A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fired for low QA scores : ) - mt in NJ

Posted: Oct 15, 2009

I am a medical transcriptionist with over 15 years of experience, and I was fired today for low audit scores.  I don't know why I am happy about this.  I guess I am just relieved to get away from a company that picks apart their employees.  What are they going to do when there is no one left?  Ironically, I have worked in many big hospitals and while our reports were reviewed, this would have never happened working in a hospital.  Does anyone know what is happening to these at-home companies?  I find it to be quite ridiculous.  Thank goodness I figured it would be coming, so I have 2 other jobs lined up (part-time and full-time), and I was planning on leaving anyway.  I also am going to look for something more stable with hourly pay in a hospital.  It's just a little scary getting back out there!  : )

QA scores - old frustrated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for a company part-time and their QA was ridiculous. I would 98% and the supervisor (someone who has never done transcription) would call and chew me out. I finally quit. You can't be productive when you have to worry about every freakin' comma. They probably did you a favor. Good luck finding a job in house - I've been looking and there are very few out there. I'm seriously consider McDonald's or Wal-Mart - at the rate they are cutting our pay pretty soon it should be about there... Good Luck again!

Ahhhhhh.... - Stranger

[ In Reply To ..]
Odds are they've got newbies in there working for next to nothing and that's the real reason they let you go. Companies are getting more and more pathetic each day.

Part of the problem is a lot of QA is in India now... - I know ours is, and it sucks. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Could you share company name so we can be cautious at least - sunshine

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked a "very" short time before I quit I think it was Transform.

The work was to be verbatim (of course unless grossly wrong) but I knew it would never work out and told them why.

The entire sentences would be cutsy pie "reworded" and there was no way I would ever be able to reword it their way as I WAS NOT THEM.

It was stupid, we are not medical secretaries where we have time to rework, reword and ready for the Pulizer prize in literature.

It was just pick, pick, pick. AND, I relistened to every report before SENDING soooooo... and I feel this a must in the beginning so I am "positive" what was said, some QAs like to say, missing words and I always know better.

Our company is nitpicking QAs also...... - sickofbeingaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
We know they outsource a lot of work cheap and they have hired a load of newbies so of course, they would like to cut expenses even more by getting rid of the "old" MTs with experience and sensority. There are 3 of us for example who have been w/this company for over 10 years. They have been QAing the crap out of us. They have sent out emails regarding cutbacks, etc. also. Well, I've had about enough of this. Time for a change. I have an entirely different career picked out and will not miss being a MT.

But you know what? Getting out of the MT business is.. (sm) - MT Daze

[ In Reply To ..]
exactly what they WANT us to do. So they don't have to pay us what we're worth. So they can keep undercutting the cr@p out of each other. And so that, if our attention is directed towards another career, maybe we won't blow the whistle on them to the government and the public.

Why shouldn't they fire you for low QA? You should be embarrassed not angry. nm - Shaking my head

[ In Reply To ..]
I am still in shock that you think that you should have a job if you are not up to their standards. Shame on you. Improve your skills, be more careful and proof your work. Even McDonald's will fire you if you do sloppy work.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!! nm - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

now wait a second - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
The MT said they were terminated because of low scores. You can't determine the facts on that statement. That's like asking someone how a movie was and they said, "It stunk" and that's all. That doesn't mean the movie was bad, just THEY didn't like it.

For all anyone knows, the service just used that excuse to fire the MT 'cause they want to replace them with somebody overseas.

Thanks Snowbunny - NJ MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I completely agree :) There are so many horrible companies out there. Just to name a couple, MedQuist, and my friend had a horrible experience with SoftScript (which started out as a great job).

QA - Proud of my work

[ In Reply To ..]
I do re-read and proofread every report, making it 3 times through an entire report. I have been doing this for a long time and although that does not make my work perfect, I know it's not even half as bad as they say it is. They are picky about the tiniest things, and a lot of the so-called mistakes, in my opinion, were not mistakes. Back when I was a medical transcriptionist in a hospital, this would be thought of as insane and being way too picky to the point that QA being like that is actually hurting the hospital.

