A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

no more NJA reason for insufficient hours - ginger

Posted: Jul 31, 2013

just heard that we will no longer be able to use nja as a reason for not getting the minimum required hours in per week. if you fail to meet min. requirements for 3 weeks in a row, performance assessment will start. you will have to switch hours or make up hours, but you will no longer be able to use nja as a reason why you do not get all your hours in. That ain't my problem. If I am scheduled to work 9-5 m-f and there isn't any work, they shouldn't expect me to change my hours and days in order to accommodate them......just let me off the hook for those hours and leave it at that...no work, no pay unless I WANT to change my hours or make up work. I have a feeling too many people have started signing up for unemployment and they finally took notice and that is why they are changing this policy...

Where did you hear this? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

TSM - TSM

[ In Reply To ..]
TSM

Well got news for them, thats not legal - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Have they not heard of the FSLA? If I sign on for a shift, as they now require permanent working hours,they have to pay me at minimum wage, at least, I would almost argue at my current benefit rate. If we were still flexible, which I much prefer, then it is all on us. They changed the rules, and they have to abide by them now.
you're right - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You can't pay people on production and provide them nothing to produce. That is illegal. Similarly, you can't have people putting in 60 hours of waiting to meet 40 hours. That, too, is illegal. Someone should nail this company.
We MTs should do everything we can to get - them nailed & shut down. nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Sorry but that is not legal - pme

[ In Reply To ..]
If MM can't provide you hours for your scheduled shift they HAVE TO PAY YOU UE. If your mgr is telling you something different, she thinks you are stupid and will fall for it.

I will not make up time anymore or change my shift - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have documented NJA since start of year at all times of day, late at night, weekends, morning, afternoon. Even after I changed my shift. Not going to change anymore.

From an unemployment standpoint, not worried about benefits.

Yes, they may fire me, but not worried about that.

Definitely Bull though if it is true. As of last pay period, my TSM said we need to have either PTO or other allocation to equal scheduled hours. Hopefully just trying to bully you.

GRRRRR - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Have changed my hours MANY times to accommodate them and in order for me to get my 40 hours. I don't feel like I should have to change again. Let the newbies have the crummy hours. Longevity/loyalty to a company ought to account for something.

Just saying. Don't go all crazy on me.

GRRR - redmaj

[ In Reply To ..]
Anon, I agree. I have put in my time working midnights, afternoons, weekends. I just CANNOT get my hours or lines in!! I would have to sit here in front of the computer and race to try to get a job before someone else. I have a life. I dont work full time, but still need my part time earnings. I dont need the benefits, but do like working for this company. If I had to work full time and for benefits I would be totallys screwed. I feel really bad for everyone who needs this job full time. I really dont want to start all over again with another company!! My supervisor has been pretty cool about it all so far, but I havent got my hours or lines in in MONTHS because there is no work!!!

would other allocation be "released no pay" - tsm can enter that time

[ In Reply To ..]
They enter work availability release with no pay when there is no work, so if you are short 4 hours and are scheduled 24, you have 20 hours of production pay and 4 hours release with no pay, so still 24 hours.

I will not LIVE for this job - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
So far I don't run out of work for long. If I do, I will turn in an unemployment chit like many have done. They forced me to go from flex to employee status. So...If I can't come and go at will anymore, they can't either.
But yet they try - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
This is a far cry from what company policies were when I first started with them over 20 years ago. Welcome to corporate America.

Yes. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You can do that yourself on Request Leave page.

