A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Exit Interview / survey - Alias

Posted: Jul 07, 2012

A couple of days ago I received a phone call that I guess was an exit interview/survey. They asked questions on very specific subjects, which led me to believe the company knows where it's failing. The questions were multiple choice (satisfied, dissatisfied, etc.), and asked specifically about CCM communication, benefits/PTO, line count with straight typing vs VR, and if there were any issues considered to be unethical or illegal. For what good it did, I did let them know how dissatisfied I had been with the pay, no incentive bonuses, and lack of CCM communication. About the only thing positive I had was the fact that they were doing something about the insurance package and the fact that PTO had not changed that much. I did let them know I thought it was unethical/illegal that the MTs were made to do work and not be paid for it. Since this is a production-based job and not a paid hourly job, this is not only unethical, but in my opinion, should be considered illegal. So glad to be gone from this mess, but hopefully my words and the words of other leaving will somehow help those who are still hanging in there.

Exit Interview - NoInterviewForMe

[ In Reply To ..]
I left on June 23rd and never got a phone call about an exit interview. They sent me something in the mail last week about insurance and PTO, and that I would be notified in a few weeks about equipment return yada, yada, yada, but no survey. Glad you got to voice your opinion though. I agree with you.

Interview - Alias

[ In Reply To ..]
You may get a call yet, because I left before you did, and am just now getting the call. Tell them what you think when you get it.

interview - mouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope they call me too (they haven't yet), but if they do, much of what I say will be the same, plus that I think a tier 3 should ALWAYS be paid tier 3, tier 2 tier 2, etc, and to do away with the "First Time Right" policy that causes lots of us to be paid tier 1 pay for lots of reports we have no control over. I seriously doubt an RN would like to be paid a CNA's salary just because someone can get away with it with a ridiculous policy. Come on MM, CALL ME.

Cudos to you from us left behind! - mj

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you!!! from the people left working for this so called company!!!

I left years ago and came back - took the interview

[ In Reply To ..]
I took the interview, was very honest and straight forward...I see it did no good at all,,but they did hire me back..Wish I didnt come back but whatever..I do love docquscribe its by far the best I have ever worked...Thats the only positive I have about this place that and I do what I want and nobody bothers me,,I work my schedule, get paid (garbage) and keep on keeping on..Couple more years and Im done..

exit interview - rav

[ In Reply To ..]
I got call on the 5th. Told them the same things you did.

the exit call - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
Never got an exit interview. Wonder if it's because I had gone to part time the last 8 months I was there, so I could work more hours at my other part time job, for more hourly than I was making after 2 pay cuts. Did get a call from the recruiter a couple months back. I did call them back and basically said the same things (politely-never totally burn a bridge) as I would have during an exit interview regarding why I could NOT EVEN CONSIDER coming back. Hope maybe some day it will help others.

Exit - Goner

[ In Reply To ..]
Left 5+ months ago after 8 years. No exit interview, CMM did not ask for my reason for leaving. Took 2 pay cycles to receive PTO at lower rate than what my rate was when I actually earned the PTO (which has always been a bother), and still have equipment boxed in basement waiting for labels/instructions. Agree with burning bridges, however, would consider cleaning mens' room urinals for minimum wages before considering slaving for this company again, BUT never say never.

If they want to know what I think is right or wrong - with the company, they should - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
ask me before I'm gone, not after!

I don't do exit interviews for that reason, and quite a few others as well.

I left 6 weeks ago, got a bunch of calls that my - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
daughter answered and they would not leave a message. I wonder if that is what they wanted. Since I took another job, you would think they might have tried some other hours besides 8-5?

My last day was last Friday. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I start a new job on Monday. I wish they would have an exit interview with me. When I had to give reason for my leaving, I told my CCM about the Boost problem, being spied on, etc. She said she'd file that with my termination papers to the "powers that be" can know what the MTs are up against. For my new job, it's just part time, but I'm so nervous right now, worried that I can't keep the line count they want. But leaving Mmodal was worth the risk.

Good luck to you - you will be fine

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Congratulations -- I think you will so much - happier. I know I am.

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not stressed at all, the people I work with are great, and don't ask me why I keep coming to this board to make sure I made the "right" decision. Go to your new job, knock 'em dead, and you will be fabulous.

Good luck! - soapie12

[ In Reply To ..]
Wish I had the guts to do it, but I have only a few years left until I retire and will stick it out here until they fire me. Don't worry, you worked here and put up with all the junk, that will help you to just wow them at your new job!!

