A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Remarkably poor Webmedx - This is a chicken s**t way to do people

Posted: Sep 01, 2010

Ever notice how the MTSOs voted for anything always end up - doling out the worst treatment?

[ In Reply To ..]
Weren't they supposedly voted best employer or something like that? Transcend voted best in Klas. Seems like their heads get a little to big for their office doorways and they forget how to treat people.

wonder if they waited to do layoffs until after they - got their award - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Hah. Yeah, that little "best employer to work for!" survey is over now. nm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Well, check out where they put their people--MTIA, AHDI, etc. - K

[ In Reply To ..]
Put them in positions of power in all of the decision-making organizations in the industry. If someone is in an important position already, then by all means, hire them. Push for your definition of what a "line" is so that will give your company an advantage.

I think the u-know-what could be just about ready - to hit the fan with all dishonest MTSOs.

[ In Reply To ..]
And that would be.... ALL of them. Honesty and a morally responsible way of doing business don't exist in these MT middlemen companies. There was extremely little of it even back in the old days, but now there is NONE. NADA. ZIP. ZILCH.

We all know we're being screwed by them. But I wonder how many clients realize it's happening to them, too?

You never know. The day just might come when the fad of sending transcription out to these off-site (and offshore) MT pimps will lose its luster, and MTs will once again be an important part of the healthcare team again. Working directly for the client, and NOT for someone who is cheating us out of money we earned.

Let them all pack up their slimy MT-pimp businesses, and move to other countries, because they sure aren't true Americans, and they don't deserve to live here.

Ironic that they claim they take action with integrity sm - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
when they didn't even have the decency to notify those people with a telephone call.

They make tons of false claims! nm - Like Employer of the Year

[ In Reply To ..]

So you don't want to be called back when the work comes back? nm - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]

The meeting on the community board did say - Anon.

[ In Reply To ..]
those laid off would be contacted immediately when new positions opened up, but it sounds like the answer here is a definite no. At least right now. It must also be upsetting for the managers who work with us to not be allowed to discuss this with their people--of course, NOT a fraction as upsetting as what these very angry people are going through. Tomorrow's another day.

meeting on community board - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
Really? That's what they told me too...last September! Guess what I haven't been contacted and it's been nearly a year...so please, don't hold your breath!
Did you finally look for another job; how long did you wait - Curious
[ In Reply To ..]

Just curious.  Was it a lay-off?  Did you find another job or were you able to collect Unemployment this whole time? 

Thanks 

Druther starve than ever go back. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]

You are joking, right? - I want some of what you are smoking!

[ In Reply To ..]
They will not be calling anyone back. They just said that to make THEMSELVES feel better so they could sleep last night.

All of you should get together and PICKET - right in front of their main office. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

No we shouldn't. Let's demonstrate the class we - want in our employers.

[ In Reply To ..]
Not very many people were laid off and will be eligible for rehire eventually. Not great, but not cause for pitchforks and torches.

Really? - exwebber

[ In Reply To ..]
You must be one who did not get laid off, I would like to know how many of us were let go. I for one have been at this a long time, never had any quality issues, worked extra when asked, flexed when asked, gave up weekends to work, I think I deserved more than a form letter telling me I was terminated. I don't think I will be holding my breath for the call back, they could not even tell us in person, but they can tell the remaining employees what they did? How stupid is that. Very unprofessional and definitely lacks the integrity they claim to have.
how much do you wanna bet.... - remarkable my butt
[ In Reply To ..]
...that everyone who was laid off was a long time employee?

I'd bet dollars to donuts that they laid off all the loyal long time employees 'cause they were making more money than new hires and they're just keeping the new hires so they don't hafta pay out as much so the greedy pigs at the top can still make the big bucks.

I, for one, was a long time employee there.

Anyone else?
Unfortunately no - exwebber
[ In Reply To ..]
Hired in January, terminated in September.
Amen! They have NO integrity - Remarkable Lack Thereof
[ In Reply To ..]
cretins
Standard procedure these days in all industries. - Regrettable But The Way It Is.NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
NO it is NOT the way it is done. NOBODY gets laid off my e-mail. - Stop trying to justify your cowardly move.
[ In Reply To ..]
cowards.
Your whole friggin company is "regrettable." - And may you live to regret it!
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Yeah - instead of REMARKABLE, now we have - REGRETTABLE!
[ In Reply To ..]
my my how the worm turns...

Not very many people. So they say. Do you really know sm - webbo

[ In Reply To ..]
if that's true? It could be 100, how would we ever know?

Yeah, that"ll get you noticed alright. NOT! - Give me a pitchfork AND a picket sign!

