A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question about when training pay ends... - anony

Posted: Mar 27, 2013

I have been on training pay at $10 an hour.  I have this pay period and half of next pay period left of training pay.  Then I will get per line pay.  I have been on these accts for 3 weeks now.  Accts have lots of ESLs, bad dictators, not good.  Straight, no VR. 

Things is after 3 weeks according to my lines and hours I am not quite making min wage yet.  After this pay period and part of the next when I get per line pay if it is not equivalent to min wage what are they going to say or do?  I know they will have to add to it to make it at least min wage until I get it up there.  I'm just wondering how long they give you to get to your required 120 lines per hour speed?   

I hope they only give you 1 second - to get your lines up there

[ In Reply To ..]
If you cant cut it, then shoo.

I am tired of not getting any work because they hired too many newbies. And you get straight typing? WT???

Oh well, I am a cut throat MT. Turned evil by MModal. My blood sugar is also low because I cant afford food anymore, and that is making me a little moody. Tough luck...that is what MModal said about not having work.

you really need to stop blaming the newbies - what are they supposed to do?

[ In Reply To ..]
are they supposed to not take the job because they heard that the current employees don't have enough work? Your bitter attitude is not winning any sympathy around here.

I DIDNT BLAME THE NEWBIE - bitter MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I said, "because THEY hired too many." I also said that I hope they only give newbies 1 second to get their line rate up to where it needs to be. 150 is a cake walk, its not hard to do. I dont get sympathy from this company, why should anyone else. That is not blaming anyone. That is stating MY OPINION, which I am entitled to have. I have earned the right to complain about how I am treated after 18 years of service. If you dont like reading it, that is YOUR PROBLEM!
Newbies, etc. - redmaj
[ In Reply To ..]
Dont know what is going on, but I feel sympathy for "newbies" into the MT field. I have been doing this 35 years and had to get my associates degree, then got trained in hospital my first job. If I had to work at a service being new, I would look into another line of work!!
okay then you were as nasty as you could be - without blaming the newbie
[ In Reply To ..]
You really should get your meds adjusted. Just sayin'.

Sure it is - You have my sympathy, bitter MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm bitter right there with ya. And, like bitter MT, I'm not blaming the newbies, just this gawdawful snakepit of a company.
You align yourself with this bitterness....wow... - s/m
[ In Reply To ..]
I guess it's true, misery LOVES company, especially on this board.

Anony: Why do you treat new people this.. - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
way? It is one of the meanest posts I have ever read. I let alot just roll off my back but, this person is new and asking help from her co-workers and you give her a huge helping of nasty. Why would you do that? You are hating the people who are in the same situation, new or not.

anony was the OP - what are you talking about?

[ In Reply To ..]
*((

Seems to me - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
No one is forcing you to work here. With your attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if they are not giving you work on purpose just so you will leave.

I run out of work too... - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
New account but still ran out of work today. Got 2 hours in today. Don't worry the new people aren't getting work either.

I can't believe you're getting straight typing. I would love that. - ASR pay is too low. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I get straight typing too..not in the beginning. - kat

[ In Reply To ..]
but haven't had a VR in a year. Cool, huh?!

WOW! - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, I am not a newbie to MT. I am new at MModal. I did not take this job to make a living; I took it for extra money while going to school for my associate degree. I am not new to MT, and I am aware of the decline in this career. That is why I am in college. Instead of sitting here being bitter, I did something about it. I go to the local community college. It doesn't cost me anything; I get grants. Anyone else could do the same. I was offered a job; I took it.

Instead of hating me, why don't you ask to be transferred to one of the new accounts? It can't hurt to ask.

It's a shame you can't even ask a simple question on this board of other employees of this company without getting hate.

not from everyone - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Rock on! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you for standing up to the meanies here! Good for you for making the choice to go back to school and get out of MT. It can be done! A lot of people here are just happy being miserable.

Good luck to you with MM and school!

