A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dear Mmodal learn how to manage people - sm

Posted: Apr 20, 2014

You don't need to notify me of EVERY freaking comma I missed or if I left off a letter in a word. Seriously you are not MOTIVATING me to do better, you are pissing me off. I missed it, honestly, that is it, I AM NOT a moron. Why don't you try playing with this ASR crap all day long and see how well you do..The human mind is not wired to work with this program. The fact that, that is all I missed, you ought to be pretty darned happy. Gawd I HATE this place.

Totally interesting, unexpected and unintended result of 99.7%. - MM failing

[ In Reply To ..]
Since the institution of 99.7%,when I look up jobs to help me with a dictator or patient, I am now seeing a boat load of errors, and I am not talking about the niddly little errors. The number of errors that count has exploded!

I am not QA. I just find this astounding. I get very angry when I get flunked for niddling errors. Very rarely do I get anything but those stupid, inconsequential 0.25 point errors.

Playing a lot of dictations at less than normal speed to pick up inconsequential a's versus the's has hit my line count big time.

99,7 audits - fluffy

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been through who knows how many audits, I believe they want everyone typing around 200 to 220 lines, no more, or you will get audited. You will be singled out if you do more. You will be singled out for not sending to QA so they can keep their jobs.

I don't think QA is what you think it is here at MModal - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Those who do the audits are not the same people you send the report to for blanks. There is actually no QA title in MModal.

MME (now SHDA) - This person used to be QA, but years ago, they switched pay from hourly to per line and changed the title. SHDAs not only QA reports when they come, but also do tier 3 work. If there is nothing to QA, they edit/transcribe in their BOB. Not sending work to them in no way puts them closer to losing their job. In fact, if MModal ever converts to a skeleton crew, it will be all SHDAs as they do everything. Even if they only did QA, there's enough work from overseas to keep their jobs. None of your work that they QA is scored and is only considered feedback for learning purposes to help you pass audits when you do have them.

QC - This position oversees the quality of MTs (now HDS) and SHDAs. A QAC does random audits and is the go-to person for questions concerning quality, guidelines, complaints about corrections, etc. Her random audits are scored. From I've heard, they now do them every day. A good QAC will send you updates on style, CP changes, formatting, etc.

Auditing team - This is the new team that they set up awhile ago. They exclusively do auditing and you don't know who they are. Some are in the US (my ex-QAC became one) and some are in India (QAC emailed us a list of errors reported by the auditing team on a certain account. This had the auditing team member's name and location on it. India).
That makes me sick... - ...India QA-ing our reports
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

The problem with the be glad that is all I missed mindset is you are hired with the - idea you will produce 100% jobs. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I am assuming you failed an audit, I doubt they would mention it if you were passing all your audits. But that is besides the point, they want 100% job and I am sure you would rather do a 100% job. So I miss the point of be glad that is all I missed, when everybody wants a 100% report.

No actually I passed my audits - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
And like the poster above stated..I go in and look at previous repoorts and the things I see are amazing..IF I ever make a critical error, then by all means let me know, I am grateful for that..nit picky BS you can keep to yourself..Did motivate me to re-do my resume though

100% jobs - glad

[ In Reply To ..]
I pass my all audits with 99.7 or 99.8%, that is why I am still here at MM. However, I would give the doctors 100% on all my jobs edited, not just some, if they could only dictate with 100% clarity and accuracy.

100% - MMbreakdown

[ In Reply To ..]
for many years, my accuracy has been between 99 to 100%. Here lately, I have been dinged for the most inconsequential things: commas, semi colons, etc. I used to take pride in my work but this company and it's evil twin have taken that away with their micromanagement. If they want 100%,then the dictators need to be 100%. In case you hadn't noticed, many docs don't speak English. They eat while they dictate, talk to another person, answer phones, etc. ad nauseum. OF course for perfect people like you, you understand every accent, every sentence, every word and of course, your punctuation is always spot on. Obviously, you don't have the horrible docs most of us have and therefore,100% is easier for you to obtain. Personally, I don't really give a crap anymore. Until they start telling these docs to dictate with etiquette, then too bad so sad. I will do my best but if they want 100%, pay me for it, not India's wages but American wages and not 3 piddly cents a line.

Say you went to dr. for minor surgery and by mistake he took off - a finger. Would you accept his SM

[ In Reply To ..]
excuse of just be glad I didn't remove your whole arm?

