A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Alternative for doctors to dictate... - wendy

Posted: Jul 24, 2014

I am moving soon and need to find an alternative way for the doctors to dictate where it is made into a voice file that can either be sent automatically or accessed from a site.  I have a system for that using NCH Dial Dictate and Express Delegate, but not sure I can transfer the numbers they are using to another state, so trying to figure out alternatives to an old desk top computer with windows XP, modem and phone ports.  Geek Squad told me they can't even get phone ports for modems anymore because no one uses modems in their computers now, but this program calls for this.

Any suggestions on how to change this to something else is appreciated.

Thank you

Wendy

Similar Messages:

Where Do Doctors Dictate?
Oct 13, 2011

Ok, I'm curious, but can doctos do their dictations anywhere? A lot of times, I hear a bunch of doctors in like some sort of dictation room. You can hear other doctors doing dications. I just picture a bunch of people in white coats sitting at a desk talking into a phone. lol. Other times it sounds like they're in an emergency room while an emergency is going on. People are asking for things, things are clanging around. Sometimes it sounds like they're in their own home. Had an ...

To Doctors, PAs, Any Who Dictate: When You Are
May 14, 2014

dictating a lengthy report and mentioned a dozen different doctors, do not say at the end, please cc all above because I will NOT do this.  I will not take another half hour to read your report and cc all noted physicians.  You get paid the big bucks.  Use your time, not mine that is paid by pennies!!!! ...

Please Tell These Doctors How To Dictate
Feb 01, 2015

So tired of going in an out of the ADT screen, choosing just patient because they don't dictate a day until part way through the dictation, or the referring physician. I honestly think, if someone told them it would make our lives easier they would comply..And I know this is dreaming, but dictate the CCs at the beginning of the report so it is easier to find the names and spell them correctly when you dictate them throughout the report. And by all means at the end don't say please cc ...

Why Do A Lot Of Doctors Who Dictate Letters To
Jun 05, 2014

or sometimes even within the state don't bother to spell the doctor's name?  There are a million doctors on the account hospital list, and if it's anything unusual (most of the time), I go crazy trying to sound it out and looking for it. :p  Of course, if the doctor is out of state, 99% of the time it's not even listed.  I hate doing correspondence.  Was doing all operative reports before this for many years and liked that much better.   ...

Doctors Really Need To Be Retrained To Dictate.
Aug 03, 2014

Doctors need to be taught to dictate for the ASR transcription! They haven't a clue that this is how their work is being done and they need to know how to dictate properly for these new times. I am sick and tired of the Kool-Aid drinking TSM and QAM who try to tell us that we are not training it right and how wonderful it is the need for corrections is great, otherwise we would not have jobs. We don't deserve the torture of working for pennies for correcting output of their serio ...

Facilities Cant Make Effort To Insist Doctors Dictate
Jan 18, 2012

the effort to insist that ESL learn to speak English as least good enough to be understood by the average patient, much less MT, and the doctors cant make the effort to dictate in a responsible, professional manner.  Yet, MT/ Ed are suppose to put in a super human effort to fix this mess, usually to the detriment of our paychecks. Why should we, last person to touch the document, be expected to take the time, which we do not get paid for, to make sense of this mess.  Facility  ...

PA As Alternative To MT
May 19, 2010

I have been researching PA training as an alternative to MT in the recent weeks.  I do not see getting another 25 years out of this profession which I once knew as a great way to make a living. In my state (GA) it does not appear that we have many PAs, only NPs.  It seems to be that way across all specialities as far as I can tell.  Does anyone know why this is the case?  Are PAs more expensive to have on staff?  Are NPs thought of as more respected in certain ...

Alternative For
Sep 19, 2012

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction...I need to test for a company and my expressscribe has expiried and it won't let me download another free trial...are there any other programs that offer a free trial that I could use? Thank you very very very much! ...

Alternative Career
Jun 15, 2010

Hello, All: While helping my son research possibilities for his career choice, we found out that ultrasonography only requires two years of education and the median pay is around $40K-$50K.  You don't have to be licensed and can take the job anywhere in the country.   Not bad, huh?  Wanted to pass that information along to any frustrated MTs who are considering getting out.  I woudln't mind doing that myself.  Dental hygienists make even more and also o ...

Alternative To ExpressScribe
Sep 29, 2012

I desperately need an alternative to ES.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling for the free trial version several times.  I finally kept getting a message that I could no longer download the free trial, so I purchased the Pro version because I was promised that I was also paying for tech support.  The program keeps freezing up.  I am having an awful time loading files.  Yesterday afternoon I was trying to load files and it took me an entire 4 hours to get 15 files loaded with no more ...

Alternative To Nuance?
Sep 12, 2014

Are there any companies other than Nuance that would provide a semi-decent wage, no FIESA, a computer and work?  I have been working for this company for 3 years now, and it only gets worse.  The nit-picking on QA, slow down to "get it right", then get chastised for lines being low.  No way you can re-read every report.  99.5 is pretty dang high for the quality of the dictators and sound quality.  I am really, really tired of making nothing.  After all, I only ...

Alternative To Express Scribe?
Jul 18, 2012

I am looking for an alternative player to Express Scribe.  Every since I upgraded the last few seconds of every single dictation are cut off.  When I play them in Windows Media Player I hear the whole dictation.  Obviously I cannot use WMP without a footpedal (or can I somehow?).  Please help. ...

Interesting Alternative To Medical Transcription
Jun 09, 2010

It is so interesting that I found this today on Craigslist, because I was just thinking about what kind of other services I could offer on a part time IC basis...   Strada,Inc. is a professional Disability Resource Center that coordinates services for disability counselors and coordinators in education, business and social services nationwide. We currently have room to add more academic transcriptionists to our team. We have part-time placements for independent contractors in Salem and Po ...