What job are you trying to get with your AA - meanie

[ In Reply To ..]
An associates can't get you much of a job nowadays unless it is in something specialized. Just don't want you making a mistake with the degree. Nowadays you need a masters to make any money and even then it is hard to find a job
Healthcare office management - anony
[ In Reply To ..]
We have a lot of large clinics and hospitals around here and lots of times they are looking for people with AA degrees for different office things, can't remember the exact title but lots of times they require AA degrees. I know I won't make a lot of money but I can make decent money. I may continue on for a bachelor's degree after that, but I am gonna start with this and see where it leads.
Sounds good, good luck to you - meanie
[ In Reply To ..]
Hope you find something satisfying in the medical field

Similar Messages:

Ends In -rhagia
Mar 19, 2011

GI consult and doc says this "patient has no hematemesis, s/o menorrhagia, or bright red blood per rectum." This is an 80-year-old man, so it cANNOT be menorrhagia. So what is a blood-related condition associated with GI problems? I can only think of hemoptysis and I know there are probably a million other things it could be, but I can't think of them.  What ends in rhagia for the GI system? ...

Unemployment Unexpectedly Ends, Still No Job. Sm
Nov 16, 2010

Just some history:  I have been in denial for over a year thinking that I would easily get another job after being with MQ for nine years.  Ha!  I resisted going into another field as I really love transcribing and everything medical in general, also a former RN 25 years ago.  I have gotten a few offers for IC at a ridiculous rate and declined.  Mostly, I have not gotten even a response when applying for a position.  Now comes my belated rude awakening wi ...

How Do You Make Ends Meet?
Nov 05, 2011

I have been transcribing for over 26 years and now I can't even make ends meet.  Does anyone else have the problem of having to be a workaholic or not be able to survive financially?  PLEASE give me any hints that have helped you out.  I'm tired and frustrated.  Thanks! ...

I Just Love How My TSM Ends All Her Emails With
Mar 21, 2015

any questions you may have.....only to completely IGNORE my emails when I do have them.     ...

Can Someone Tell Me When TransTech Pay Period Begins And Ends
Jul 30, 2010

nm ...

Supplemental Insurance Coverage Ends Aug 31
Aug 29, 2012

If you have the Critical Accident, Cancer, Short Term Disability, etc through Alpha Staff, it is ending August 31, I was told by a phone call to Alpha today. Have not heard anything from Colonial yet regarding a new policy. Just to let anyone know who cares. ...

Time To Regroup; UE Extension Ends 12/29
Nov 18, 2012

I am almost 50 and have been in the MT field for over 25 years.  Certified, consultant, national sales rep, own company -- did all that and sold the T-shirts too.  Finally the stress of being an MTSO adversely affected my health so I resumed just being a regular ole MT.  That's a tangent, though... In the last 3 years, two hospital employers outsourced the MT Dept. Of course, both times we were ineligible for unemployment.  I went to work for a service who lai ...

Daylight Savings Time Ends 11/03/14
Oct 30, 2013

Spring Ahead, Fall Back If you work third shift, Sat-Sun, clock out at 1am, do something productive until 2am is turned back to 1am, unless you have work and need an extra hour of lines. Just saying... ...

How Many Of You HAVE To Work 2 Jobs To Make Ends Meet?
Jul 03, 2010

Having Trouble Making Ends Meet At Transcend?
May 10, 2011

For those of you interested in Transcend's Q1 public statement, go here: http://www.gurufocus.com/StockLink.php?type=sec&symbol=TRCR&date=2011-05-09&report=10-Q Also, for those Transcend MTs having difficulty making a living...(again, this is public information for their COO) Compensation for 2010 Salary $275,000.00 Bonus $0.00 Restricted stock awards $435,780.00 All other compensation $2,206.00 Option awards $ $0.00 Non-equity i ...

Ok, I'll Bite. Is ANYONE Able To Make Ends Meet At M*Modal? Sm
Dec 30, 2012

I am not asking if you are happy.  I haven't been happy being an MT for years.  I just want to be able to pay my bills, have an income and pay my bills.  I'm not making what I made years ago either, but I can pay my bills (not much left over after that's done.)  I am stuck with M*Modal for the time being and not of my choice.  I have worked for other large nationals that were constantly bad mouthed, and I was able to make a living at them.  Does anyon ...

Struggling To Make Ends Meet. Anyone Know Who Pays Weekly?
Apr 08, 2013

any help is appreciated. i checked the archives but there is nothing very current.  ...

Considering Training To Be A MT
Oct 10, 2009

I am considering an online school to learn Medical Transcription.  What does the future look like for upcoming MT's?  With all the medical changes coming, would this be a career to consider?  Thanks for any help! Debbie ...

