A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

M*MODAL PART-TIME MT ELIMINATION - Dreamer

Posted: Aug 17, 2013

I've been with M*Modal for 9 years, got a phone call in the midst of my work shift they're eliminating part-time MTs...EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY... and spreading the work amongst full timers (India)....this is strictly a business decision...I have never even called in sick...I'm still in shock... I don't know about you, but I remember when qualities like hard work, loyalty, dedication were assets that were rewarded....what happened to morality, respect, dignity, APPRECIATION....or even a weeks' notice...there's no such thing as job security...don't mind me I'm just frustrated... thanks for listening.

part-time - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I find this strange they are eliminating part-timers. I have been approved to go part-time the beginning of September. Wonder if I will get a phone call and that will change the first day I'm part-time? I'm on the fence if this is a good or bad thing for me yet.

I find that interesting also - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
since they HAVE to provide healtcare to full timers. I was gonna go PT but Ill stay put,,I only need maybe another year till I can quit

not sure they HAVE to or of they just have to give the option - of healthcare. dont want their heathcare

[ In Reply To ..]
My husband's insurance is way better...

Everyone seems to forget... - MM

[ In Reply To ..]
is just another name for the deceitful, stealing, lying MedQuist which was the disgrace of the MT world. What is happening now should come as no surprise to anyone.

PT Elimination - MT GONE

[ In Reply To ..]
Holy cow, I had gone to PT the last few months I was with them, actually to work more hours at another PT job. Got the offer to go full-time and took it. No longer an MT, but the bills get paid with a little left over! And, to think I actually struggled a bit with the decision, even after pay cuts, increased "standards," and all the other crap M*M (then MQ) tossed at me! What was I thinking?

If this is true.... - Used and Abused

[ In Reply To ..]
Then they have certainly violated the WARN ACT. File a complaint. Get the ball rolling and others will be here to back you up.

WARN Act! - MayraMM

[ In Reply To ..]
They fired me with no notice, effective immediately, and obviously part of a mass layoff. Sounds like a violation to me. One of many. I was also in the middle of a Worker's Comp claim. Luckily, my labor lawyer is on this, as well and the WC fiasco. I can't believe they're being so careless, unless they're taking all of their operations overseas in an effort to avoid having to comply with American laws.

I think the fear mongering is a wee bit overblown here. - Sorry to those who lost their job

[ In Reply To ..]
but let's try to keep it somewhat real.

I doubt very much that they violated the warn act. There is no way to know if what you read on this board is true or not. Even if every single post on here was true, a handful of jobs does not a mass layoff make.

All I see on here is a whole lot of speculation based on very few actual facts.

MModal cannot send ALL of the jobs to India, some of their clients demand an American work force and MQ was bitten very hard for that a few years back. Is the US workforce going to be smaller? Absolutely, but it isn't going to be zero. Why do you think they made such a huge push to get everyone who was eligible to test for MME this past spring?

fine have your way - 10 people were let go
[ In Reply To ..]
and by coincidence (or not) every one of them uses this board.
10? i was told from IT guy, there were over 200. - just saying
[ In Reply To ..]
Company is having to call in more IT guys to come to the office to help make all the phone calls to the MTs who were let go.
oh no this person hear says it's all a rumor ;) - so the IT guy must be wrong. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
;)
IT guys are making the phone calls??? - Everyone on here said it was their CCM
[ In Reply To ..]
My biggest problem with this board is never knowing who or what to believe. One person could be posting as 10 different people.

Would love some solid believable info.

If this particular post is true and it is in the 200 range, then clearly that let's them off the hook for the Warn act rally going on.

Mostly, I just despise sue happy people. I don't think anyone will be winning any big class action lawsuit here.
The IT guys are handling the return of equipment - they are very busy right now nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Yes, IT guys call you about equipment return - AND TERRIBLY EXTREMELY BUSY.
[ In Reply To ..]
So busy, there are pages and pages with lists and lists of names to call where the IT guys have to call in other IT techs to help out. Is that not a mass layoff or what?
TSM calls you. IT guy calls you later for - equipment return
[ In Reply To ..]
who are very busy who told me everyday MTs are being laid off since March and this last one was in the hundreds.
That is NOT what I said. Just that we have no REAL - idea how many were laid off
[ In Reply To ..]
That alone was my point. There is ZERO way of knowing how many or why? And, most of all, there is no way of knowing who is next.

They have made no secret that their ultimate goal is to off-shore as much as possible. So lay-offs should come as no surprise to any of us. However, I firmly believe they have to maintain some US workforce. Do I think I will be one of the few left standing? Not a chance. Though, I did take the MME test this past spring, as I was pretty sure that was an omen of things to come.

