A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does eBTXT ever get better? Starting my third week - wannie

Posted: Apr 08, 2013

and dislike it more than I did the very first day.  Is anybody really making more than they did before?

Nuance Is - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course someone is making more than they did before: Nuance.

Same here, worse - SusieMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it has gotten worse. Formatting is a wreck, have to reformat so much, numbering things in middle of paragraphs, it does not know the indentions other than numbering, all subheadings are still bolded when report pulls in. If the dictator is a mumbler forget it. My hourly line count used to be almost 400, now it is less than 200. So they definitely have this rigged.

eBTXT - rapscallion

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it does get better. I thought the exact same thing. One issue I have with the new migration is the voice loop. Way too many physicians with way too many long, long pauses, eating, or chit chatting in the background and wasting time. Another issue is the ease of speeding up and slowing down the dictator I used to have. Just have to get used to everything I guess. But, I migrated in December and have seen an increase in my pay. Just hang in there.

Ebtxt - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
May I ask what platform you were on before? If it was T-mode I can see you making more money but if you were in BTXT you probably are not really making more money and I will tell you why: When Nuance bought Transcend and the BIG phone conference happened they told us that because they were dropping the base line rate, they would make up the deficit by compensating us temporarily. Then it's the hourly rate for all that training we did and conference calls. You'll be back to your regular pay in no time because all this stuff is going to settle down and no extra $$. EBTXT stinks and they know it. They rigged it that way so we would not be able to make incentive.

Similar Messages:

Starting The Week Off In A Bad Way...
Nov 02, 2009

Two drugs under med list:  s/l peruvian falsa and locaine 1%... ...

LOVE Starting The Week With NJA!
Oct 25, 2010

Instead of sitting here crying, I'm smiling a little because I am putting my plan B into action starting in January. Going to school for my RN degree.  Just hope I can keep in enough work to get me through 4 semesters of it, then they can have it! ...

Lph On Ebtxt
Apr 24, 2013

Is anybody meeting the required 186 lph? Is anybody exceeding it? If you are please tell me how you do it. I'm desperate. ...

Does Anyone Else Have Problems With EBTXT
Apr 22, 2013

running correctly with Windows 7.  For some reason, it won't upload jobs. ...

Today Working On EBTXT Has Been Better Than The
Mar 26, 2013

practice job yesterday.  At least all of my hair is still intact, lol.  It does get easier as I go and, hopefully, will become second nature. ...

Nuance MTs Actually Prefer The New EBTXT To The Old One? 
May 17, 2013

Do any of you Nuance MTs actually prefer the new eBTXT to the old one?  I definitely miss many of the features of the old platform.  Wondering if it's just me. ...

Way To Save Voice Files In EBTXT?
Jul 21, 2013

I work on eBTXT and am told there is no way for me to relisten to the audio after it goes to QA, but of course my TSM can, which gets me nowhere.  Is there a way to save the voice file to my computer?  I would of course delete any patient demographics.  I hate not being able to relisten to my reports that QA reviewed, especially since they're just guessing and changing what they want.  I haven't been able to locate anywhere on my computer where files are stored even ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Help Starting
Mar 05, 2010

Hello, I was interested in becoming a MT because I recently became a mom and would like to work from home. Can anyone tell me the best way to get started? Is there a class/ school you recommend? Or is there a book I can study and take a test to get certified? I am financially strapped so which would be the best for me? I currently work in the medical field in the ER as a Doctors Scribe so I have quite a bit of medical terminology. Thanks for your input!  ...

Starting Pay At MQ?
Feb 10, 2011

I just took the lengthy test for Medquist, though I found it pretty easy.   If hired, what can I expect to get paid? ...

Starting Over............
Aug 02, 2013

Has anyone found it incredibly hard to find a job outside the home after working as an IC for a long period of time.  I apply everywhere and never get a call back.  I recently lost my job  as an IC and don't want to even bother with MT work anymore.  I have been spending time online and applying everywhere.  No one wants you to apply in person anymore.  ...

I'm Really Starting To Wonder If
May 05, 2015

Nuance is any better than it's getting around here at MM?  I see they want experienced MTs rather than newbies in one of the ads, so that would sound like they'd expect to have to pay better at least.  I used to think this place was better, but not lately.  Does anyone here work for both currently, or even recently? ...