Training To Be An MT
Nov 15, 2009

I am a mom of 3 boys with a lot of secretarial experience. I have taken several college courses recently including Anatomy&Physiology, Medical Terminology, Medical Transcription and Advanced but cannot find a job. Everyone looks for experience. I am in the process of applying to Everett Community College for their certificate. I would love opinions from current MTs regarding your opinion on beginning this career. Is it still a good option? I hear so many differing opinions on the future. Do ...

Does MQ Pay For Training?
Nov 17, 2009

How long does training takes?  How long do they give you to get up to speed, meaning getting your required lines in.  Do they pay a shift differential? ...

Training Pay?
Jan 25, 2010

Anyone know how long you are supposed to get training pay? Came back to company for some extra $$ and thought I was told this is a 90 day thing, but 2nd paycheck was on production pay though I am still 100% QA? Anyone have any suggestions on this?  I am so confused now. ...

Training-----------Best?
Aug 04, 2010

hello... I'm looking for opinions and advice from MTs as to where I should get my MT training.  Where do most MT companies like their MTs to have their MT training?  Thank you   ...

Still In Training
Jan 29, 2011

I am still in training, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the software and or equipment I could go ahead and purchase to help me get through my training more smoothly.  My dictation at this time is on a CD disk and wondered if a foot petal would help me at this point.  Thanks,   bettyboop ...

Training Someone To Be An MT
Mar 21, 2011

Has anyone tried to train someone else to be an MT on their own, without the courses?  I am a CMT and have 18 years experience - I have a couple family members that would like to learn to become an MT but cannot afford the course.  I am considering trying to train them myself - any suggestions? ...

TT Training
Jun 12, 2011

What is the latest on the training for no pay?  Is is still going to happen?  Did it happen or did TT decided to do the right thing and pay for MTs time?  ...

CNA Training
Aug 17, 2011

Has anyone here taken CNA training, leading to LVN, maybe an RN some day.  I am taking an accounting class, but after doing medical transcription for so many years iit is not very stimulating.    ...

Training For VR
Oct 22, 2011

Is there a training course you can take to ramp up your lines in VR?  Even a book would be nice.  Anyone know of anything?? ...

What Is The Training Like At - Sm
Mar 01, 2012

Precyse?  And how long did it take you to get up to speed once it was over? ...

TTD VR Training
May 29, 2012

Anybody working on this and happy with this company?  ...

VR Training
Jun 15, 2012

Good morning, everyone I am just beginning to learn VR editing and I was wondering if anyone has any tips they can share about how to learn all the keyboard shortcuts there are ? There are so many and I am feeling overwhelmed. Thanks everyone ! ...

Training For 7.1
Aug 07, 2012

About 6 weeks back I finished the training for 7.0.  We were then told that go live was August 20, and that we had to do new training.  I just did it.  Ladies and gents, I am sorry to say I am scared to death.  First of all, I have ADD, and it is hard for me to understand things right away.  I am not stupid, but only a person with ADD understands what I am saying.  I am going to go over all the training again and again, as that is how I learn things (even in college ...

RE: No Training Pay For
Aug 20, 2012

I asked my CCM and she said no training pay, other than watching the videos. I know some people on this board said they got addition cpl during the first week. Wish there was some consistency to this company! Who to complain to?? ...

TTS Training Pay?
Sep 25, 2012

I'm finding it difficult to obtain an answer to this. Does anyone know if they pay for so many hours of training? I'm fearing they do not pay training at all. TIA ...

Pay During Training
Oct 08, 2012

Hi all! I have applied to a few jobs since leaving my last one, and I'm finding that most companies do not even pay while the MT is training or trying to ramp up. Then, I was looking at Amphion, and they pay new MTs for 3 months while getting up to speed? That doesn't seem real! How can anyone afford to start a new job?! ...

Who Is Training ASR??? Definitely Not The MT!
Jul 04, 2013

Every day ASR gets increasingly of base.  There are so many times when I have to sit and search each line looking for anything that remotely resembles what is being clearly dictated. It started out with maybe 35% accuracy before editing.  Now it barely makes 20%. It inserts phrases that were never dictated, apparently just because that dictator dictated that phrase at one time in the past on a different patient.  It is having fun with "ALLERGIES" now.  It started off only usi ...