A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What Company Is Hiring New MT's Please/Thank you - Laura Bell

Posted: Jun 04, 2010

I have been in school for the last two years updating my computer and Transcription skills. Who is hiring New MT's

Medquist - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe Medquist is hiring for people with 1-year experience. It is so hard to get into this industry without experience; however, I do believe Transcend hires if you have been in medical transcription training (actual schooling for MT, not just classes).

mtmom - Ex-MQ

[ In Reply To ..]
You will really want to do some good background research (including the transcriptionists' lawsuit) about this company before you even consider going there. Personally, I would clean toilets before I would ever work for MQ again.

Focus, possibly - Focus MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I spoke to another MT who was recently hired by Focus and she said she was a new graduate and they had put her on an easy account. This is purely anecdotal and I don't know anything else about her status or Focus's hiring position on newbies, but you might try there.

Your school will know who hires their graduates - The Best Way

[ In Reply To ..]
Just talk to your school. The schools always know which of the employers hire their graduates. Of course if they don't have any MTSOs that will hire their graduates, that would be a problem. Hopefully that's not the case with your school, because if it is, the answer is, probably nobody is hiring new MTs.

That's definitely a problem - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

What Does It Mean When A Company Is Hiring
Jan 17, 2012

for that company or MQ?  I'm confused on a recent ad that I thought of applying to.  It says part of MQ, but lists another company name.  Are they entities of MQ or ?  Does anyone know?  TIA ...

I Just Found Out That My Company Is Hiring Sm
Jan 18, 2010

a couple hundred MTs in the next couple of months. Apparently, they got several MQ hospitals. Good for me, not so good for MQ. ...

My Company Is Hiring When I Don't Have Enough Work
Mar 31, 2011

Perfect, just perfect, lol. Amphion by the way. ...

Out Of Work, Yet Company Still Hiring - I'm Thinking
Jan 07, 2014

I'm thinking of sending my resume in to my current job, since they're hiring, for part-time work, since I'm sitting in front of my computer without work.  I don't understand why this happens.   AND....to all those applying and getting hired at said company that keeps running out of work yet continues to hire, if I started a job and soon after ran out of work, that would be a huge red flag, and I think I would move on.   ...

Radiology Jobs - Any Company Hiring ?
May 13, 2014

I wanted to ask if anyone knows or works for a company hiring for radiology transcription, even if its editing??  ...

Company Hiring For MT Inhouse Just Gave Me A Call
Sep 29, 2010

Paying 15.00 an hour.  It is temp to hire. Hours 8 am to 5 pm, Unfortunately, I already have an inhouse day shift job.  They asked if I knew anyone who would be interested.  Couldn't think of a soul. ...

Doesn't Company Hiring IC Need SS And 1099 Filled Out?
Sep 26, 2012

Hi, I am new to the independent contractor thing, but shouldn't a company that has "hired" you as an independent contrator have your SS and a 1099 filled out by you?   Just wondering as it seems to me this is necessary and since it is not being done, it makes me wonder about this company that much more, espcially since others have stated they have not been paid by this company.   I guess if they are not planning on paying me they don't need a 1099 or SS# huh?  ...

Calif Transcription Riverside, CA- Any Info On This Company? Are They Hiring? TIA
Dec 07, 2009

nm ...

Company Provided Computer Other Than MM And Nuance? Precyse Not Hiring Now.
Jul 18, 2014

Nuance not paying me enough to afford my own computer.   ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

DSG - If They Are Hiring?
Jun 16, 2011

Anyone know if they are hiring? ...

SS Hiring Ad
Feb 04, 2011

Softscript hiring ad AGAIN - I had a total of 2 out of 4 days of work.  I am only part-time, but I wonder how the full-timers feel, if they are out of work and then see the hiring ad.  ...

Is DSG Still Hiring IC At All
Mar 20, 2011

Is DSG still hiring IC at all.  I see they have an ad for employees for MT. ...

HUH MQ Hiring?
Sep 05, 2011

WTF is going on?  I am no longer an MT, but I still care about a lot of people who are still TRYING to work at the Q.  Just popped over to mtjobs and the Q has an ad on there for MTs wishing to embark on a world class....etc.  It's unacceptable that the Q doesn't let anyone know what is going on at the MT level, starve out all the experienced ones they "acquired," then offshore to Inida and hire a bunch of newbies.  I don't have any idea what sort of game they ...

TTS Hiring Again?
Mar 06, 2012

I want to work a part time job to supplement my other part time job at Nuance because sometimes there is no work.  I see an opening at TTS but when reviewing posts about TTS it sounds like a bad place to work with incompetent recruiters and managers.  It seems 95% of the posts are bad regarding TTS.  I am leery about working for a company that keeps advertising for help, especially if it isn't a large one like Nuance or MQ.  Is this a good company where there is work or ...

TTD Hiring Again!
Jun 05, 2012

Why is this company advertising again? I don't get it?  ...

Anyone REALLY Hiring
Oct 05, 2012

Are any decent MTSOs actually hiring ICs... and I mean IC in the traditional meaning of the word; not locked into some arbitrary schedule design, but a daily line committment.  I have 10 years experience.  The company I was working for no longer has the account I was working on.  They have given me some pick up work here and there, but I can't live on $100 a week or less from odd jobs while they find something new and steady. They estimate it may take 60-90 days for that to h ...

Anyone Really Hiring?
Nov 16, 2012

Does any one know of a company that is TRULY hiring?   The small company I worked for no longer has the account I was.  They have nothing steady for me to do right now.  Christmas is coming and I have 5 kids and everything is going wrong (septic tore up, car tore up, etc.).   There are tons of posts for Nuance, Softscript, etc.... (tho I prefer a small company that actually cares about its MTs)  I apply, I test, I don't hear anything back.  I have 10 ...

TTS Hiring
Jan 31, 2013

How is TTS (Transcription, Technology & Support) to work for as far as enough work, QA, and overall being a reputable company?  I am guessing you do not make much money since it is all voice recognition.  Just curious, because it seems like they have an ad every day, sometimes twice a day, looking for 2nd shift MTs. ...

Is Anyone Hiring??
Feb 07, 2013

Holy cow! I have been an MT for about 4 years now. I am looking for a new job and have sent my resume EVERYWHERE! No calls, emails, or anyhthing. Is this industry going in the toilet completely now? ...

How Is It That They Are Hiring?
Feb 21, 2013

MM has ads placed as few as 12 hours ago, 1 day ago, etc., to hire MTs. I would like to respond to these ads and say "um, hello?! I already work for you...wanna throw some of that work my way?!" It's maddening! ...

Anybody Know If AHD Is Still Hiring?
Feb 27, 2014

Saw an ad by them from this past January and curious if positions are all filled at this time. Anybody know? ...

TransTech, If You're Hiring
Oct 13, 2009

some part-timers anyway, why not offer weekends to part-timers and offer some Mon-Fri shifts for the experienced full-time MTs you're trying to get.....  That's about the only way you're going to get many experienced quality MTs.  And there are always plenty of MTs looking for part-time weekend work as a 2nd job.  ...