A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ever see an Epic or other EMR point and click report? - here ya go!

Posted: Feb 25, 2012

This 23-year-old FEMALE/MALE presents to the EMERGENCY ROOM complaining of FATIGUE, HEADACHE, NAUSEA, and feeling dizzy.  The FEMALE/MALE woke up this morning.  Her/His  BOY/GIRL FRIEND accompanies the PATIENT to the hospital today on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2012. 

Medications:  Advil, Zoloft, OTC,UNASOM (supposed to be Unasyn but ASR never gets it right) 

etc, etc. etc...I am not kidding..different fonts, sizes, lousy syntax. No flow of report and the ASR still gets the medications wrong and the point&clicker does not notice.

Nobody cares. - Quality

[ In Reply To ..]
NOBODY, and I do mean NOBODY, cares about the quality of the reports, INCLUDING the docs!

I just completed a workshop offered by the state and interacted with 50+ folks who are unemployed. ALL of them I talked with -- from many DIFFERENT fields -- have noticed a definite DECLINE in corporate culture, especially in the last 10 years or so. They have noticed a general lack of caring about the quality of the product as well as abusive attitude toward employees. So this is NOT just in MT but across the board.

When you truly accept that they don't care, a kind of peace - washes over you...finally

[ In Reply To ..]
Nobody cares. They only want as speedy turnaround as possible for as little money as possible. You think they give a d*** about everything lining up nicely and matching? Or the drugs actually being correct?

Similar Messages:

Point And Click EMR
Sep 20, 2012

Does anybody know what point and click EMR is? I have no idea. I applied for a job and got a response back but said they pay by the audio minute, not by lines or characters, and also that it there is a lot of point and click EMR. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

How Is Any Point-and-click System Going To Deal With
May 06, 2012

Oh, transcriptionst, back up there where I said ... please change it to ...  Now come down to the bottom and continue, no wait, add this ... to the physical.  And add this ... after the H&P.  Now, back down to the bottom and continuing on ...   ...

Saw My First Point-and-click EMR Finished Product.
Jan 06, 2013

I had to request a medical report for myself and oh dear lord what a mess that point-and-click stuff is. They check all items in a ROS and the thing throws it all together in giant run-on sentences, separating everything by a comma, and leaving weird spaces everywhere. There's no consistency anywhere in how it makes things look, i.e. in a numbered list that has 1., 2., etc., putting one space after the period after the number and the next one putting 2 spaces, then back to 1 space, then may ...

Oranges And Apples --- EHR And Point-n-click And Scribes
Nov 10, 2011

I think these ideas are getting used interchangeably when they are very different applications.  EHR is still transcribed documents, just not paper charts.  Facilities have already been on this for a good while now and the transcriptionist will basically see no difference as we don't usually handle a chart anyways in-house or virtually.  However, it is the point-n-click programs that are phasing out the transcribed document.  ...

Does Anyone Who Works On Epic Find That Once A Facility Goes To Epic You Have Some Work Left To
Sep 05, 2012

continue to do.  ...

Regarding Epic System. How Will The EMRs Do Regarding OR Reports. Will That Go To Epic Or Will The
Dec 20, 2011

speech or straight transcription.  Just wondering about that and DS, Consults, etc. ...

As Far As Epic Goes, What Will Happen To OR Reports On Epic. Will
Aug 02, 2012

that also do away with MTs doing OR reports which is about all I really do. ...

Do Some Of The Hospitals That Use DQS Also Use Epic Or Will Epic Replace
Aug 08, 2012

DQS completely and the hospital will drop MQ.  Just curious about that.  It seems Epic is the way to go and was not sure if that can be interspersed with DQS or eliminate MQ altogether with DQS.  ...

S/l Click
Feb 24, 2010

s/l use 2 "clicks" of progesterone cream ...

Looking For One Of Those Clickety-click Keyboards (sm)
Jun 09, 2010

I really like the old style keyboards with the metal contacts and springs, rather than the soft touch keyboards with silicon contacts and rubber (but with a USB plug). I've looked at Office Depot, Staples and Best Buy - no one has them.  Anybody else like those? and do you have any suggestions on where they can be found?   ...

Right-click On Red Underlined Word
Sep 12, 2010

Why is our new dictationary so useless?  It shows us a mis-spelled word, so I went ahead and right-clicked on it, and it gave me no options.  I mis-spelled finesteride and the correct spelling should have been finasteride.  One letter difference and our brilliant Qictionary can't find the correct option???  Had to go to Google to find it, but means extra keystrokes.  Why bother to highlight a mis-spelled word? ...

Double Click Does 2 Different Functions At Once!
Nov 30, 2012

In ASR, it will highlight the word you double click and also it will put the audio back to that point. In straight transcription, it will highlight the word and take the audio all the way back to the beginning. And they won't fix it! - because I am never to take my hands off the keyboard???!! I find mousing quicker to follow ASR. I've tried cursor tracking, but it rarely ends up exactly where I want and I either end up having to use the keyboard or mouse (depending upon ...