Hmmmm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Bet "they" have figured a way around your suggestion, but it sounds good to me.
NJA - FT/MT
[ In Reply To ..]
According to what I was told by my TSM, from now on there will be no release without pay. If an MT misses hours because of NJA, those hours have to be made up unless you have enough PTO to cover.
ya.. I don't think they can do that. - sam I am
[ In Reply To ..]
Not even in the policy and procedures like that... how can they enforce it?
what region? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Have heard nothing about this from my TSM.
report it to the dept of labor - just plain against the law
[ In Reply To ..]
NJA - FT/MT - Sad MT
[ In Reply To ..]
So, explain how they can justify this. We are not allowed to work off clock due to "labor law" to make up for any time if we tank due to difficult dictators, no work, etc., yet we have to sit and wait for hours every day for work to come in? The PT people are allowed to work up to 40 hours a week and are on morning, noon, and night depleting all the work on my accounts, despite being told REPEATEDLY not to. For those of us who abide by the rules, we should be getting paid downtime when there is no work, NOT excused absence. I am at this computer way more than 40 hours a week, clocking in and out, than I ever was before we had a time clock, and making a poverty level paycheck each pay period, BELOW the minimum wage for my state. THAT is a violation ethics, not to mention "labor law."
what on earth do you mean by that? - crazy cracker
[ In Reply To ..]
Us "part time" people who are on morning, noon and night are just trying to get in our measly part time hours in, just like you! No one is allowed to work over their hours right now unless specifically asked! I am scheduled 24. I can barely get those in, but if there is no work when I am scheduled, I have no choice but to go out of my schedule (just like you) to get my hours or I could be fired. I need my job also. Get over yourself. I need my hours just like you.
Maybe - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
My TSM often on the weekends asks for help, but only from the PT people, which is fine if there is a lot of work, but we never get an email saying work is caught up so PT stop working extra. No one likes to get on to work their normally scheduled hours having NJA knowing that there are people working extra just because they were told they can...not that I blame them, I probably would too. Maybe this is what the poster means?

I'm not sure it's legal for them to make you use PTO - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Wondering - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this their way to get rid of another group? If they make enough people mad, are they hoping they will quit?

Dirty pool.
Good point, that's a possibility - ginger
[ In Reply To ..]
You might have a point here. I was called and told that my accounts that I work on would be transferred to another TSM next week or 2 and that I would be moving with the accounts because they are trying to do some rearranging between books of business that have to many people and those that have too many accounts or something like that. That's when she told me about the new policy I wrote about in the first post.

Here is what's also crazy... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
(besides the fact I don't think this is even legal)

They are the ones who made us punch in and out on a time clock. Before all the horrible changes to the industry, you committed to a set amount of lines and made your own schedule/flexed to get them done. They forced MTs to adhere to a ridiculously strict schedule and now they've shot themselves in the foot. They can't have their cake and eat it too, though they try. "Sorry, stick to your schedule, but if we refuse to supply work, you must now work all hours of the day and night around the clock". I can't imagine that is in any way, shape, or form okay with the labor board.

I wasnt one who got a memo, but - could someone who did

[ In Reply To ..]
please contact the labor board and send it to them or fax it or read it or something?? I think they again shot themselves in the foot when they put this in writing.

IT DOES NO GOOD. You are an AT-WILL employee. - Labor Board will say, LOOK FOR ANOTHER JOB.

[ In Reply To ..]
Already done that. I am in a state that is not a right to work state and nothing can be done for At-Will employees. If you live in a right to work state, forget it, no chance. Just have to look for another job.

THE ONLY WAY TO FIGHT THIS IS TO START A UNION. The only way. Sure, unions are not the greatest, but when it comes to this company....YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION, except take the abuse and believe me, MM will treat you even worse and worse because you all want to take the abuse I guess.
Although I'm not against unions, I think our chance - to do so passed us by a while ago. (S/M)
[ In Reply To ..]
However, whether an employee is at-will or not, I don't think that factors into what is being discussed above. Yes, we have a right to quit any time, and they have a right to fire us any time. And they probably even have a right to harrass us into quitting, since they don't want to pay anyone UE. However, what's being described above is messing with hours worked, and pay for those hours worked. And yes, the Labor Board would likely be VERY interested in that, especially if it's documented. If they get the same complaint from many individuals, I don't think they'll be able to ignore it. If someone is owed back pay, or unpaid overtime, the LB can help them get their money.

I've had a set schedule for decades - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you part-time? As a full time employee with benefits I've had to work a set schedule for 25 years.

but is there work then? - no work

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't mind working a set schedule either if there's work.
There was until this past year.... - JustMe
[ In Reply To ..]
I usually stay pretty busy... knock on wood. I was only commenting because the person above said they committed to a line count but had no set schedule. I've never heard of that in all of the years I've been with the company but of course I have to have 39 hours to qualify for healthcare. I think that person must be part time without benefits or something like that.
I'm "the person". I've been in the business 25+ years - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have a college degree. Left a medical managerial position and went into this business because I am good at it, love it, and at the time it was more lucrative. Had doctors special request me because of my accuracy. Had handwritten thank-you notes for catching mcg vs mg or a 3-beat run of VT when the doctor said it was NSR. Christmas presents, personal notes, etc. And not just me. All of us were valued for being intelligent MTs.