I think it's sad that..... - MTT

[ In Reply To ..]
Some QA people are just on a SERIOUS power trip and they just pick and pick for absolutely NO reason. I had a QA person that would mark off all of the time for missing a comma, a semicolon, etc. and it wasn't even that I missed them, sometimes it was VARYING OPINIONS. I never made any "medical errors" but she would give me lower QA scores from punctuation. There was so much other stuff that she would "harrass" me about and yea, that's the term for it, HARRASS, that it was almost breaking down my confidence as an MT. I finally quit and the next job I got, I was off of QA within ONE week and got glowing reviews from QA and my supervisor. I obtained a second part-time job as well and the same circumstances, off of QA very quickly with great reviews. Not sure why some people have to act so horrible when we are all just trying to make a living.

So much more than an MT :) - NJ MT

[ In Reply To ..]
And why should I hang my head in embarrassment? Will that really be productive in finding a new job and being a happy person for my children and family to be around? On top of that this company ripped me off for several jobs lately. In my opinion, people are so much more than their occupation, and I do give everything I can to my job, also.

You don't know why they fired her sm - MT30+

[ In Reply To ..]
You don't know why they fired her. If it was because of commas and hyphens and semi-colons etc, then the company should be ashamed! Half of these QAs don't know what they are doing to begin with. I know personally that many of them don't even know how to transcribe.

Are you a self-righteous newbie?

I am a QA editor and ......sm - QAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have seen posts similar to some of these stating that they are picked apart, counted off for commas, etc; however, I have QA'd reports where the comma in the wrong place recasts the sentence in a way where it makes absolutely no sense. There's no way an editor can make everyone happy no matter how they QA. I would love to see the review in question. I bet that a majority of the time, the MT failed because the work was suboptimal. You wouldn't believe some of the QA reviews I see, yet, we are accused of "picking" on MTs. I know it's not always the case, but it is a lot of the time....in my experience at least. Flame away :)

I completely agree with you about QA... - mt05

[ In Reply To ..]
I was offered a position in QA after working as an MT for only 2 years and I could not believe the lack of quality of MTs with years of experience. I have noticed that these same MTs would rather blame QA rather than take the time to improve their work or blame offshore when they are fired for poor quality. These are people's lives we are dealing with here!! We know when we went to school how important quality is with this type of work. Truthfully, instead of b@&ching about QA, what are YOU doing to change things? We all should know by now with the economy the way it is, it is an "employers" market, so they can afford to pick and choose who they keep and who goes. THAT is what you need to think about each day you work and take the constructive criticism that comes with this type of work. JMHO Flame away, as I really do not care, as I put out quality work everytime I log in to my platform and work on it EVERY day...and no, I am not saying that I am perfect, because I am far from it!

No, YOU should be embarrassed for even posting that. - Teed-Off MT

[ In Reply To ..]

Have you ever been to McDonald's? - I doubt that! sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had the worst service at McDonald's and even called corporate to complain after about the 10th time I came home with yet again the wrong order. Guess what? Same chick still working drive thru. So no, doubtful you'd get canned for much of anything at Mickey Ds!

Would like to know which companies are doing this (sm) - Long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It would be nice to have a heads up as to which companies are doing this. QA should be objective and backed up with references, but a lot of these outfits have real whack jobs doing QA and they'll mark you off for something very subjectively, just because that's the way they learned it and that's what they like. I've been in QA for years, have managed QA teams. Anybody who marks you off for something and can't back it up in writing with a valid reference is full of it.

Acusis nitpicks you to death nn - yochana

[ In Reply To ..]
nn

Ad infinitum!!!!! - Nitpicked2Death

[ In Reply To ..]
And if you just happen to type something 100% correctly, they make something up.

My in-box overfloweth.

low QA - mt30+

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sorry this happened to you. I have been in this business over 30 years and have seen nothing but nonsense at least in the lsat 10 if not more.

QA is picking apart MTs for commas and semicolons lowering their scores to less than the "almight" 98% while letting medical errors go. In my opinion there should NEVER EVER be a medical error. These QA people are on a power trip and the BOS that AAMT or AHDI or whatever the heck you call em should be burned in the nearest bonfire!

No way in hades would I mark a good MT off for commas and semicolons when their medical knowledge was top knotch. These doctors don't care about commas and semicolons but they sure care about medical content which is being shoved under the bus.

There are companies out there who will hire you and be glad to get you. Just hang in there. BTW, I have even seen companies who will take a good MT with lots of ESL experience who can decipher even the worst ESL correctly and knock em for commas. I don't need em and don't want them. I will scrub floors first!

