A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am very disheartened...my TSM just told me she was a victim of the great TSM elimination - kcmt

Posted: Oct 24, 2014

She had called and left a message for me the previous day, but I was unable to take the call.  I noticed a new name on my time clock, so I emailed my TSM and asked if I had been put up for adoption or something.

She called me back last night and told me that she was being, in effect, laid off.  She said it had nothing to do with job performance....it was just to affect the bottom line.  I am just sick to my stomach by this.  I have always considered myself very lucky here at this God-forsaken place to at least have one of the better TSMs.  Now, I am left, with the rest of my POD, to wonder and wander aimlessly.

I have thought about leaving on multiple occasions.  However, I carry the insurance for my family, and we need that too much to be without it.  Maybe one of these days, I will finally have that psychotic break and then I can go on disability.

You'll have lots of company - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

I'll be right there with you in the looney bin when we have our psychotic breaks.  Gee, maybe we'll get a group rate!  Laughing

Seriously, though, that SUCKS what is happening to your TSMs.  I agree, though, that while you'd love to quit, you need the insurance for your family.  Try to stick it out just as long as you can, but be on the lookout for a new career, totally unrelated to MT.  That's what I've done, and I've never looked back.  I still follow these boards, though, because it's sort of engrained in me. 

New career after MT - kcmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I bake cakes, cookies, cupcakes, etc. on the side. I would love to find a millionaire looking for some place to spend his/her money so I can open up a storefront. I do not foresee this happening anytime soon as I am not able to save any money working here.

On bathroom breaks, are you a Pee Pod? - lol nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Oh Great. TSM Moved So Many People To 1 Day On My Shift, I Was Told To Change!
Sep 20, 2013

She demanded schedule changes of all M-F MTs because of end-of-the-week/weekend TAT problems. I wasn't concerned because my entire schedule is for those troublesome days. Now I get an email that she moved too many people to my shift, and she wants me to change!!????? It is so frustrating working here on so many levels. I can't wait until I finish school and will be out of here! ...

Confused And Disheartened
Oct 02, 2012

When I first started with my present company I was told that there was going to be a lot of work and indeed I was working A LOT.  Being thanked profusesly for all the work I was doing and the quality I was documents I was editing.  Now only a few months later work and communication is at a standstill.  I work because I have to.  I am not independently wealthy.  I don't know what to do now. ...

Burn Victim Sl/10 Zanaflex
May 20, 2015

HI Everyone. Transcribing a burn victim. He is saying what sl/10 zanaflex for compression therapy. I can't figure this one out. Could it be tendon reflex for compression therapy? Any Ideas? ...

M*MODAL PART-TIME MT ELIMINATION
Aug 17, 2013

I've been with M*Modal for 9 years, got a phone call in the midst of my work shift they're eliminating part-time MTs...EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY... and spreading the work amongst full timers (India)....this is strictly a business decision...I have never even called in sick...I'm still in shock... I don't know about you, but I remember when qualities like hard work, loyalty, dedication were assets that were rewarded....what happened to morality, respect, dignity, APPRECIATION....o ...

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

Great Line Counts Require Great Dictators.
Feb 11, 2015

I'm always over 200 until I get Mr. Mumblemouth who knows he is not forming actual words when he hums through the PE, as my counts plummet to as loiw as 75 LPH.   Then I get a long report from an excellent fast-talking dictator and my LPH jumps to 340.   Question:  Why is it that the MTSO does not comprehend the fact that our production depends on the capability of the provider to dictate correctly?   The horrid dictators are never told they are doing anything wrong as ...

Great Transcription Job - Great Pay -
Dec 20, 2011

I worked for LabCorp for 7 years - started at $14/hr - left 7 yrs later at $19.86/hour -- company has own credit card for employees -  called a Clear Card - available to ALL employees - Regular working hours. EASY transcription!!!  Could do it in my sleep!  Benefits.  Had a lot of overtime if you wanted it - ($28 an hour when I left - at time and a half).  I would recommend LabCorp to EVERYONE!  They also have data entry if interested.  lower pay, though.& ...

