A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Organized or not, MT or not, global economy or not, - the very bottom line is this: sm

Posted: Aug 16, 2011

During a time when millions of Americans are out of work, with no hope in sight of finding another job, and people up in Washington jabbering away about "Fixing the economy", the bottom line, and the truth, is this:

No American company should be putting bigger profits ahead of all else.  Not when so many skilled Americans are in such dire need.  It's just not right, and it's time to tell the government we won't tolerate their allowing big business to squash the rest of us under their heels. 

Employers should be hiring AMERICANS FIRST.  In the long run, if they would just look a little bit beyond their own noses, they would see that hiring and giving benefits to 2 American workers is better financially AND morally, than hiring 8 offshore workers for pennies on the dollar.  Why?  Because we're all connected in one way or another, in this country, and what goes around financially will eventually come around.  If companies want to grow their businesses, and also help to plant the seeds of a better America in the future, then they need to stop contributing to the impoverishment of the American middle class. 

bottom line - usa all the way

[ In Reply To ..]
ya pretty much summed it up

What IS an American company? sm - Certainly not MQ

[ In Reply To ..]
Most large corporations these days are considered multinational and we even have a presidential candidate that considers corporations to be people.

Do you buy from Walmart where they ship manufacturing jobs to China?

How about tech products where most of them are made in Asia?

Car with parts made overseas?

There are very few of us who are not complicit in this situation (not blaming anyone, just stating reality) and unfortunatley this country is tied to the global marketplace and it's not going to go away, certainly not anytime soon judging by what we have in Washington.

Well that's another problem: Foreign nationals should - NOT be allowed to own any part of the US.

[ In Reply To ..]
Not a company, not a shipyard, not even a bar or a motel. NADA.

They also should't be allowed to "own" American workers, either, as they currently do with most MTs that work (or slave!) for MTSOs.

Organized or not...... - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
You make more sense than some of the so-called economists and financial analysts I have heard lately. What you say is so true. You are a wise person.

Similar Messages:

Getting Organized
Aug 23, 2013

Signing petitions is good.  So good, in fact, as a far right winger it annoys me I had to go to Moveon.org to sign a petition.  Why isn't my side doing the same?  Why don't we political opponents realize that sometimes we must come to the same conclusion, have the same goals, even if we approach them from completely opposite philosopical point of view? Anyway, at the end of the thread below I wrote an impassioned plea to all the passive nay-sayers whose only ans ...

Has The Time Come For An Organized
Feb 23, 2010

The one thing that MTSO's rely on is that the individual isolation of the transcriptionist working from home will prevent her from ever taking any kind of organized action against their indifference, the cost-shifting that they do, the lack of respect for their people, their unconcern about deteriorating earnings, their crappy pay for "voice recognition work", or whatever new outrage they can think of next. I think they're right. I think all of us rats are just going to go down wit ...

How Do You All Keep Your Acct Specs Organized?
Jul 28, 2011

I'm sure a lot of you work on multiple accounts. I work on 3 different accounts. Right now I have my account specifics on my desktop, but this is aggravating to me. I think it would be easier to print them and put them in a binder to have easy access to them and put each hospital in its own tabbed section. Some people may think it's easier to have them on their desktop where they can click on them and leave them open in the background, but then I scroll and seems like cannot find w ...

In This Economy, Would You (sm)
Mar 07, 2012

take a job with a one hour commute?  It is an in-house transcription position and pays $16.  I know it is not the greatest pay but at this point I am wondering if it is worth it just to get out from the whole MTSO thing.  Honest opinions appreciated. ...

Layoffs, Acquisitions, Economy, Companies. Sm
Sep 03, 2010

With the economy the way it is, layoffs happen.  Do you really think that companies like to lay people off?  If they lay people off, there is less being transcribed and less being invoiced and less profit lining their pockets.  While I agree that email seems a cold way to lay people off, what option did they have?  Everyone works remotely, right?  If they started to make phone calls, it would've caused a panic for those who weren't being laid off.  This wa ...

Article About Economy Slump Pushing Ppl Down The Ladder. MT
Sep 10, 2012

x ...

Do You Think That As The Economy Improves That Industry Wide Salaries Will Begin To Improve?
Sep 22, 2010

I know and accept the fact (albeit grudgingly) that ASR and offshoring are the wave of the future, but do you think that as the economy improves that things will cycle and what we do will once again become valued with the recognition of our value being reflected in higher salaries?  Or do you think that the unhappy reality is that regardless of the economy salaries will either remain stagnant or continue to trend downward? Thanks in advance for your input. ...

Global Info Systems Not Global Solutions
May 06, 2013

Has anyone ever worked for Global Info Systems?    ...

Global TN
Mar 11, 2010

I just had an awful reply from Global TN regarding my resume.  I have 20 years' experience.  I actually have an Associate's degree in Transcription (way back in 1989) and their response was that I was not really qualified.  They said because I do not type acute care (which I do?), have only typed for 3-4 years (clearly not true) and I do not own a C-phone.  I listed my DAC digital system on the resume.  Wouldn't someone in the transcription business know t ...