Thanks for mentioning the work we are not paid for. - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
Every time I have to add cc's (more than one) and especially names and addresses of doctors out of state, I think I should be paid for these keystrokes or the time it is taking to do all of this.

Ditto --- one of my pet peeves and a huge - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
reason I left. Worked for a big teaching facility and NONE Of the referring/primary doctors were on the list and had to be added. Hated, hated, hated it and I think it was one of the biggest reasons I couldn't run more lines. It took a minute or two on each report.

Personally, I think we should be paid for - soapie12

[ In Reply To ..]
all ADT type information as we do have to review it to ensure accuracy. Years ago, we got paid for it and I think it was for that reason. Since the reason hasn't changed, the paying us for it shouldn't have either.

Not right - Alias

[ In Reply To ..]
You're welcome. I don't know how they ever came to the conclusion that this wasn't worth paying us to do. Since we are paid by what we do and not hourly, every single time our fingers touch the keyboard we should be paid. They've gotten away with this for way too long, and hopefully before too long (maybe with the class action lawsuit filed against Nuance), things in that regard will change. Can you imagine a hospital telling a doctor he'll be paid for the surgery, but not for making the incision or closing the incision? Doubt that would go over very well.

Similar Messages:

Had My Exit Interview Today
Aug 05, 2013

Had my exit interview today and was BRUTALLY honest.  I would like to think I helped the rest of ya all still in this business, but probably not.  I explained in very frank words that twice working for Medqust/M Modal was two times too many.  On the question of how M Modal can maintain a low turnaround in employees and make working with them better, I went with STOP off-shoring all the work, STOP the NJA, STOP the threats of firing with a failed audit.  Keeping the work in the US will solve ...

Imedx Exit Interview
Mar 28, 2015

For any TT/Imedx-ers that have either resigned or were laid off, did Imedx contact you for an exit interview?  Thank You! ...

Exit Survey, Is It Mandatory, Even Worth Filling Out? They Don't Care. NM.
Dec 21, 2014

xx ...

Exit Interview Phone Call Today
Aug 06, 2012

I left MM a few weeks ago and today got a call. They asked lots of questions about how satisfied or unsatisfied I was with MM and I answered them all as honestly as I could. When they asked if I thought any of their practices were illegal or unethical...I told them that hiring people to work for you and then expecting them to use their PTO or go without pay when there was not enough work was extremely unethical. Especially when you have many MTs with NJA daily and others with mandatory OT someti ...

New Exit Interview "pilot Program"
May 08, 2015

FYI I was asked to participate in a new exit interview pilot program that they will pay exiting employees.  I was very very very honest.  I am certain they will not hear a thing I said, but at least I know I did my part to speak up for those who are still there and suffering.   ...

Exit Rider?
Dec 06, 2009

This man has epididymitis.  It sounds like the doctor says s/l "exit rider is applied or supplied"?     Does that ring a bell?    TIA :) ...

Exit Strategy
Nov 26, 2013

I've pursued this line of work more out of obligation rather than choice. I know where the wind is blowing, so I'm going back to school for my Associate of Applied Science. But I'll have to juggle work and school for 2 years. I currently work an "Indian QA" company. I had a rocky start, such that I had considered quitting and I take my chances with another company. I wisely stuck with them (after advice from this very board), and it's a good thing I did, because the seemin ...

Do They Actually Do Exit Interviews?
Apr 07, 2015

I was reading in the employee handbook where it says that like to do exit interviews when an employee voluntarily terminates employment. Do they actually do that? ...

Exit Foraminal Or Extraforaminal?
Oct 01, 2010

MRI of the lumbar spine.  Sounds like "exit foraminal" or "extraforaminal" effacement.  I can't tell which he is saying.  ...

Why Bother With Exit Interviews
Dec 06, 2013

when all they have to do is read this board to find out why MTs are leaving?  Not that I expect any logical actions from them but since they are paying an outside company to do the interviews, this is an added expense.   ...

Medquist's "exit And Disposal" Plan
May 30, 2010

I found this on Medquist's latest quarterly financial report. It's pretty self-explanatory, although I think it is probably for the suits, as we MT/MEs don't get any severance pay. But it gets me that they can nonchalantly say that the employees who are about to be "disposed" of aren't even aware of it.     http://www.dailyfinance.com/headlines/medquist-inc/medq/nas?tab=0   2009 Restructuring Plan      During the third and fourth ...

Hyphen Central Canal And Exit Canal Stenosis?
Apr 12, 2014

Hello, Everyone. Do you think that a hyphen should be used in central-canal stenosis and exit-canal stenosis?   TIA!   ...

