A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why don't they pay training pay for learning a new acct, so cheap - nm

Posted: May 29, 2013

I got switched to another acct (not my idea) and it has 24 pages of rules and I don't get paid training pay to learn this new acct. So I went from making 450 lines per hour to 160 lines per hour so in essence, making around $6.00 an hour and the QA's gripe when you don't spend your time looking up something through the 24 pages of new acct rules.  Hey MM if you want us to spend hours looking up something before we learn the acct well then PAY US TO DO IT! CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP.

They can do what they want too.....nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

at least you only have one new account - I got dumped into over 20

[ In Reply To ..]
Plus my original 7!

Same here... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
FutureNet? Now on a total of 29 accounts.

No access to prior reports, few samples but told to decrease the amount we send to QA for questions, now only being able to load 2 documents instead of 3 at a time, and difficulty in getting feedback from MMEs. With all these negative changes, my line count has plummeted.

I have 40 accounts - but i never run out of work!

[ In Reply To ..]
Which is better, who can say

Similar Messages:

New Acct - Training? Why?
Aug 24, 2010

I am starting a new acct tomorrow.  I sure hope I dont have to go through training.  We never have been trained on the cesspool that we get, we just get new accts when our regular work is caught up, so why do we need training on a new account?  That is ridiculous.  MQ, please just let me work and make a living.  Stop with all this changing CCMs and assigning new accts.  This coming pay check I probably will have 2 days on it if that much.  Geez.. ...

Voice Recognition Training And Learning
May 21, 2012

Hi everyone.  I hope you are all having a good start to this week.  I was informed today that I will be required to train to do voice recognition editing.   I am very, very apprehensive.  My company is willing to pay per hour while I am learning this but is editing a hard thing to learn ??    I appreciate any feedback you can give me.   Thank you and if this post is in the wrong place, I am sorry.  Thanks again.  ...

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

Mmodal--cheap
May 29, 2012

Too bad MModal is too cheap to send us out hard copies of everything we need to know rather than having us use our own ink to print everything.  And why should we have to watch a video to learn how to use Remedy?  Who has time for that?  If we watch the video, then we get criticized for the time spent not working!  We just can't win. ...

How Can I Get MS Office 2003 CHEAP?
Dec 01, 2010

My new employer requires no higher than MS Office 2003, and I need to buy a computer - they all come with Office 7!  What do I do?? ...

Does Anyone Know Where To Get Foot Pedals Cheap?
Sep 21, 2011

My USB foot pedal has gone out on me. Does anyone know where to get foot pedals cheap? I could look all over the web but that could take forever! A friend told me about MooreDictation.com but I don't know if they are the cheapest. Does $48.80 sound good for an IN-USB-2 ?   ...

Need Help Finding Best Spellchecker To Download (cheap?)
Jul 11, 2011

I need to download a spellchecker today.  I have gotten recommendations for Stedmans, but it is $99.  Wondering if there is a source to download it less expensively and/or if there are recommendations for other spellcheckers available for download.  Thank you! ...

Cheap (or Free) Expansion Program?
Apr 25, 2014

I work full time for a company where I am on a platform with a built in expander program, but I recently started picking up jobs for a friend's company when she gets too busy and her staff can't keep up with it. All of the work there is done on Word and would be so much easier if I had an expansion program. The problem is, I don't want to pay $150 for a program that I only will use once or twice a month at most. Does anyone know of a program that is really cheap or free?  ...

Where Can I Find A GREAT (but Cheap) Ergo Keyboard?
Jun 22, 2011

I know they have sales from time to time...do any of you know of a great sale that you can share with me?  I really would love to have an ergonomic keyboard again.  I used to have a Microsoft one that I loved years ago...but sadly my son spilled pop on it and I never replaced it. Thank for letting me know! Felicia ...

Cheap (preferably Free) Virus Protection
Apr 22, 2013

For my personal computer, don't do MT on it.  Do buy Norton for the one I work on.  Any suggestions? ...

Found A Great Cheap Word Expander
Nov 16, 2014

I just wanted to share.  I was looking for a good word expander that would let me copy my Word autocorrect words over into it and would be running in the background on other programs, not just Word.  I didn't have a lot of $ to spend. I found Breevy and it has worked great and is $34.95 to purchase.  You get a 30-day free trial though.  I just wanted to let you gals know.  Best wishes to all and Happy Thanksgiving ahead of time!!   ...

Are There Any Companies That Have Good Health Insurance And Fairly Cheap? Sm
Feb 03, 2011

I go to the doctor a lot and have a lot of prescriptions, so I need a company that has good health insurance, and hopefully doesn't charge a lot for it.  I used to work at OSi and was thinking about going back there, but another poster on here said their insurance is $1000 a month for family!!!  Thanks for your help!      ...

Free Or Cheap Line Count Program Needed
Jun 11, 2011

does any one know of a simple to use free or at least cheap line count program? ...

