A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone here remember the conference calls - MDI-MD and Transcend

Posted: Oct 26, 2010

Does anyone remember the conference calls we had when transitioning to Transcend from MDI-MD regarding our line rates?  I can remember quite a few people being upset that after being told our rates would not change, many had their line rates cut.  And I specifically remember them saying that once our account went to VR, we would be getting 50% of our transcription rate.  Does anyone else remember this as well?

Either I'm losing my memory or someone is playing games because on the VR board there are a few people insisting they make more than 10 cpl for straight typing.  One even says she makes 11 cpl and 60% for VR, and even insists she's not a TL.  I don't know about you guys, but it really irks me that we took a cut in pay and others are making 11 CPL!??!

yes, I remember. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe we shouldn't believe everything that is stated here though. I've received some kudos that make me feel very appreciated, and yet I was one that took a pay cut. Or maybe those claiming such are very high producers, that the company let them negotiate it up. Yes, I too feel the professional insult to think they are making that much more than I am.

could be IC - p

[ In Reply To ..]
Assuming that the person who posted is telling the truth, they were likely getting 11 cpl before the merger and signed on to be an IC with Transcend. ICs didn't get a pay cut. This was mentioned in the call(s), but they definitely didn't dwell much on the IC option. As far as VR, I don't remember them talking about a 50% rate. All I know is I was on MDI's only VR account at the time of the merger and everyone on that account was getting 4 cpl for editing and that's what I still get. I'm IC as well, but I think the employees that were on my team still get 4 cpl as well.

I am that person. - not a team lead

[ In Reply To ..]
I came in as part of a buy-out, but not the MDI buy-out. At my other company I was making 10 cpl plus a production bonus. Transcend went back over the last year at my company and averaged my line rate to determine I averaged 11 cpl, and that is what my pay is with them; no bonuses or shift differentials or anything, just straight cpl. I will say that I am a very high producer, consistently doing a minimum of 250 lph or more, with good quality, and any time they need me to jump on and help out on my off days, I usually do. It's been about 2 years since our merger and they haven't dropped my rate yet. Yes, if they did I would look elsewhere because I know I'm worth what I'm paid and can get it other places, but this has not yet happened.

I was just hired recently though and make 10.5 for - transcription and 6.3 for VR.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You do deserve it if if you work even on your days off. - wow... you would definitely make out really well

[ In Reply To ..]
I would demand higher than 11 cpl though. That's kind of low for such a high producer. :( You deserve more than that in my opinion.

Maybe so, but.... - not a team lead

[ In Reply To ..]
In this industry, 11 cpl is way above the going rate and I'm not going to complain about taking home $60,000 a year or more as an MT. Yes, I'm worth more and I know it. I'm sure I can find the same rate other places, but I doubt I can find higher. I like the accounts I'm on that I came over to Transcend with, so as long as that doesn't get changed and I don't get a pay cut, I'll stick it out. I'm always paid on time, I have enough work, and the supervisors have all been great to me (even if they do get switched around a lot).

Enjoy it while it lasts. I was just like you, but got a cut. - High producer too

[ In Reply To ..]
See, this is what I just don't get. There is no rhyme or reason as to who gets raises and who gets cuts. My average production per hour was between 275 and 300 with transcription, and I was making 10 cpl also. I also jumped on and helped whenever there was an email asking for extra help. My quality was 99%. But I didn't get a raise, instead I got a pay cut. They told me that it was across the board, and I bought it hook, line, and sinker.

It just seems so unfair that they rewards some, but penalize others. What's worse is that after they cut you, THEY LIE ABOUT IT.

I'm done. I can't work for managers who are going to lie to me and I just don't feel secure wondering when they'll pull something else or make up something to let me go. The working conditions here have gone from bad to worse for some, but apparently others are doing quite well. Based on what, though? That's the strange thing.

