A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am finally out!! =) - memls

Posted: Feb 20, 2015

I am finally no longer a medical transcriptionist!  No more stress!! No more crappy shifts, crappy dictators, crappy PMs!! No more accounts specs! No more anything!  I read on here all the time how people say you can do it! you can get out of the field and find something else but I never believed it!  Now I am!  I accepted a job with an answering service making good money, benefits, PTO, 401 my own hours and I can do it from home!  so ya it can be done people!!

Congrats! hope to follow you soon. :) nm - me

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I envy you! - mamaoh6

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought about going into closed captioning but can't afford the tuition. Plus not sure if I'll be much better off. Best of luck to you (feel like I'm waving bye from behind prison bars..)

Good for you! - yess

[ In Reply To ..]
You go girl!

Good for you! Congratulations! - All the best!

[ In Reply To ..]

Yeah. Manpower is hiring for tax support - IMANMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
the first interview and the assessment is simple enough if you can look stuff up on the internet and know anything about your computer and have common sense.

It is a little shocking at first to be treated like a human being but it's like riding a bike ... it all starts coming back. :D

I am out too!!!! - MTold27

[ In Reply To ..]
I finally got a new job too. Can hardly wait to be out of this job. I have been miserable for 3 years. I was hired right before WedMedx sold out to Nuance, been miserable ever since. I just got off verbal warning for production and was told if I slipped under 100 C-LPH at any time I wil go straight to Performance Plan and have 4 weeks to make improvement each week or be fired. This week I will slip below C-LPH due to computer problems with Enterprise that IT tried to fix but only made it worse!!! Can hardly wait to give my notice on Monday!!!!

Just in time...Congratulations! - Good luck to you!

[ In Reply To ..]

Good for you.. - gonesoon

[ In Reply To ..]
Now, you watch - QA will ding you for anything they can - that's what they did to me on my last day with Nuance - QA dinged me, QC dinged me, for the same report. My reply on Fiesa was "don't care - it's my last day."

I am finally out - squirrel

[ In Reply To ..]
Feelsgood, doesn't it? Ever since the "standard line" went to a 65-character line, it's been downhill ever since. Feels good to be away from this dying business.

Gone as well - nomoremt

[ In Reply To ..]
I just turned in my time as well. I don't have another job to go to but we are going to try to survive while I look. I just can't work this way anymore. Good luck to everyone leaving. I wish you all well and for those that have already left good for you!

No more MT - mama

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't blame you; this business is dying. You'll find something and start anew on a different path. Best wishes.
Thank you mama! - nomoremt
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much for the best wishes. I know I'll survive. I've already found something to do that actually pays well!!

I was hoping - memls

[ In Reply To ..]
when I gave my 2 weeks notice to SS that they would just automatically lock me out of the system...LOL..no such luck..there is always tomorrow though.. =)

lmao - lmao

[ In Reply To ..]
That's toooo funny... you hoping they would lock you out, lmfao.

What company are you working for?? - grace

[ In Reply To ..]
What co are you working for and how did you get the job. I would be very interested in something like that. Would be happy with any info.

It is... - memls

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a locally owned company where I live.

I am so lucky to have gotten out too! - Survivor

[ In Reply To ..]
After 25 years of transcribing, I got fired by KS for low productivity. I was humiliated but my family rejoiced. I had been depressed, miserable, stressed and isolated for years. In Washington state we have a government-funded free program called Worksource whose entire purpose is to help people get jobs. So I took some of their free classes - skills assessment, resume writing, completing an application, and interview skills.

I decided I deserved to work someplace that made me happy, and I targeted my favorite storage and organization store. I did my homework: I read everything I could find about the company including the application process and interviews, I visited one of their stores, I attended one of their free workshops and chatted with one of their managers. I was hired within a week of submitting my application, and I still can't believe it!

My job is so much fun! For the first time in years I know what my coworkers look like! Management and coworkers are so positive, supportive and warm. I have benefits! I enjoy going to work! And I never thought I could successfully get out of transcription, but here I am, in my first retail job at 60 years of age and making more than I made at KS!