To those laid-off, get hooked up with TAA and get retrained. One door slams in your face and another one opens.
mme - let go
[ In Reply To ..]
A requirement for MME was that you had to be full-time so that automatically made part-time ineligible for testing. Just saying.
Right, they said if you tested and passed - you had to move to full time.
[ In Reply To ..]
Did no one else see this as an omen of things to come?

It was such a radical thing for them to do. They even suspended the waiting period for new hires to take the test.

A big push for every Tier 3 to take the MME test and then shortly thereafter freezing tier testing.

It was pretty clear something big was coming down and low and behold, here it is.

I was told around 200 almost 4 weeks ago. - reliable source.
[ In Reply To ..]
You better tell your MM employees to keep their mouths shut. I had someone on the phone crying with me because he couldn't believe how long I worked for the company and felt bad. I was told around 200 with the last one which was near the end of July. This one sounds even bigger which makes it hundreds. Get real!! Look at reality. MM is making extra work for their IT department. Mass layoffs is anything over 50 and there where hundreds OBVIOUSLY in the last month. I believe MM did not follow the Warn Act. I'm blabbing this to everyone. Only time will tell if MM has to pay the fines.
The Warn Act is 500 employees for a company - the size of MM. Not 50.
[ In Reply To ..]
Mass Layoff: A covered employer must give notice if there is to be a mass layoff which does not result from a plant closing, but which will result in an employment loss at the employment site during any 30-day period for 500 or more employees, or for 50-499 employees if they make up at least 33% of the employer's active workforce. Again, this does not count employees who have worked less than 6 months in the last 12 months or employees who work an average of less than 20 hours a week for that employer.

http://www.doleta.gov/programs/factsht/warn.htm
So this is why they're doing it in spurts - MayraMM
[ In Reply To ..]
So they can lay off 499 people every month and not be in violation? Even if that was true, what would their clients think about their actions? Not the hospitals, but the doctors themselves.
They can lay off 499 every 90 days. - No message.
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
It'd depend on how many *US* employees they have - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

I'm part time and still here, haven't heard anything - mme

[ In Reply To ..]
Plus my region has loads of work. I am not worrying and if you want to go part time, I don't think you can live your life wondering if you will be laid off..just do it. Full time can be laid off as well. It is however the wind blows at any time what MM will do. Too much speculation on here that ALL part timers getting the ax.

Similar Messages:

M-Modal And Part Time
Jan 15, 2013

Does M-Modal hire part time?  I work full time days elsewhere and looking for 15-20 hours a week, evenings and weekends. ...

Thoughts On Working For M Modal Part-time?
Feb 09, 2013

It is depressing reading about the poor treatment by some companies. I am looking for some part-time transcribing or VR editing after losing OT and no raise but health care, grocery, gas costs still rising. How are they to work for? Do you run out of work? Is the pay so low you feel like you are sewing soccer balls in India? I worked for a local service years ago, the pay was great, the owner great and tons of work. From what I am reading 8 cpl for transcribing and 4 cpl for VR editing is n ...

What's The Hour And Line Count Differences Between Part Time And Flex Part Time?
Jan 12, 2012

I'm currently flex part time only working 18 hours a week but I do have a set schedule.  What are the requirments for part-time and how may hours per week do you have to work.  Also, is there a difference between the line counts for part time and flex part time. Thanks. ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...

Part-time Versus Full-time Benefits
Jan 10, 2013

I'm curious as to the difference between the benefits for part-time versus full-time employment.  Are they the same?   ...

Optiscript Part Time To Full Time
Nov 19, 2011

Does anyone care to share that if you are hired at optiscript part time will they let you change to full time easily? I know they are a small company and do not over hire so I do not know how easily this could be done.  I am thinking of cutting down to part time at my current employee so I can work part time elsewhere and eventually just leave my current employee once I see how the land lays elsewhere.  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated :) ...

Full-time/Part-time Hours?
Feb 13, 2012

Since part-time is generally considered 20-25 hrs. per week, does that mean that full-time is anything over 25 hrs. per week or does it have to be a flat 40 hrs? ...

Anyone Gone From Full-time To Part-time With This Company?
Mar 21, 2012

I am strongly considering going to part-time, just hoping to get opinions from anyone who has gone from full-time to part-time or opinions from anyone who has just always been part-time.  Thanks! ...

Nuance: From Full-time To Part-time
Apr 26, 2012

Would anyone be willing to post info on this? I am considering switching to part-time. Wondering how amenable the company is to such requests. If you have done this, were you able to keep same schedule or were you forced into a different schedule? Thanks for any thoughts! ...

Questions Re Going From Full Time To Part Time. Sm
Aug 08, 2012

Has anyone been allowed to go from full-time to part-time employment with Nuance?  Were you able to keep the same basic schedule?  I won't be ready to do this until early next year, so not asking HR at this point. Thanks for any responses! ...

