A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Simple question plz :) - JTBB

Posted: Mar 18, 2011

What voice recognition platform does Medquist use?  Thanks in advance.

It's DocQSpeech...sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's a crappy program with many awkward keystroke arrangements. Very cumbersome. I'm sure there must be something better out there! JMHO after working with it for 4 years!

I thought it was M-Modal - for SR

[ In Reply To ..]
I had been told that MQ uses M-Modal for their SR engine. Do they just call it DocQSpeech, or is that a different program altogether?

SpeechMagic - derp

[ In Reply To ..]
We use SpeechMagic, developed in cooperation with Philips. When Philips Speech was acquired by Nuance, we still had license to continue using for some years.

The addition of MModal is very recent; I don't think there is any of it in production yet...

Similar Messages:

Help Pls, Should Be Simple!
Jul 31, 2012

s/l doc is saying sub bladder? I just never heard this term.  I know there is "suburethral" just never heard "subbladder".  The entire sentense is... Cystoscope was then reintroduced, entire urethra was then examined, as was the posterior "subbladder" neck and bladder.   Thank you in advance. ...

TAA--not So Simple
Nov 12, 2013

My hospital outsourced the entire MT dept to MM. Applied for TAA. Looks like MM supplied the investigator with information that says American MT's are doing the work and not offshore...sooo, we may not get TAA. Also, I've read about lay-offs on this site but yet they advertise in the state where I live and surroundings states. I'm in the NW. How can they get away with lay-offs and then have job ads? ...

Word Help Please-probably Something Simple
May 15, 2010

but I can't figure it out.  This is an UC report for an 11-yo with a sore throat.  NECK: Supple with enlarged s/l "heneroadenopathy" bilaterally. ...

A Few Simple Questions
Oct 18, 2010

Should "living will" be capitalized or not????  Is it eardrops or ear drops and eyedrops or eye drops??? ...

Simple Question
May 18, 2011

When a doctor dictates something like "times several days", how do you type it?   I type it just as I wrote it in my question, but I was just wondering if there is a better way.  ...

Simple SH Question.
Sep 14, 2013

Can I turn Shorthand off on my browser?  I currently use Firefox. ...

I Have A Very Simple Question For MQers
Mar 08, 2010

Let us say it's April 1st. You're not going anywhere. You're planning on working and you report as scheduled throughout the pay period. How many of you can predict, let's say within 5%, what you'll make during the pay period with everything taken into consideration? ...

Income Simple Survey
Mar 24, 2010

After losing an employee status job due to healthcare reform anticipated cuts, I am considering going back to IC status.  Just to keep things super simple, as a baseline would appreciate hearing what ICs are making yearly who work a 40 hour a week.  ...

MPWord And Simple Dictation
Mar 20, 2013

Just signed up for SimpleDictation. Has anyone used the software before. It used to be called MedPen/MPWord?  ...

Simple Transcription System
May 19, 2013

I am with a small office and we stilll use tapes.  Anyone have recommendations of a simple, economical digital transcription system that works good for you.   Thanks! ...

What To Charge For Simple Interview Transcription?
Nov 14, 2011

I hope this is the right board to ask this quick question!  If not, please re-direct me. A friend of mine has a genealogy business, and does Q & A sessions with people (usually elderly, but some not) about their lives, their family history.  She will be needing these interviews transcribed (simple format).  Each interview is about 5 minutes of dictation time, and they're digital files that she will e-mail to me, and I'll e-mail them back.  No printing invo ...

Am Considering A Position With M*Modal. Have A Simple Question
Oct 11, 2012

Actually, I guess I have 2 questions.  What is the production minimum for editing?  What is your average production in lines per hour with editing?   I know the latter question carries a lot of variables, and I will take those into consideration.  But I would like to know how you all actually do production wise.  Please, no inflations just honest answers concerning your average.  A simple 250 or 325 or whatever would suffice.  If you can elaborate further or ...

Need Simple Word 2010 Macro For Copy/Paste
Feb 14, 2014

I've been using Instant Text for years but realized that there are probably quite a few macros I could create in Word 2010 to make certain repetitive commands a lot easier for me.  I know the basics of creating a macro in Word but cannot for the life of me figure out how to create a macro to do this: I want to copy text,(i.e. from a Preoperative Diagnosis) and have it pasted into the next line after the heading Postoperative Diagnosis when the dictator says "same." I tried recording ...

Simple Question Regarding "exciting" Changes To Wage Theft/pay Plan.
Feb 28, 2015

Are the latest "exciting" changes meant to help or hinder us, the MTs? ...

Ortho Word "simple (something) Suppressor"
Feb 11, 2010

Patient has erythema and edema of right foot.  Doctor says he is going to try "simple (something) suppressor with anti-inflammatories".  The something s/l "allo meta thotic" but is garbled/slurred and all I can really be sure of is "thotic" at the end. ...