Believe in yourselves, everyone. There IS life after transcription, and it is so much better! If I can do this at my age, so can you. Life is too short to be a miserable slave. Good luck to you all, and I wish you all the best!

this is awesome - memls

[ In Reply To ..]
It is stories like this that make me feel better about my decision. I had 17 years in the business and I just couldn't take it anymore. Sometimes you have to get out of your comfort zone =) Congratulations to you!

My family felt the exact same way - before I got out

[ In Reply To ..]
I was sooooo unhappy and so stressed. I'm so angry that the majority of their time growing up was spent watching me sit at my computer waiting on work or working off my shift to make up for OOW situations, or working overtime to make up for the crappy pay...

My kids love me again. I told them how sad I was that this career didn't turn out the way I had planned when I started 25+ years ago. All that education and training down the drain, but you know what? Kids are amazingly supportive when they see their parent struggling so much just to put food on the table.

We're going out to dinner this weekend to celebrate my new job and hopefully new career - I found my dream job working for a vet clinic! It CAN be done folks!!

Me too - aching fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you. I plan on getting out in April or May after 25 plus years. I really love transcription, but sadly the "powers that be" have ruined it. I certainly don't recommend it to anyone when they inquire about what I do.

I did it too .... - and I am OLD, lol

[ In Reply To ..]
It took my last company (TTMS) being sold out (to iMedX). That made my 4th buyout in the last decade or so - and I decided I wasn't going to go through this crap again... ever.

I spent the entire last year looking for something not in the medical field and even at my age, I finally found something else. From my experience with past buyouts, I knew about how long I had before the work started disappearing, and I was right on target, so I got the freak out. I start my new job in a couple of weeks!!

Ya gotta think outside the box and not be scared to make the change, people, but you definitely need to make the change. Everything is going EHR according to the new laws passed. There will not be a need for MTs in the very near future. Heed the warning ;)

Similar Messages:

I Finally Get It....
Mar 02, 2010

After receiving the infamous "no jobs available" for the upteen time today, it finally hit me.  What an amazing way to get rid of MTs without really having to get rid of them on your own.  Drive the MTs insane with no work, yet keep them locked to their computers in the hope that a job might become available.  It feels kinda like playing the lottery....you know it's a waste of money and time, but just maybe you might win...ughh.  Why is it that our "professional" jo ...

Now I Finally Believe The End Is Near
Jun 06, 2011

I must admit I've been reading this board for years, never posted until now, partly due to the probably unsubstantiated paranoia going around awhile back that those who posted here got the ax first, silly I suppose, but I used to care about keeping this job and didn't want to take any chances.  Now, finally, I understand that I am fighting a losing battle, and I know longer give ******.  I've been reading about you guys with NJA for days on end, etc., etc., and I guess I ...

I Did It.....finally! Sm
Jul 05, 2011

I finally told MQ goodbye!  I finally got another contract job and they needed me to start pretty much immediately, so I quit without notice.  In a way I feel bad for resigning without a 2-week notice, but I figure MQ would not give me a 2-week notice if they were letting me go.  I wish all my MQ co-workers well and I hope you find happiness either with MQ or elsewhere.  God bless you all! ...

Finally!!
Jun 15, 2012

Never thought this day would get here, but I'm finally gone!! I feel such peace just to know that I won't have to stress anymore about everthing this industry has become: Horrible dictators, low pay, off-shoring, and VR. Bless everyone who is sticking it out until the very end. ...

I'm Finally Out!
Dec 01, 2012

Finally out.  I start a new job in-house on December 10 in a medical office.  Not MT, just answering some phones and setting up appointments.   And I get to wear scrubs.  I guess in the morning I'll be taking off one pair of pajamas and putting on another.  Don't lose hope friends.... ...