O.M.G. - It was a COMMA, people

[ In Reply To ..]
She said she missed a comma. Holy smokes, some of you crack me up with your analogies.

Same thing, just a matter of degree. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
No its not the same thing by any means - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Stupid analogy...missing a letter or a comma in now way changes the meaning of the report. Critical errors, which I see ALL THE TIME in old reports, yes. Wrong equipment names and wrong drug names, yes tell me; even though I am the one usually alerting the management to the equipment errors I see on a regular basis..Well, I used to, not anymore, no time have to spend my day making sure I didnt miss a comma.
Sure it is, making excuses for mistakes. Simple as that. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
If you say so..Glad you are 100% perfect all the time - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Me, I can admit I am not perfect. I do the best I can with the tools that they have given me. And the tools suck!
Never said I was perfect. I just dont make excuses for my - mistakes. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Neither do I nor do I need stupid thrown - in my face.
[ In Reply To ..]
It is a matter of how to motivate people and they are doing it incorrectly. That was the meaning of the entire post.
And if you happen to be the one in charge of - feedback or whatever
[ In Reply To ..]
I suggest you take the advice because YOU are the only one making excuses.
Is it too early for a cocktail? Tension seems to be overflowing. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Lately, its never too early - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
The Smug Police are - out in force lately...(nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Never - Mistakes
[ In Reply To ..]
No excuses here for my mistakes. Only the facts. It is a fact that doctors do not dictate with 100% clarity or accuracy. What is the doctor's excuse for that?

Check the BOS because some commas are preference and should not be counted as error - just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
And you all know who is doing the audits, don't you? India. So their preference for a comma may not be the same as yours, but in their mind it is an error and they will darn well mark it off. It just seems to me like India is trying to stir up some trouble here, especially for something that does not compromise patient care but makes them feel superior.

As far as I know....I've never - removed a finger!

[ In Reply To ..]
Missing commas and the occasional "the" has never caused ANYONE bodily harm.

And, now that I think about it, I'd certainly rather have the missing finger than the missing arm. Maybe I could get disability and retire from the MMorons...Small price to pay!

my aren't we self righteous? - it was a comma

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not the OP. You, however, are a conceited...person. A comma or the lack of never killed anyone. Back in the day we typed what the doctor said, spelled the words correctly, got the point across and went home. In the last few years it has come down to ridiculous niggling and nitpicking, as if we were trying to create literary masterpieces here.

Transcription - REX

[ In Reply To ..]
I am the owner of a transcription business that has merged to create a large national service. I am doing everything in my power to keep all transcription/editing in the US. Are we able to compete financially in terms of cpl for American MTs? What has your experience been with MModal?

M*Modal pay - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I left M*Modal earlier this year, but was paid 9 cpl for straight transcription and 5 cpl for editing.

what company, Ill switch over any day - MModal rots

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Actually, the pay at MM is not the problem, it is mismanagement - Please see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I am making 9 cpl for typing and 5 cpl for VR. I personally think that is pretty good pay, but this is not the problem. The problem is the over-hiring, having too many MTs on all accounts. When you sit there with NJA (no jobs available), 9 cpl for nothing is nothing.

I have been inadequately trained on accounts, but it did not matter because there was no work on them anyway.

The constant insulting, threatening, and otherwise useless e-mails all day long are distracting. What do these TSMs do anyway? No wonder they are filing for bankruptcy. If they want us to be productive, setting a ridiculous accuracy rate of 99.7%, then leave us alone and let us work. And stop providing us with these little useless projects to complete which are nothing more than a 5th grade grammar session. We could make more doing transcription or editing.

MTs should be supplied with PLENTY of work on maybe 2-3 accounts. THIS makes the current pay worth it. We could be VERY familiar with the endless pages of specifications. We would know the doctors and the physicians in the facilities they deal with, in other words local terminology. We could become familiar enough with each dictator to make us productive enough for the pay to be worth it.

This moving from account to account to account, looking up specifications, facilities, and doctors is a waste of what could be productive time. There should be an MT on all accounts at all times for stats, etc., as their primary account, so it is not necessary to ask another MT to switch accounts repeatedly. And BTW, if those cc's are so important (HIPAA violations), then why are we not paid for them? There is much work done by the MTs that are not paid for already. Do not add more.