Maybe it's all in the contracts when it comes to buy-outs. - not a team lead

[ In Reply To ..]
When they bought out my company, part of the agreement with the purchase was that they could not cut our rates. None of us could make less than we already did or no deal. Maybe other buy-outs didn't have this written in, so once it was all complete the switched to what they were paying their new hires. Not very nice, but might be an explanation.

Remember the introduction letter we received... - 4vrtpng

[ In Reply To ..]
That said it would be 0.04 per line for editing and we were then told in one of those infamous conference calls that our VR rate would be on a case by case basis and that the 0.04 was for radiology only. Well, I got the 0.04 per line. Lost 60% of my income almost overnight. Went to just about 90% or better VR in the space of 2 months.

I could not make the even the minimum for FT at that rate. Found another job to help cover the difference and found that the new job would be way better than 0.04 per line any day. Not as much as with the Transcend straight typing line rate, but then again who is straight typing more than they edit these days. So, in a small way I got a small raise, M-F again and IC with tons of work.

lots of cuts - me

[ In Reply To ..]
was one of the better paid people and got cut and cut and was promised another cut so I left. Maybe Transcend is realizing you get what you pay for....heard they lost a bit teaching hospital acct - wonder if was one they had b4 the MDI merger....or if they lost it based on the way they chose to manipulate the people's pay on that acct and subsequently lost the good producers. A lovely thought.

Maybe they didn't lose that account. - ST

[ In Reply To ..]
Very large accounts tend to have more than one service. I worked on a large teaching hospital for years that had it's own in-house people plus 3 services they outsourced to. They said they didn't want to keep all their eggs in one basket in case of server issues, bad weather, etc. It's possible the MT that said she hired on for this teaching hospital account at Transcend, but then took another job elsewhere and got that same account could have been in one of those situations where the hospital is using multiple services.
Nice accounts, always work, but editing is not for me... - 4vrtpng
[ In Reply To ..]
The accounts I had were great to be on, but I found that I was having more problems with keeping my editing lph as high as they wanted. Give me a monotone doctor and a 13+ minute dictation and it's enough to put you to sleep, since there is nothing to keep your attention while you wait for a word or two to edit. Editing is, in my opinion, often more repetitive than straight typing. I found I was using the arrow keys and hot keys exclusively, except when I had to actually type a word. I was finding my hands cramping more and productivity falling because of it. Also, going back and forth from editing to the occasional typing job on a doctor that makes you cringe when he comes up and you know you can't throw him back because then they'll KNOW, throws off all sense of rhythm either for editing or typing. They offered me a cool 1 cent per line more to stay, but I just cannot make a living on that. Happy where I am right now. I'm not a number and the president of the company knows my name and is the one who interviewed and eventually hired me.

Similar Messages:

Conference Calls
Nov 19, 2014

Have you ever transcribed conference calls, and if so, how does it compare with medical trancription in terms of income, time consumption, etc.?  Any information would be helpful.  Thank you in advance.  ...

MDI-AAMC Conference Calls
Oct 15, 2009

Anybody here from MDI who have attended the weekly conference calls about AAMC.  I am a night owl and they always have the calls early morning.  ...

Any News As To What The Spheris Conference Calls Are About Today?
Mar 11, 2010

anyone had theirs yet?   ...

Just By A Show Of Hands, Who Has NOT Had "the" Or Any Conference Calls
Mar 10, 2010

regarding the new program-- "50 ways to screw over the MTs"?? ...

No Further Calls?
Mar 19, 2015

Just heard from my TSM there will be no further calls regarding this latest _____???? I am going to send this to QA so I can lock my 7 cents a line rate in since I had to leave a blank. This is getting so very old. ...

MxSecure Calls
Dec 14, 2010

Has anybody received their phone call about what their new schedule will be?   ...

Robo Calls
Apr 08, 2011

I used to work for Spheris/Medquist over a year ago. I received an automated call today from Medquist to reapply again. They claim they have a lot of work and need the help. I guess they have not figured out yet that MT's are leaving the field in droves. ...