Finally, I Got A Better Job!
Dec 20, 2012

I can't tell you how happy I am.  I was literally dancing around the house.  DS thought I was out of my mind, and I kind of was.  I have been trying to get out from under this oppressive company for a long time now, and I finally have.  I wish everyone a happy holiday.  I'm happy to say I won't be posting here anymore.  I've moved on and I'm not looking back. Best of luck to everyone who is in the same position I was this time yesterday. &nb ...

Well I Finally Did It!
Jan 23, 2013

I finally went ahead and filed for partial U/E.  I know I'm not in as bad of a situation as many I read on this board but I just can't live like this anymore.  It's bad enough that our pay has been to sharply cut with VR but now when they don't give us any work to do it's worse.  It humiliated me at my age to have to do this for the first time in my life at 59 years of age but I did it.  ...

FINALLY OUT!!!
Feb 11, 2013

Friday is my last day transcribing at a company that is about to lay off 10-25 people!  Unforunately that company lost its biggest account, but fortunately my last 6 months of hard word has paid off and starting a new career alltogether with the local county!  I will continue to pray for you that you find work to be satisfied with and compensated accordingly.  I have typed for 15 years and it is hard to say goodbye considering it brought me through many hard times raising my two o ...

Finally Got Out Of MT
Jan 01, 2014

I just wanted really to say for those of you still hanging on, worried about work in the outside world, I finally got out about 3 months ago and I haven't been this happy in YEARS and to be exact in the last 12 years that I was an MT.  Working as an MT, I don't think I ever felt good enough, because I would be torn apart due to missing a comma or not being able to understand a term well enough to find it.  I was so stressed about money all of the time and even dreaded holiday ...

FINALLY G-O-N-E!
Apr 11, 2014

I HAVE FINALLY LEFT - WHAT A FEELING!  I AM ELATED TO GET OUT OF THIS PRISON. ...

Getting Out Of MT Finally! Sm
Aug 01, 2014

After 25 years I am getting out of this biz for good!!  I finally found other employment. May not be the best pay to start out with and some people would look it as an odd job for someone my age, but that is okay too!  I can't wait to start!!!! ...

Finally!
Sep 16, 2014

I have been (as some of you all have) trying to get out of this transcription "hell" for years!  I finally, finally landed another job!  It it outside of transcription.  Its with Verizon!  Finally!  I know no job is heaven, but at least I'll get a raise every year.....................and not have to wonder in agony what is going to happen today......................what are they going to take away from me today............will I be able to pay my bills, will there b ...

FINALLY!!!! A Job
Oct 10, 2014

I have been watching the boards for so many months. I was laid off almost a year ago and sent "oodles" upon "oodles" of resumes to every company I saw on this board, the other board, the job servers...You name it, I sent it.  I even did Craig's list. Some were kind enough to respond, some did not bother.  But I still plugged away.  My unemployment ran out in July and thank God we have been making do.  I answered an ad on Craig's list for something out of t ...

Finally Got Out
Mar 25, 2015

After being laid off at an in house job when they went to point and click and spending 3 months looking outside MT for a job, I've landed a position as a medical records clerk.   ...

I Did It! I Finally Did It! Saying Goodbye To MT! (sm)
Oct 22, 2009

I was notified today that I have been chosen for a job with the local hospital - not doing transcription.  I finally get to say goodbye to no vacation, no sick pay, working 24/7, no pay increase, no recognition for a job well done, having to worry about my own taxes, and just everything that goes along with it, like the lying and back-stabbing from managers *** and owners ***, and having to deal with QA who says they follow BOS, but then makes things up as they go.  Its an 8 to 5 job ...

They Finally Noticed
Apr 29, 2010

My CCM finally called and left a message saying I hadn't been logging on and she would have to process termination if I didn't get in touch with her. "A phone call would be nice," I think is how she worded it. I didn't call her back.  I just sent her an email and told her to go right ahead and process termination, that I didn't call because I didn't feel that the Q deserved the courtesy of a call when they treat their MTs like trash. So I am officially free.  ...