Never had a set schedule. That's why we are/were paid on production, not hourly. Started by working on-site with DOS in the "old" computer days with the doctors themselves. If they needed something "stat" they wrote it in the chart. We are part of medical documentation. Nobody sits around for an MT to type in a computer when somebody is on a LifeFlight and can be handed a document with life or death orders hand-written by the doctor. It's still that way. Tight TAT is a ridiculous fallacy that MTSOs created when they used it in their under-bidding wars to get accounts. "Oh Nuance will do it in 24 hours? Well, we'll do it in 12".

Holidays? We rotated. Doctors, nurses, any medical personnel DO NOT WORK EVERY HOLIDAY. They volunteer or rotate. You didn't have a full staff sitting around twiddling their thumbs. Nobody was out of TAT on evenings or weekends because every company PAID A DIFFERENTIAL.

The dictator does NOT CARE about stupid BOS rules, or a semicolon, or if it was Parkinson or Parkinson's, or if the date is long form or short form. They want you to transcribe what THEY ARE SAYING. They should have the last word. Not some offshore QA. Not a company. Not QC who has no common sense but will give you a critical error because you typed an ESL who said 115/75 and you heard 116/75. UGH. I could go on and on. You have no clue.
The person - Me too
[ In Reply To ..]
I am also "the person" you describe but I moved into a "no common sense" QC position but with the same facility where I was employed as an MT. I have several things that I could say in regard to your post, the first of them is in regard to TAT. It matters. Certain things cannot be coded and billed until the dictation is in the chart, generally within 12-24 hours. JCAHO has requirements for history and physical exams being in the record in a certain time frame. Diagnostic imaging reports traditionally have a very tight turnaround time. That is why we have stat requests. Now, I have to address those ignorant QA people you mention. I can only tell you the type of errors I see; medications and medication dosages that are wrong, lab values that are wrong. I point out critical errors but I do not nitpick. Many times the provider will misspeak and it will be wrong and if we transcribed WHAT THEY ARE SAYING all the time without question or doing some research there certainly would be more critical errors. Also, I have worked for providers who were just as picky about formatting as they were about content, which is why most facilities have account specifics. I am also still the MT they ask for. In fact, I thought I was out of MT and was asked to come back and work as an MT for a specialty group who has issues with VR. I have been around as long as you, if not longer. In the real world there are set schedules. No doctor handwrites anything any more, it is not "still that way." I've been there, done that, bought the T-shirt, and I do have a clue.

make up or pto? NEITHER - ginger

[ In Reply To ..]
even if I wanted to make up my hours, how am I suppose to makeup 30 lost hours? AND when I try to make them up there still isn't any work available.
The only thing left is to try waking up at 2 in the morning to see if there is work and that isn't going to happen ever....

Tried that, no good. - Even on weekend shifts.

[ In Reply To ..]
Besides, it will kill you. I used to do that for years with this company. It ruins your life and your morale. Now? i could careless anymore what happens.

If that is true I worry about FT and keeping benefits - running out of work

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told back in October, January and again a few weeks ago that as long as I had a work availability ticket filed if I didn't hit 39 hours for that week I would still be able to keep my health insurance. I too have changed my hours and continue to run out of work. We are expressively forbidden on working outside our scheduled shifts (and even if I did there is none to be had) so there is no chance of making up hours. So now what? If I go 3 weeks in a row with less than 39 are they going to take away my benefits?

now why did I not see that coming - backup plan

[ In Reply To ..]
I should have. Should have seen that coming. So glad I have made other plans.

Like I said, you need to get all your hours in. - NO MATTER WHAT. Legal??

[ In Reply To ..]
If you do not get hours in, you will be laid off. You need to learn from the higher ups... to be greedy. You need to take and take from one another which is pathetic and sick.

I was laid off. I did not get my 24 hours in. I worked late shift and there were no jobs, even on Sat and Sun. I really did not care because I have a better part time job.

Is it legal/ethical? No, of course not, but MM has excellent lawyers who know how to do horrible acts and get away with it. YOU ARE AT-WILL employees. Company can let you go no matter what and you cannot take any legal action against them. I was laid off FOR NO REASON. I was told I was an excellent employee in their eyes and TSM had NO IDEA WHY I WAS LAID OFF or why I was targeted.