The pay would even be worth it if we did not have to clock in, clock out, clock in, clock out because of mismanagement and NJA. The pay becomes so not worth it when you spend 12-14 hours a day at the computer just trying to get in 8 hours of clocked-in work.

The account specs need to be updated regularly. The templates need to be corrected. I have requested this so many times, I gave up.

Consistent work, and familiarity of accounts is what makes us productive. There was a time (not at MM) when this pay would earn me far in excess of $40,000. With MM, it equates to less than $30,000 a year.

AMEN!!! boy did you nail that one. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It depends on several things - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Is there plenty of work available? What are your account specifications like? Do you only hire for 2nd/3rd shift. Do you require everyone to work a weekend day? Do you pay for spaces, headers, footers, copies? Do you spread the MTs so thin it is impossible to make any money?

To be honest with you, I made more money at 7.5 cpl at another company than I do with 9 cpl at M-Modal. There are just so many reasons for that.

Questions........... - alphamt

[ In Reply To ..]
Now we are doing the worst of the dictators and having 20-30 or more accounts each with different style requirements and special requests. These rotate, so one never quite gets comfortable enough to do these accounts or dictators confidently. We are always second-guessing, and worrying about some interpretation that might become a BIG audit issue. I would say at this point, one could compete in the national market by staying small. I can at this rate transcribe the same or faster compared to editing these accounts, so the production I believe is similar to MT in the past, just the pay has decreased and the finger keystrokes, though not the actual production time. But is yours a real post or not!

On my way out....so not perfect and losing confidence - alphamt

[ In Reply To ..]
It's another audit, only this time the hospitals' and the HSDA audits. Both missing - by 0.6 and 0.1. Some of these jobs are LOOOONG, yet the hits are the same. I know, this is the way it's done, but it is not a real percentage when errors are docked the same. Soon I will be gone, going through the process to the very end, but job shopping now. Anything will pay me more than this, even in my rural location, so staying just to be able to care for my family member will no longer fly. I cannot spend an extra 1 hour or more a day re-reading my reports. They do have inaccuracies, mostly of numbers, which ding high, and I swear I hear different vitals and dates than ASR does, and change them. I dislike the huge deductions for 1 mistake that is not affecting patient quality, but making someone at the hospital or in between work to correct or add a date, or a CC. From now on I will BLANK everything questionable. No more using my deductive reasoning skills to make MT calls which before were a developed talent, and now a liability. Thanks for listening....

Similar Messages:

What A Lot Of People Here Need To Learn
Nov 22, 2013

Rather fitting.. ...

MModal Is SO Poorly Run. They NEVER Learn.
Mar 22, 2014

Once in a while I come back here and read the posts and am reminded of how much I despise this corrupt, ruthless, cutthroat company. They have NO IDEA how to manage money or to treat their employees. The higher-ups still get paid top dollar while everyone else keeps getting pay cuts. They thought they could pay us as little as possible and expect near perfect work but karma is a bi...... as they say. I can't believe what is going on and I feel so bad for all the wonderful MT/MEs, especially ...

MModal Platform Designed To Slow People Down
Mar 31, 2014

I am an employee of a hospital that uses the MModal platform.  It could be just me, but this new platform seems have been designed to slow people down, rather than make it easier.  Does anyone else agree?  From having to backspace more to the platform not allowing an extra space after headings and needing to go back and add one.  I have also noticed that when I am averaging around 200 lines an hour everything seems to slow down.....I type a partial sentence and have to wait about 15 seconds ...

DQ Manage
May 26, 2012

Is anyone having trouble with DQ Manage?  It is so slow bringing anything up and it then tells me I do not have access and kicks me out and I have to sign on again. ...

Need To Learn New Accounts Or Learn DEP
May 26, 2011

Just got an e-mail today that we have to learn new accounts with new account specifics, in addition to working on our present account. They are sending our present account to India, but still keeping some of it. I don't know which would be easier - volunteering for a new account or learning DEP. I was told that if we start to type on DEP, they will have to send us a new computer with new programs, because we can't have Cornerstone and DEP on the same computer (probably).  I did a ...

I Need Software That Will Allow Me To Manage Wav Files. Sm
Nov 03, 2009

I am looking to purchase a software program and licenses where I can manage my transcription.  I do not want anything that is going to cost me so much per line or so much per MB.  Can anyone recommend something reasonable.  ...