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Oh you bought that, did you? What do you call "not many?" - K

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Like the CLASS WE were shown?? - Remember the Golden Rule?

[ In Reply To ..]
The MTs have always shown more class than the MTSOs - give us a break! At least we are honest and ethical.
The Golden Rule doesn't say do to them what they did to you. - The Golden Rule
[ In Reply To ..]
The Golden Rule says do unto others what you would LIKE them to do unto you. If you want honest, ethical treatment in the future, it isn't going to happen by acting like they do. There is also another adage in the Bible that says, "You reap what you sow." MTSOs will get what's coming to them without us doing it. If we keep our integrity during all this, we'll benefit from it.
I actually prefer that old saying, - "An eye for an eye". THAT would make me happy.
[ In Reply To ..]
X
When is the last time they laid off a suit? - Never, right?
[ In Reply To ..]
And what would be the savings ratio if they did? The salary of 1 suit would equal how many MT salaries?
1 suit would probably = about 10 MTs, maybe more. - So with the current layoffs, - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder how many new suits The Spider will be able to hire? Two? Three?

Agreed. I have been laid off in the past... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
...It's a shock to be on the receiving end of a pink slip. It's miserable. But picket? Really?

Where are the cheerleaders now? The ones who say sm - webbo

[ In Reply To ..]
we should go somewhere else if we don't like it? I wonder if they were laid off and if so, how they feel now?

Don't kick them when they're down. sm - K

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand your point. Truly, I do. But all of us, can we for once learn this: There's no reason to cheerlead for any company on these boards or any others. MTSOs are not LOYAL to you. Your employer does not care. This is the, what, 2nd? largest MTSO, the one that touts themselves as "remarkable" and waves their AHDI Employer of the Year banner ... and then they do this, in this way, to some people who had been with the company 5 years, 7 years, more.

There is NO employer you can trust right now. There is NO job that is secure. There is NO position that isn't replaceable. When you cheerlead for your employer here, you're being an unpaid recruiter. And see what these companies are doing to us!

I hurt for the people who were laid off regardless of whatever they did on the boards in the past. When what was once touted as the last "good" MTSO to work starts showing their true colors, there is nothing left in this field you can trust.

They are not loyal to you, so don't be recruiting for them -- ANY company here. We need to start sticking together and supporting each other. This field was already difficult before this economy.

If you were laid off, please know you have so much support here, so many people thinking good thoughts for you. Please stay strong.

Good post! You have a good heart. - I agree with you.

[ In Reply To ..]
Very good point. Let's not pick on each other - let's put the blame squarely where it belongs - the greedy MTSOs and the even greedier AHDI. They have combined to sell us ALL down the river in a neat little boat called MTIA.

Let's place our anger where it belongs - on those suits who have ruined a perfectly good career field with their never ending greed and quest to be "The Best"

I agree with you that MTs should start sticking - together. Its US vs THEM, now!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

cheerleading - cj

[ In Reply To ..]
I truly feel for everyone who works for an MTSO that has treated them badly in any regard, loss of wages, no work, layoffs, unfair QA, or anything. however, there actually still good companies out there. I know because I work for one. They have always treated me with nothing but respect and fairness. To denigrate all MTSOs is just wrong. There are still decent ones out there, and they do not deserve to be lumped into this category of greedy and uncaring. They do deserve to be appreciated even more in light of what their competitors do. I will cheerlead for mine any and every day of the week.
Except today? What is their name? - what would be the point
[ In Reply To ..]
Cheerleading for an anonymous company is a waste of everyone's time.
the point - cj
[ In Reply To ..]
The point would be to state that there are still good companies and that lumping them all into a negative category is just not fair. I will not share the name. I don't want them buried in unsolicited resumes. Their employees stick around; there is not much turnover and not often a need to hire.
Cheerleading anonymously? Why bother? - Proof or propaganda
[ In Reply To ..]
Its "not fair"? You're going to make it fair by claiming there is ONE good (anonymous) company out there that OF COURSE has not a single job to offer anybody? That doesn't make anything "fair", it just gives you a chance to brag. Inappropriate to brag about your anonymously wonderful company to those who just got laid off! Are you PROUD of yourself for hogging the good job all to yourself and bragging to those who have NOTHING? What a piece of work!
Start your own thread about your company - this thread not about YOU
[ In Reply To ..]
We are speaking about Webmedx cheerleaders and Webmedx layoffs. If neither of these pertain to you and you refuse to even name your company, start a general thread on the Main board. This board is for SPECIFIC NAMED companies (not secretly great ones that have no job openings). You are speaking inappropriately and callously to speak about your experiences here.