YOU ALL NEED TO START A UNION. It should have been done years ago. The only way you are going to fight the abuse you take is to join together and form a union. You cannot get fired. Unions were formed because of companies like MM years ago, but companies wised up and started treating their employees better. MM is wicked and needs to be stopped in their tracks of how they can treat their employees. Only way is seriously to form a union. NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED if a Union was formed back when CBay came in to play, but most of you said no and now look what is happening.

WHAT??? WHAT IS THE COMPANY EXCUSE - FOR NO WORK!!!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
YOU SUCK MMODAL. YOU SUCK!

maybe this is just your team - no memo here

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if this isn't just your TSM making up her own rules, since most of us have not been told this.

I feel you...s/m - ???

[ In Reply To ..]
My power went out on a Friday afternoon once. My whole block was out for at least 90 minutes. Not in my control! I had to make up that 90 minutes at the end of my shift, not PTO. Um, I can't control the electricity/cable going out. I felt like I was being punished for it. Either had to work the 90 minutes past my shift or go w/o lines for that time out. GRRR. I worked it but hello! I do have a life outside MT. Sometimes I feel they expect us to be available 24/7. No outside job is like unless you're a doctor on-call. No sick of it. My shift is my shift and if there's work great, if not that's not my fault and I shouldn't have to "flex" all the time. Not to mention my last QA score went down 1 percent point and dropped from tier 4 to tier 1, which I averaged out to 37 cents an hour less. It adds up. That's why I sent out a resume this morning. Fingers crossed!

Upset Mmodal MT - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
Who did you apply for? I have sent out 3 in the last 24 hours. I have been here over 22 years with M*modal. It was great back in the '90s and got to raise my kids. You know, if they only would stop micromanaging so much and paying all these people unnecessarily regarding our production, we could have a little raise, maybe? I think we all know how to produce, it's because of their treatment that causes us all to have bad attitudes. It's so wrong.

Tier 4? - ANON

[ In Reply To ..]
Thought M-Modal had only tier 1, 2 and 3. What is a tier 4?
Please enlighten us.

why the dislike - iamt

[ In Reply To ..]
What's to dislike? She/he is just wondering what a tier 4 is. I, too, have never heard of this and thought that there were only 3 tiers.
Yep, ridiculous comment to dislike. Would like to know, too. - Warning: Contrarians At Large
[ In Reply To ..]
Never heard of a tier 4 either, what the hey? Kid's just asking for some info.
you must be new - oldiies
[ In Reply To ..]
You must be new in the transcription business. Things were so different, even 10 years ago. Best of luck, and prayers to you.

Tiers in my MTSO...s/m - ???

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Amphion. Their tier system (if I'm correct) is based on QA%.

1 is 98.8 to 99.1
2 is 99.2 to 99.5
3 is 99.6 to 99.9
4 is 100% (so pretty much perfect).
Oh, ok! Thanks the reply! I think some of us MMers - were a bit confused! nm
[ In Reply To ..]
:)
Comes to mind - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the clarification.

Just thinking "nobody is perfect, not even a perfect fool." Don't know where my dad heard that but think of it often.

Similar Messages:

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Reason For So Much
Oct 03, 2012

I have read countless articles today that state that the reason that so much MT work is being outsourced is b/c there are lack of MTs on the US side working in the industry.  I love when the uneducated write these articles.  They are totally missing the entire reason work is outsourced, MONEY.  There would be plenty US based MTs to do the work provided we were paid what we are worth.  The reason the work even went over to India and other countries is b/c it is cheaper for the ...

There IS A Reason MQ Has Cut Pay Now. They Have 3 Days And
Dec 25, 2010

x ...

One Reason I Don't See Doctors
Apr 03, 2012

How's this for arrogance: "In the past she had been given this medication, which she had declined due to reading the package insert, so I advised her not to read package inserts and just use the medication as prescribed." ...

Another Reason Why Offshoring Is Bad For Everyone
Jun 08, 2012

Last year my relatives started getting calls from a collection agency saying I owed a Payday loan and would go to jail, etc. if I did not pay up. Needless to say this was quite disturbing as I had no idea what was going on and these people had all my info. I talked to a lawyer who said it was a scam from India. A link is below. Of course Americans can rip you off too but sending confidential info overseas is just asking for trouble. This is probably just the tip of the iceberg http://w ...

