A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Maybe just a plan to recycle groups of 60 to - force them into quitting when

Posted: Mar 11, 2014

they can't pass the QA of the apprenticeship and conveniently there are no more MT positions to move to. Would definitely save them money than having a mass layoff and their unemployment account rated accordingly. You never know. The whole timing of this new "program" just seems so suspect. I really hope this isn't the case and those applying and hoping to get in do find it a positive experience, but I think there are too many red flags and the whole timing is suspect, as if it were thought up overnight with a bigger unseen plan attached to it. If this were a win-win for employee and company, wouldn't they have attempted to employ it before they were in dire straights?

I really hate it when something that should - sound paranoid, makes so much sense.

[ In Reply To ..]
I am going to go for it anyway.

McDonald's or Wal-Mart will still be there if it doesn't work out.

It doesn't make sense at all! - Coder

[ In Reply To ..]
Training programs cost the employer. Why would they pay you hourly x 20 hrs/week for 3 months, then the apprenticeship, to freaking get you off their employee rolls?

I came home from work today, looked at this board, and I see post after post after post from mostly ONE person, who has apparently spent most of her day concocting conspiracy-theory craziness, fabricating bizarre facts, twisting things, and misquoting me.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind why she isn't interested in applying ... with behavior that bizarre, she is either not an MM employee or she is a problem MM employee who knows she would never be selected. Nobody who exhibits that degree of disturbance and rancor could be anything else.

Don't listen to those people.

How do you know its one person asking all the questions? - I asked one

[ In Reply To ..]
I doubt all the posts were from one. I think plenty are concerned, and maybe justified depending on lenth of time served here.
I said "mostly," not "all." - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
No msg.
Are you an MM coder? If so, quick question. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
How are MM coder's paid? Hourly or production.

TIA!!

I wish we could get an MM coder on here - but see message
[ In Reply To ..]
the website says, for coders, "competitive pay" whatever that means, 3 weeks PTO, 7 paid holidays, and bonuses.
Someone posted links to the AAPC and AHIMA - Salary surveys
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Yeah, but those are the numbers now, not after MM gets through - with them. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
youre not an MM coder, so how can you comment at all - not even an HDS
[ In Reply To ..]
How can you make a judgment that people are fabricating stories? You have no idea what these people have gone through!

I agree, sounds like a disgruntled employee stirring the pot - East MT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

came home today - only poster here

[ In Reply To ..]
You do not work at home? Your input is appreciated, but yours is only 1 opinion. Disgruntled or not, each poster's input is appreciated in this very serious matter.
each poster's input? no way!!! - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Most of the posts I've read make us look utterly ridiculous, paranoid, and quite frankly, stupid. It's disturbing to say the least. Why so many are speculating here instead of asking their supervisors and/or recruiter in charge of the program bewilders me. These are the people afraid of change, afraid of opportunity, or too lazy and/or scared to make a change to better their lives.
Yeah, because upper management has always been so honest and - forthcoming... LOL. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you even work for MM?? All of our fears are COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED.

Similar Messages:

MT/MLS Advocacy Groups?
Jan 18, 2013

Does anyone know if there are any advocacy groups or something for us out there? I've been seriously screwed over by Nuance in such a huge way that I can't even describe it in the word count most places allow. I was hoping that there was someone, some group, anybody out there that we can go to in our profession for help or advice or whatever. Any help would really be great. Thanks. ...

Online Support Groups For MTs
May 08, 2014

Reading this site has confirmed what I already knew--that medical transcriptionists everywhere are being squeezed, cut, marginalized, denigrated, demoralized by the current trends in our industry.   This has taken a major toll on my emotional, as well as financial health, as it has for many of you.  The lack of control we now experience in our work lives exacts a high price from us.   With that said though, discussing all the minutia of what's wrong with our employer, dicta ...

Professional/Social MT/Editor Groups In New York City
Dec 20, 2010

Hello, I am a medical transcriptionist and, lately, a medical editor who lives in New York City. I would like to meet fellow MTs/editors in my area for professional and social purposes. I am having a bit of trouble finding data on the Internet that points out MT groups (or even just individuals) in the NYC metro area. I was wondering if anyone had any information about such groups in NYC. Please let me know. Or, if you are an individual MT/editor who just wants to reach out and say "hell ...

