A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone know of a good free Medical Spell Checker? - Tiff

Posted: Nov 09, 2009

I recently got a new computer & have had quite a time getting all my transcription software transferred over; the only thing I am unable to transfer is my medical spellcheck.  I have used Stedmann's for sometime now but went on their site and it is $100 to purchase it.  The version I have on a disc is not supported by Vista :( Does anyone know of any other good medical spell checkers out there that are free??

I've used this one with Word. See link. - Joan

[ In Reply To ..]
It's called MTH-Med-Spel-Chek and worked when I couldn't reinstall Stedman's Spellchecker.

spellcheck - vrmt

[ In Reply To ..]
As far as I know Word has an inbuilt spellchecker, but you have to purchase a medical spellchecker, I guess, Stedman's electronic is the best.

Can you build your own? sm - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
It's free and as reliable as you make it. You just have to make sure not to add misspelled words to your dictionary.

Similar Messages:

Looking For A Good Medical Dictionary / Spell Checker
Oct 26, 2010

I know this has been discussed in the past, but my search did not bring up any current threads so I'm asking again, just in case anything has changed, etc., since the old posts. I am looking for a good medical dictionary/spell checker.  What is your preference? THANKS!!  ...

Medical Spell Checker - Most Useful?
Dec 14, 2009

What medical spell checker do y'all find most useful? What references do you like to have in hardcopy at your fingertips?   Maple Grandma ...

Medical Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2015

Hello Everyone, I'm looking for a really good medical spell checker at a responsible price or free (LOL).  Would love some suggestions. Thanks in advance for the suggestions. ...

Medical Spell Checker Question
Oct 25, 2011

I have incorporated a medical dictionary into my Word custom dictionary, plus any new words are added into my shorthand program.  I've noticed some companies require you have a medical spell checker.  Any suggestions on a good program to purchase? ...

Medical Spell Checker And Line Counting Software
Dec 29, 2010

I am a new MT graduate and am searching for a good medical spell checker software that includes line counting, as well as being reasonably priced.  Any recommendations?  I've checked some websites, but am still unsure. Thank you for your help. LM ...

Stedmans Spell Checker-How To Set It Up In Spell Check
Dec 03, 2010

I just downloaded the Stedmans Spell Checker to work with my Word Documents, and I can't figure out how to make it work with Word. I went into Spell check, Options, and saw custom dic, but don't know where to go from there to set it up. Help please, and thank you! ...

Spell Checker
Jul 01, 2014

Does anyone know where i can get a free demo or cheap spellchecker ASAP? Thanks ...

What Expander To Use With DQS And Spell Checker Please?
Sep 10, 2010

Can someone tell me what expander to use with DQS and spell checker please? Are these built in?  Thanks! ...

Stedmans Spell Checker
Nov 09, 2010

question, got a different work computer that runs vista and word 2007. I'm looking for an affordable place to get a Stedman's dictionary download. any advice? ...

Stedman's Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2013

I have had Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker installed in my computer for a few years now.  As of this morning, it is not working, not highlighting misspelled words, etc.  I have tried reinstalling.  It shows installed.  I have tried rebooting.  What else can I do? ...

MS Word And Stedman's Spell Checker
Jul 16, 2010

HELP!  MS Word is not recognizing Stedmans as my spell checker, so all med words are red underlined.  I tried restoring my computer to prior week, and tried using an old version of normal.dot        Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I use Smartype and that is fine, it's just my spell checker.  It has apparently reverted to the spell checker that comes standard with Word.   I have been using this computer and this setup f ...

Best Med/Pharm Spell Checker Software
Nov 25, 2013

Can anyone tell me what is the best medical and pharmacy spell check software to use with Windows 7/MS Word 2010 / Also, does anyone know if the eScription platform comes with its own spell check or any sort of on-line references for terminology. TIA ! ...

Opinions On Inductel Spell Checker
Feb 15, 2014

Starting a new position and spell checker software is required.  She said that the brand doesn't matter so much as having one.  I used Stedman's in my old position, but it belonged to the company.  I know it isn't Stedman's, which I will be getting soon, but is the Inductel spell checker sufficient to get me through the first pay period until I purchase the Stedman's? ...

