A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The big news in October, I have a guess - Just a thought really.

Posted: Jun 20, 2014

Remember an earlier poster said they had heard that supposedly there was going to be "big news" in October or some such that would help MTs make better production or more money somehow? Some folks were leery, hypothesizing that any change at Nuance usually means bad news for MTs. 

This came to me in the middle of the night last night so it is likely off the wall. But, I think everyone will be required to clock in and out each time they leave the keyboard for any reason. In other words, no working 4 hours with a 15-minute break. Wouldn't that create more lines per hour than those who clock in and stay clocked in for a straight eight? Is this possible? Good grief it would stretch into an impossibly long day, but heck, it undoubtedly would yield more lines, better chances for bonuses, right?   

Frankly, I am tired - Sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Of wild ideas and gross speculation on this board. No, I am not happy at Nuance. But unfounded rumors don't help, either.

Well you should only be clocked in if you are - actively working. They already

[ In Reply To ..]
have a report that compares your clocked in time to actual active keyboard time, so they can see the inactivity.

Similar Messages:

Big News In October??
Jun 23, 2014

I hadn't heard much about this, but with all the problems they are having hiring and training, offering bonuses to sign on, etc.  maybe (I might be dreaming) the changes will be for once to our benefit.  Plan on sticking it out to see for sure.  Call me a fool or an optimist --we will see which in October. ...

October News
Sep 24, 2014

Does anybody have a clue what's coming down next week?  Got a strange email (don't want to post what was said to give myself away) not from my TL but from her boss (which I have never gotten anything from her before) referring to my production, etc.  and alluding to things changing next month.  ...

Benchmark Is Useless. Also, Guess What Is Under MT News.
Jun 18, 2011

I'm trying to look up a doctor's name and enter the first 2 letters of the last name. Well, even the doctors I know are in that state, because they are at the hospital in that state, aren't on the list!! Under MT News - How to become a legal transcriptionist. Hmmm... maybe a hint???? Even MT News can't make medical transcription look good. ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

Pay Day October 9th For Transcend?
Oct 05, 2012

I work for Transcend and we are scheduled to be paid October 9th, but Monday, October 8th is Columbus Day and a federal holiday which means banks are closed.  So will this push pay day up to Wednesday the 10th?  I haven't worked here very long and wanted to know.  Just wonder if the holiday would effect the pay date?   ...

Christmas In October!!!
Sep 11, 2013

Don't they usually wait until right before the holidays to give us our annual pay cut?  I guess they felt we deserved it early this year. ...

October Fiesa/QA Changes??
Sep 15, 2014

Really tempted to move on to another company, but Nuance has bought up the last 2 I tried that on.   Now kind of curious to stay and see if any any changes the changes they hinted at for October will be good. ...

October Announcement
Sep 26, 2014

I am no my shift right now......a lot of strange things lately.  I canno get ANYONE to answer an e-mail.  My boss decided to go on "vacation" for 2 weeks and will not be back until middle of October?  FIESA?  I haven't received anything from them in weeks!!   ...

October Post
Nov 06, 2014

I read/responded to an October post, and can't find it.  Down at the bottom of the main board are places to click for previous months, but not October, and the page only goes so far.  I cannot find anything to click for next page.  Is that stupid, or what?  Thanks ...

Graduating October 30, 2012 Looking For Work
Oct 02, 2012

I will be finished with school at the end of this month. Does anyone hire recent grads? How can I get into the field if everyone wants to hire only those with experience? I could use some help on this. Please let me know if anyone has any advice. Thank you, ***** ...

Has Anyone Received Q4 Bonus This October 31st?
Nov 02, 2013

Has anyone received the promised Q4 bonus for those who qualified (I think October 31st is the date I read on an old email). I was wondering because last quarter I did receive a little bonus and my stats have not really changed much for this quarter but I haven't received any email or any news if the bonus has been paid for this quarter.   Thanks. ...

Article In October's Issue Of Reader's Digest....
Sep 24, 2010

Reader's Digest, October issue, has an article based on physicians, nurses and pharmacists sharing their mistakes which caused fatal incidences.  It could be a good time to write in a response on what is happening with the medical records too.  You know, the errors made with voice recognition, lousy dictation either because of doctors, equipment or environment, and the fact that we are required to have 98% accuracy in transcribing reports, not to mention the off shoring.... ...

