A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you are in the SE region........ - Dracula

Posted: Oct 31, 2009

run, and run fast.  That's all I can say right now.

Any reason to put on my track shoes?? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Why is that all you can say? - Frankenstein

[ In Reply To ..]
You want all of us to get new jobs so you get more work????

Is this a Halloween prank?

If you are in the SE region - headless horseman

[ In Reply To ..]
I think someone knows some inside information that soon - more work is going to India. Here is an idea, move to India, there is plenty of MQ work there! Do they celebrate Halloween there? Think about it - how many CCMs, CTLs, and area directors have there been in the SE region in the last 4 months? Shoot - even the regional director moved out of the SE region to a new position (probably with a raise as well). Maybe they will move some of the India folks over to CCM, CTL and area director slots!!!!

Well, how do you know this is not happening in all regions? - The Great Pumpkin

[ In Reply To ..]
My 3 primary accounts have been in India for over a year and the only time I ever get a job from them is if it is an Indian holiday or weekend, and I am not in the SE region.

It is not just India, wasn't there a post about 6 months ago or so that said some huge percentage of work was being given to SPI before the end of the year?

I think this is the reason for the strict QA garbage so that they can lay a bunch of folks off right before x-mas. Something big has happened right before x-mas for the past 3 years!

3 years ago... C-bay bought us.
2 years ago... forced to do ASR.
last year..... ASR pay gets dropped.
this year..... Mass layoffs.

Just my opinion, but what do I know,I am a pumpkin head.
I don't think they'd do a mass layoff.... - kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
They do not want to have to pay unemployment. The probable reason for the QA BS(and all other BS) is to get us to QUIT so they don't have to pay UI.

Just my opinion.......
layoff? - headless horseman
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you kidding? MQ would be happy to pay unemployment to keep giving more to India. That is where they are making their money! Yes, getting some to quit would be best but they really do not care.
I disagree. They have time. They can't - kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
just lay us all off at once. Better to have us slowly but sure all quit. Doing a mass layoff would be counterproductive for them. Otherwise they would have done it already. They'll just keep up their shenanigans until we all have had enough, which won't be all at the same time. Win/win for them.

Lay me off, please! I'd like to get UI while I find a better job in my sweet time to make sure I find a good fit. If I quit, no UI, so have to get a job ASAP. I haven't heard anyone on this board who has been laid off, just quit. I dunno...........
MedQuist - Sally
[ In Reply To ..]
I knew the minute MedQuist became Internet-driven and started ASR and insisted we all be employees at some level that they were setting American MT's and ME's up for the kill off for outsourcing. I quit back in April of 2009 because they were screwing over the transcriptionists and using those fly-by-night managers to do all the dirty work. They were so callous, rotten, unprofessional and cold, but they had a rotten job to do. Dog out American transcriptionists. When MedQuist lied about selling to "CBay?", I knew they were changing from a reputable company to a pack of wolves. I knew they had too many newby MT's to be successful with ASR, and they were too rotten to allow experienced MT's to do ASR because they could finally make some $$$$$ even at the terribly reduction in rate for doing. At the rate they are going, they should be a thing of the past.
Layoffs - Just passing through
[ In Reply To ..]
I would love to be laid off so I could take advantage of TAA and free retraining for another career so I can get out of this dying profession of MT.

That is near the top of my wish list for Santa this year, just under winning the lottery.
For those of us who work in the SE region - The Great Pumpkin
[ In Reply To ..]
I have 2 friends who work in other regions. They do not EVER run out of work. Their accts are 20% off-shored. They are hiring people!! Their supervisors actually e-mail them about issues. I wish I could move to another region, but I've been told that is not an option!
Hey... you took my name. I do not work in the SE region, but - The Great Pumpkin
[ In Reply To ..]
there is not much work here. I do not know where you get your figure of only 20% is offshored.

Out of the 10 accounts in my region, only 2 of them have work and we all are fighting to get those lines. As I said in my prior post, my 3 main accounts are completely offshored unless it is an Indian holiday or an occasional weekend job.

There is no hiring going on here either. My sup only sends out updates when they want you to work all weekend. There is very limited work during the week, work picks up Friday all day through Sunday afternoon.

I basically have to flex my time to weekend only work and somehow have to fit all my hours into 3 days.

