A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Autocorrect for Windows 7 - ew

Posted: Sep 22, 2012

Does anyone know if you can convert autocorrect from Windows XP to Windows 7?

AutoCorrect - Version of Word - Not Windows OS

[ In Reply To ..]
AutoCorrect is based on MS Word, so by all means it should transfer. If you are going to another machine with a newer version of Word, you will have to backup AutoCorrect entries (google for how-to/macro) and then just restore in the new version of Windows.

Similar Messages:

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

Does Windows 7 Have An Autocorrect?
Dec 10, 2011

I'm starting with Transcend soon and will be having their program downloaded.  I bought a new Windows 7 computer and can't find the autocorrect.  My older computer is a Windows XP and autocorrect has always worked great for me.  I'll need to supply my own word expander program.  Should I use the old computer or is there an expander program that works great with Windows 7?  Money is tight for me right now so I was hoping to stay with autocorrect. ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...

Copying From Windows XP To Windows 7
Jan 31, 2015

I've done this before with no problems but for some reason I can't figure it out today. . . I want to copy my Stedman's Electronic Dictionary from XP to Win 7. I don't know why I am having problems with this . . . I copied my Stedman's electronic surgical words, abbreviations, etc., about 6 months ago just fine using my thumb drive. I don't have the original discs with me. Any help would be appreciated! ...

How Do You Get The Autocorrect Screen To Come Up
Sep 07, 2010

How do you get the autocorrect screen to come up - what are the short cut controls to add new autocorrects in MS Word 2003.  Thanks.  ...

Question About Using AutoCorrect, Please
Sep 09, 2010

I was watching someone use an expander and when she misspelled her short form (she hit space and nothing happened), she backed up to the word and backed over the last misspelled 4 or so letters of a long string, and typed in some new ones, and the whole short form expanded the way she wanted.  Like txsdoisd was supposed to be txsdoerf, so the erf was backspaced over and replaced and the whole thing rolled out to, "Will AutoCorrect do this too?" :) Not really, but now I'm wondering if ...

Autocorrect In Word 7
Nov 14, 2010

Anyone use word 7 and know if there is an autocorrect feature with this version. I used this feature in other word versions but cannot find where it is at in this version or if it exists. I liked it much better than macros. ...

Backing Up The Autocorrect
Dec 17, 2010

I use Microsoft Word (I think the 2004 version but I am not exactly sure.  I have a zillion entries in Autotext and Autocorrect and need to know how to back up these dictionaries onto a CD so I don't lose them if something happens to my computer.  It would take forever to enter all of these again.  Can someone tell me how to do this?  Thanks a million have a very HAPPY HOIDAY!  Lets all hope 2011 is better than 2010 (can't get much worse! LOL) ...

AutoCorrect Hyphen
Mar 24, 2011

How do I create a hyphen for my age macro in AutoCorrect. I need to have a macro formatted as -year-old. I have Word 2007. Thank you so much! ...

AutoCorrect Transfer
Jul 22, 2011

I have Word 2007 and need to transfer my AutoCorrect entries onto my laptop.  Can anyone tell me how to do this, please?  ...

Backing Up Autocorrect
Nov 21, 2011

I am trying to find out how to back up my autocorrect.  I work in Word 2003.  I need to back it up so i can use on new computer.  Does anyone know how to do it. ...

Does Anyone Use Strictly Autocorrect?
Sep 14, 2012

I've had a dreadful time with IT Pro (it keeps crashing Word, sends an error message, sometimes recovers my document or I simply end up losing documents). I've both called and written to the company but they refuse to help me because I bought it used from someone and say they don't support the older versions anymore. Well....I'm through with them, their horrible product, and their nonexistent help. Thankfully I didn't purchase the newer version if this is how they treat ...

Is AutoCorrect A True
Oct 25, 2012

The MTSO I will be starting with requires Word AutoCorrect as an abbreviation expander as we cannot download anything on their computer. I have never used AutoCorrect and do not know how to access it nor do I know what the keyboard shortcut keys to use. Is there any info anywhere on how to effectively utilize AutoCorrect as a word expander? I have Word 2010 ...

AutoCorrect Emergency
Mar 18, 2013

I just set up a new computer but after starting work, realized I alll my macros are on the old one, so as I am builiding my library again, I can't figure out how to make the space bar insert the macro.  I can enter them, but when I type and hit the space bar nothing happens.  Waaaaaaa :( ...

Word Autocorrect
May 24, 2013

I have been blessed with being able to work for smaller companies for the last 9 years.I just started with a new company and the platform doesn't support Word so I can't use my autocorrect, which I have been building shortcuts in all this time. We have tried pcshorthand/speedtype and are having issues with the expansion. I so miss typing in Word. Is not supporting Word the trend of the future? Should I just accept it, or look for something that I can still use Word in? ...