Rhyme Or Reason? There Is None
Aug 15, 2013

when terminating employees. I have seen employees with more experience than me terminated. I have no work and only have 1 account, surprised I am not out the door. I think I will just continue to work when I can, an hour or less a day, until they say no more. ...

Is There A Reason Given For The Terminations
Sep 11, 2013

I haven't been to MTStars much lately and noticed some are talking about being terminated.  Are you given a reason for the termination?  I scraped by my last evaluation (this percentage you have to keep is scary no matter how they tell you the scoring is changed).  Scared silly I'll be terminated because don't want retire until I'm 65 (getting close) and too old to start looking for a home job again because I can't work outside the home anymore.   Wha ...

Why I HATE MY JOB, Reason #999
Nov 25, 2013

FIRST report out of the box, no name, but there IS an ACCOUNT NUMBER! So, let's see, how many ways can we spell this name to see if we can find it. Should I try? Well, I decide to write a pend note and then try a few spellings afterwards. I get to MEDICATIONS section. He invented a new medication! He says TOPEPENEX. Huh? It printed TOPAMAX. Okay, since I don't have a degree in pharmacology, do I look up what Topamax is for? Does he mean XOPENEX? WELL, I CAN'T look it up o ...

....another Reason To Move On From MT/ME
Mar 18, 2014

I found this VERY INTERESTING, and since nobody has brought this up on the boards, thought I'd "share"...I saw a job posting on a job seeker's board that had the audacity to offer .... 0.02 cents per TEMPLATED RPT....WELL, JUST FRIGGIN FANTASTIC...another way to SCREW w/our pay...REALLY?????????   ...

Wonder If The Reason There's A Lot Of Work In Some
Jun 10, 2014

regions is because they brought some work back here to make it look good in bankruptcy court -- like see, we're providing jobs in the U.S. ...

Is There A Reason Why Some Companies Pay
Jun 24, 2014

their workers only once a month?  Does it benefit them financially or something.  Just offered a job but they pay only once a month and by the time I start, I wouldn't get a paycheck until mid August.   ...

Maybe This Is The Reason We Are All Out Of Work
Aug 14, 2014

Found this on MT Forum India 06-03-2014, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 11:45 AM by idrissuhail.) Post: #1   idrissuhail  Trainee Posts: 1Joined: May 2014 HUge Openings with Nuance with Excellent Package Greetings from Nuance Communications IncHiring Season Started with Nuance.MT, Sr MT, QC, MLS candidates can apply. Candidates can work as HBE, OBE and Temporary Basis (4 hours/day)Best Salary with ...

What Could Be The Reason For Odd Line Counts?
May 12, 2010

According to the Escript, I'm doing an average of 300 lph on VR but usually at the end of 8 hours, I don't top 1100 liines most days.  On Dictaphone's ExSpeech, i used to consistently do 1800-2400 a day on a combination. I have noticed with EScript that 1 day a week, my lines will hit 1200-1300, and I even hit 1500 one  day, yet the lph were still 300.  It doesn't make sense. No, I do not take breaks.  Half the time I don't stop ...

Another Reason To Leave MT Field.
Aug 03, 2010

In our speech machines in DocQmanage Enterprise Platform, we can either go to  member longin or "About DocQment Enterprise Platform". In DocQment Enterprise Platform  it actually states "Solutions include interactive speech recognition for clinician SELF-EDITING" and shows a picture of 2 doctors looking at a computer screen editing.  Then go to upper right and open up Duke Primary Care and the case study.    Duke Primary Care improves their process with SpeechQ. Rea ...

Yet Another Reason It's Unwise To Offshore
Jul 13, 2011

Look at what just happened in Mumbai today.  Three terrorist bombs in the busiest business sectors, killing 20 people and injuring scores of others.   Something that seems to happen from time to time, currently being blamed on their rival, Pakistan.  (Another favorite U.S. offshoring destination).  Those blasts could have just as easily hit one of our MTSOs' main offices, servers, IT techs, QA, etc. over there.  There just isn't the same level of security ...

Maybe Part Of The Reason We Can't Find A Job
Sep 28, 2012

We've been talking here about how we put in applications for non-MT jobs and never hear anything? Well, Career Builder has a tool now that shows how many applications a position has received.  Every one that I applied for had over 200 applications, which is the highest level they have, 200+.  Might explain a little bit. ...