I don't know where your 2 friends work! Maybe the Q has 1 region that actually has work, but I would not want that region anyway, if there is work, it is the worst of the worst. Everything else is gone to far away lands where the work is cheap and the lunch is free.
To the Great Pumpkin - The other Great Pumpkin
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry about taking your name. I didn't even look at the names. I was just reading the posts. One of the friends works in the west region and the other in the NE region. They are hiring. Their supervisor told them 20% is off-shored. They are so far behind and they can't get people to work. A week or two ago on MT Daily, MQ had jobs posted and they are offering a $500 sign-on bonus.
MedQuist hiring - I love horses
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, on MT Daily, on 10/26 MQ posted that they are hiring and offering a $500 sign-on bonus.
MedQuist is running ads on LOTS of sites, plus emailing people - Just sayin ....
[ In Reply To ..]
who have applied in the past but did not accept positions or who previously worked for MQ and left, offering sign on bonuses, etc.
Worst of the Worst Work - AMEN
[ In Reply To ..]
This does not begin to tell the story. Some of the dictation is reprehensible and should not even be sent through. MQ will accept any kind of dictation from any place as long as they get a dollar. No matter the stress to the MT that is supposed to TRANSLATE the crap. The work coming through is beyond the typical MT complaint. Is a disgrace.
Plenty of work. - Sunshine
[ In Reply To ..]
There is plenty of work in my group. We have been told to put in more hours and has been this way for since spring. I am in West region. I have 4 accounts and this particular hospital adamantly refuses any of their work to be sent to India. They even signed a contract stating all work has been done in the U.S.
how'd ya get that info? - curious
[ In Reply To ..]
I still don't buy it...
If the hospital wants work only done in US, it is still going to be transcribed by Indians and the MMEs fix it and therefore, ta-da... it is done here.

This is the loop-hole they used on my US only account!
Hmmm, I bet I'm on same accounts as you... - kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
The biggest acct's initials are RCH? by chance? I didn't know any
accounts actually signed something forbidding MQ to send to India, as I thought they had no idea in the first place. Hmmmm, interesting. I bet MQ HATES that.
Kiki - We're on the same accounts - outta here
[ In Reply To ..]
I heard about them not being allowed to send work to India (heard it from our old supe - the one before this one) but I don't trust the Q as far as I can smell them.

and dress them up just in time for holloween. - the tooth fairy

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Regional Director? - Turkey and Dressing

[ In Reply To ..]
I work in the SE region and didn't know the regional director moved. I never hear anything. I think my CCM is an imaginary person and she's the 6th imaginary CCM I've had in the last 9 months.
SE region here - tofurky
[ In Reply To ..]
Interesting! Sounds like we have the accounts. Only I actually lost count of how many CCMs I've had in the past 9 months, but that's about how long ago the whole debacle started for me. And who in the heck was/is the regional director for SE area? It's funny that I never had a clue after all these years because it's not like any of these imaginary people actually communicated with me in any way.

anyone else besides me worried? - worrywort

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel sick to my stomach about this "run and run fast" comment. What else do we have to endure????

Similar Messages:

If You Are In The SE Region......
Dec 08, 2009

I have a question.  I'm in the SE region where the CTL quit effective immediately last week.  Is our supervisor gone, too?  She never is good about communication, but I sent her an e-mail 2-1/2 weeks ago which is still unanswered and there has been no communication of any kind for about 3 weeks.  Shouldn't there have been a communication about our CTL leaving?  Nothing is completed in Schedule Source, etc. ...

ENT Help ~ S/l Pla-via Or Cla-via Region
Apr 18, 2010

Let me first say THANK YOU in advance, because I always forget to come back and do that as I get wrapped up in the next report (or 5 or 10 or 20, etc.)! I am covering for an ENT doc (I do rheum & ortho) so am totally clueless here! Doc says:  Fiberoptic endoscopy shows some residual pale edema to the right _____ region. s/l pla-bia, pla-via, cla-via - The more I listen the more I keep changing the beginning sound.  The end is very clearly "ee-ah" just not sure of the V or the B. ...

Am I The Only One With NJA In The SE Region?
Jul 23, 2010

I'm starting to wonder if I've been fired and no one's bothered to tell me. ...

Job Out Of Region?
Jan 05, 2013

I've only been on DQS since July and still getting to know how all things work. I work in the North region, and today I am getting jobs from an account I can't find in my BOB. This account is in Tennessee, which doesn't seem like it should be in the North. Am I getting jobs from another region? Anybody know if this is possible? My regular BOB seems to be pretty much out of work, but I didn't know I could get work from somewhere else. ...

NJA In The ?? Region
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know my region anymore, but seriously, this NJA is getting old... ...

No More CTLs In SE Region
Dec 23, 2009

Big whoop-di-do.  ...

New North Region
Dec 29, 2009

I think I've been up too long as I was reading the directions for text expansions and dictionaries for this "new" north region being created.  Directions indicates loggin into DocQscribe use new company code and then proceed with copy the above.  I don't ever put the company code in when I log into DocQscribe.  I only enter it sometimes when logging into DocQmanage. Has anybody already logged in with the new company code and downloaded the tex ...

Region Merger
Jan 03, 2010

My region did the switch this weekend and so far everything has gone smoothly for me except when I hit F9 it says there are no results (looking for my feedback and line counts).  Any ideas?  TIA ...

Out Of Work. SA5 Region.
Apr 09, 2010

Volume is low.  About 750 reports to type.  Lockout in my group started Tuesday midnight.  Our BOB has no work.  ...