Good Source Of Labs For H&Ps That Are Grouped In Proper Groups
May 24, 2013

Does anyone have a good source of labs for H&Ps that are grouped in proper groups so I can quickly look and know when to put the period and start another group?  I'm looking for a quick reference sheet or something that I can refer to without having to go look up the things that I don't remember. I'm trying to learn them all but there are just so many that it's overwhelming at times.  I'd even take a Word document if you have created your own references.    ...

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

Anyone Here Have UHC HRA Plan?
Oct 01, 2012

I'm just curious as to how it works, as I may have to sign up for it at the end of the year.  How does the HRA account work and how do you get access to the funds when you need them?  I think I understand everything beyond that.  Just curious how the account is set up and how to get access to it.  ...

This Is My Plan-
Aug 28, 2013

I will check for work during my schedule. Work it if possible, if not, just use the no wrk excused absence comment. I am not going to work around the clock to try and make it up. Ridiculous. If you want to, that is okay, but seems crazy to ask people to do this.  Why don't the supervisors/TSMs have a call about this. We get an email, but never anyone to tell us directly about a change. I just cannot believe that they expect employees to try and make up the time. ...

New Pay Plan...cant We....sm
Oct 15, 2014

Cant we all write the guys who are on the e-mail we all got if in fact this turns out to be something bad? Flood their emails and desks? Ya know its too bad we cant get together 500+ MLS and go on strike... I would do it. If a ton of us went on strike and demanded fair wages and changes, with noone typing their reports for 48+ hours I think they'd listen. It kind of sounds like the pay will be the same even if they lower the base..... b/c if they lower the base rate but you get a tad extra ...

New Pay Plan...? Sm
Nov 30, 2014

Sounds like they are taking out the LPH requirements? Or am I the only 1 thinking this? Sounds like they take out the requirement for LPH. Now your lines may drop due to focusing more on QA/blanks/rereading,etc.  Normally that would lower your lines and lower your pay. Now it will lower your lines BUT you will send less to Q and have less mistakes so your pay will ultimately stay the same. This is how I am taking all of this. The only thing I am not getting is if we are going to have a base ...

New Pay Plan
Nov 30, 2014

Been thinking about this, and it's obvious we are all pretty much sunk. I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to post any info on getting financial assistance to learn another trade/skill. Am thinking pharmacy tech or medical assistant. Seems to me there is a government program that may help out with tuition/expenses, but cannot remember what it's called. Thanks in advance.   ...

The Plan
Dec 06, 2014

My son, who has a Master's Degree in Math, took a look at the 7-page explanation of the new compensation plan.   He said it was very confusing.  What the  ?    Not even a math expert can understand it?   Really?  I'm at a loss ;( ...

Even Though I Will Do Well With This New Pay Plan,
Dec 13, 2014

The abuse and the stress have gone beyond the pale. The people who put together this pay plan have no idea what it is like to work in the trenches. We have taken pride in our work and have loved the field of medical transcription, but they have made us hate it. They have caused us to make more mistakes. We are not focused on what we are doing at any given moment; we are focused on our overall scores and thinking about how we're going to make enough money to buy winter boots for our children ...

New Changes In Pay Plan
Feb 09, 2015

Did anybody get the email about the changes they are making.  We have longer time to request a reversal (big deal - they never approve them so really????) and now they can QA us for our 2 weeks rather than our 1 weeks which in my  opininon just gives them more time to pick apart which ones they want to check and find their errors to total up!!!  That is great idea. ...

New PTO Plan?
Feb 10, 2015

I thought they were going to roll out a new PTO plan first of the year? ...

New PTO Plan
Jun 09, 2015

Was told in a conference call a while back that they would revamping the PTO plan and would release or announce it on June 1.  Had not heard anything from my supervisor.  I know she said they would implement a buy back plan and that was all she knew.  Has any one else heard what further fun and games Nuisance has in store regarding our PTO?  And since I am asking, do you think they will mess with our 401(k) -- like no longer doing partially matching contributions? Counting t ...