QA - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
Two QA experiences that stand out in my mind from this past year:
1. QA said that Klonopin is an anti-seizure medication that would never be given to patient for simple anxiety. I disagreed. QA actually changed Klonopin to clonidine, given to a patient with anxiety, not high blood pressure. The QA supervisor said that the QA department was too busy to debate and that I would have to accept her edict.
2. I wrote trashcan instead of trash can (have found references for both versions). The report was very short. This was the only error in the report. The resultant QA score was 77%. I was harshly chastised and I subsequently resigned, as that was the last straw in a long line of QA nit picking. To this day, I do not understand how trash can versus trashcan has any effect on the quality of the patient's medical record.

When did all this QA stuff start anyways? I would love to know the history of the QA scoring system for the medical transcription industry. Was it always there? If not, why didn't MTs revolt against it when it started?

Good grief-Klonopin - MT30+

[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot believe a QA person took it upon themselves to change Klonopin to clonidine! Klonopin is used for simple anxiety just like Xanax is used.

I don't know when the QA stuff started but it is getting ridiculous. They are causing more problems than solving.

shaking *MY* head - stillmting

[ In Reply To ..]
Because I can't believe the SUPPORT for someone who is upset that because she couldn't maintain a quality score she lost her job.

No, commas aren't the end all, be all, but they do often change the structure and sometimes the meaning of a sentence.

And if you look at how CQI works, that comma isn't hanging anyone, it's medical errors or multiple major errors that hang the MT.

And to whomever said they wanted to fire her so they could hire someone overseas??? Umm, seriously?? Do you think someone from overseas would be allowed to not put commas in too? Hardly.

Clients want accuracy and are showing that they aren't willing to pay for shoddy work anymore. Yes, the job has gotten harder, but when patient care is at stake, I'm glad. (Just wish they were willing to pay for it!)

QA - MT30+

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand commas can change the structure of a sentence. That is NOT what I am talking about. There are QA people out there nitpicking MTs to death about absolute BS! I have seen wonderful MTs thrown under the bus because they forgot to put the hyphen between 1-year-old or whatever. Sometimes you have an MT who was doing this before the &$(*^&$ BOS came along. It only takes one time to tell them to do it differently and thats the end of it. I see no point in this QA "SCORE" crap. You can have "scores" for junk like htat that put your total score below the accepted and one major medical error that might not put you below the "accepted" number level and they let it go. Medical errors should NEVER be accepted. Also I have seen QA folks who change stuff and make it wrong when it was correct to begin with.

I understand the difference between shoddy work and a good MT and what I am seeing is absolute baloney. They pick the MTs apart and let the QA do whatever they want to do and don't care if they change stuff and make it wrong or not. Ridiculous!

you have no idea.... - NJ mt

[ In Reply To ..]
You have no idea why this happened, so I do not appreciate your guesses. Just like many other experienced and qualified medical transcriptionists, I was let go for the littlest details that added up. Maybe I heard them say "The patient says," and QA thought it was "The patient said." Maybe I didn't hear the letter a in the sentence, and they did, but it was more like the doctor was breathing. They are 2 examples of what lead to me being at 97% when the 98% is needed. Believe me, it was nothing at all that in my opinion would impact patient safety.
Would you want YOUR record 98% correct - stillmting
[ In Reply To ..]
The way the scores are calculated, if those errors are truly the ONLY errors, then you're making A LOT of them!

Telling someone you only have to be 98% correct is saying you can be pretty damn imperfect and we'll still pay you. With so many companies clamoring for MTs do you HONESTLY believe, QA sits around thinking of ways to get MTs fired? NO! It's about time MTs are held accountable for producing an ACCURATE record.....

my last QA score at a new company on new accounts, procedures, dictators was 99.6. There's no reason someone should have 98 or lower unless they just can't cut it.

QA on operative report - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
Last week I had a QA person send an e-mail to my supe regarding an operative report. The QA person stated that the provider had not dictated a preoperative or postoperative diagnosis. I told my supe that the QA person was incorrect. So she listened to that report and found out that I was correct and that the QA person had made an error.

You really have to be careful. This was quite a major deal because the QA person had edited the report and had taken out the preoperative and postoperative diagnosis which the provider had clearly dictated. Otherwise I would have been in trouble and te edited report would have gone into the chart.

QA OP report - mt30+

[ In Reply To ..]
I would think regardless whether they dictated the preop dx and postop dx you would put it in there anyway UNLESS this is a verbatim account and the client doesn't want you to. That is the problem with some of the QA stuff, they change your work and make mistakes and it still has your initials/signoff on it.