S/L Quotch's Click Test? Orthopedic...
Oct 08, 2011

Doing orthopedics, wrist exam, s/l "Quotch's click test." Searched my books and googled for soundalikes with click and with quick test.  TIA - Deb ...

Completely Different Web Pages Popping Up When I Click
Jan 09, 2015

I don't mean ads.  I mean MTStars disappears, and I'm seeing a page from a completely different website.  It does not happen every time I go to read a post, only once in a while.  Has this happened to anyone else?   ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

WORD 2010 - Right Click On A Word For Search
Jul 09, 2014

This may be one of those, "well, everybody knows that," or not? In my system: When in Word 2010 if you right click on a word a drop down pops up and you can click on "look up" and it goes to the internet and looks up these words and gives info in a box on the right.  Very helpful. ...

What Is The Point Of Asking You What
Feb 04, 2010

specialty you really don't like if that is all they are going to give you? Now, before anyone flames away, I was hired by the Q several months ago as a tier 3.  I pull my weight, work my shift, and don't have too much to complain about except for NJA from time to time. When I was hired, they asked me specifically what specialties I like the most and what I like the least.  I was told that if there was a specialty that I really disliked or didn't have as much experience ...

What's The Point
Feb 21, 2010

of us looking at DocQManage to see what the backlog is?  Several times I have looked and still I don't get the work.  One day last week, almost 200 jobs on my primary account (not sure if it still is) and then an hour later, nothing! Of asking us to switch our hours?  I don't see how that is going to help if there is no work at many different times during the day. Of a CP saying we need to contact CTL to get a list of abbreviations allowed for a cetain account?  W ...

It Is To The Point Now What To Ask For Would Be
Nov 22, 2011

a list of companies that has NOT sold to MQ.  Anyone know of such a list? ...

At What Point Do You Use F11?
Dec 20, 2014

I haven't been gigged yet for it, but when ASR is totally off the wall and I fix a ton of mistakes, I save the report when I am done and use F11..ASR, has been ok? in the past. Recently it is off the wall wrong, what is going on? Why can't they train this thing, how many years has it been now, at least 15 right? If the client only knew ...

Is This Really 1 Point??
Jan 06, 2015

You put "the patient tolerated the procedure really well" and it was corrected to "the patient tolerated the procedure VERY well"... is this really 1 point taken off?! It dosen't change the meaning. Should I reverse? ...

I Don't Really See What The Point Of The
Jan 09, 2015

Fluency "upgrade" is.  They spent how much money paying the techs to work on it & then paying all of us to train so that the spellcheck can now be inconveniently located on the left rather than floating and it now takes twice as long to upload a report because we basically have to go through 2 upload cycles...?  Yet we still don't have the fuzzy physician search fixed or the question marks by the physician names in the ADT, or control-arrow moving to the end of the word instea ...

Can Someone Point Me In The Right Direction?
Jun 25, 2010

Where can I find the law that states the employer is supposed to compensate for things directly impacting the duties of the job for piecemeal workers.  I'm searching, but can't find it. thanks ...

Point Of Care?
Aug 25, 2010

A doc is giving lab values - before each one ASR has typed out "Point of care" - anyone know what this is about - would make sense if I just left those words out. Thanks ...

Well I Have Proven My Point
May 15, 2011

I worked 4.5 hours yesterday and did over 1400 lines!  Typed 95 reports.  If I apply myself I can make good money.  I just need to stop doing other things when I should be working....I should be doing between 1500 and 2000 lines a day the way I look at it.  Far above the 1200 a day minimum.  Hmmm, well guess I better get to work (LOL)....Lord help me!  ...

Where The Finger Should Point
Jul 20, 2011

So much ire and angst pointed at MTSOs.  I even read where the TAT is a marketing ploy :)   It helps to remember that we're all in the same boat and for the same reasons, to support ourselves. What so many of you don't seem to get is that the INSURANCE industry is dictating much of the TAT.  If reports aren't on a chart in xxx time then the facility/physician is dinged financially. If an MTSO doesn't meet TAT, they are dinged financially.  So they a ...

What's The Point Of The Repository When There's Never Anything In It...
May 30, 2012

x ...

Bull Point
Sep 12, 2012

How do you insert a bull point?  Thanks! ...

What Is The Point Of Responding To Any Of These Ads?
Jan 25, 2013

With 30 years of experience over many platforms (16 of which are from home), what is the point of applying to any of these companies? They are few and far between.  They certainly do not want to pay anyone what they are worth (since they can just outsource on the cheap)... Most of the time you don't get a response from any of them anyway, not here and not on MTDaily either. ...

0.5 Point Taken Off For Blanks SM
Apr 11, 2013

I just looked at my review for March and I see all these 0.5 deductions for "blank filled in by reviewer."  There are also Valid Blanks that take off no points.   Sorry if this has been asked but did they say they were going to do this?  And if so, when?  Also, I listened to these blanks.  There is no way they can tell me 100% what was said in any of them, which is why I blanked them.  So they are guessing.  Two reports I have gone through so far are for real ...