Nuance - Part Time To Full Time?
Aug 08, 2012

I see the post about going from full to part time, but what about the opposite?  For example, if I get hired at 30 hours per week and I have extra time available for a few weeks, can I consistently work more hours than those scheduled 30 hours?  Thanks for any insight you can give. ...

Change From Full- Time To Part- Time.
Sep 10, 2012

I am still debating whether to enroll at Andrews or M-TEC.  My husband is retiring in 2 years and I want to be able to work part-time after that.  Is it realistic to think that I can complete the course at Andrews or M-TEC in 12 months at the most, work full time for a year and then part-time after that.  I would want to be able to work from home.  I guess the other question is "How long after graduating could I expect to earn enough to make it worth the investment, in a reas ...

Is It Easy To Go From Full Time To Part Time At MM?
Feb 18, 2013

I hired on at full time but want to drop 2 hours off a day.  Do they make you change shift or accounts in that case? I don't want benefits so don't care about that.  I worked at Nuance and any change in schedule ultimately ended up in an account and/or shift change.   TIA ...

From Full Time To Part Time With MModal?
Mar 04, 2013

from full time to part time w MM?  I am so burned out trying to work full time hours, I honestly think I would get the same pittance of a check working part time.  Thanks.   ...

Has Anyone Moved From Part-time To Full-time With The
Apr 26, 2013

same company? If so, was it a good decision? I'm thinking of doing that. Thanks. ...

?? Full Time At IMedx/part Time
Jun 18, 2015

Just asking if anyone knows what is considered full time for Imedx and what is considered part time?  ...

Anyone With Playback Problem With Practical Part Of M*Modal Test? Sm
Mar 21, 2012

I had no problems wit the objectiv questions but when I tried to use the keyboard controls or foot pedal to transcribe the sample reports, wouldn't work, even after I downloaded their footpedal software from Career Step.  ...

Full-time To Part-time
Mar 09, 2010

For those who went full time to part-time with MQ (because you got another job)...how did that work?  Did they approve the schedule you wanted, or did they make you take a schedule?  My CCM told me in my area there is no more flexible part-time available but could do regular 24 hour part-time...she said she would have to approve my schedule if and when I do this.  I may be doing two part-time jobs to start and I am trying to figure out how to do my scheduling around both jobs.    Does a ...

Anybody Know About Getting Time Off For Part-time Status
May 04, 2012

I just switched to part-time status due to a court reporting program I have been taking and need 4 hours a day to practice my speed.  I couldn't really figure out the time off situation. I don't care about PTO but want to take time off when I need it.  Anybody know anything about this?  Thanks.  ...

Has Anyone Gone Full-time To Part-time
Mar 28, 2014

Has anyone gone full-time to part-time and then worked part-time at another company as well? I can't keep having my pay go up and down with this incentive nonsense. Need more stability. Way too much stress.   ...

I Am Very Disheartened...my TSM Just Told Me She Was A Victim Of The Great TSM Elimination
Oct 24, 2014

She had called and left a message for me the previous day, but I was unable to take the call.  I noticed a new name on my time clock, so I emailed my TSM and asked if I had been put up for adoption or something. She called me back last night and told me that she was being, in effect, laid off.  She said it had nothing to do with job performance....it was just to affect the bottom line.  I am just sick to my stomach by this.  I have always considered myself very lucky he ...

Part-time Job
Dec 08, 2009

I'm getting frustrated about finding a part-time job.  I've done so many interviews, I'm blue in the face.  They all want to start at such a low cpl that I just can't do it.  I'm about ready to try to get a non-MT part-time and see how that goes.  I've heard about Avon and that it can be done from home on-line now.  I'm wondering if that would supplement my income any better.  The only problem I have is I hate going door-to-do ...

Part Time PTO
Jan 20, 2010

I'm considering dropping to part-time.  I checked out the MQ Central for the specs and it indicates 24 hours/0.03 PTO per 48 hr pay period/1.37 hours for a max of 5 days/40 hours yearly. My CCM said if I happened to work 39 hours in a week, I'd get more PTO accumulated during that time.  She said there are PT folks who get just as much PTO as the FT do.  I didn't see anything like that mentioned in the PTO section on MQ Central.    ...

New Part-time Job
Jul 21, 2011

I was talking to my CCM last week and she said the facilities just let them know they do not need them anymore, just like that.  They go with their own VR.  I don't trust anyone anymore so I secured a part-tiime job that I start in 2 weeks.  I will not be getting much sleep, but I will have to suck it up.  This is an outside job driving 60 miles a day, but I guess we do what we have to do.  I would think at my age (61) a person would'nt have to work so hard. ...

Looking For Part-time
Dec 02, 2011

Are there any good companies left out there to work for part-time (20-35 hours) with straight typing and no C-phone?  ...

Part Time ??
Apr 26, 2012

Does anyone know of any companies that only require 15 hours or so weekly, or a low line count, for part-timers?  I would like to earn some extra money, but have time restraints :( ...