I just can't figure out why you would have been in trouble either way unless this is a verbatim account or the client requests it be typed that way.
Me too - mom2huskies
[ In Reply To ..]
The provider dictated a pre and postop diagnosis so that is exactly what he got. Also this is a verbatim account.

I am glad I brought this to their attention.

Grammar and punctuation are part of our job. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you can't be bothered to learn proper grammar and punctuation, why would you want to be an MT and then complain when someone has to correct you?

grammar and punctuation - mt30+

[ In Reply To ..]
you know I am tired of arguing this point. You are taking my post out of context. I understand grammar and punctuation are part of our job. What these MTs are talking about is the fact that folks are being nitpicked to death with commas and periods and major medical errors are let go through! I have seen medical errors go through and because it didn't bring the "percentage" score down it was ok and another report would be for a couple commas or a period or hyphen, whatever and because the percentage is bigger, the MT get in trouble.

Im sorry but to me there should be no room at ALL for a MEDICAL error. Also like another MT posted about a QA person taking headings off an OP report and then marking the MT off for it. When she brought it to the supervisor attention, the sup listened to it and the QA person was WRONG! What's up with that?

I am so fed up with this profession at times I could scream. There are folks on this board who ask (excuse me) the dumbest questions that a 10 second look-up could probably take care of but by golly if the punctuation is good, let em go! Makes no sense and I WILL NOT change my opinion on that on.

For the record, not complaining about being corrected lady, complaining about the nitpicking small stuff and letting big stuff go through. Are you one of those type MTs? Did I hit a nerve or something?

What company? Please let us know! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I think it's sad that... - typinggma

[ In Reply To ..]
I got the boot from Focus Infomatics for having a 97.7% QA score! Since I dropped 0.3 I was fired, with no warning, and no way to correct myself! I thought it was very unfair, especially since the day before my supervisor was offering me another platform because she was afraid she would lose me due to no work!

Name of company - NJ MT

[ In Reply To ..]
In all honesty, it was SoftScript. I loved my job and thought it was a wonderful place to work until they became so very picky, quite similar to what has been happening for a long time at MedQuist. I agree that maybe it's to get rid of the higher paid (9 cpl) people at their company, so they can be replaced with new MT (nothing against new MTs because everyone has to start somewhere, but wouldn't they prefer to also keep their senior MTs who have a lot of experience and in-hospital experience, also?). MedQuist is doing the same thing and just sending all of their work to India and slashing pay for their ridiculous ASR stuff. Please see their board. I'm sure it's still continuing.

It was SoftScript! nm - MT in NJ

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

QA Scores have nothing to do with longevity - Stillmting

[ In Reply To ..]
I get a little frustrated to hear someone equate their length of time in this business with their ability to maintain quality. What IS the world coming to when at-home companies finally, FINALLY get on board with QUALITY being part of what the client pays for?

I'm glad you have jobs lined up so you won't be hungry or homeless, but I sincerely hope that the patients whose records you transcribe benefit from HIGH QUALITY, instead of 15 years.

QA scores/longevity - MT in NJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel I provide both high quality and experience. Thank you very much :)

Longevity - MT in NJ

[ In Reply To ..]
Also, might I add that unless you sleep through your job for years, experience does count for something! : )

But if ISR does the same thing, its fine by them - little thinker

[ In Reply To ..]
My company is pushing VR hard to all their clients. So when they start picking at me re QA minituae, its hard to take them seriously. I've seen the end product of their VR reports. Every rule is thrown out the window if a computer produces the report - so obviously none of it REALLY matters to the client OR the MTSO. IMO they are trying to punish us for making a few pennies more for typing the report instead of editing it by picking us to death.

Best of luck - Been there too

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been finding myself in the same boat. I am trying to juggle 2 fulltime MT jobs just for that reason, I am preparing myself for the axe. I have been getting dinged for things like Meckel's vs Meckel diverticulum. I swear if I use the apostrophe the editor does not, if I do not she does. This is just plain ridiculous to have near perfect medical terminology with next to no blanks, but to have a low QA score because of your punctuation.

completely agree....QA can be ridiculous - MT in NJ

[ In Reply To ..]
How about this one? Told by one QA to type Apgars were 9 at 1 and 5 minutes. Told by another QA to type Apgars were 9 at one and five minutes. So completely confused and could not get a definite answer on it, and therefore marked off again! That's such a horrible mistake and will definitely impact patient care, right?