Have You Ever Been Told This And If So------
Apr 09, 2010

what would you do about it.  My TL repeatedly tells us to get off the system when the work volume is low because we are taking food out of other MTs mouths because they cannot feed their families or pay their bills because they need to get at least 20,000 lines per pay, but they cannot do that if we stay on the system,and we need to have compassion for them and get off the system so the ones who need it the most can pay their bills.   Even if our line count is not met, they need i ...

Has Anyone Else But Me Been Told....
Aug 08, 2010

That you can't work on any computer besides a Medquist computer?  I don't get along my CCM.  We don't like each other.  I wanted to load my programs on my laptop so I could work when I was away from home, and I was told that was not possible.  I said I had done it in the past.  I was told, not anymore.  Support backed him on it.  But here lately I have heard people talking about working at Starbucks!!!!  That even during training they ...

Has Anyone Ever Been Told
Jul 16, 2012

that you are the only one who complains about pay and the lack of improvement of ASR? Somehow I find it hard that I am the only one on my team who voices their opinion. ...

Let Go Without Being Told
Jul 08, 2014

So I tried to get into mail and it didn't work.  I then tried to get into web clock and it didn't work.  I then tried to get into my regular work platform and again no luck.  Last week I was called about being short an hour and some minutes.  I was questioned about line counts also but was never told I was getting written up or terminated so what the hell?  Has this happened to anyone else with Nuance?  The thing is before this super unprofessional action ...

New To ASR/Told Had To Switch To ME By 07/01
Jun 30, 2010

I am sweating this out, as everyone else has, and it is not working for me.  The rules are too vague, the training insufficient, and I am struggling with doing whatever I can to get through the report and trying to correct "correctly" - whatever way that really is, there is no explanation.  I don't know when to use F11.  I gave ASR a 4-month try 4-5 (?) years ago when it first was implemented, and see similar non-recognition issues, similar heading issues, and probably I am ...

I Told My Husband
May 21, 2012

been with MRC/Medifax/MQ/MModal for 15 years now. He said "Will they send you a service pin?"  He's a real joker, my husband. ...

Way Above 98 And Told I Should Continue..
Jun 21, 2012

to strive for the 99%.  It did not matter I had 98.8. and there have been times I was over 99%  They are out of their freakin minds.  I wonder who in this world is perfect at their job. ...

Told To Use My PTO By End Of Year?????
Nov 01, 2012

X ...

I Was Told By My CCM Why No Work For Some
Jan 03, 2013

apparently they are trying to weed out MT's as they did CCM's. The ones who don't produce or excessive absences, etc.  ...

I Have Been Told Nothing About The 15 Minute Pay
Mar 19, 2013

I was not told anything about taking 15 minutes when no work available.  I have read something to the effect of taking 15 minutes pay when no work available.  I'm confused.  Why hasn't my TCM told me about this?  I work on new acct, haven't been with MModal that long, but shouldn't I have been told about this as I ran out of work and was told to just clock out if no work.  ...

My Boss Just Told Me... Sm
Jul 18, 2013

that a "transcribers" job is to type what they hear and only what they hear, and that the doctors will be held accountable for their mistakes.  This made me laugh. ...

Hate To Say I Told Ya So
Aug 14, 2013

When this PTO garbage started I knew something was coming down. I don't like this new NJA procedure. I haven't had time to decipher the whole thing, but something STINKS ...

6-1/1 Yrs Ago My Manager Told Me Sm
Aug 15, 2013

"It WILL BE 7 yrs before they get enough Indian transcriptionists trained to replace all the US MTs."  Not would be or could be but WILL BE.  That was right after he had gotten back from a meeting with all the higher ups and right about the time C-Bay came into play.  He quit MM not too long after that and so did I. Good luck to you all.    ...

