually capitalize the word "I" and I didn't have to do that before.  So annoying.  When something works, don't fix it.   I used to love Chartnet but now it's really starting to bug me.  They keep saying they w ...

Chartnet
Jan 08, 2015

I'm looking for a change of company. I'm most familiar with the Chartnet platform. Can anyone recommend a good place that still uses Chartnet? Are there even any out there?   atdhvaannkcse ...

ChartNet?
Feb 11, 2015

Is ChartNet a speech recognition platform? Does it work with high speed satellite internet? Thanks! ...

Companies Using Chartnet
Jan 03, 2010

Aside from SPI, would appreciate knowing what companies use the Chartnet platform.   ...

Chartnet/Escription
Feb 23, 2010

Anyone out there that has used both platforms and has a preference.   Thanks so much. ...

ChartNet Opinions?
Apr 23, 2010

I just accepted a position about which I'm very excited and understand it is through the ChartNet platform.  I've worked on ChartScript but never ChartNet.  Opinions, hints, tips, positives, negatives, or any information welcome.  TIA!!!  ...

Does Keystrokes Use Chartnet?
Apr 29, 2010

I love the Chartnet platform but not the company I work for.  I heard that Keystrokes uses Chartnet and is moving accounts onto it.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Do you know if they are hiring right now?  ...

Does Nuance Or MQ Own ChartNet? If Not, Who Does? Nm
Jun 13, 2010

aa ...

Feedback About Chartnet?
Aug 11, 2010

Can someone give me some feedback about chartnet?  Pros, cons, etc?  Thanks! ...

CHARTNET - Companies That Use It?
Feb 01, 2011

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COMPANIES USE CHARTNET PLATFORM?? WOULD APPRECIATE HAVING THAT INFO VERY MUCH. ...

Chartnet And M-Modal?
Aug 12, 2011

I posted 7-8 posts below asking info about Chartnet.  I am wondering if the Chartnet I am using is the same everyone else is using?  The Chartnet I am using is tied in with M-Modal, but I don't have VR on my account.  The login box actually says  SPEECHMOTION Healthcare Documentation Platform ChartNet Client 4.10.  I am confused, as it doesn't seem very user friendly. ...

Chartnet/Shortand
Feb 07, 2012

Does Shorthand work with chartnet?  Couldn't find the answer in the archives.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Have Any Experience With Chartnet?
May 08, 2012

Anyone have any experience with Chartnet? Yesterday, I tore my hair out trying to get it installed. I am wondering if it is compatible with Windows 7. I was trying to install the 4.0 version and still have not got it installed. Any tips out there? ...

Chartnet Download
May 12, 2012

Just wondering if anyone has ever had problems with Chartnet, every time I try to log in it gives me an error message stating error loading voice client class not registered. Thanks for any help. ...

Anyone Familiar With ChartNet?-sm
May 18, 2012

I'm trying to learn it...no training provided by company.  What does "previous notes" mean.  I thought I knew but now not sure.  I have tons of questions but I guess I will learn as I go. Thank you. ...

ChartNet Program And SR??
Jun 06, 2012

how easy is it to get lines with the ChartNet platform and SR?  considering a position that uses this and need to get 1200 combined straight transcription and SR daily.  Is it achievable?  TIA ...

A Question About ChartNet
Jul 19, 2012

Once in a while I mistakingly save a file before the voice file is done. I put in my first password in and then it tells me the voice file was not finished and all I can do is answer "OK" in the box. What I want to know if there is a way to go back and finish the file? The only thing I can do is split the file as if there was a separate dictation on the same voice file. Anyone have any ideas? ...

ChartNet Client 4.10
Nov 06, 2012

Hello everyone, Can you please advise what companies out there are using ChartNet Client as their transcription software. Thank you very much!!  ...

Footpedal For Chartnet?
Jun 17, 2013

Does dictaphone footpedal work with chartnet, or do I have to have a USB-1 or USB-2 pedal? TIA. ...

How Good/bad Is Chartnet?
Nov 14, 2013

I've learned I'm going to be trained on Chartnet?  How is it?  Good/Bad?  I really dread editing other's reports.  When I had to do it years ago I sucked at it.  I couldn't make any money.  Has it changed?  Is it easier editing reports now?  Probably not.  I could really use some feedback.  I'll take all the info I can get, positive and/or negative.  Thanks to anyone who responds.  I really appreciate it.  ...

Chartnet Issues
Aug 09, 2014

I installed chartnet voice client on Windows 7 32-bit.  It worked on the file I downloaded to play.  I downladed another job and I am getting acmopenstream:  The requested operation cannot be performed.  Is there a fix I can download or codec package so it will convert properly so it will play in the chartnet voice player. Rose ...