A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sick of doctors punching in the wrong data. - Nice

Posted: May 19, 2013

I know it's "our responsibility" to make sure the data are correct (data is plural so "are" not "is" is correct)...... but three reports today, all History and Physicals, where the doctors punched in the patient code as "O" meaning outpatient.  I believe this is now considered a critical error if I had left it as "O."   What if I was preoccupied, as we humans sometimes are, and didn't notice that?  They could use that as an excuse to fire me or "write me up."  Also, one hospital I do, they want emergency room always typed as Emergency Room even it is not correct such as when there is no proper noun attached before or after it.  Why can't the programmers fix that?  I have to constantly keep changing that by Control F.  Just venting. Thanks for reading :)

DICTATORS ARE GETTING WORSE - than ever!!! HORRIBLE.

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep! Been at this field for 25 years and it is getting worse. Dictators carrying on with other conversations, laughing, eating and chewing their food, coughing, swearing, yelling at nurses, not wanting to spell out doctor's names when sending a carbon copy, not giving out full patient names, or punching in the correct information. THEY SUCK!!!!

WHICH CAUSES US TO SUCK AT OUR JOB AND LOSE MORE TIME AND MONEY AND MM WANTS TO HAVE AN ESSAY ABOUT HOW WE ARE TO START WITH THE QUALITY????

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY KIDDING ME????????

dictators - Nice

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks! Knew there were more like me out there who felt this way. I've been doing this even longer than 25 years (started out as an MT in a hospital before my son was born). Miss the old days when this was a decent job, well respected, with benefits, flexibility and above all a decent wage. I feel like I do charity work sometimes.

Yep! I started in 1989, fresh out of college. - Horrible!

[ In Reply To ..]
Now I cannot even make minimum wage for my state!

I went back to college. If I only knew this stupid job was going to be like this in the future?? I would have have done something else 15 years ago.

Dictators getting worse....Can't even get gender correct! - Nice

[ In Reply To ..]
Last report I did today, the doctor with a heavy accent started out saying the patient was a female. Then 2 sentences later suddenly he said, "him"! And by the first name of the patient honestly I could not tell for sure if it was a female or male. I know they are foreign and have trouble with our grammar but they should at least get the gender pronouns correct. This should be 'their' critical error.

That is right! I forgot to add that on my list! - Horrible!

[ In Reply To ..]
I get those reports, every other one. It is as if the DICTATORS JUST DO NOT CARE. It is like their fed up with everything and just don't care what happens to the report.

Because the programmers are men who are paid a fair wage by the hour. - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]

sick of doctors - ep

[ In Reply To ..]
I would love to see a doctor dictate something and then try to type it and see if they can even understand what they say. If they can't do it correctly, how can we?

My doctors regularly dictate on - alicia

[ In Reply To ..]
the wrong patient. Sometimes they leave films up from one patient and read the same films up on the next patient. If I pull up the wrong orders on a patient and type a report, that's a major HIPAA violation. These docs do it all the time. They confuse left with right, unilateral with bilateral.

We had a horrible platform with a major glitch last year. As orders were being pulled up for a patient with a link to the report field, the program would switch back to a prior patient with pending reports at the very last second, even though we clicked on the correct order. All of us ended up typing Joe Blow's report on Jane Doe's orders. If you blinked you could have missed it. If there were inconsistencies, you MIGHT have caught it. It was a big deal if one of us erred. However, the docs can screw up any way they want. They're still blaming the MTs for mistakes they make on self-edited VR reports.

Really starting to HATE this job - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I was gonna complain about the ways they are messing up lately, but you beat me to it..I'm sorry it's not just me that is so frustrated cause working like this rots.

Similar Messages:

What's Wrong With Transcription Doctors
Mar 03, 2010

What's wrong with Transcription Doctors? They advertise way too much for help. I heard they pay every 30 days. Other than that, what is wrong with this company? ...

So Sick Of Listening To These Foreign Doctors
Apr 02, 2013

I am sitting here literally ready to punch the wall out of sheer frustration. So sick of listening to these foreign doctors. Are there any of the regions that are not saturated with them? Seems like mine is chock full. When I transcribed for another company, with a lot of the hospitals in the Southern end of the US, it was not near as bad. VA Hospitals, full to the brim with them and overflowing as well.. ...

Punching In And Out
Jan 02, 2013

How many of you actually punch in and out when there is work or no work availble? ...

Anyone Else Spending More Time Punching In And Out Than Actually Working? Nm
Oct 10, 2012

.. ...

Punching In Under "conference Call"
Oct 16, 2012

To listen to the webcast we punch in under conference call.  I CANT FIND IT!!!! Any help? Thanks to everyone who responds--- you are such a big help! ...

Lab Data
Apr 12, 2010

In discharge summary: Lab Data: "Heart rate: 96 to 220 with no ST-T wave changes." Question is, is heart rate correct like this?  Also, ST-T wave, is this correct or should there be a hypen between T-wave?  Please help if you can.  Thanks so much! ...

Data
Mar 14, 2012

Wow my docs won't even put in a correct medical record number for their patients, I have to do it for them, which is fine because that is my job.  Can you imagine what is going to happen when they have to put in all the info.  Dang dudes, it is just 6 numbers. ...

Lab Data For CLL??
Aug 15, 2012

Never heard of this one ... Dr. says while reviewing blood work, "On the smears, tuchim and aspirate, there were increased...."  Anyone ever heard of that?  Somebody, andybody????? Thanks :) ...

Data Migration
May 01, 2012

Does anyone know companies that have data migration work? Thank you. ...

