A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Increasing minimum production by 20% - Here we go

Posted: Mar 23, 2011

beginning June 1st.  I wonder what will accompany this change - reducing the workforce by 20% or lowering pay? 

Yet another atrocity! - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It only applies to full-time with limited benefits and part-timers - 120 lph instead of 100.

What gets me is that since this is our income, who wouldn't Already be doing as many lph as possible?

I agree - Here we go again

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly - most, if not all, already type 100 lph and so 120 is not really going to be a problem. So what is the point in changing the policy at all? In my experience, changes in policy at MQ are never good and certainly never to our benefit. I guess I'm a little gunshy. It makes me wonder what else might be happening in June.

Weeding - Crabgrass

[ In Reply To ..]
They raised the minimum so they could let go of more workers who are just barely scraping by. Make room for more ILPs. I wonder if the ILPs have the same standards. I doubt it.

Yes, I could TYPE 120 lph but struggle to get 100 on ASR! - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Contact my CCM. Ya sure. She can't do anything about it. When I asked if other people in our group were doing okay with ASR and not struggling like I am, she said only 1 person, and that person was an MME. I was given a call about maybe becoming an MME since that was the one person doing okay, but I was also reminded that I could end up with full listen Indian jobs. I joined in the last ASR forum. Absolutely no help at all. I have experienced ASR like it should be, maybe 2 corrections in an entire document, but this is a small hospital and I only get dictation from them when we are running so low on work and have run out of 2 other backup accounts.
new minimums - Liz
[ In Reply To ..]
I was sorry to see the change but I do 99% ASR and am PT (24 hours a week). I looked over my daily averages and am well over 200 lines per hour. I am not sure why it is so hard to do ASR and get the 120 lines. I know I make less but it is far easier than typing every report and I have just learned to grin and bare it. Good luck and I hope they are not able to weed anyone out!
When I see someone do ASR on MY accounts with - not flaming, need help
[ In Reply To ..]
I will believe it can be done. I welcome someone demonstrating how to do it on MY accounts.

Still, though, 200 lph at 4 cents is still minimum wage in my state (an expensive state to live in). I need at least 300 lph for ASR to have a living wage.

I have run into 1 account a decent production could be done, but it isn't my account and I only get any of their work if nothing is left in the 2 backup accounts (although normally don't need backup accounts)

As mentioned, I'm not the only one in our group having problems with ASR production.

Guess I need to F11 a lot more. I did mention in the forum that the example document they were using was 10x better than what is encountered in my account. The forum leader had no solution to that problem.

Again, I would be happy (actually thrilled) if someone could show me how to make a decent count on ASR for my accounts. I already am doing too much free work for this company with having to search the ADT for 95% of the account and also add numerous mandatory cc's.
I could help you - somewhat
[ In Reply To ..]
I do ok with ASR... not great, but ok.

I have a few shortcuts that have been working for me that I would share with you.

Shoot me an e-mail and maybe I can help.
need help pls email me... - intears
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in same boat... west coast account live in California. I'm to be making minimum wage and most days make less. Would love to chat.
Well said! - Adios
[ In Reply To ..]
I would like to see proof on my account that somebody has actually INCREASED productivity. I am not a believer. They can tell me all day long it can be done and until I see it with my own eyes I will not believe it.

Am very close to getting out of this hell on earth. Breaks my heart to see names on here like in tears and help me. There is no conscience left here. Everybody above us is just trying to hang onto what they have.

Shameful. So much of what is wrong in America right now.

Am just looking for a job to pay me what I used to get paid here, when things were fair and "production" work was not a bad word.

I too have reached out for help, have implemented everything I have been told, still no improvement.

ASR will work someday, and then they may not need us at all, but it is broken right now, and they still don't mind paying us as thought it was working. Again, shameful. But, sadly, they don't care.
200 lph+ - PlsHelp
[ In Reply To ..]
Liz, could you please share some of the ways you get to 200+ lph on ASR. It would be very helpful to those of us who are struggling and really need to get to that point, and beyond it. Thanks in advance.

Full time with bennies is 150. I make it by the - skin of my teeth every

[ In Reply To ..]
day, but if they raise it past 150, I think they'll have to boot me. With my brand of ASR on accounts with tons of added ADT info and letters and carbon copies, I don't think I can get any higher. Trust me, I try -- every day for 8 very long hours. If I could average 300-400 lph like some on here say, I surely would. I would like to make money again.