MQ Has Finally Broken Me...
Sep 01, 2010

I was actually reduced to tears today with the bullying and threats from people of various departments.  Support acts as though we are stupid and below their level and the shipping department basically called me a liar, but in a nice way after their nastiness.  Due to my age, it will be hard finding a job but at this point, I will sweep floors rather than put up with those with big heads because of a meaningless title.  Then again, on second thought.....I am not leaving without a ...

Our ASR Is Finally Smarter Than A PA.
Feb 04, 2011

After months of having to change it, ASR is finally putting in palpation when the dictator says palpitation, as in tender to palpitation.  It's about time. ...

Getting Out Of MT Altogether Finally
Sep 14, 2011

I am finally tired of all the hoops you have to jump through to get a job only to find out your PC is incompatible anyway.  Plus when you are hired and asked if they can overnight the new-hire paperwork since you do not have a printer and they act like I am crazy for asking (after saying they could overnight it).  I am just so tired of it.  I just have to find something else..... ...

Finally Free!!!
Oct 06, 2011

The nasty Q and I have finally parted ways!!!!  Looking forward to better opportunities than this horrible job!!!! ...

Wow. Finally Someone Who Wants To Pay What We Are Worth!!
Feb 03, 2012

. ...

DQS Working Now Finally...
Apr 03, 2012

~ ...

Finally! I Have A Lead On A Non MT Job
Jun 22, 2012

I'm beyond thrilled!  I have a good lead on a non-MT job.  I have been promised multiple things and they have never happened.  No raise in many years.  Someone tell me again, what are the benefits of being an IC when you have to do the work of so many other people PLUS transcribe?  It's ridiculous.  Years ago, when I didn't have to do the work of others plus mine, I made SO much more money.  ...

WooHoo I Am FINALLY Out Of Here!!
Jul 19, 2012

Well it took me 2 months to get a job with the 1 company that I applied for and I am finally out of M*Modal and could not be any :) about it. Good luck to all of you that are staying, I hope that things will get better for you guys, I really do. ...

And So, Today I Finally Did It
Sep 11, 2012

It's a rather sad day, but a long time coming.  After 24 years as an IC with a damn good client, making really good $ and having a respectable job, today I gave notice.  I used to write my own ticket as a small MTSO without any question.  Sadly, the bottom-line paper pushers finally got their way with installing VR and the writing was on the wall.  I gave it a shot, I trained in editing.  I stayed on during the transition, taking a pay cut to less than .3cpl because ...

Finally Got An Interview
Oct 02, 2012

I've been putting in applications for a few months and finally yesterday I got an interview.  It was for a release of information job.  I don't think I did very well.  "Tell me about your strengths."  "Tell me about your weaknesses."  "Tell me about a situation you handled well on your job."  But at least I got an interview. ...

Finally Going To Leave MT
Oct 15, 2012

I am so excited. I applied for a local position in a clinic and was hired! I originally was applying for a receptionist position but they bumped up the pay if I would get my recertification for MA. When I first starting thinking about leaving this profession, I was anxious about having to "be in the real world" again. But after sitting with no work, day after day, my wants in life finally outweighed my anxiousness on leaving MT/my house. I wish everyone here, those who are staying and those wh ...

Finally Just Quit
Nov 28, 2012

Finally just quit with no notice for the first time in my life. Just fed up. Emailed supervisor a week-and-a-half ago, no response, emailed again and asked for confirmation, no response, and emailed HR, no response. Still getting blanket emails. Getting a small check this Friday but noticed vacation not paid out. Anyone else ever experience this? Any suggestions? Can't even quit. ...

Has The Drought Finally Hit SE?
Jan 27, 2013

Usually plenty of work but all last week struggling for jobs.  My TSM is pretty straight up.  If these accounts are truly gone and not coming back, I am pretty sure he won't string us along. ...

I Finally Quit!!
Apr 20, 2013

Yep, finally quit!  Last straw was today!  Good luck everyone! ...