Is There A Free Alternative To Express Scribe?
Sep 21, 2013

Is there a free player similar to Express Scribe? ...

New To This Board Learning About MT Looking At Options As A Career Alternative
Dec 28, 2012

Good morning or afternoon everyone    As I have run through a list of companies that hire medical transcriptionists I found on the website Rat Race Rebellion (a work at home website) I was directed to this forum and I must say it is a wealth of information so I am glad I have found it ! I am in Kentucky and graduated with an Associates degree last year in medical billing and coding hoping that would give me a leg up on my resume aside from my experience just in healthcare insurance ...

How Will YOU Dictate?
Feb 03, 2010

I see a lot of MTs returning to school and often in the medical profession.  Since the industry seems hell-bent on having all the transcription done in India, will that influence how you nurses and psychologist dictate when it is your turn to dictate, or will you be so relieved to be through with this tragedy that you won't even think about it?  Just wondering.  ...

New # For DICTATE
Nov 04, 2010

Just tried calling DICTATE (1-800-342-8283) to report outage and got message that the number has been changed, or no longer working...  Used it yesterday, but who knows any more....  Anyone have another number for DICTATE?  At least with these posts they can't tell me that i am the only one...  Getting so tired of hearing that.  ...

Cc Or ML, If They Dictate Cc....
Jan 20, 2011

I was always told to change it to mL.  ????? ...

I Dictate
Nov 17, 2014

Has anyone worked with or know anything about IDictate? Possibly losing current position so I am looking for something just in case. ...

"There Was A Time When Doctors Were Doctors" By James Ong
May 06, 2014

From the KevinPho MD site:   There was a time when doctors were doctors. There was a time when young men and women sacrificed the best years of their youth, learning to treat patients and conquer diseases, not to become typists, paper pushers, data-entry clerks, or to have hospitals, insurance companies, and the federal government dictate to us how to practice medicine.   There was a time when doctors were trusted. There was a time when we were not guilty until proven ot ...

I Just Love It When They Dictate...
Mar 27, 2010

...in the middle of an airport runway.  At least it sounds like that.  It's especially so lovely with ASR, picking up as it does every random conversation in the area. ...

Is It Just Me Or Is This The New Way To Dictate Dates?
May 16, 2013

More and more frequently, I am getting dictators who say, "the patient underwent the procedure IN 04/11/12" or "the patient underwent the procedure ON April 2012."  It's just a little thing that's kind of annoying because you have to change the IN to ON and vice versa, but it's happening so often, I'm wondering if that's now an acceptable way to say it and I'm just not in the know.  Anyone else get this? ...

Learning To Dictate The RIGHT WAY?
Jun 04, 2013

I am an experienced nurse practitioner with seven years of experience. Now that I am working in an acute care environment, I am required to dictact all of my consultations. I have a template from which I am dictating. But from the results of my transcriptions, I could use some help from medical transcriptionists on how to dictate the RIGHT WAY. Of course, I was never taught how to dictate. I was taught how to use the telephone to dictate, but I was never taught the right way to dictate clearly ...

Did You Ever Stop To Think How Much Better You Could Dictate
Dec 15, 2013

than some of these idiots who you have to muddle through on day after day after day ad nauseum?  I am transcribing this dictator tonight who has had one patient with "infantigo" and on her "review of symptoms" she dictates "Eyes" as a subheading by itself then does HEENT later on in the review. I would be so organized if I were doing this, I would have a standard sheet for every patient with ROS and PE, then just fill in the blanks and note any abnormalties.  It would be so easy for us ...

Dictate Express - Come One, Come All, To The
Apr 10, 2014

greatest job of them all - You can be an MT here for a whopping........WAIT FOR IT........0.05 CPL!!!!!!!  Plus you can pay your own taxes and never get a paid vacation!!!  Just when you think you've seen it all.  Let's not all trample each other lining up to apply.  Please - can we all realize we're better than this and deserve better than this and not apply to these places that low ball us like this?!!??!  I think these companies will keep just seeing ho ...

If The Dictator Does Not Dictate 99.7%
Apr 15, 2014

then it is insane to expect to transcribe 99.7%.  That's all. ...

Dictate Express
Apr 26, 2014

Has anyone been hired by or worked for Dictate Express in Solana Beach, California?  I checked with BBB and they have no record of them.  Got email I was hired.  I have been scammed once this month and do not need another.  Please help???? Signed numbtypist ...

Maybe If You Didnt Eat And Dictate
Oct 14, 2014

#1 I would be able to understand you. And BTW, chewing like a cow is not attractive at all. And #2, you wouldn't choke on your food. And since you did choke through a word or 2, it would be nice if you re-dictated that because I have no idea what cough, cough, cough is supposed to be. I HATE this dictator, why does the company not tell her how to talk, I'm done complaining since it gets me nowhere.. ...

Ever Have A Doctor Dictate
Apr 19, 2015

I can't understand a couple of words and every time I let off the foot pedal and replay, I hear "Cracklin Rosie, get on board." "Cracklin Rosie, get on board."  "Cracklin Rosie, get on board."  Arrrrgggghhhh   ...

If They Can Dictate On A Treadmill,
Apr 22, 2015

does anyone know a way to edit/transcribe on a treadmill?   I can hear her footfalls and the sound her tennis shoes make on the belt.  Would be a great way to get my walking time in and not be so sedentary (especially with doing OT).   Not good at the keyboard commands to work audio so would need my footpedal.  ...