A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Terminations/Lay-Offs - Concerned

Posted: Apr 04, 2013

After trying to have enough work today, barely having it, my stomach is in knots.  As a single mother I cannot function any longer with the burning in my stomach from this place.  I was a buy-out a few months ago, where I was perfectly happy at my job.  Can someone PLEASE enlighten us and tell us the true story.  Were you making your quotas, working your shifts, any write-ups, too much time off....or were you randomly laid off/fired just because that is M Modal's way.  Every time my email "dings" my stomach drops more.   Some say laying off is the greatest thing?  No, I am a single mother who depends on a job to feed my children.  While this is not the ideal place, it pays the bills when there is work.  I have been looking for over a year now to get out, but after being in so many years, no one will look at me. 

Why not just call your TSM and ask - I personally dont believe it

[ In Reply To ..]
NOT AT ALL.

One of the laid off workers posted the TSM's name - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
and removed it after awhile. There was a TSM's name there. I saw it. Do you still think it's a hoax?

Saw it too (she posted name and region)... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, instead of commiserating with the poor MTs who posted about being laid off, some name-call and refuse to believe (why?) and immediately call LIAR LIAR. Crazy.

I saw one who used as "proof" that no one else has posted "since 2 pm". Umm...not all employees are active on this board.

Layoffs - mae

[ In Reply To ..]
This is true. I just received an email from my TSM after I sent her one regarding layoffs. It is true. Part time Tier 1 and some part time Tier 2 due to underperforming. Also, at this time she has not been told of any further layoffs

Now, see, Mae, either people will believe you - or believe you are part of the hoax

[ In Reply To ..]
I happen to believe you, but seems there are rampant disbelievers out here in cyberville.

Although an MMSE was also one laid off today... (nm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I personally believe they are doing layoffs for under performance - oldmt

[ In Reply To ..]
although I'm sure there are some on here who will swear up and down that isn't them and they were still laid off. I don't think it is just part timers or full timers but people who are not making quotas.
I made quota every week - JL
[ In Reply To ..]
and have had consistent 99% or above quality scores. I was told it was because there just wasn't enough work so they had to let the part-time employees go.. Was also told it is company wide. You can believe what you want, but I was laid off and it was not for under performance.
I'm part time and make twice my lineage and 99.5 accuracy - mtforever
[ In Reply To ..]
If I'm laid off then it is for them to save money and hire cheaper labor. I type as much as a full timer
I was told the same thing...and - Lee
[ In Reply To ..]
I have never been written up..had consistent 99% or above, and line counts. I feel bad for you JL--I know exactly how you feel. Good luck.
And you WILL believe that until it's you - being laid off. Sheesh.
[ In Reply To ..]
Easy to kick people when they're already in shock, isn't it?
Wow, what a cruel thing to post. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
...especially in light of more recent additional posts. I simply cannot fathom your motive.

Why you would take the time just to declare that those who are being laid off are in denial and were all under-performing. Wow. Just wow.

terminations/layoffs - floppy

[ In Reply To ..]
No. I was always at 99% and above for over 8 years. I have never even gotten an email or any other form of communicating that my performance was anything but excellent. Again, my manager sounded very sad and offered many apologies.

Similar Messages:

Were Last Week's Terminations
Mar 08, 2013

Because I'm kind of wondering if Thursday is their day to do that. ...

Mmodal Terminations?
Mar 08, 2013

does anyone know how many people were terminated last week? should everyone be worried they will be terminated now ...

Layoffs/Terminations
Apr 11, 2013

Think I will get the proverbial axe on Monday or Tuesday - Tuesday should be the first day of my new pay period according to my schedule.  After the corrective action for low LPH and many other things bugging me - definitely kept asking questions and when one did not answer, or answer fully, went higher, and also to HR.  I really did love this job and it makes me so angry and depressed all at once at how things have gotten so awful!  I did finally get them to finally acknowledge t ...

Is There A Reason Given For The Terminations
Sep 11, 2013

I haven't been to MTStars much lately and noticed some are talking about being terminated.  Are you given a reason for the termination?  I scraped by my last evaluation (this percentage you have to keep is scary no matter how they tell you the scoring is changed).  Scared silly I'll be terminated because don't want retire until I'm 65 (getting close) and too old to start looking for a home job again because I can't work outside the home anymore.   Wha ...

Transcend - Terminations For Errors?
Aug 22, 2011

Got a job back from the customer this week and a note from QA about an error that didn't go to customer.  But... 2 in one week. I am so embarrassed and more than a little concerned.  I think I am trying too hard to build up line count and being sloppy.  (No excuses for that, bad...me)  Not that I am making a fortune on this job, but I do not want to be terminated for quality issues.  My morale is bad enough right now without that.  Never worked so hard to make ...

CCM Lay Offs
Jun 02, 2010

My CCM just called to let me know Medquist fired her.  She was the best CCM I have ever had with the company (in terms of calling back, answering emails, etc.) and no doubt that is why the laid her off.  I have been looking for another job and now will be looking all the harder.  Medquist is shooting themselves in the foot and I hope it hurts! ...

Lay Offs?
Apr 04, 2013

I am really confused.  I just e mailed my supervisor about all of this.  It is true I have had no work today which is strange.  I will keep looking, though. ...

Lay Offs
Feb 05, 2015

Really discouraged.  Just laid off from job of 7-1/2 years with a voicemail.  Nice.  Have taken several tests, the last of which said I wasn't skilled enough for them (after 26 years?).  Got a job but terrible hours and not good reviews on company.  To be truthful, I'm not even sure I want to do this anymore.  We certainly don't make the money we used to so why I am working 7p.m. to 3 a.m. after all this time?   ...

Angiogram With Run Offs...
Jun 29, 2010

Pt is having an angiogram with runoffs....or is it run offs or run-offs?  I have found it all 3 ways. THANKS!! ...

Diskriter Lay-Offs
Apr 03, 2012

So how many others have been laid off from Diskriter?  Thinking the place is going under. ...

I Wonder If More Lay Offs Coming Today
Apr 05, 2013

Sitting here hoping the phone doesn't ring.  I personally think that in a year there will be no more US MT's, maybe shorter than that. ...

What A Concept -- Lay-offs Due To Lack Of Work
Feb 12, 2010

Earlier this week, my employer was forced to lay off MTs.  What a concept -- only keeping enough employees for the amount of work coming in.  I have worked for other less considerate employers who don't care whether or not we have to sit and wait and scrape and beg for work, (MQ, FN), and this really blows my mind.  They actually want to take care of us so that we have enough work.  Yes, it is unfortunate for those who were laid off, but only keeping the best of the best ...

It Sounds By The Posts That Lay Offs Are Not Just Part Timers But Full Time As Well
Apr 04, 2013

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, wondering who is next. ...