Similar Messages:

Anyone Fired For Scores Of Less Than 99%
Apr 02, 2015

Received an email stating I have to weeks to get my scores up.  Not sure if this means I'll be fired. ...

T-scores
Apr 17, 2010

are T-scors for bone density with a "minus" number written T-score of -0.9 or minus 0.9. I have never had these before and just want to make sure. I would assume it is -0.9, but really want to make sure. Thanks so much. ...

100% QC1 Scores
Apr 09, 2015

how very funny ... have 5 jobs audited. the only ones with 100% are QC1 scores that DO NOT count toward the pay grid. a constant struggle for them to find a way to rip us off from the "great pay program". ...

Apgar Scores
Feb 04, 2010

When transcribing Apgar scores, which format is correct? Apgar score of 8 and 9 at one and five minutes, respectively or Apgar score of 8 and 9 at 1 and 5 minutes, respectively. I looked in the AAMT book and it says the write out the numbers for the minutes, but in the example they do not write out the numbers?   ...

WebNu QA Scores
Jan 02, 2012

Just a head's up, new QA scores are being performed (to many of my friends also), with no warning, check your files and you will see a new one just performed.  I have not had a score under 99.5% for 2 years, and had several 100%, but lo and behold, my new score (which will mean NO BONUS for the next QUARTER if I understand correctly) is 98.8%.  Yea, right.  It was done on all my secondary accounts, on the most difficult dictators, and I am looking for a new job.  ...

Quality Scores
Jan 28, 2015

Is anyone out there having trouble maintaining 99% quality as I am? Jack Mom ...

When Do They Update QA Scores?
Mar 25, 2015

Just got the email about lines being uploaded.  States the QA scores are pulled from 2/27 to 3/6.  I thought that was what it was last pay period as well.  When will I get credit for the QA score I received on 3/10?  Does anyone one how this bait and switch BS works?  ...

QA Scores Not Matching Up.
Jun 09, 2015

FIESA 99.7, Webclock 98.5. Anyone else have this happen? Just noticed it today but already approved my timecard yesterday. ...

Transtech - What Their Minimum QA Scores Are?
Oct 22, 2009

Does anybody know what their minimum QA scores are? They have postings for QA and MT but no mention it.  I do good work but don't want to be nitpicked to death for a 99.9% score. Thx. ...

MT Pre-Employment Testing Scores
Apr 23, 2010

Hello All, I just received the results of my pre-employment testing.  I have not had to "score" on a test in quite some time.  One company asked me if I had been contacted because I scored 50% on the transcription side.  What does that mean?  The other company stated that I did not pass their test.  It was graded by a regional recruiting manager and they are saying that I made several critical errors?  Like what?  Does anyone have any insight to the scoring of ...

TTS, SGS, Nuance, And Quality Scores.....
Oct 14, 2013

I was wondering why Nuance requires a 99% score from their transcriptionists, but the companies that do their overflow advertise that they require 98%? How can they justify that? If you work for an overflow company, will they fire you if your score is above 98% but less than 99%? Just wondering what I would be getting into at one of these places. Thanks for anything you can share. ...

For Years I Always Had High Audit Scores
Dec 17, 2012

like most of us, a buyout. Loved the company I worked for. Then Nuance took over-changes being made-my scores started going down. Worked hard to get them back up-now I am getting marked for major errors that I KNOW I did not make-I feel 100% confident after all these years I would not be making these kinds of mistakes. Yet, in the last couple of months I have had more errors and some major errors that even a rookie MT would not be making, let a lone an experienced one. No, I am not perfect and n ...

Post-Audit Scores Are The Only Ones That Matter
Mar 23, 2013

The only scores that matter for your QA are the ones marked "Post-Audit."  I don't sign or even look at the others. ...

How Are Weekly FIESA Scores Figured? Sm
Sep 30, 2013

I thought they were calculated weekly but my FIESA score for the period of 9/21-9/28 should have given me a bonus if that is true and it was the same as it was the week before, which was under 99. ...

Quality Scores, FIESA And MTs Leaving....
Oct 16, 2013

I wonder how many MTs have resigned because of FIESA and being told they are "bad" when they have quality scores averaging 98-99%?  ...