Increasing minimum production - TOFTS

[ In Reply To ..]
I was wondering if I was going to find any comments about the wonderful email this morning. Love the way it says we have to produce more but absolutely no mention of any pay increase to go along with the production increase. I'm thinking at least the ME's will get another cut in pay! Soon I'll be paying them to let me work!

mention of 2006 Harmonization handbook - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh my so many things ran through my mind this morning when I read that email. Ms. TM mentioned the minimum production from the Harmonization handbook from 2006 which apparently needs revamping because she said so, but made no mention of the tier pay scale which has been in place since 2006 either. HM. How about they revamp the pay scale up too?

However, even with MQ bumping up the production requirement by 20% doesn't take the MTs off the poverty level and even bring them close to minimum wage. Think about it. At 4 cpl ASR (because Ms. TM said MQ is predominantly ASR) you are talking about the difference between $4 and hour and $4.20 an hour. Oooh. All I know is if I was only making $4 an hour I would have to find a new job because even my McDonald's pays at least double that for minimum wage. With no experience and no schooling!

Minimum wage... - InTears

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't they have to at least pay you your states minimum wage if you are meeting or exceeding your lph requirement? Granted that's not much abouve poverty in some places... I would love to know who can make 300 to 400 lph on the MQ ASR and what account they're on. I keep asking and all I get are vague responses. Someone needs to spell it out... how exactly do you do it? I was lied to when I got hired. I was told I'd be typing 40% of the time minimum. I've typed 6 reports in 3 months. I've been in tears all morning. I've got years of experience, I work like a dog, and I made a whole $4.00 per hour yesterday. If I wasn't so exhausted and so sick I'd be suicidal.
300 LPH cannot be maintained - MTfor4
[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, maybe once or twice I have been able to edit 300 LPH, but this can only last for an hour or two at a time when all the right elements come together. The ideal dictator, the ideal job, the ideal work environment without all the distractions of normal life. I honestly do not think it is humanly possible for sometime to maintain a 300-400 LPH rate for an 8 hour shift --- impossible! I think the Q tries to hold this over our head making us think it is attainable, regularly, when it is not. There are a lot of variables involved with this job: and quite frankly most of these variables are not to our advantage.

No job is worth such emotional distress. There are alternatives. There is no future in ME work if your hopes are for making a decent wage. The technology has taken over, its not going away, so we must move on. If we cannot at this time, at least have a plan to get out. I wish you all the best and hate to hear how it has run you down. Don't let it -- it is simply not worth it.
yes it can - yep
[ In Reply To ..]
It can be done - I do it every day, avg about 317 LPH, do about 80% speech recognition and maybe 20% straight typing. I would rather type, but I think I am a little faster at ASR. Oh, and I get lots and lots of ESL dictators.
YEP... PLEASE can you share how... - Befuddled
[ In Reply To ..]
Please, I beg you, share how you are doing it. Shortcuts you use, expansions, anything, please. There are some of us on here who are desperate to learn the tricks and just begging that someone will let us on the secrets of making ASR work for you. I would sell my soul for a 317 an hour line count.
ASR - YEP
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure I can tell you anything that hasn't already been said on here. I do use expansions. I follow along with my arrow key as they speak - I read ahead if they are not talking and correct things in the next line that I can see are obviously wrong. I use that Alt-K (or is it CTL-K?) feature, that changes the punctuation at the end of the sentence. I think I have a real ability to stay focused and block out the distractions around me. I wish I could help you more - don't give up - it is possible to get there
Yes it can be maintained -- absolutely - StoicMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Completely agree -- it can be done and I also average 300+ LPH daily. Each and every day.
STOICMT - Befuddled
[ In Reply To ..]
Please could you share how you mangae that? Shortcuts? Expansions? How...please.
To: Befuddled - survival of the fittest
[ In Reply To ..]
Have you noticed how those who are doing good with ASR and producing wonderful lines are quick to post them, but probably won't reply to your pleas for help so that you can hopefully do the same? I'm not flaming those who are doing good because the logic is there and it is a pretty reasonable one at this time in the transcription arena.