MD2MD Calls??
Oct 08, 2013

Anybody get callback from MD2MD; and if so, had they already called your references? Anybody have any info on them; theyr'e out of California? ...

TWO PHONE CALLS
May 23, 2015

To your state's unemployment office if you were ever OOW AND your local labor dept. (How many times did you check email or FIESA on "production" time (unpaid)?  Wage theft times years?  ...

Imaginary Phone Calls.
Mar 04, 2010

Two phone calls that will never happen: RING-RING! MT: "Hello?" SUPERVISOR: "You @#$% lazy good-for-nothing. This report has two blanks in it! Why didn't you look them up?" MT: "Kwitcherbitchin, fool! You got exactly what you paid for!" RING-RING! MTSO: "Hello?" CLIENT: "You @#$% lazy good-for-nothings! This report has two blanks in it! Why didn't you look them up? MTSO: "Kwitcherbitchin, fool! You got exactly what you paid for!" ...

Getting Calls From Medquist At All Hours
Nov 09, 2010

This is to all the people that get ticked off when MQ calls them to work.  I WOULD KILL FOR A CALL TO WORK AT ANY TIME OF THE DAY OR NIGHT.  I have always said I am available 24/7, but with the "new and not improved" MQ there is really no one to tell that to, no one who truly cares -- about the client or the employee.  How wonderful it would be to feel needed again.  With so many of us vying over so few reports, the only feeling I get from them is "just quit, just quit, ...

Customer Service Calls
Dec 20, 2010

I got this email from my friend.  I didn't know you could do this and have read a lot about customer service calls here so though it was interesting to post.    I want to ask each of you to consider doing  the following when you are talking on the phone to any US customer  service representative that is based in a foreign country (like  India ).  I have done this twice and it works!  Any time  you call an 800 number (for a credit ca ...

Tired Of Waiting For Calls That Never Come.
May 27, 2012

I am so burned out and so tired of trying to get jobs here.  So many of these recruiters do not call when they say they will and a few just never called.  No explanations, no apology, like "Oh well they are only MTs, a dime a dozen and who cares if we do not call and fail to give them the courtesy you would any other worker."   I am just worn out and sick of trying, sick of doing all the testing and then having an interview where nothing ever happens.  I must admit Nuanc ...

Recent Calls From Clients, Etc.
Jul 26, 2012

This post is in regard to posts I have seen lately on this board regarding dictators. They actually do care or must feel they need to address situations that I bring to their attention. A call regarding flags from the physician himself. He is realizing how much time I am spending locating certain info not dictated. He tells me officially that the facility is to handle that now so as not to take up my time. A call from a dictator today, stating as he made so many errors and redictations on the ...

Is Anyone Else Annoyed At All The Phone Calls From Schools?
Mar 11, 2010

You can't get some of the schools to stop calling you even after you tell them you've enrolled with another school and graduated, and have a job.  Is anyone else offended by the high-pressure tactics?  If a school has to keep calling and offering discounts and specials, that's a red flag, or is it just me?  I got my training years ago and I still can't get them to go away.  You expect that from those cheesy sales people trying to sell you whatever, but th ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Calls From MTSOs You Applied With Years Ago?
May 18, 2012

The first call I received was week before last from Future Net.  He said he got my name off of this board.  I posted my resume YEARS ago.  I swear, I could not understand half of what that man said.  He was worse than any ESL I have transcribed.  I did get that he was asking me if I was interested in a job.  When I asked him what it was for, he did not know!!  I told him I could not answer that question unless he could give me specifics.  He said he would ...

Don't They Realize These Calls Do Not Increase Moral But Rather
Oct 15, 2012

It's no secret that on the charts and pies, there is the "elite" mgt team where all the money is funneled and then the lowly worker bees, aka MLS who allow that mgt team to enjoy the life they've become so accustomed to.  Why bother to have such a call to just rub it in everyone's face?  ...