Medical Spell Checkers
Apr 15, 2011

Does anyone use Medispell medical checker?  I have always used Spellex but I now have Word 2010 on my computer and the Spellex that I have is no longer compatible.  I am looking for a good medical checker at a reasonible price.  Any ideas?  Thanks ...

A Good Spell Check For Word 2010?
Sep 14, 2010

Does Anyone know of a good spell check for word 2010? TIA mmct ...

Is This A Medical Term Or Drug Name And How Do You Spell It?
Mar 17, 2010

Okay, I have no idea what this doctor is saying or how you spell it so bear with me....it sounds like....asetasala silate....It may be something totally obvious but I am at a loss. TIA! ...

Medical Spell Check Software
Oct 10, 2012

I need an updated medical spell check software - can anyone make recommendations for one that isn't too expensive? Thanks in advance! ...

Medical Spell Check For Android?
Dec 10, 2014

Anyone know of a good Medical Spell Check for Android? My daughter is looking for one for school. Thanks, LadyDianaMT ...

Need Good Free Expander
Jan 30, 2014

My computer crashed yesterday and I had to buy a new one.  The word processing program that was installed on my new computer (Word clone) does not come with an expander, you have to pay extra for it. Are there any really good, easy to use, preferably FREE expanders out there that I can download? Thanks! ...

WORD 2003 Medical Spell Checkers
Feb 18, 2010

I am trying to find a good spellchecker to download for Word 2003.  I had previously been working out of WP5.1 and then Pscribe, so there was no need for me to purchase one.  TOO many out there, would like opinions from  MTs who actually use them, not the manufacturer saying "its the best one available" and end up paying for something that is garbage.  Starting a new position on Monday where I will be typing in Word 2003.  Any suggestions greatly appreciat ...

Medical Spell Check For Office 2013
Oct 04, 2014

I just bought a computer with Office 2013 and want a medical spell check on it. Any suggestions? ...

Good Free Transcribing Software
Mar 15, 2010

I just recently got a new computer over the weekend and when I tried to install my Start Stop software, it failed.  I then downloaded Express Scribe and it worked on dss voice files, but I can't get it to play any of my other voice files. Start stop would play them all. ...

Yesterday Was My Last Day,feels So Good To Be Free
Apr 15, 2014

After 20 years at MM and 5 years transcribing before that, I'm officially retired.  MM was a great job when I started. It allowed me to stay home with my kids when they were small and I even made a good wage but lately...this company has gone to the dogs and I am so happy to be done with it.  There was a time when we were professionals not just typists working for peanuts. I will miss transcribing but I will not miss MM. Au revoir MM.  ...

Free Medical Spellcheck?
Nov 26, 2009

anyone know of any good, reliable free medical spellcheck i can download? i am using word 2007 right now.   thanks :o)   crystal ...

Free Medical Spellcheckers
Jul 04, 2014

Is there one better than another free medical spellchecker programs when it comes to compatiblility with eScription?  Which works best with this platform?  Not interested in buying Stedman's product.  Thanks! ...

Free Online Medical Dictionary?
Jun 03, 2011

I was told I need to download a new medical spell checker for my computer.  Problem is, Stedman's cost $100, and I simply do not have that right now.  Are there any good, professional, reliable FREE online medical spell checkers out there to download?  Thanks! ...

Free Trial For Medical Spellchecker?
Apr 30, 2013

Does anyone know of a free online trial medical spellchecker I can try? What is the best medical spellchecker (without breaking bank)? I need one for work but have no idea what one to go with.  Input appreciated. ...

Medical Dictionary/spell Check Software Compatible With Word
Apr 15, 2010

I just recently quit my job with MQ after having been there for 10 years.  I'm now working as an IC on Word.  Does anybody have information on a good medical software program (medical dictionary/spell checker/expander) that is compatible with Word.  I'd like to get something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!! Any help would be appreciated.        ...

Anyone Use A Free Medical Dictionary Software Program?
Dec 22, 2014

Hello all.  I am wondering if anyone uses a free medical dictionary software and would be willing to share the name.  Thanks! ...

Yea Doc Spell The Words Any Idiot Can Spell
Apr 10, 2012

How freaking stupid do you think I am???  Obviously you cant spell what you just rambled through either but speak normally and I guarantee you I can...off to search AGAIN!!! ...