OOW Survey
Feb 02, 2011

I am interested in learning how many currently practicing MTs struggle to get their lines in due to their being "no work available."  Do you find yourself out of work and having to try to make up lines outside your usual schedule? Only occasionally? Often? Every day? Seldom? Never happens?   Thanks everyone!Mary     Optional data: ...

Survey Says . . . .
Apr 03, 2011

to spell the abbreviation of subcutaneous?   is is subcu or subcut?  i have this argument every time with QA.  could i get someone to help me please?  thanks much in advance!!!!   ...

Oh Man... New Survey
Dec 05, 2011

If people were sincerely honest, it wouldnt change anything! ...

The Survey
Dec 06, 2011

Just read through the survey without answering the questions.  Waste of time!  No matter how many of us answer it and regardless of what we say, after it is all over they will tell us that MQ employees love the company.  This is just a way to try to placate us and make us think that our opinions count.  You can all take turns flogging me if I'm wrong. ...

My Take On The SURVEY.....
Dec 06, 2011

I am an MT who has been around for 14 years with this company and I have my gripes like all the rest of you.  I took the survey and stuck it to them when it mattered.  For example, when they ask if compensation encourages people to do their best, the obvious answer is "strongly disagree" right?  When they ask if compensation is clearly tied to performance....again "strongly disagree."  Whether our answers matter or not, it's our opportunity to vent our frustrations with ...

To Those Who Did Not Do The Survey
Dec 16, 2011

I had so much fun using words like despicable and abomination that I just couldn't help myself and filled it out 3 times.  I expect when all is said and done they will tell us that the vast majority of responses were positive and almost everyone loves the company but at least I had a few minutes of sheer enjoyment.  ...

Mq Survey
Dec 27, 2011

Wonder when we'll see the results of the survey!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Ya, right!  As if they would be truthful about it anyway! ...

And The SURVEY SAYS!
Sep 11, 2012

That the enhanced compensation is in place, we have been BOOSTED and we are one big happy globally rebranded party! Whoo-hoo! ...

And The Survey Says . . .
May 06, 2013

Like the opinion of a lowly MT/ME even matters. They are going to do what they want regardless of our "opinions." ...

Age Survey
Apr 01, 2014

But really,what hasn't?  Seeing lots of posts from 60+ and wonder what is the average age of MTs.  I will go first - age 61.   ...

Survey Of New Pay
Feb 02, 2015

Before the new pay rule game, I made 7.5 cents (3.75 cents for editing). Then when this new pay game started, I made less at 7 cents. However, I find lately I've been actually making noticeably more money with this pay game. You just got to keep quality and pending to QC under control. In fact, I think I now make a few hundred dollars more per month, if I keep it up, keeping quality up and QC pending down. I know some of you were actually paid 8 cents (4 cents for editing), so there is ...

Did Anyone Take The Survey?
May 15, 2015

Just curious. I'm about to unload on it, but wondered if anyone else did?? ...

Survey
Jun 06, 2015

For those who are comfortable sharing this info, what is the pay rate for VR (as opposed to straight typing) and what is the average amount of lines one can cover in an hour at MModal?  Thanks for your help. ...

Survey - How Many MTs Really Need Their Jobs
Jan 21, 2010

Question:  How many MTs really need their jobs and how many just do it for a little bit of extra pocket $$$ (have someone else  in the family who  is the main breadwinner)?  ...

MQ Central Survey And CMT
Mar 29, 2010

I wonder if we're all going to be forced to become CMTs?  That would be a great way to get rid of a lot of us. ...

New Survey- They Can Stick It
Jul 13, 2010

Every time MQ sends out a survey they use it to justify a pay cut or cesspool or other "great" ideas.  They twist the results of the survey to fit their agenda and then say- see the MTs agree that ASR is better or they are sick of running out of work.  JMHO but I am not filling it out so they can use my answers to make my job worse than it already is. ...

Waah Nobody Wants To Take The Survey
Jul 13, 2010

Less than 10% of us have taken the long, boring, unpaid survey about your latest software tweak.  Maybe its because we're sick of giving you unpaid freebies!  Enterprise sucks.  Until you get better programmers it will always suck.  Any time we report a problem the IT desk diligently finds ways to try to blame the MT's internet provider, or any other way to pass the buck they can scrounge.  There is no point in giving feedback when nobody fixes the obvious.&nbs ...

Pay Date Survey
Jan 13, 2011

any MT's that have worked outside of MT industry ever been with a company that posts pay 5 WoRKInG days after the pay period ends - say HOLLA! MY company treats me sooo well!   --- and then do tell us all what cocktail of medications you are on.  Cheers.  ...