Which MD-IT Region Is The One To Avoid?
Jun 21, 2010

Have an interview today and read here that success there is region-impacted. Please share if you know the region to avoid!! ...

Changing CCM/Region
Sep 07, 2010

I was switched to new accounts back in March, a group of long-term subacute hospitals with the same name and locations all over the country.  HIGH HIGH ESL.  Most of the notes barely 30 seconds long, if that.  They are the worst money accounts possible with more time spent on ADT than typing because the notes are so short.  The ONLY good thing is that I rarely ever run out of work.  My income has gone down over 40% since being put on these accounts.  I ask ...

More Incentive? Anybody Still With NJA? My Region Has
Oct 14, 2010

... ...

Im In The North Region-sm
Jan 26, 2013

and my supervisor's BOB has been pretty much empty for really the last month or more.  I have had maybe 10 jobs of my primary, secondary and so on accounts that Im familiar with for at least 2 weeks.  When I do get jobs from these accounts a lot of them have been hard to hear (background noise and such), some of the ASR reports have been horrible with a lot of added words and whole sentences left out.  This is crazy. Then tonight I check the back log and there are 2,000 ...

How Is Your Region Looking Today?
Nov 11, 2013

I took the day off but checked email.  Looks like manditory OT will be implemented soon ...

Transferred To Different Region
May 15, 2014

About 3 weeks ago I was transferred to a different region.  Been with MM 9 years, with many different supervisors and BOBs, but always the same region.  Was called by supervisor and told work load was low in her BOB and was "only going to get worse."  ILPs taking over, probably I assume.  She wanted to transfer me to make sure I had "plenty of work and stayed with MM."  Not sure what that meant.  I had never experienced NJA in that particular BOB.  The accounts ...

West Region
Dec 18, 2014

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that their line count average is sucking really bad since we got all these new accounts and then the new and improved (yeah right) software update?  And now its mandatory overtime (probably because we are struggling with the new accounts).  Yeah, I need the overtime just to make what I used to make without overtime.  ugggg. ...

Is Thoracolumbopelvic Region Correct?
Nov 03, 2009

? ...

Region Team Lead
Nov 07, 2009

Just read the MQ Central news about the pilot program for a new position called Region Team Lead (RTL). I'm already confused enough, I don't need a new acronym.  They said the CTL would now be doing 100% QA and transcription. It didn't really specify who will be doing PTO requests, etc. (unless I overlooked it) I'm glad I already requested Christmas off and it was granted! Thanks CTL! I'll miss you! ...

Antral And Prethyloric Region
Nov 12, 2009

Is there such a thing as a prethyloric region?  that is what it sounds like she is saying, but I cannot find anything like this when searching.  TIA ...

NJA Radiology North Region
Dec 30, 2009

Anyone else having issues with having work the last week or so?  I have seen a lot of messages about crap jobs and stuff...I haven't gotten much of anything.  Getting tired of having to take PTO to cover my butt (can't take the no pay option..can't afford but..but getting close to having to, because I am using all of my PTO).  Still sending out resumes. ...

Out Of Work, SA5, West Region.
Jan 08, 2010

Well, I am out of work.  A LOT of MT's have been getting on in the evenings and cleaning out my primary and secondary.  NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE until recently.  Hmmm.  Makes me now want to start popping on and work in the mornings.  After all, I wanted to work days (not evenings) to begin with, but was forced to work evenings or look for another job.  I really need to go back to school and do something else!!!  Looks like this company started changing a lot ...

North Region Screwed Up
Jan 19, 2010

Ever since this merge, my primary has been out of work, hardly ever happened before.  Mine is out of work because they're getting mine because their's is out of work and viice versa.  Everything was fine before this merge, but you know if something is working at MQ, they'll screw it up.  It's pretty much like the old cesspool again.  I have many words I would like to use right now, but I'll get in trouble on here.  So I'll just leave it ...

Just Curious.. . . Since We Have Switched Over To The New Region .. . .
Feb 07, 2010

I have not been able to go back and pull reports from before the switchover?  Is there any way to access that, or do we have to call Support? ...

What Was That About FTR Suspended In South Region?
Apr 29, 2010

I skimmed it, came back, and it was gone. ...

NJA North Region, Second Shift
Aug 12, 2010

Not even a helper pool for me today. Interesting. Been pretty busy all week, for a change. Here I thought things might be picking back up! Nope. Glad I am at least getting unemployment. ...

Fossil Of Alice Region
Jan 09, 2011

"fossil of Alice region" of the atrial septum? ...

Heads Up For South Region
May 14, 2011

If any of you were low on work before, its going to get lower.  A big hospital just started to send some of their work to India. ...

NJA This Morning North Region
Aug 12, 2011

This is really frustrating to wake up, looking forward to Friday and then NJA! ...

Does Anyone Know A GOOD Region/ROM At Transcend?
Mar 11, 2012

nm ...

No Work In The North Region????
Apr 10, 2012

where did all the work go??? ...