A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

capitalizing first letter after period - frustrated mt

Posted: Sep 21, 2010

Is there any easy way to capitalize after the period rather than deleting the letter and making it caps?  Thanks.

CTRL + K - ym

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

capitalizing - frustrated mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much!

capitalizing after a period - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
From DocQScribe there is a function - I believe it's in "Tools." You can go in there and put a check mark to capitalize after a period.

In alt E (expansions), check "cap 1st word of sentence" - Alt K will cap and uncap with to - good luck

[ In Reply To ..]
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Similar Messages:

Capitalizing First Letter Of Sentences
Jul 21, 2011

I was just wondering if anybody out there knows how to switch back and forth between capitalizing the first letter of sentences and not capitalizing.  This is a problem when I go to type H. pylori or C. difficile, because it keeps capitalizing the "Pylori" and "Difficile".  Of course, I asked Support, but they said there was no way to change it.  I just wondered how you guys handle this.  Appreciate any help!! ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

What Does The BOS 3 Say About Capitalizing Departments?
Aug 25, 2012

I keep seeing arguments about how you do not cap departments unless preceded by a clinic or hospital name and some say according to BOS3 you do cap them now. ...

Opinion On Capitalizing....
Sep 10, 2012

Is it Cardiology Service, Pain Service, etc., or Cardiology service, Pain service? It's a specific entity, but "service" to me looks unnecessarily capitalized.... some days, I doubt everything I do... lol   ...

Capitalizing Department Name
Nov 07, 2013

Would you capitalize "Plastics" (as in Plastic Surgery) because it is a department name?  I'm wondering since it is kind of like a slang term. ...

Capitalizing Departments
Nov 26, 2014

When typing "Specimens were submitted to the toxicology laboratory or toxicology department" do you capitalize toxicology?  I'm confused and even with my BOS, it's confusing.  To me, you wouldn't because it's general to any place and would be more of a common noun, right? ...

Capitalizing Informed Consent
Dec 08, 2009

When typing informed consent my microsoft word wants me to capitalize these as "Informed Consent". Is this correct? My sentence reads, After informed consent, the patient was placed>>>>>> Thanks ...

ISR Not Capitalizing First Word In Sentence.
Sep 25, 2014

Anyone else having this a lot lately? It just seems that this should be something very easy for the ISR and yet it is continually NOT capitalizing the first word in a sentence - makes editing slow and tedious because of this glitch at times, because you can never trust it. You would think that would be one of the easier things for the ISR to do, so why is this continuing to be a problem I wonder? Just when I think the ISR is starting to get better with certain dictators and almost back to wher ...

Anyone Else Noticing That VR Is Suddenly Capitalizing
Jun 15, 2015

wasn't capping before?  WTH?  Is this just another sneaky way to catch us on medication errors, which happen to be nice 3-points-off errors that I am sure they love?  I suggest everyone double check all meds now, even though it takes extra time.  I myself do know which are or are not capped for a lot of meds, but not all of them, and it is very easy to let one slip....I think I let one slip on my last report!  Waiting for the email telling me I failed and then the h ...

Have I Been Capitalizing Things Wrong All These Years?
Oct 17, 2013

I've always capitalized emergency room or clinic when it came after the proper noun, such as St. Mary's Emergency Room or St. Mary's Hospital, etc, since it is a specific name of a specific place.  I have just been dinged by an MME that it should be St. Mary's emergency room and St. Mary's hospital.  Have I been doing it wrong all these years?  According to some grammar sites, I'm correct, but have they changed things? ...

PTO Per Pay Period
Dec 09, 2011

Just got off the utilipro site and can't seem to see where it is listed the # of hours of PTO I get per paycheck.  I am a FT employee and have been with the company 6 years already, but I can't find this info.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Period Or No Period
Jan 03, 2013

Hi.  I know I am going to get ripped for these questions.  However, I have not transcribed in a while and I cannot remember if mg, mcg should be mg., mcg.  Can someone help me update myself.  Thanks Carol.  Also, since I am asking, for postoperative diagnosis do you type " same "or do you type out what the preop was?  I would appreciate any help as there are so many different ways to transcribe it and sometimes clients have preferences.  Thanks Carol. ...

End Of Pay Period . . .
Jan 20, 2013

and I'm a little concerned.  My supervisor religiously sends out an email reminding people to approve their timecards, and this time - nothing.  I've put in the last of my PTO to cover all the hours I missed this week due to NJA (which is basically a failure of management to staff accounts correctly), and she still hasn't approved it.  She usually has by this time.  My concern is that MModal is going to start pulling stunts like some of these other c ...