Post Audit Scores In FIESA
Feb 14, 2015

when should I expect the postaudit score to be posted in FIESA for the week prior (in this case 1/31 to 2/7)? ...

Pt Scores Himself As A 13 Out Of 15 On S/l AY-WAYS Score With Urinary Incontinence. Nm
Jun 10, 2010

:) ...

MY Spelling Guess, MOSES/DISCUS Scores
Mar 01, 2012

I need help.  Doc says, and this is MY spelling guess, MOSES/DISCUS scores.  Any ideas? Cat ...

Curious About What Type Of Fiesa Scores People Are Getting
Sep 13, 2013

Just curious about what type of Fiesa scores people are getting?  Anyone received any type of formal warning for their scores?  Just trying to figure out how important Fiesa really is to the whole sceme of things. ...

Are They Only Using Test Scores As Criteria To Enter The Program?
Mar 20, 2014

x ...

Mmodal Inevitable Termination For Low Audit Scores....
Jul 14, 2014

Hi!  I was hoping for a little input.  I have been with Mmodal/Medquist/Spheris since 2005.  They have the new quality standards which seem to be out of reach for me. They want us to be at an unreasonable 99.7.  Even today, received last week's audit scores and one was 100% the other at 98.75.  I am on my 3rd corrective action for this and know I am at close to the end of my rope.  I actually would like to go back to school.  Has anyone been unintentionall ...

Do QC Reports Count For Our Post Audit Scores?
Jan 27, 2015

Last week, I had a great QA score.  I only had a couple of reports sent to QC - none of which were problematic. However, today, I had a horrible ESL report with multiple blanks.  I had to send it to QC.  They not only filled in the blanks, but graded me on it -- a whopping 96.2.  UGH!  Is that going to be counted among my post audit score for my pay rate?? ...

The Scores On QC Reports Do Not Mean A Thing. You Can Ignore The Score,
Mar 01, 2015

The only thing that matters is the number of these you turn in in the first place. Take what useful correction from those, if there is any at all, and let the rest of it roll off. Do not stress out over these or attempt to reverse a QC score. As a matter of policy, they will never reverse anything on these, because the percentage score on them is meaningless. Only thing that matters is the number of them you turn in to begin with. Cutting down the number you submit is the only way to escape the ...

I Just Tested With MModal, How Long Should I Wait For A Response Or Can I Call Them For The Scores A
Dec 12, 2013

Thank you, I really need a job soon! qq ...

Is There Any Place On Mmodal Global Website Where I Can Print Out The Minimum Audit Scores?
Mar 22, 2013

I want to print out just in case I need proof. Anyone have a website or anywhere on the internet where it states that what their audit scores are for employment? ...

Got Fired From The Q - Ha Ha
Feb 24, 2010

Well, I was officially fired yesterday.  Up until last summer, I was one of their top producers, never having an accuracy problem.  The reason I got fired?  I got sick. Early last summer, I let a UTI go for 10 days (lived off Rx strength OTC Pyridium) until I was severely septic and urinating almost pure blood and clots.  I also had a kidney infection, kidney stones and bladder stones.  Thought it was over.  IIRC, the urinary organism was proteus mirabilis.  I ...

Getting Fired
Apr 01, 2010

Isn't it odd that being fired from MQ isn't a disgrace?  Being fired from any other place would be total humiliation, but I don't think anybody here would ever look down on another MT who was let go.  MQ doesn't discriminate.  They justly fire bad MTs, but they also fire good MTs who are stuck with crummy accounts, accounts that constantly have NJA, and probably a ton of reasons that are beyond our control.  ...

Fired
Apr 28, 2010

I was hired by company initials "P" under the conditions that my computer meet their specifications.  I was told my computer met their specification and then offered employment.  I accepted. Their technicians worked on my computer for 2 weeks straight and installed faulty software, and then I was told my system would not meet their specifications and I needed to have my computer XP deleted and reinstalled or buy a new computer.  I had my computer checked out and was told my c ...

I Don't Really Want To Get Fired From Q
Dec 08, 2010

it really wouldn't be such a bad thing ...

I Was Fired
Jun 14, 2011

I was fired. I started with Medquist in 1998. They fired me in 1997. I was hired and Spheris and became a Medquist employee after they bought Spheris. I was fired again today. I just hope Medquist eventually stabilizes and the employees are happy again. I hope I find something suitable for me. I wish the best for all. It's been one hell of a bumpy and uneven ride. Bon voyage to me!!! ...