Global
Jul 31, 2010

Has anyone heard of Global Marketing Solutions, supposedly a job placement agency with "plenty" of clients for Transcription - good or bad. ...

OSI . . . Global Network?
Mar 23, 2010

What do they mean when they say "global network of transcriptionists?"  THis means they outsource? ...

Yet Another Global Call Of BS
Jul 28, 2010

Let me boil it down for you. India = GREAT US = SUCKS more later when my head cools down. ...

Global InfoSystems
Aug 16, 2010

Anyone know anything about this company, Global INfo Systems, TX?  Thanks ...

Superior Global?
Mar 08, 2011

Anyone heard of this company? ...

DQS/DQM Has Global Issue
Apr 06, 2012

I spoke to someone at the 800 number and was told there is a global issue for both DQS and DQM.  He gave me a ticket number and said to try again in 15 minutes.  He gave me the ticket number so I would have proof I called in case there was a question as to why I'm not working. ...

Anyone Know What They Pay The Global Transcriptionists?
Nov 16, 2012

How can they possibly get paid less than us? We get paid peanuts and if it is so lucrative for this company to send stuff offshore just wondering what they pay the indian transcriptionists?  ...

Anyone Now About Global Solutions?
May 06, 2013

Has anyone worked for this company?  Any comments? ...

Global Synovectomy?
Oct 17, 2013

Is this correct?  I am pretty new to orthopedic surgery reports.  Also, does anyone have a suggestion for a good orthopedic terminology website for reference?  ...

Global Solutions
Oct 27, 2014

Curious if anyone has experience working for Global Solutions or Futurenet Group (apparently parent company)?  Please let me know if you had good or bad experience.  This will be helpful.  THANKS SO MUCH! ...

Global Edemanus Presentation?
Nov 08, 2009

there is a global edemanus presentation of the left upper extremity consistent with chronic lymph edema       ...

SUPERIOR GLOBAL SOLUTIONS
Nov 14, 2009

I worked about 3-4 weeks for SGS.  The people were really really nice.  The pay was on time.  The problem lies with too many Q.A. people and all having different opinions and no one agreeing on the same thing.  They nick-picked me to pieces.  I had a job come up today and it was a STAT.  I had no idea it was stat.  I was in Q.A. being checked for everything, so I was doing my normal be careful speed and they said hurry it up.  So, I did and then they would not let me have the line count ...

Global Info Systems GIS
Jan 08, 2010

Can anyone give me any information on Global Info Systems (GIS).  Thank you. ...

Any Information About Superior Global?
Jan 20, 2010

Anyone have any information about Superior Global? Being outsourced to them in March and wondering if I should go with them or not. Not much choice really at this point, just wanted to know if anyone has worked for them. Thanks. ...

Superior Global - The Pay Was Also Awful
Feb 25, 2010

I've been sending out resumes, and taking tests that must end up in cyberspace, even though I pass them, hear nothing.  Then I hear from Superior Global, passed the test, no problem.  The recruiter calls me, and her dictation is awful, and her command of the English language equally as poor.  I thanked her, and said I'd think about it.  However, that first impression left me less than luke warm.  The recruiter above all people in the company should excel in communication skills, a ...

Anyone Apply To Superior Global Job Ad?
Jan 21, 2011

If you applied, have you heard anything back yet?  I haven't heard anything back yet so I was just wondering. ...

Superior Global Solutions..anyone QA For Them?
Jan 30, 2011

I have been looking for an hourly QA job for a while now and realizing that I made 18,000 last year with a good education and lots of experience really put the emphasis on how much I want to go hourly.  I am (I think) good at what I do and pride myself on accuracy.  Editing offshore work on production pay isn't working for me at my current position because the reports are a mess and take FOREVER.  At any rate, I've sent out about 8 resumes so far in the last 3 weeks with ...

Superior Global Solutions In TX
Sep 15, 2011

I cannot for the life of me figure out whether Superior Global Solutions out of Plano, Texas offshores or not.  There is a sentence on their web page that says "....and US and internationally based labor", and I have searched high and low on the web for any kind of good or bad about them and can find nothing!  I have heard now from a couple of people that they are a good company and so I was going to apply until I read that!  I even searched for a list of US medical transcrip ...

Global Info Systems?
Apr 23, 2012

Does anyone know anything about this company?  Did anyone test or know what they are paying?  Pay on time?  Enough work?  Any info? ...

GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jul 03, 2012

Need recent info on GIS please. Just been contacted by them for an IC position, straight typing @.05 a line! When I asked why so low, I was informed there is a ton of docs, work and a lot of repetition in the templates, so they feel you are getting a lot of free lines! That being said, I'm still shocked that these companies continue to go lower and lower on the line rates! Considering I have been an MT over 20 years, this is crazy to me, but I did read a couple of old posts here that this i ...

Any Info On Superior Global
Jul 06, 2012

Does anyone have any info on Superior?  Are they a good company to work for?  Line rate?  Actually have work during shift?  How is the VR platform? Considering job offer.  Thanks for any info. ...