Were the layoffs mostly MT or mostly QA? - I feel horrid for you guys. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Poor Audio
Mar 09, 2010

Doesn't it just seem wrong when you can hear the neighboring doctor's dictation better than you can YOUR dictator?  Do they just hand the phone across the way and say "would you hold this for me?"  ...

Poor Concentration With SR
Mar 29, 2012

Has anyone had a really hard time concentrating since going to speech recognition work, and figured out how to overcome it??  I've tried using the on line clock, and find that I am actually getting about 5 hours in within my 8 hours.  Seems like the harder I try to concentrate the more my mind wanders. ...

Seriously? They Think The Poor Editing Is Due To The Red Box????
Aug 28, 2012

The red box does not bother me at all.  What bothers me is the lousy 4 cpl for the edited report which I think is more work.   Maybe THAT'S what causes the poor editing.  ...

Poor Dictators
Jun 05, 2015

There are some weekends where the dictation is tolerable.  This must be MM's "idiot dictators weekend" because that is all I've had today.  Ranging from the moron who tries to dictate with so much static on the line that I have to leave 15+ blanks because SR didn't "recognize" anything to the dumb one that dictates 300 seconds of a report but leaves the phone off the hook so I get to hear conversations, intercoms, beeping, phones ringing, banging, etc., for 1500 seconds. ...

Poor Quality - Vent
Sep 02, 2011

Working for one of my prn jobs yesterday and had to look in the patient's chart to get information.  Found a hospital discharge summary on the patient dictated by a doctor I also type for in a different group and was appalled at the poor quality of the transcription.  In the first line was transcribed that the patient was transferred from HAMSTER Hospital - nope, no Hamster hospitals around here - then an easy blank in the review of systems and another in the physical exam pl ...

Brain Fog, Poor Concentration
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone have brain fog and difficulty concentrating when listening to speakers sometimes?  If so, what do you do to help clear the cobwebs so you can get back and focus on the work?  I can use any tips you may have.  Thanks in advance. ...

Sound Quality Very Poor
Aug 31, 2012

Is it me or is it that the sound quality is getting worse and worse on these accounts.  Ever since last year when they had the town hall meeting saying they were making improvements (e mails, etc.) and then they got bought, seems all that improving stopped.  Half of the work I get every day or more are simple inaudible, I cannot hear or the static is so bad, or the sound so low, I have to send to QA b/c these are not intelligible. Is it me, or has it always been this bad?  We are ...

Extremely Poor Treatment
Dec 11, 2012

I work for 96 physicians who (rightfylly so) expect the best and fastest quality transciption. However, when seen as a patient, I get the most horrid treatment (and fradulent) treatment possible (most most by clients.) I not only receive "steroid" injections that obviously have no steroids (only receive a few hours of pain relief) to dental care with crowns falling off after 2 weeks (I have had temporary crowns on as long as 3-4 years). These temporary crowns are put in and appointments reschedu ...

ESL & Poor Dictator Stress
Feb 01, 2013

No more microscopic QA dissection for me. My new plan is to shoot the job full of blanks and send it in - far less stressful for sure. Each and every time I hear something that I am not 100% sure of - they get a blank. This is not now nor was it ever MY personal problem. Today I'm quite tired of being penalized for someone else's inability to dictate clear enough to perfectly discern what was said. No more cleaning up sentences either. QA: Verbatim you want? Verbatim you get. ...

What Would Cause Such Poor Sound Quality? Sm
Mar 26, 2013

I know my hearing has not changed but it seems that the sound quality of the dictation lately has changed.  It doesn't matter whether I'm using a cphone or downloaded voice files.  On A LOT of the dictations there seems to be a whooshing sound (for lack of a better description) in the background.   On others there seems to be a squeaking sound as if the doctor is playing with the phone cord.  Is this because the docs are now dictating directly into the computer ...

Poor Sound Quality
Oct 07, 2013

Almost ALL reports done so far this a.m. have had the worst quality.  Dictation cutting in and out, muffled speech, turning head away from phone, shuffling of papers, talking in background.  COME ON!!!  This job is difficult enough.  Quit wasting my time on this garbage.  ARGH. ...

Poor Patient Was Just Subjected
Dec 05, 2013

a transrectal echocardiogram... or so the VR thought!  ...

POOR QUALITY AUDIO
May 29, 2014

Trying to finish my shift for Mmodal.  Doing maintenance on phones, but what a ride it's been trying to do transcription.  The audio is all garbled like an old loop system that has been used to the max.  Leaving more blanks that transcribed product on the page.  There are going to be some  unhappy docs over this. ...

For Those Of You Who Are Having Your Pay Docked For Poor Performance
Jan 17, 2015

Here is a link you may be interested in. http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/2012/10/29/8-workplace-rights-your-employer-might-not-tell-you-about ...

