A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Looks like QA really can pick and choose! - Tired

Posted: Jan 04, 2015

After browsing around in FIESA, I found what looks to be an instruction manual for the people who audit us and after looking at it, it sure does look like they can pick and choose which reports to audit, rather than randomly. I have also had the worst dictators audited more than the good ones. Of course it's easier to find a mistake that way and easier to keep our pay down! Remember 7 cpl is really equal to only 3.5 cpl if most of your jobs are VR.

I would really like to know if there is - incentive for QA to get us

[ In Reply To ..]
I just wonder how they are incentivized - do they get harassed if they don't find enough errors? Hard to imagine why they would mark off things like that HENT/HEENT below otherwise.

Something has changed with this new pay thing, and it's not in a good way. This should be a much more transparent process, it should be made clear.

We should be provided an explicit list of the - ever fluctuating nonsensical errors

[ In Reply To ..]
In regards to the HENT/HEENT debacle, just had 2 docs who didn't even say it at all, just went into it. They did not mention EARS but said no exudate, so I left it blank. No exudate - where? Ears, eyes, throat, nose??? Not for me to guess but my bet is after many of those kind of blanks, the clients will notice and put a stop to that nuance nonsense.

As per usual with Nuance - they get you both ends

[ In Reply To ..]
Like putting in blanks for HEENT or whatever - then you can't go over the blanks allowable or else you have to pend it and then they get to make swiss cheese out of it and tear it to bits PLUS now this stupid percentage to QA thing which I cannot begin to understand and do not want to try.

I am not a mathematician, I am a keyboardist. I have no desire to work the percentages. I am in awe of those of you who seem to have a grip on it, and I am sure I could if I really wanted to, but it does not come naturally, does not interest me, and I don't need to know the numbers to know I'm being screwed.

All those numbers and percentages and such are another smokescreen IMHO to get us to keep us confused and hopeful. Not buying it.

Error description by institution can be found in FIESA. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Select the Reports tab and it is at the right after Performance Mapping Report. Can look at what the QA people use, I would assume. Can look up error descriptions based on platform and accounts. Nice thing to have handy when QA tries to ding us with absurd errors.
yeah but does is specifically list subjective things like - HENT vs HEENT
[ In Reply To ..]
???
There's the rub - QA claims error
[ In Reply To ..]
Subjectively, but no matter how absurd, when backed up by supervisor reviewer that will always trump any reversal, even if your TSM is on your side.

The game is rigged, but what's in it for them?
HENT vs HEENT - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Since we are being penalized for this nonsense BEFORE being told that it was changing, lowering our percentages and our $$ as a result, do you think the pay plan isn't taking enough away from us, maybe they needed to take away more $$ quick-like? Sure stinks to high heaven. I wonder what you all think.

QA - hope

[ In Reply To ..]
I have serious doubts about some of the errors I find in my audits

"serious doubts" - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it's just heinous we have to spend unpaid time to defend our work against QA. Even worse is not being able to listen to the report for myself. Have to take QA and TSM's word for it. Leap of faith for sure.

I'm going for production now. To heck with Fiesa. Hopefully, my production will be high enough that it won't matter. Think I'll figure out how to block Fiesa e-mails. Total waste of my time.

I feel that's been the case for a long time. - Covering their own butts at our expense.

[ In Reply To ..]
X

really? - dnh

[ In Reply To ..]
except that HENT is most likely wrong and it does make a different. 99.9% of the time they dictate it as HEENT. maybe that's why they would make off things like that.

I think you misunderstand - I did have HEENT

[ In Reply To ..]
They marked it 1.0 off because they claimed it was HENT.

Hence, every time I have HEENT in a report (and you know they say it fast) I must leave a blank now if it could be HENT since they could deduct the 1.0 at any time.

Do you get it now? Or what are you saying exactly?

Similar Messages:

Which To Choose...
Oct 16, 2009

The inguinal ligament was lifted up the artery, at which point there was significant amount of bleeding, which was controlled with finger pressure. Do I get rid of was, which I clearly hear, so it makes sense. Or, does another way work? ...

I Choose
Oct 22, 2012

Pay - What Specialty To Choose
Feb 04, 2010

Does anybody know which MT specialty offers the best pay rate?  I was told by one of my instructors that pathology and radiology were this highest paid MTs around.  Another instructor thought that specializing in OP reports would offer the greatest income potential.  Thanks   ...

Everyone HAS To Choose One Of The 2 Plans? You Can't Opt Out?
May 18, 2012

x ...

If You Absolutely Had To Choose ..help! ..sm
Jul 18, 2012

I've been looking for weeks.  The hospital I've been IC with for years is getting rid of all ICs - going totally VR and keeping only their existing employees.  I've tried to be very selective, looking for that great little company somewhere that would treat me with a little respect and value my years of experience.  Well, now I'm to the point that I need to start bringing in a paycheck ASAP.  I've been offered both M-Modal and Nuance - which were my v ...

Typing Or VR? Which Would You Choose As Best Overall?
Jul 28, 2012

Sooooo, Who's The Bachelor Going To Choose? NM
Feb 08, 2010

NM ...

MedQuist Or Spheris? If You Had To Choose...
Mar 18, 2010

Anyone with knowledge of these two companies have any advice for choosing between them (for a new MT)?  Thank you. ...

If You Had To Choose Between Proscript And Transcend, Which Would It Be?
Aug 19, 2010

Just looking for opinions.  Don't see a lot of recent stuff on Proscript on here. ...

Which Keyboard Would You Choose? Logitech
Mar 04, 2011

Thanks for your suggestions! ...