Hudred Pack Years (period) Quit October 2006
May 29, 2012

if dictated as: SOCIAL HISTORY: hudred pack years (period) quit October 2006  what should be the correct way of transcribing it? is it.... SOCILA HISTORY: A hundred pack years, quit October 2006. A 100-pack-years, quit October 2006. 100-pack-year. Quit October 2006. ...

Can Anybody Guess
Jan 04, 2012

Just came across this VR interpretation.  Can anybody guess what the doc was really saying "History of pepperoni she abandoned" ...

I Guess We Will Need At Least
Mar 09, 2014

Because the second TAA petition is about to expire, and as soon as we all get laid off, then we can get back to school.   ...

Guess What, Another Incentive, Oh Boy!!
Oct 23, 2009

This is getting to be a regular thing.  Barely enough work to go around in my BOB as it is! ...

To All The Newbies And I Guess All MQ MT's.
Jan 23, 2010

I have been with MQ, well. . . , FOREVER unfortunately.  I found out about the board when I was googling something about Medquist about 2-1/2 years ago.  How did you all find out about this board! ...

Anybody Want To Guess What This Is Supposed To Say?
May 03, 2010

He received supplemental oxygen and anti manic amputations by EMS. ...

Guess I Am Not Leaving
Jun 25, 2010

Got an E-mail (isn't that personal, but better than nothing, I guess) that my old hospital has decided not to fill the position "at this time," but will keep my resume for future reference.  New clothes, pedicure, and a lot of stress for nothing.  So my MQ job is looking a lot better today. . .  Maybe next time.  ...

Can Nobody Even Venture A Guess As To Why
Dec 01, 2011

a company would do that???????? ...

Take A Guess At This ASR Miss
Jan 05, 2012

ASR says: He was seen in "twelfth" 2011.   Anyone care to guess what "twelfth" means? ...

Guess I Am Not One Of The Chosen Few
Mar 07, 2012

E-mail says 300 MTs chosen to attend the webcast.  If you haven't received an invitation, you're not in.  Curious to see what the 300 have to say... ...

I Guess I'll Just Be Glad For One More Day
Sep 15, 2012

MModal didn't cut my pay this week, I haven't been thrown into the cesspool yet, I haven't been put on QA review (yet) and I have plenty of work.  So we'll see what tomorrow brings. ...

I Guess I'm Stuck In MT
Jan 03, 2013

I failed another interview yesterday, and I'm not going to do anymore interviews.  When they start asking stuff like, how does your experience as a medical transcriptionist translate to this particular job, I'm stumped.  Among other questions. I have started building some other skills (like Excel), but I always end up looking like a complete idiot.  So I'm just gonna stick with MT until it goes away and then I'll go to the unemployment office and mayb ...

I Lucked Out I Guess
Dec 17, 2014

I figured mine on Friday the old way and just checked my new one to approve and it is the same as it would have been on old pay scale.  Holding my breath for the next week.  So ridiculous.  ...

They Are Forcing Us To Guess At Words So Not To
Mar 02, 2010

exceed the submission rate.  That will stop once the client starts reading the reports and sees all the errors.  Seems like it would invalidate their contract with MQ.  Maybe we should stop sending reports to QA, just guess at everything.  Our defense would be that we were forced to do this.  ...

I Need Help. Doctor Says D As In Mary, Guess I'll
Mar 26, 2010

leave a blank, but will probably be blamed for that. ...

I Guess We Now Dictate With Our Family
May 11, 2010

I just had an idiot dictating with what sounded like his whole family in the background, foreground, everyground.  Two young girls talking and giggling and then saying goodbye to each other.  Daughter talking to mother.  Some kind of beeping noise like a piece of heavy equipment backing up....beep, beep, beep, beep.  Dictator just yapping away.  How inconsiderate!!!!  Okay, I'm done.  ...

Do You Think We Should Guess At Drug Names?
Nov 05, 2010

Am I overly concerned or do you think I may have a point?  I think the Word Help Board is invaluable and have always helped whenever I 100% knew the correct spelling.  But as I have been reading the questions, there seem to be more and more drug questions from drug lists, which means no point of reference.  There are also a few “allergic to: sounds like” questions.  When I first started working as a Medical Transcriptionist, QA was always:  “Leave a b ...

Guess I'll Have To Stick With Corporate
Aug 18, 2011

I give up.  I've submitted so many resumes and applications that my head is spinning.  I can't help it that my experience is more than two years ago.  The doctor died and the practice split up!  I live in a small town where outsourcing is unheard of and the MTs work at a place until they die.  I passed my typing test and editing test with All-Type, had my interview, discussed contract terms, and the woman said she would send the contract out.  But she ...