End Of Pay Period
Jan 30, 2013

This is to those MTs who do next to nothing for most of the pay period and then the last 2 days decide to make up all of their lines.  It really screws those of who show up every day and work our full day.  I've spent more time hitting the "get next job" today than I've transcribed lines.  I looked back at the last 5 pay periods and every single one of them on the last 2 days of the pay, I was barely able to make my lines. If you're going to be a slacker then just ...

$161.00 This Pay Period
Jul 25, 2013

Welp....at least I can make my car payment.....Food?  Food banks here I come! ...

Got MUP This Pay Period.
Jul 09, 2014

Low and no work, multiple accounts.  Lucky I got what I did this last payperiod.  However, early this year I got a few bucks in MUP and was told to bring my statistics up or else.  Now, I figure I will be either fired or put on probation for this.  Spent too much time signing in and out for OOW crap.  Should not hold us accountable for that, but you know how it goes. ...

How Could I Have Earned So Little This Pay Period!!!
Dec 10, 2009

I'm $200 short.  The big difference is I did more ASR this pay period.  At this rate, the rent is now at least 3/4 of my monthly earnings.  How am I going to pay the bills and still eat? Hope I can survive until I'm out of here?  Counting down - 7 more months to go until my training for a new career is finished.  ...

Probation Period
Feb 19, 2010

I am curious - I was hired by a company and am almost at my probation end period.  I have been hearing a lot from other MTs about getting laid-off and or terminated from different companies.  I wonder if I should be worried that it will happen to me.  I would hate to think the worst but ... ...

Pay Date For This Last Pay Period - Is It 04/26? Nm
Apr 25, 2010

x ...

ASR's Training Period Over
Jul 26, 2010

Why are we still having to jump through hoops -- highlight and skip marker for more than 5 words, etc.  - for the ASR?  Hasn't it had time to "learn" all it is going to learn?  It would be so much easier just to delete the crap we can't use and have to re-do instead of all the red skip markers, etc.  Anybody been told that we can just DELETE and not SKIP yet? ...

When Does The New Pay Period Start/end?
Dec 09, 2010

Just wanted to know when the end of the pay period was or beginning.  Is Monday, 12/13 start of the new pay period?  I know pay is every two weeks. ...

Two Apaces After A Period?
Feb 16, 2011

I have always double spaced after a period before beginning the next sentence but it appears that this rule may have changed in recent years?  I'm wondering whether one or two spaces is generally accepted by most transcription companies? ...

Pay Period For Nuance
Dec 18, 2011

Hello! I was just offered and accepted a position with Nuance and am supposed to start sometime this week (was supposed to get the new hire PW on Friday, but it did not arrive, hoping it will tomorrow for I really need to start working again..sigh).  Anyway, I know that the pay period runs every other Friday, but what timeframe does it cover for transcription (basically, how long will I have to wait before receiving a check) and when is the next payday.  I forgot to ask these important ...

I Just Want To Work.....period
Sep 21, 2012

First off, thanks for letting me vent because here it comes......why oh why can't I just work and stay working in this darn MT field.  I've been doing this for 10 years and I keep winding up in this exact same spot.  I have continuously worked for more than 1 MT company at a time and there have been a number of times I have had to work a 3rd MT job just to pay the bills, ya' know the basics.  I will NEVER understand how these lame MT "scam" schools can eve ...

It Is Now The End Of This First Week Pay Period.
Dec 29, 2012

I pray to God this company goes under. ...

How Much Leave Do We Get Each Pay Period?
Jan 02, 2013

I just used a bunch coming into the new year and Im loaded up again..Last company I worked for took mega line counts to get leave and I never got any paid leave, this is crazy.. Not that Im complaining ...

One Space After Period Now
Mar 01, 2013

I love how they advertise that they pay for spaces, yet now (after the eBTXT conversion) the drafts are coming in with 1 space after periods.  It looks all run together, of course, not to mention making it more difficult to read as you're editing. ...

It Used To Be After The Last Day Of The Pay Period, There Would Be Work Sm
Oct 16, 2013

the next day but now there are still only crumbs. I can only guess that OTI is doing their usual overstaffing of accounts. Sad. ...

Spaces After A Period And Pay
Feb 27, 2015

Is there a difference in pay when there is 1 space after a period as opposed to 2. If you are paid for spaces I am thinking this could make a difference. ...

I'm New To MQ- Does The Pay Period End Today Or Tomorrow For The
Dec 14, 2009

They say the new pay period begins on a Sunday, so I was just wondering.  TIA I'm also going to have to teach myself how to use TimeWorks or what ever the clocking system is called.  Is this difficult? ...