Think about it for a minute -- used to be transcriptionists would be more than willing to share tricks/techniques to increase production. But now the way things have gone down, every one is trying to hopefully ensure that if and when they keep going up on minimum production (or any other changes they can come up with) and MT/MEs start dropping like flies because they can't keep up then those with the highest production will still have a job.

So, as I said before to the MT/MEs who are doing great I'm not flaming or blaming you one bit for not wanting to share -- it's just survival of the fittest, plain and simple.

But, it would be nice if you could share...JMO, but the couple of forums that I've attended haven't really helped me that much.

The best thing for any of us to do is to think about getting out of this stressful business altogether and find something else and/or go to school for a career change so that maybe in the near future we can hopefully find jobs where we might be able to salvage some of our dignity and our worthiness, which MQ has done such a great job on whittling away at that with no remorse.

Gettin' off my bandwagon -- everyone take care.
What I think - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
For some high producers, I think they get great accounts, have same physicians all the time that know how to dictate for ASR. Probably not much editing. Another thing is some are (not all) not listening very carefully. Before you jump on me, get emails all the time saying people are missing a lot of things in the ASR and need to slow down.

I think a lot of it is attributed to the fact that they have good ASR accounts.

I weed out the bad ASR. I have doctors removed from the ASR that are not fit to be in ASR. I am at over 90% typing because of this. No, this does not explain how people get that many lines on ASR, but it makes my life easier.
How many corrections per line are you doing? - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm doing at least 3 every single line.
Corrections per line... - Befuddled
[ In Reply To ..]
FAR TOO MANY in about half or more of the providers. At least 3 but more like every other word. I was emphatically told not to "EVER, EVER, EVER use F11." Now, with the new copy and paste lock out on DQS I don't even know what to say.
Not sure if this will help or not - dk
[ In Reply To ..]
because I've been doing ASR for only a month or so and barely making minimum wage myself, but I did improve a bit after I watched the tutorial on MQ Central. I think it's called 5 words at a time or something like that. At least it helped me to focus better. One thing I'll say is that ASR requires you to concentrate so hard the workday goes flying by. I've been an MT for many years, and I've never worked so hard for so little.

actually we are paying to have a job. sm - ververyoldMQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Paying for internet DSL!!! With getting minimum wage I am constantly behind and being threatened with disconnection by my internet provider. The costs keep going up, up, up and salary down, down, down. I got disconnected just yesterday and it cost me $200 to get the stupid thing on!!! Okay, I am venting. but yesterday was one of most horrible days ever and I am not coping very well because of it.

VeryOldMQMT - Befuddled

[ In Reply To ..]
OMG, I'm so sorry, I had one of those days yesterday too. I cried most of the day which made working nearly impossible. If you need to talk please e-mail me. Had I not had the moral support of two wonderful ladies who I met on here yesterday I woulda been suicidal. Their kind words made all of the difference.

increasing minimum production - sickofitall

[ In Reply To ..]
True! But tell me, how can we increase our production with NJA? Uh, no way and guess what...MQ Doesn't care!

And why did this email come from marketing???? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

increasing mimimum requirement - again

[ In Reply To ..]
What about the few of us who aren't using ASR because the work we do is sooooooo bad bad bad bad its not qualified for ASR. It's that bad. I was doing ASR before transferred and easily got my requirement. The work I'm doing now, can't even be understood at all for ASR. A very very rare few of them do come ASR *and* regular transcription, so I know this isn't hospital or doctor requirement of no ASR, its rejection from ASR.

and btw, the very rare ones that do squeek through, are so horrible, you quickly see why the work isn't ASR and its NOT JUST YOU.

People: HOW IS THIS FAIR?

so they have us at minimum wage and now its time to get the most out of that they can scare.

Similar Messages:

Any Tips For Increasing Motivation/production?
Nov 15, 2010

I'm not sure if I'm burned out on MT as a whole (I don't think I am), just my current MTSO, or if I've got some component of ADD.  Whatever it is, I need to get out of this slump.  Increasing production just because I need the money doesn't seem to be a motivator.  I've been doing this for 21 years now.  I've always been a little distractible, but it seems to be getting worse.  Does anyone have any tips or tricks for improving their p ...

Major Corporations Are Increasing Minimum Wage.
Feb 25, 2015

TJ Maxx is the latest to do so. Maybe there is a little bit of hope for us?? Maybe someone in corporate will discover he/she has a heart after all and realize we can't make it on their theft of 40% of our wages. ...