The Reason They Started Out By Showing Us
Oct 16, 2012

was just to let you know not to go anywhere because eventually they will swallow that company, too. ...

For Some Reason, I Am Not Grasping ICD-10 Flags...
Jun 11, 2013

I am going into the 3rd chapter of Step-by-Step Coding 2013, but the flags are a bit confusing.  Also, the first-listed Dx can be a bit hard to grasp.  Will this get easier?  Guess I just need some encouragement...  I find that I understand it to a point, but if I take my mind off it for only a moment, then I am not getting it.  Wish I could have afforded Andrews, but I have to make the best of what I have - which is a lot really - complete access to tons of information ...

Possible Reason Only Some MTs Got Back Wages
Aug 08, 2013

My employer, who has several VA contracts, was audited by the DOL last year.  The findings of the audit were that the employer should have been paying us the prevailing hourly wage because the contracts were federal government contracts.  Many people got back pay for the period of time for which the books were audited, but not everyone did because the DOL only audited one of our accounts.  Even though all the rest of the MTs were paid exactly the same way (on a production basis), ...

Today's Reason For No Work
Sep 06, 2013

happy new year!  Slapped in the face again.  *blech* ...

I Guess There Is A Reason To Cut Our PTO...Can't Even Take A Vacation When You Want One Anyway.
Sep 12, 2013

nm ...

You're The Reason My Income Sucks.
Mar 30, 2014

Ask anyone what's happened to earnings in this field over the last 10 years.  If you have a penchant for the macabre, try the last 20 years.  I won't bother with the details because you already know them. Well, you put up with it, didn't you? While the population of ESL dictators exploded and VR came on the scene, while the sheer number of medical devices, instruments, procedures, tests and other terminology we deal with doubled and then tripled, while benefits were hac ...

To CA MTs: I Was Told The Reason I Was Laid Off (along With Others) Is That
Jun 04, 2014

MM was laying off a lot of PT MTs. I accepted that since I have always passed their ridiculous 98% (and higher) audits and always worked my shift, etc. So no reason to fire me. However, I've been wondering if the real reason (since I see there are still PT MTs here) is that they don't want any employees from California (or any other state where the minimum wage is too high in their eyes). What do you all think? Are there any FT or PT CA MTs from MModal still working for MModal? ...

Another Reason For Dr's To Double-check Their Reports
Jul 19, 2013

This woman underwent 7 months of chemo for breast cancer and didn't even have it!! The dr. misread the PET CT scan - and what, no one else caught it in 7 months? I think this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as medical malpractice goes, and I don't think her settlement was near enough!! ...

Very Interesting, Another Reason My Counts Are Higher During The Day.
Jul 21, 2014

I normally work nights and get the worst dictators and horrid ASR. Of course, the worst dictators are usually the low man on the totem pole and get the worst coverage. At least, that is my experience from everywhere I have worked. Plus you get the sleepy doctors that can barely move their mouths in between yawns. I also only rarely get operative reports. On the few occasions I have needed to work a day shift, in addition to much better dictation, I get a lot of operative reports (I am tie ...

The Reason For The Low Work Loads Is Multifactorial.
Dec 10, 2014

Let's say Nuance acquires a hospital account and 9 or 10 MTs fall for their line of crap and come on board with Nuance.  These MTs are kept  busy for awhile, usually only as long as it takes to get the VR adequately trained because entire workypes are now being completed in, like, half the time than it took to complete them with straight typing. Some worktypes, like many associated with ERs, are converted to front-end EHR and avoid arriving in anyone's queues at all, in any ...

A Reason Not To Complain About Crap (hard) Jobs
Dec 29, 2009

Don't you get it...these cannot be done by ILPs or by machine alone.  In 3-4 yrs these so-called crap jobs will be the ONLY reason a few MTs will even be needed; all else will be totally automated, and even ILPs will not be required, unless they learn to do crap jobs. Learn to live with it or train for something else.  It's just the writing on the wall.  Don't bash me, I don't love it, I'm just being realistic.  I'll do them because I'm n ...

The Final Straw, The Only Reason I Have Stayed So Long
Apr 02, 2010

I just received a letter from Medquist saying they will no longer be offering Kaiser Insurance which I have had for years.  That means starting all over finding a doctor and having insurance that doesn't cover anything.  I was with Blue Cross before Kaiser and nothing was covered.  It's a scam. ...