If You Don't Mind My Asking, Did Anybody Choose IC Over Employee With Transcend? And Why?
Dec 02, 2009

Still weighing my options and am not sure which way to go.  I understand FT and PT got a cut in pay, but not ICs.  Is this true?  Any other downside to IC status other than the SE tax and being lowest on the totem pole to get work when it's slow? ...

Help: Job Offers From Both Synernet And Amphion. What Should I Choose?
Jan 04, 2013

I have full-time job offers right now from both Synernet and Amphion and I don't know what to do.  They are both for the same shift/days.  Synernet is straight typing and Amphion is mostly VR.  I just don't know what do choose.  Anybody have opinions? ...

On Our Timecards, Do We Choose Report Paid Hours
Oct 13, 2012

instead of Production Hours?  I want to add some PTO to my timecard this pay period but I don't know how.  I went to learning under HR but still can't figure out how to add PTO. Gracias! ...

Keystrokes Or Transcription, Technology & Support.. Which Would You Choose?
Nov 13, 2014

x ...

As If They Are Really Going To Pick
Apr 17, 2013

question ...

Need To Pick A Brain Please
Sep 28, 2011

I  do not usually do ORs and am baffled.  I am covering for another MT.   I am not sure how to type this "running loop O PDS suture". As usual, thanks for all you gracious help! ...

Pick Pick Ding Ding
Mar 19, 2014

Two questions. Does anyone else have the little screen that pops up and says Editscript has been inactive for 1 hour, will automatically shut down in 5 minutes and then counts down? IT COMES ON WHILE I AM WORKING! I have NEVER let my work sit for an hour, NEVER! Secondly,I had an appointment last week so missed an hour and missed a few minutes here and there enough to be over 2 hours short on my normal working hours. First I received an email (ON MY DAY OFF SO I DID NOT SEE IT) that I must m ...

Would You Choose Webmedx Production Versus Local Hospital Salary Of $17/hour
Aug 13, 2010

Which would be the best choice?  In the event that you had a great account at Webmedx on 3rd shift based on production rates, which would give you the most money?  Decisions, decisions!  Any comments? ...

Sl Pick-quick-eon Syndrome
Oct 15, 2009

This in a list of diagnoses.  By context, it is a respiratory condition.  Thanks.  ...

I Cherry Pick And I Don't Feel Bad!
Feb 15, 2010

Here's the deal, I'm not saying I cherry pick every minute of my shift, but if I have done one after the other report of difficult dictators, then I will go in and assign myself 2 or 3 jobs to give myself a break.  I work directly for a hospital and I know that I am absolutely not the only one who does this.  I also cherry pick if the end of my shift is coming up and I find that my lines need a little boost.  I will assign myself some easy dictators to boost up my lines ...

May I Pick Ortho Brains Please?
Aug 19, 2010

Patient fractured ankle, sound like "masonew" fracture.  Cannot find anything remotely simimlar.   Please help! Thanks! ...

Why Not Just Enter Everyone And Pick Some Names Already
Sep 14, 2010

Why on earth have a deadline but then extend it until everyone downloads?  Its already been 8 days past original deadline... how much time is needed? ...

Criminy! I Wish They'd Pick One And Stick With It!
Jan 19, 2011

Since I can't get the same answer out of my QA, my CCM and others, I guess I'll poll the audience.  We DO NOT put the zeros on medications, like 4.0 mg should be typed 4 mg, right?  Do we put the zeros on...welll...pretty much anything else, like creatinine 2.0, temperature 98.0?  And no, I'm not new.  I've been told many different things over the past 10 years that now I'm just messed up, confused and too tired to think straight.  ...

How To Pick An Online Coding Course
May 08, 2011

After 28 years of medical billing I am ready for a change.  I've been researching online coding courses but there are so many!  I would be interested in any feedback you have on which courses you took and the pros and cons of each.  Thank you for your input. ...

Transtech Or Acusis, Who Would Be Your Pick And Why Or Why Not?
May 27, 2011

nm ...

If Applying For PT With MQ Can You Pick Your Hours? Sm
Oct 17, 2011

After you fill out the application and get through the hiring process, if you're going to be part-time does MQ tell you when they want you to work or can you pick your own hours?  ...

Which Would You Pick? Chase Or Keystrokes?
May 29, 2012

I've done lots of research on both companies, none really "WOW" me at all....but having to make a choice (and SOON), as I cannot afford to be without a job, can anyone shed some recent light on working for either? I don't need the benefits as much as the pay...Thank you kindly in advance. ...

If You Had To Pick - Nuance Or M*Modal?
Jul 21, 2012

I've read more bad than good on both companies. ...

MTs With RHIT Please, And How To Pick A School?
Nov 15, 2012

Wow, I'm a little confused. I hope to train for coding for if/when my in-house transcription job dries up, so I asked around the hospital about whether I should get my RHIT. (Yes yes I know I can't go into full-fledged coding the day I get the RHIT. I want to be in position to help out in the transition to ICD-10.) Response was positive, and they suggested any program accredited by AHIMA. Doesn't this leave out Andrews? People on this site seem to like Andrews. My state has ...

Is There A Way To Cherry Pick In EScription?
Dec 23, 2012

Just curious about this because it seemed when I worked my last shift, I had all good doctors for a change.  Some of them I'd never typed before.  So I got to wondering if people can actually cherry pick on eScription.  I was under the impression that was one of the benefits of that software, difficult to do that.  We all work the same bad shift, let's share the junk reports, please! ...