TTS - Minimum Production
Mar 28, 2015

I'm curious if anyone is making minimum production with TTS, 125 LPH transcription and 250 LPH editing?   If so, can you give any tips regarding what you cut out?  Proofing, research, etc?  How do you handle the long pauses in dictation?  Anyone use the "Skip Silent" command?   I can see 125 LPH for transcription but 250 for editing when you have to lose production with poor dictators?    Thanks for any feedback! ...

Making Minimum Production At Amphion - How?
Jul 25, 2013

Is there anyone out there working for Amphion who is happy there and who can make production?  Even on my best day, I can't make it.  I'd love to hear how others are doing it.  Thanks! ...

Increasing Productivity
May 22, 2010

Anyone know any good advice on increasing productivty using Medrite or just in general? I have been working for almost a year since graduating and i'm getting better slowly but surely, but i'd like to see more progress, as my pay rate is on the low side and I figured if I can be faster than I can kind of give myself a raise. Any help would really be appreciated. ...

Looking For Some Tips On Increasing My Line Count.
Jan 10, 2012

I know most people here are very unhappy with MQ and they all have their complaints, but I'm just part-time and MQ fits into my schedule fine. I'm having trouble with my line count and I'm looking for someone to give me some tips on improving my line count. My manager suggested to sign out when not in DQS (which I've never done, not even sure how to sign out or when). She also said to be sure my timekeeping is exact (whatever she means by that). I do have an email sent back ...

Increase Her Basal Metabolic Temperature With Increasing *syn V 3*? Thanks. Nm
Mar 06, 2011

nm ...

She Also Describes Having Increasing S/l Discolor With Vision Because Of Cataracts And Prior Eye Sur
Jun 25, 2010

She also describes having increasing s/l discolor with vision because of cataracts and prior eye surgery. ...

Advice For Increasing Productivity In VR Editing? I Have A Hard Time Matching What I Made Typing.
Mar 08, 2012

Thanks for sharing ...

Is It Mucous Secretions And Mucus Production Or Mucous Production?
Mar 11, 2013

Is it mucous secretions and mucus production or mucous production? ...

New LPH Minimum
Dec 04, 2014

New (converted) LPH minimum is 100. Which means 200 lph if you do mostly editing. ...

Minimum Lph.
Apr 01, 2015

Does anyone know what the minimum lph is now? ...

Minimum Lines Per Day
Jan 11, 2010

I asked this question already on the company board, but I ask it also on this board: What do companies do if an MT turns in 98% accurate work, or above, but does not transcribe the minimum lines per day, as an employee? Does this MT always get fired, or how do companies handle this? TIA ...

What Happens When You Get Less Than Minimum Wage?
Mar 14, 2010

I'm worried if I suffer another .03 cent decrease I may drop below minimum wage.  How do we indicate that to somebody?  Is it calculated per pay period - or what? ...

Minimum Requirements?
Apr 21, 2010

I've worked for MQ before, just before CBay bought MQ, but I can't remember (and maybe it's changed) what is the minimum number of hours or lines required per week?  I thought it was something like 2000 lines per week.  Is the minimum per hour still 100 lph for PT? Also, what's the pay rate for VR now?  I think it was still 70% when I left.  Is it 50% or 60% of your regular line rate? I'm just looking for something very part-time, like 10 hours ...

LPH Minimum. Be Sure To Keep Track Of All Those
Jul 16, 2013

a job to upload. All those add up and if you don't clock out for them it will go against your LPH and make a difference in your assessments.  ...

Minimum Wage In MA And MUP
Nov 20, 2013

Massachusetts may well pass a minimum wage of $11 (over 3 years).  It's passed the state senate.  Parts of WA (Seatac) actually have a $15 minimum wage.  Wonder what Nuance will do about MUP now, since so many in those states will be getting it.  Could get interesting.  ...

DC Minimum Wage
Dec 18, 2013

Okay, so I read by 2015, DC wants minimum wage to be $11.50 an hour. I'm assuming by that time Nuance will make our minimum line count reflect this increase - approximately 280 lph, especially since WE NEVER GET A RAISE. ...