Poor Management Or Do They Want Us To Quit
Mar 21, 2015

NJA.  Call work flow # and they say there are no jobs throughout the company.  Get e-mail stating there is still mandatory OT.  Beyond frustraiting. ...

Help Poor Sound Quality Report
Apr 03, 2011

Please HELP!!!  What is the policy when you have a 22 minute dictation and the sound quality is so poor you can only understand may be every 4th or 5th word/phrase.  I already have about 25 blanks and I'm only about 5 minutes in.  I have been a tier 3 MT for 12+ years and am not trying to pass the buck here.  I believe it is actually a mechanical malfunction on his end.  There are times when it is dead silent and I can't tell if he is dictating or not through i ...

InScribe Poor Sound Quality
Oct 14, 2012

I'm just wondering if poor sound quality (very muffled) can be due to other things than dictator using cell phone, etc.  I recently started working with Inscribe, and sometimes it seems like every single dictator is very hard to hear clearly (static, overall muffled, etc), so I'm wondering if it's something to do with a temporary condition related to the Inscribe platform/server or the hospital.   Before this account, I got all my dictation over the phone, so this is new to m ...

Source Of Problem With MT Is Poor Dictation.
Aug 15, 2014

Even with bad pay and clunky platforms, a somewhat living wage could be eked out if they just did their part correctly. I think this is the real problem with MT, not MTSOs, nor offshoring, nor VR. Garbage in, garbage out. ...

Punished For Blanks Because Of Poor Dictators
Apr 01, 2015

Vent time.....just my 2 cents.  It really irritates me that MTs pay has come down to this,  based on the type of system that this employer has put into place, which reduces our pay even more because of poor quality doctors that the hospitals employ.  One fine example, an MT only allowed to leave 1 blank before sending to QA, but QA is allowed to leave 4 before sending on...SO, 2 or more people have now listened to this report and STILL have to leave blanks, and for YEARS this comp ...

NuWay (formerly RX:Transcription) - Any Info? Do They Pay MTs For Poor Audio
Mar 03, 2010

Anyone currently work or previously worked for NuWay (formerly RX:Transcription)?  Can you verify if you are paid by the gross line or by a 65-character line?  Their ad says 8 CPL (but does not say what a line constitutes).  Their website says they charge by the gross line.  Just wondering if that also applies to how the Independent Contractor is paid?  NuWay Office Solutions (formerly RX: Transcription) is hiring for an experienced part-time neuro MT.  Appro ...

What Did He Say? Poor Sound Quality This Past Month.
Jun 11, 2014

A lot of the reports I've had in recent weeks have been hard to hear.  I'll start to think it's my hearing or my headset, then one will come in crystal clear, and I realize the others are just muffled.  Back in the days of tapes, we'd get scratchy, muffled tapes from time to time, but I never would have thought in the year 2014 with digital technology, I'd still be dealing with the same problem. ...

Doctor Reporting Poor Quality Reports....
Feb 18, 2015

sooooo...I just received an email from the quality person of the day.  She said the client requested an audit of all reports for a certain provider based upon poor quality.  Two of my reports came up on this audit as being below 99.5.  These reports had 1-point errors on them because of omitted and/or inserted medical words.    I am not denying that I made the mistakes.  However, if there is a consistent quality problem with a certain provider, perhaps...and I kno ...

Typing Speed Cut In Half With Poor Dictators? Try This...
May 29, 2015

It can be shocking to see what your actual typing speed averages with poor dictators, pauses in dictation, having to research, etc. Take your total lines per shift. Divide by number of hours you work. Times  11 (I believe average words per line) Divided by 60 (minutes)  Equals your words per minute.  So if you do what many MTSOs require,  250 lines transcription per hour, your average typing speed to achieve that is 45.8 WPM.  If your typing ...

Article - Doctor Claims Poor EMR Training Cost Him His Job
Oct 27, 2011

Ha! This thing looks like as I predicted....a disaster waiting to happen.   http://www.fierceemr.com/story/fired-doctor-my-ehr-training-was-poor/2011-10-27?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal ...

Someone Tell Focus Their VR Is Poor;"bowel Tracks" Instead Of Valtrex
Dec 20, 2009

Pay us FULL transcription rate for poor voice recognition that we must spend a lot of time fixing. If it has ONLY a a couple of errors, that would be the only justified reason for less cents-per-line voice recognition pay. Shame on you, Focus. ...

If I Hear "poor Den Attention" Or
Nov 12, 2011

"the importance of smoking sensation was reviewed" one more time, I'm going to lose my mind!  Doing a string of notes by the world's laziest, fastest dictator.  So tempted to transcribe verbatim and see what happens! ...

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...