Ugh - I Hate AutoCorrect. I Am Considering
Nov 02, 2014

give me any advice on this program?  I've never used Instant Text before...or Autocorrect (used to work for MM - they had their own expander)....but now I have a job where I use MS Word.  It's taking forever to make my expanders....and now I am hearing that if you put too many in there it can slow things down?  And that it's easy to lose all of your expanders!  Does anyone love/hate Instant text as compared to AutoCorrect? Do you think it's worth the mone ...

Autocorrect Suggestion Box?
Jun 19, 2015

Hi, can anyone tell me if Autocorrect has a suggestion box that stays open while you type? I had been using Shorthand for 8 years and then just got a new job where they won't allow us to use anything but Autocorrect. It is their computer, a Thin Client, which does not allow you to upload anything. With Shorthand and Instant Text a suggestion box pops up showing you all the possible shortcuts and I can see in Autocorrect where you can type in your shortcut and the expansion that it repres ...

For EScription, Is AutoCorrect Of Shorthand Better, If I Do
Dec 19, 2009

AutoCorrect seems much easier to deal with, but won't handle long canned text, and there is no "normals" program in eScription I can add long reports to.   I cannot tweak Shorthand to my liking; no matter how much I try, I still have to fight to get a lot of terms to expand.  It's really annoying.  But it can handle unlimited entries and long blocks of Text that AutoCorrect can't. ...

AUTOCORRECT/WORD 2007
Jan 18, 2010

I recently started working at home using Word 2007.  I have put all of my shortcuts into the autocorrect feature and this has worked out wonderful for me and I am not looking to change that.  I do, however, need to find out how to BACK UP/SAVE that file!!!  I don't know what I will do if I lose all of this information! I have thought of trying Carbonite Backup, but I'm sure there is a cheaper way! TX ALL! ...

Can I Use Autocorrect Or ExpandType In BayScribe?
Nov 15, 2010

Can I use Autocorrect or ExpandType in BayScribe? ...

Autocorrect/word Expander
Dec 08, 2010

Hi, I have recently updated my Office Word from 2003 to 2007. I knew where my autocorrect/word expander was in the old one, but the new version llooks a bit different. I am trying to locate where this is in my menu bar, does anyone know where I would find it? Thanks! ...

Saving Autocorrect Entries
Jan 19, 2011

I sure hope there is someone out there who can help me.  I work in MS Word 2002.  I am trying to save all of my hundreds of autocorrect, autotext, etc entries onto a CD so in case something happens to my computer I would have all of these.  I have been on the internet to find out how to do this and everything I find is long and complicated.  Does anyone know a SIMPLE way to do this?  Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

MediTech/Word Autocorrect
Apr 24, 2011

Does anyone know if you can use the Word autocorrect expanders with the platform Meditech? ...

How To Set An Autocorrect To Move Backwards?
Sep 15, 2011

Do anyone know the code (or whatever it's called) in MS Word 2007 Autocorrect to move something backwards? Specifically, I'm trying to move "-year-old" backwards so that I just type the age and then my autocorrect "yo" and it moves it backwards against the number. I know I've seen this somewhere, but I've googled it and can't find it anywhere. TIA soooooooooooooooooo much! :) ...

Macro To Add Drug To AutoCorrect
Feb 16, 2013

(risedronate sodium) tablets Sub ChangeControl1Key() CustomizationContext = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate KeyBindings.Add KeyCode:=BuildKeyCode(wdKeyControl, wdKey1), _     KeyCategory:=wdKeyCategoryMacro, Command:="AddMedToAutoCorrect" End Sub Sub AddMedToAutoCorrect() Dim BrandString, GenericString, Title, Message, LittleString Title = "WordExpress Transcriptions" Message = "Type in brand name of medication as you would like it " _ & "to appear in your text:" ...

AutoCorrect Not Autocapping After Period With
Feb 18, 2013

This happened to me a while back with another job, and someone here gave instructions how to delete all the words that I inadvertantly somehow coded that made it so these words when accompanied by a period, did not auto-cap the next word (beginning of next sentence).   I can't remember the process now.  Thanks for any help! ...

Autocorrect--How Do I Disable Expander For
Mar 13, 2013

The only time I really need to do this is when I'm typing allergies.  Account specs are to cap whole drug word, but when the shortcut for the drug expands, it expands to lowercase. Is there a key to hit to disable for just one word?  Esc worked in IT, but not for Autocorrect. thanks :-) ...

Is It Possible To Copy Autocorrect From One Computer To Another?
Mar 19, 2013

Just got a new computer, but have all my autocorrects on old computer and really do not want to have to put in manually all over again. Is it possible to copy from old computer and put on new one and how do I do this? HELP! ...

AutoCorrect Not Expanding After Periods. Help!
May 07, 2013

I started using AutoCorrect for my expanders. The problem is when I use them followed by a period they won't work. So "t" doesn't turn into "the" just "t." They work after any other punctuation or a space. I've scoured the internet and Microsoft forums and I can't find a thing. I've tried turning off the auto-caps and that doesn't work. Help? ...