Assessment And Plan Q
Oct 20, 2009

I have a dictator will dictate the Assessment/Plan with a number for the problem and a letter for the plan (1.  Gout.  A. Labs in the morning.  B.  Medication, 2.   Etc.  A. B., 3. A.)  I have always just ignored the letters she gives me and not put them, but I was wondering today if I am suppose to.  It is not a verbatim account and I never got in trouble for not putting them.  I tried looking this up in AAMT BOS but maybe I am not looking right ...

Help With Backup Plan
Dec 11, 2010

I hope someone can help me.  I know I need to back up my files (especially my work files, SH, etc.)  I see ads on TV about back up options, I have heard of other ways to do this as well, like an external drive.  My dilemma is that I don't know which is the best way to do this.  I have a Dell computer and every so often a box comes up and says backup not done.  I never click on it.  Does this mean I should have make a disk with everyone on it that I wa ...

PTO With Pay Plan Question
Dec 30, 2010

Does anyone know if the PTO we see as of today in teamwork is the correct remaining PTO for the rest of the year?  I was not sure if the pto we used previously in the period ending 12/26 is reflected in the current PTO in teamwork yet.   This is confusing me since we will get a 12/31 paycheck.  I know pto will not accumulate until next year but it looks like to me I did not lose any PTO even since taking a few hours ending the 26th.  any clues out there?  ...

Assessment And Plan
Jan 11, 2011

anyone hear of "SMACK" on the assessment and plan of a PE? ...

A TARE Plan?
Aug 02, 2011

He is saying "She was released from the hospital and she was given a TARE (tear, tare sounds like tare, rhymes with care) plan which suggests that she stays hydrated and also get treatment for her headaches." I'm stumped!  ...

Incentive Plan
Feb 07, 2012

I was told there was an incentive plan with M*Modal/MQ.  Any information would be appreciated.   Thanks ...new to M*Modal ...

Well, I Know Transcription Is Going Away But What I Plan To Do Is
Jan 06, 2013

just continue to take what I can get until there is nothing left.  If it means working here and there I guess that is what I will do.  As far as coding, MModal is advertising everywhere for coding people and I can assure you they are training coders and that work will be heading overseas as well so why bother.  They will keep the rates low and there wont be any money in that either.  I guess the only way to even try to survive in transcription is take what you can get unless ...

New MT Rewards Plan
Oct 11, 2013

Does anyone know what this is or where it can be found?  Thanks. ...

5-Year Plan
Nov 10, 2013

Everyone who is an MT now should make a 5-year plan to be out of this field for good within 5 years. That will show them we're not gonig to take this anymore. Shove it in their faces. I got into this field only last year, graduated from MTEC. It's fine for now, but not for long. I now plan to leave it for good in 5 years. ...

What Do You ICs Do For Health Ins? What Is The Best Plan?
Nov 14, 2013

x ...

Here's My Escape Plan
Feb 15, 2014

I got a job with a small local MTSO.  The pay is only fair, and there's no PTO, but there's also no VR and my insurance is free (not for my family though).  The owner and I both know that the days of MT are dwindling but we are going to ride it out till the end.  The beautiful part is her office also does coding and billing.  Not the really indepth inpatient coding, of course, but office stuff.  She knows I want to learn how to do that so when the MT work is go ...

MM's Game Plan?
Apr 16, 2014

To get as many new transcription clients as possible, then sell them all on their Fluency One product, thereby doing away with the old fashioned back end transcription altogether. I mean, it really says something when your employer has developed a software program that can eliminate your job. ...

New Pay Compensation Plan..sm
Oct 14, 2014

Can someone please explain to me this new email we all got this afternoon about the new pay compensation plan rolling out in December? Can anyone explain it a bit more in detail. Sounds like our pay will not be the same amount anymore as in no more cpl that we were used to? Sounded like to me it will be based on quality and working weekends/nights, etc. Is this something good? Email wasn't in detail too much and a little hard to read. I dont have time to go through it right now. Thanks! ...

The New Pay Plan Email
Oct 15, 2014

If my punctuation and capitalization was as bad as the notice in that email, I'd be fired.  I guess they don't see the hypocrisy in that. ...

New Compansation Plan
Nov 16, 2014

Has anyone's TSM given an indication of when they are going to inform us of this?  Surely they have an idea even if management doesn't want to share with us lowly peons. ...