Told Dr Complaining
Sep 12, 2013

We were told recently a doctor was complaining about the quality of our reports.  I thought that strange as he has no accent and speaks very clearly.  I just did a report of his and his complaints are....do not use 1, 2, 3, etc., spell out one, two, three, etc.., do not leave off THE patient and just type patient at the beginning  of a sentence..do not leave off LABORATORY IS AS FOLLOWS and just type LABORATORY, type what I said.  I said..right on, doc, my sentiments exactly. ...

Told Cannot Use Time Off No Pay For NJA
Nov 09, 2014

What is this something new?  I am PT and if there are no jobs available, I have to stick around until the end of my shift or schedule time during the pay period to make up time when there were no jobs available.  What is that all about?  This cant be legal.  That is not what it says in the policies and procedures under Human Resources, but the new time keeper or whatever she is called sent an email and said there is a lot of confusion about this and said you cannot use time o ...

Okay, So I Have Been Put On PM. I Was Told To Log Into Ultipro And SM
Jun 12, 2015

Log into Ultipro click on myself tab and click correctiv actions.  I have tried to do this several times and cannot.  i get a message that my system cannot handle this, I need explorer 8 or hogher.  I tried to download explorer 8 and it says I my system cannot handle it.  I tried from personal computer and get same message.  I then tried again on MMODAL comp using Firefox, still no go, same message.  Anybody else have this problem?  This is crazy. ...

CTL Position Eliminated-TOLD YOU!
Nov 16, 2009

When this position was created, I told several on this board NOT TO APPLY for it because it would be eliminated like other positions they dream up.  YEP, just got word today it has been.  The CTLs will now be MMEs only.  UNBELIEVEABLE!!!  This company never ceases to amaze me!  Several days ago, someone said something was going to happen on 11/15, this was it!! ...

Was Told I Wasn't Paid Enough To Put Up With
Dec 02, 2009

the bickerings of his office staff.  Mind you, I make great per hour pay with this doctor, so I cannot complain about his pay, but for him to acknowledge that he was aware how valuable my time is really put a smile on my face.  His office wanted me to do something for them and I propose charging them (not him) $25/hour.  He told me I had undercut myself and was worth more.  :)  This was something they need to take care of internally and he told me he will tell them not t ...

Supervisor At Hospital Told Me
Jan 23, 2010

before editing and she spends her day editing the editors. That sounds cost effective! ...

Doc Just Told Me To Hold My Water.
Feb 11, 2010

He started dictating an Op note and then got confused.  While trying to figure out what the heck he was doing, he said "hold your water." Maybe I'm just really bored today, or maybe my sense of humor is out of whack, but I started laughing hysterically at that! When the doc actually talks directly to me instead of just dictating (unless they are being a jerk) it's nice because you realize that he or she knows there is someone listening....even if they're telling you to ...

An MT Supervisor Told Me (Regarding MTs Who Aren't Doing Well)
Mar 12, 2010

An MT supervisor told me that when they aren't happy with an MT's work because they aren't following instructions or are getting sloppy, they just take them off the schedule. Sometimes they do it gradually and other times leave them with little or no work. They keep the work for the MTs who are doing the best job with the least fuss. Interesting. ...

Was Told That AHDI Said Transcriptionists Should Be
Mar 23, 2010

able to do any type of transcription.  Not sure if that is tier 3 or any transcriptionist, but AHDI is not a friend of the MT.  AHDI and MQ are certainly in bed together and against the MT.  ...

I Was Told By Moving With My Primary To A New CCM.
Jun 18, 2010

I have had less of my primary account for the last 2 weeks.  Today, I have so far done 8 reports and 8 reports are all from different hospitals I have never heard before.  Sure, my primary I will see more by swithching over to the other side.  LIES!  Back in the cesspool AGAIN!  Making less than minimum wage.  MQ loss, not mine.  Trying to do my best, but this is crap for crap pay.  Need to seriously get out of here.  Six more months, if I can hold i ...