Birthday And Now Doctor Calls In ALL His Work...
Jan 09, 2013

So I have been slower than usual this week, and he picks my birthday to bury me in a week's worth of work (along with my other accounts he knows)..... urgh. I see this physician as a patient, and they know.... gosh...darn. Where was he anytime last week or this week but today.... now canceled plans to eat dinner at the computer. ...

Command Health - So Many Phone Calls
Jun 16, 2014

So many phone calls, very pushy, rushed me to complete paperwork and software training, said my account would be VR, great bonuses, potential for 5.5 cpl, blah, blah, blah.  They called right before the day I would officially start to inform me that the account for which I was hired miraculously had no work left...an account I was told was swamped during phone interview.  They offered me a new account and everything discussed in our phone interviews (both with supervisor and HR) was completel ...

Just A Vent. Finally Having A Great Day And Then The Supervisor Calls
Nov 07, 2009

and asks me to help out an account I despise.  The odd thing is the account I was pulled to has less than 10 jobs available and the one I was pulled from has closer to 150.  Now how strange is that!!!!!!!! ...

M*Modal - Strange, Unwanted Phone Calls
Jun 15, 2012

Has anyone else been getting strange recorded phone calls from M*Modal telling you to test for them? I keep ignoring them and yet they keep calling. I haven't tested for them in years and wouldn't work for them if they were the last MTSO left on earth. And the woman's voice who does the recording sounds like she is a robot or something from outer space, LOL! ...

On IPad Making Facetime Calls, Other Person Can
Oct 19, 2014

I know the volume is up, have checked settings and the volume there also up. Have tried rebooting and nothing has worked. Any suggestions? ...

MT2020...You Said You Were Having A Conference
Dec 29, 2009

call last week. What was that about?  Any info appreciated.  Happy New Year! ...

Anyone Doing The KS Conference Call?
Jul 28, 2010

I'm not sure if I have any questions, but I would like to know what others have to say, anyone else going to be joining in or already has?   ...

Oh Joy! WMX Conference Call This P.m.
Apr 18, 2011

. ...

Conference Call/pay?
Feb 16, 2012

So, we're scheduled for an upcoming conference call and have to be clocked off but will get paid forour time.  So .  . . do we get paid that ridiculously low PTO time that obviously is getting lowered for practically all of us every 6 months?  Does anyone find it strange that 99% of us have had our PTO pay cut soooo much over the years?  Might be a good time to bring it up, during the conference calls, so that we can all chime in about it at the same time.   ...

QA Conference Call
Jul 10, 2012

So if you disagree with a QA score done within the last week of the quarter, you are out of luck.  So even if they are wrong you lose your QA bonus for 3 months.  QA is horrific at this company and the quarterly thing is unfair.  Supposedly  they are "talking" about changing it back to monthly, maybe we should all give a little push for that !!! ...

My Take On This Conference Call.
Oct 16, 2012

Let me get this straight!  There are still more MTs in-house than outsourced.  We all need to apply to hospitals and clinics.  I know we might get bought out, but geesh...  at least you could make more money with better benefits for even 6 months or more before MMmodal will GETCHA YA! The company stated they are trying to UNDERSTAND OUR FEEDBACK AND COMPREHEND WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO SAY??  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  Company created an MT Task Force to represent our int ...

Conference Call The Other Day With COM And She
Mar 07, 2014

What exactly does this mean? Are we at risk of losing our work and to who? They continuously ask us for more and more. The COM said she had sleepless nights about the account but also said she doesn't type because she chooses not to. That really struck a nerve with me and several of my MLS team members. What kind of team work is that when you're manager is not even willing to pitch in when things are dire? ...

OTI Conference Call .....
Sep 03, 2014

That call didn't tell me anything I didn't already know from L's email.   We're still up in the air!! ...