Help! Can't Make Minimum LPH
Oct 21, 2014

My primary account is a straight typing account. I can't consistently make the minimum line count of 150 lph in our 8 hours. I use my shorthand and as many normals as i can, but I'm making no money. How is everyone doing this? Plus for VR it's only 180 lph. Seems like actually typing the lph should be lower. Someone please tell me how to get enough lines in!! Would quit in a heartbeat if I could, but a little pay is better than no pay, though I am still looking. ...

Minimum Wage?
Oct 29, 2014

just wondering if anyone knows...is there any kind of rule for paying you a minimum wage if your income with MM drops below the minimum wage? ...

At Least Got Minimum Wage
Dec 17, 2014

Bottom line is, regardless of the new pay rules, it's hard to even make above minimum wage before or after the new rules. So at least federal law guarantees minimum wage. Beyond that, my goal is to get out of this field and leave this MTSO company ASAP, though it won't happen overnight. ...

Minimum Wage
Jan 25, 2015

A $15.00 minimum wage would equate to 375 lines per hour at .04 per line. That's 3000 lines a day for an 8 hour day! The best I have ever done was 2700 lines editing in an 8 hour day and that was only once and someplace where I had been doing the same doctors for 6 years. Guess I would get fired for always getting MUP. And by the way, that's 428 lines per hour (3424 lines per day) at .035 per line and 500 lines per hour at 0.03 (4000 lines per day). If more cities raise the ...

PRODUCTION PAY
Nov 02, 2009

I would like to know how MTSO's get away with paying MTs and MT editors not hourly, not salary, but solely on how much they produce like they are working on an "assembly line"!!!  Being paid on how much one produces is "pathetic" and is not paying MTs/Editors based on their "knowledge, skill, or experience", and I think is an injustice to the medical transcription profession as a whole. What happens also when an MT/editor works over 40 hours per week.  By federal ...

Production Req'ts
Sep 06, 2012

Does the company you work for have production requirements?  I've never worked with any, but we were just informed that some are coming and that the industry standard is 150+ lines/hr.  I could do 150/hr on a good day, but if there are not a lot of reports available, it would be very hard.  Just looking for others who work with production req'ts and how you cope.  Thanks for your feedback. ...

Well, I'm Under The Gun For My Production.
Sep 14, 2012

I'm at stage 2 now. I've got a conference call for my verbal warning next week. Problem is - I have been in the 'cesspool' for months now. One day I (and apparently everyone else in my group) suddenly had next to no more work from my primary accounts. The account has very apparently gone overseas. Every once in a while 1 report will show up, so I am sure MM has not lost that account. I can see a lone job show up every once in a while in DQM. Since then, I have had no ...

QC Going To Production?
Feb 21, 2015

Is there a date set yet for when QC will be on production? My thought is, if they are going to this and do MLS work as well when no QC available, Nuance probably has to figure out some fancy grid work to figure their pay on this as well. Nuance still hiring like crazy, offering sign on bonuses, recruiting off different web sites, and then some of us sit with OOW, at least on the US only accounts. The last few weeks it has been VERY regular that we run into OOW.  Not even offered to w ...

Why Does It Always End Up Being About Production? SM
Mar 08, 2015

I have never been a top producer, but I have always been consistent and have excellent quality.  All the MTSOs say they want quality but it seems to inevitably come down to producing that line count, no matter what variables come into play, bad dictators, just a bad day, lots of short reports, etc.  All they want is that 250-260 lines edited per day.  I realize there have to be standards and goals but it just seems that in the past copule of years, especially when I worked for Nua ...

Production
Apr 27, 2015

Are there any companies that have any type of incentive plan anymore?  I know several used to have production levels with incentive for reaching different levels but are there any of them left out there anymore? ...

Transtech - What Their Minimum QA Scores Are?
Oct 22, 2009

Does anybody know what their minimum QA scores are? They have postings for QA and MT but no mention it.  I do good work but don't want to be nitpicked to death for a 99.9% score. Thx. ...

Minimum Line Requirements
Jan 20, 2010

Have any MTSOs set a minimum number of lines per hour for VR Editing (per hour, day, week, or pay period)?  I have seen posts where Medical Transcriptionists/VR Editors have lamented about losing benefits because they are not able to meet straight typing minimums (the average seems to be around 150 lines per hour, 1200 lines per day, or 6000 lines per week), but I have never seen anyone talk about not being able to meet MINIMUM VR Editing requirements.  Since it seems as though most la ...