Is VR Really Learning?
May 19, 2011

Seriously...  I cannot for the life of me figure out what the doc was saying at one point, but VR inserted that the patient had a "menstrual valley illness"...  Glad I never had that!    ...

VR Learning
Aug 05, 2011

In a training on EditScript today, we were told in editing a report to change the whole word that is wrong, not just change on letter, for example, if it puts sever and the word is supposed to be severe, to change the whole word, not just add the e.  The trainer said that the system learns better that way.  So my question is, and I would have asked her if I had thought of it at the time, does VR learn when we use word expansions.  Is it learning from the keystrokes we use or from ...

Learning To
May 12, 2012

Please read my message on main board about learning to tweet.  I think we could make a difference with social media. ...

Put On New Acct
Dec 14, 2011

Has anyone else had to change supervisors and accounts because of low work.  I just wanted to know if I was the only one. ...

New Acct
Nov 04, 2012

Is anyone supposed to start on the new acct that goes live tomorrow?  First name of acct begins with an S.   Thanks! ...

Being Put On A New Acct.
Dec 14, 2012

Anyone out there in Nuance world just absolutely refuse to work on a new acct? ...

Learning A New Field
Mar 03, 2010

What would be the best way to get into another field? I have been doing neurology now for about 6 years and I am very interested in getting into something else, and really this is the only field I know because I havent had practice with anything else.  Im just getting kind of bored with the neurology lingo.  If I were to apply for a job that is hiring in a different field, would they consider me a "newby"? Has anyone ever been hired for a field they have no ex ...

I Hate Learning This Way
Apr 01, 2010

I wish somebody would figure out a way to train new hires other than setting them down with only a few hours training and letting them type their entire shift without a word from anyone, only to have QA come in the next morning and correct all the reports. I hate learning this way, I do something wrong, spell something about the facility wrong, all night long only to learn the next day that it is wrong. It is such a waste of my and my QAs time to do it this way, it sucks. And heaven forbid you h ...

Learning Coding
Jan 30, 2012

Is there any coder out there who has 'self-taught' themselves and successfully passed the CCS and working?  I'm an MT whose so ready to change to coding, but keep putting it off schooling due to being financially strapped (as MT'ing just barely pays the simple bills.....nothing more).  I also think being an MT will put me at an advantage in learning coding than someone 'off the street'/no knowledge of any facet of the medical field.  Any thoughts? ...

Learning E/m Coding And....(sm)
Jun 17, 2012

I have been trying to find a downloadable/printable version of the "E and M documentatinoadn coding worksheet in aqua and gray."  Hoping someone can help me! ...

I'm Excited About Learning Something New
Sep 11, 2012

I'm getting everything together to start on a new path. I've been impressed with so many of you who have taken on a new career even though you, like me, are well out of your 30s and 40s. I am inspired by people I've met on here who are changing their lives. I've seen you say that it scares you, but you're doing it anyway. I really have to respect that. Congratulations to all of us! ...

Learning New Specialty
Nov 14, 2012

Hey I am possibly going to interview with a Cancer Institute and I have no experience in this area. I am a 7 year medical transcriptionist and had a 7 year job in a small pediatric clinic for 4 doctors. What should I do to prepare if I work here and what things should I study and bring with me to work if I get the job? ...

Learning To Dictate The RIGHT WAY?
Jun 04, 2013

I am an experienced nurse practitioner with seven years of experience. Now that I am working in an acute care environment, I am required to dictact all of my consultations. I have a template from which I am dictating. But from the results of my transcriptions, I could use some help from medical transcriptionists on how to dictate the RIGHT WAY. Of course, I was never taught how to dictate. I was taught how to use the telephone to dictate, but I was never taught the right way to dictate clearly ...

Learning Curve>>
Aug 07, 2013

??How long do you give yourself when you start a new company to be up to snuff!  I don't know if it's because I'm a senior MT (not unlike a senior dog you try to train) and I just am having a real hard time with the making any money.  I hate demographics that waste my time and there are a lot of them.  Also a lot of new types of work I haven't done in years. Need advice because I'm not even making minimum wage.  It's just been a month - but I fee ...

Learning Curve
Oct 06, 2013

How long would you give yourself to be "trained" on an account. The company I work for has us switching all over the place and I cannot get proficient on one work type. Been there three months and barely averaging $8.00 an hour when I'm stuck on that work type. Any advice. I am thinking of jumping ship....... ...

It Doesn't Seem Like Anyone Is Learning
Mar 25, 2014

This is a two-sided message. It is painfully obvious that no one is learning anything from having failed audits. This being said, I think there are a few sides to this. First, the error weights are harsh for a lot of small errors. Second, the error weighs are not harsh enough for other errors. Third, and most importantly, no one seems to be taking the time to learn anything from the audits/feedback in order to improve themselves and their work, which leads me to what I would do if ...

NJA SA2 Trying To Get Back-up Acct...am I The Only One?nm
Nov 17, 2009

nm ...