Data-Med Transcription
May 01, 2013

What do you know about this company? Apparently they have a backlog and need help. ...

Data Overload
Oct 10, 2013

Didja see the MT proficiency report?  I'm surprised we're not forced to sit on digital pads to record minutes out of chair and weight change during the day.  Now, why the hell isn't there a proficiency report on the physicians?  Minutes per report, how much voice recognition was invalid.  We should get combat pay for doing some of these guys who obviously had their lips sewn shut.  MM collects data on everything else... ...

Data Entry
Apr 14, 2014

I applied for a data entry job today after being unemployed for nearly 3-1/2 months. I can't seem to find anything I think I could start out doing after being home over the years. It seems data entry would fit for me. Getting back out there is hard. Depression has taken over, but I'm trying to manage without medication. Most days, I would like to go to bed and stay, but haven't up until this point. Anyway, thanks for listening to me vent. I pray I will at least get to interview, ...

Collecting Data
Dec 20, 2014

If you ever chance to use Ctrl S for past reports, please check statistics.  LMK if you see something "outta whack."  Got my own screen shots (without patient name), would suggest you do the same. ...

Data Usage
Feb 12, 2015

Does anyone use a Verizon connection? Do you know data usage for an 8 hour day? I do not have cable where I live. I currently use a Verizon air card that the hospital I'm employed by maintains. We got out sourced and now I need to set up my own connection and pay for it. However,  no one can tell me data usage so I can tell if the new job offered is going to be worth the expense.  ...

Laboratory Data Web Sites
Dec 11, 2009

I seem to be having a problem with getting the lab data in the right sentence structure can anyone help me out with this problem. Thank you in advance. ...

STP Medical Data Services, Inc.
Mar 23, 2010

Anyone know anything about STP Medical Data Services? ...

Cryptococcal Meningitis Lab Data
Apr 26, 2010

Not too familiar with lab tests regarding this diagnosis, but it sounds like the doctor is saying: "T-cells showed WBC of 7,400, T4 162, TK 2,572, CBC: RBC 4, WCB 3,000 at lumbar puncture. The India ink stains were positive for cryptococcus. Acid _____ culture and gram stain were negative, sugar and protein were normal. ...

HIPAA Data Breach
May 02, 2010

I am reading far too many cases of MTs being fired/threatened for copying the wrong doctor on a report.  While this constitutes an error, it does not (NOT) constitute a HIPAA breach.  HIPAA law is being wielded like an axe by misinformed management, with the regulations being used to threaten and fire a huge segment of the American workforce.  MTs fired for a "cc" issue need to report their job loss to their state labor department as well as the department of health and human se ...

S/l Histaban Data? Cardiology
Jun 14, 2010

Anyone familiar with this? ...

What Does A Medical Data Abstractor?
Nov 02, 2011

What does a medical data abstractor do? Is this a remote job or an in-house job? Thanks in advance ...

Importing Patient Data
Jan 14, 2013

Am I missing something, or did they remove the ability to import patient data when splitting a job?  I cannot seem to find the button anywhere.  ...

Medical Data Services
Jul 29, 2013

Does anyone know anything about this company and if they have much work available, how the pay is, etc.? ...

Data-Med.... Anybody Heard Back From Them?
Nov 02, 2013

Have any of you heard back from them after "applying?"   I even phoned them a couple of times and just got answering machine.  Their website has the phone number transposed but is correct (supposedly not a sham place) in their posting here on MTSTARS. ...

DATA ENTRY VS TRANSCRIPTION PAY
Mar 20, 2014

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated regarding the salaries for a data entry clerk versus a transcriptionist.  Should a transcriptionist's pay be less, the same or more than a data entry clerk, and if you feel it should be more, how much more?  Thank you for your comments.  ...

Laboratory Data: S/l S2P3 And S2O3
Oct 22, 2010

My brain is fried. This is in Laboratory data of a Discharge Summary, doctor is speaking VERY quickly. s/l: S2P3 and S2O3 or maybe SUPD and SUOD. Sentence: CPK 69, LDS 426, S2P3 38, S2O3 44, serum amylase 30.... Help! =( ...

Data Entry Or Medical Transcription?
May 13, 2011

It seems that more and more companies, including some hospitals, are paying per line but then expecting you to do data entry, which of course you are NOT paid for. Just a few examples: Acute care on Dictaphone ExText/Word Client -- faxing, etc. McKisson -- Looking up and changing orders for radiographic studies Rad job posted here -- Entering patient demographics If an employer expects me to sit there and do data entry -- which has NO shortcuts -- IN ADDITION TO transcibing, then they' ...

How Are The Data Migration Technicians At Scriberight Doing?
Mar 07, 2012

nm ...

A Question About Data Entry Skills-sm
Mar 26, 2012

I am looking for work as an Mt and not having any luck.  Today, I searched the job service board and found a cool job.  It is an IC position with flexible hours and very good pay.  It is collecting data for the county/township and entering it into a lap top.  They want you to be ableto enter 7000 or more strokes per hour.  I meet all the qualifications except this which, of course, is "key" to the job.  I know nothing of data entry but I hate to pass on the opportun ...

ScribeRight Got More Data Migration Contracts?
Jun 27, 2013

Anyone know if ScribeRight got more data migration contracts?  I thought this company's CEO said that there were a lot of good things happening and big contracts coming for data migration?! ...

I Find That Sometimes Other Data Seems To Run In The Background And Slows My
Dec 21, 2013

computer typing screen down.  Is there a way to clear out background without having to reboot the computer.  I have my own computer.   I think it is after I got into other websites to look at something like Goggle or what have you. ...