Starting New Accts
Jul 01, 2010

I was just wondering how hard is it to find new accounts in order to do medical transcription out of your home?  Just about anyone that I have contacted has the new EMR or they already have someone doing their transcription. ...

Starting Wage ....
Apr 27, 2010

I am considering entering into a MT program with one of the accredited schools, CareerStep.  For those that have went through the CareerStep program, can you tell me (a salary or a range) of what your starting wage is with your first employer? I am looking for responses from MT that are employees not IC.  (I need the health benefits). ...

Anyone Else At Acusis Starting To Wonder If Their
Aug 17, 2010

Are you working harder and longer, only to see your counts going down? What the h___ is going on with this place? ...

Starting At Medquist
Sep 07, 2010

I have a question.  I was hired on at Medquist and was scheduled to start back on August 23.  The radiology account I had been assigned to hadn't gone live yet.  I was then told it would be approximately the second week in September.  Still no word from my supervisor as to a start date for training.  Anyone know of another person on the radiology team I can contact about this.  I have no other names except for my supervisor's name and the name of my recrui ...

Starting Pay At Medquist
Oct 16, 2010

Boy, Medquist is really trying to get my attention! I tested w them prev. but no luck.  Now, I have recd. three voice mails and two emails to get me to retest.  I have a job already for $9.30/hr that I like.  I have read horror stories about Medquist and seasoned employees there having their pay reduced to basically minimal wage. I got taken in by DIT Transcription for 9 weeks, so I am really leery now about being lied to.  What is a good line rate to start out with them if I ...

Starting A Business
Jan 29, 2011

Hi. I am new to MT boards here but wondering about how one would start a home business. I have worked for companies as a subcontractor but wish to advertise for myself and get some work from local doctors on my own. I would likely need a mini transcriber if I have to pick up and drop off tapes, but how does one do it over the internet? Would there be a way to get it through email set up of some kind with audio wav files that they could dictate to and I access it from there and just type and emai ...

For Those Of You Starting Soon With Transcend
Dec 10, 2011

I noticed a few of us are scheduled to start around the same time, December 19, 20, and 21-ish.  For those of you who are supposed to start around that time, have any of you had your software installed yet?  I'm supposed to start on the 20th and have already sent in all my new-hire paperwork but I haven't heard from anyone since then.  I'm just curious if it's still too early to have it installed or if I'm the only one.  In case it makes a difference, ...

I'm Starting To Think I Should Go With Accentus.
Apr 19, 2012

I see they pay 7-10 for ST and 4-6 for editing.  Better than what Nuance pays.  Anyone currently working there?  ...

So, Ok, Starting A New Job And Curious To Know,
Apr 26, 2012

or just that of a few companies out on an anallimb, because after many years in the buisness, this the first time it was asked of me -- to get my IDs witnessed and notarized.  Just wondering what's up with that?  Overprotective or wave of the future?   ...

Starting DQS 7 Today
May 15, 2012

any tricks or tips that would be helpful for starting DQS 7 for the first time.  Is it an easy transition.  A lot of the keys changed.  What is the 1 most important advice you can give me.  thanks so much! ...

Tips For Those Just Starting DQS 7...smg
May 15, 2012

If you don't like those panels on the side of your text screen showing, you can drag the right and left margins of text screen to widen the text screen.  You can also drag the upper and lower margins.    You can enlarge the size of the font and change the style of the font (which only will change it on your end, not the client's end).  I am not in the program right now, but I think it is under Tools at the top, then click on the tabs to see which one has the font ...

Anybody Starting DQS7.1
Aug 18, 2012

Did the training today. Was he speaking Greek?? I don't think I'll ever remember all of that. ...

Starting My Own Business
Aug 28, 2012

I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice on how to start my own business.  I am tired of working for 5 cents a line.  This is below minimum wage.  I did get in touch with Transcription Gear and they gave me a lot of insight on the equipment I would need.  I am looking for info here on what is a fair price per line or page fee and also how to market myself the right way.  Any advice would be appreciated. ...

Starting A New PT IC Position
Sep 01, 2012

I have a full time employee position wtih another company.  Beginning Sept 3, I will start IC for 3 days out of the week for 3-4 hours.  It pays 0.09 cpl with spaces using DocQscribe.  I figure in 3-4 hours  I will probably do 800 lines as I will probably work 3 hours.   Being that it is late in the year, do you think the extra income from Sept to December would make a huge difference in my taxes, or should I send taxes in to the IRS, and will I have to file as self ...