DQscribe/manage/MQcentral
May 12, 2010

I can't log in to DQscribe or Manage or MQ Central.  I can get in to TeamWork though.  ...

How In The World Do You Guys Manage Here?
May 09, 2014

Specs for each account that seem completely random, pulled out of someone's  ****, and it's always some small problem constantly.   I spend more time checking specs than I do typing.  I'll never get off QA at this rate.  I would probably like the account if I could get past all this picky this, that and the other.  Date of service or appointment is wrong,  then you don't get a template pulled in and have to type it all by hand???   ...

Seriously, How Did I Ever Manage 25 Years In This Business If I Can't Pass An English Grammar/m
Aug 03, 2010

I think some of these companies are pushing their luck.  They either like you or they don't.  Some of these tests are too easy.  Some of them led me to believe I was applying for an internship after medical school.  I admit I had to look up some of the answers because I didn't train to become a pediatric medical transcriptionist.  Since when do we have MT specialty certficates?  I have transcribed just about everything they can do to you in a uni ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Where Does One Learn
Apr 24, 2013

to be a legal transcriptionist?  Seeing more and more ads for this.  ...

Another Example Of SR Cannot Learn.In PE,Dr ALWAYS
May 03, 2013

VP always sticks "lower" onto the abdomen exam. Have to delete it from abdomen and add it to the PE subheading "Lower Extremities."  There is no other way to edit it, everybody has to edit it this way.  But SR keeps getting it wrong.  We all need to have a couple of these examples ready for when Phil the IT guy says it is US editing wrong that causes the program not to learn.  Or if you abbreviation says it is everyone with different editing styles causing the VR fiasco. ...

How Do I Learn Radiology?
Aug 22, 2010

What's the best way to learn Radiology? I have no experience in this specialty. Should I just wait until I get a new job and am in it for a while, then ask to be trained on a Radiology account? ...

How Best To Learn Pediatrics?
Nov 16, 2010

I've been an MT for decades, but am soon going to be involved in a project involving a large pediatric/children's hospital account, and I need to learn pediatrics.I am told that the main differences between peds and everything else have to do with normal lab values and medication dosages.Can you pediatrics experts refer me to any good reference websites and/or reference books that I could study to bring myself up to speed? Thanks! ...

Best Place To Learn
May 03, 2012

Hi All:  Been a CMT for a very, very long time and ready to get out of the business after losing thousands upon thousands these last few years.  Can anyone recommended a great on-line, at-home place to learn coding and become certified.  Can one be hired straight from a school these days?   Thanks :) ...

So Want To Just Transcribe Really??? Learn To
Sep 02, 2012

Not a good day thats for sure ...

How Do They Learn To Write That Way?
Sep 19, 2012

that say nothing?  I need to learn how to do that.  Can anyone explain why we have 2 different speech engines (that's what I gather from the email anyway, but I'm only a college graduate).  Two engines are better than one? ...

You Can Learn A Lot Looking At Job Audit
Nov 17, 2012

Hmmm this job has been "discarded" a few times.  Couple of jobs have been "discarded" by the same person.  "Discarded" happens when you log out.  Can also see what has been "abandoned", funny, the same names keep showing up.  Truth be told, these dictators they are dumping are not all that bad.  All that logging in and out and abandoning must make for a long day.  Sometimes the easiest answer is to just do the job. ...

Where Do They Learn To Spell?
Apr 29, 2013

The doc just spelled two drugs:   1. FLORASE 2. SPLRIVA   Flonase and Spiriva   What the????? ...

Wow Ms. PA Learn To Spell
Dec 31, 2013

Can't spell what is wrong correctly, continually spells it wrong at every turn, and pronounce the rest? Lots of blanks, I'm not leaving a misspelled word in there don't care how many times you spell it wrong. And who am I to correct them? ...

Learn To Uh Uh Speak Uh Would You Uh Uh
Sep 04, 2014

uh it's uh hard to type uh uh when uh you uh speak with uh uh all the pauses uh uh JERK. ...

How Long Does It Take A VR Program To Learn?
Dec 08, 2009

It's almost 2 months now on Escript and I'm still straight transcribing more than VR. I can see a lot of ready for editing reports but I hardly get any, and not getting my lines either. Some days, I only get 2 short VR reports. I'm in a really foul mood lately because of it. I'm still averaging a combination of 800 lines a day, rarely more, usually less, and I refuse to work over my shift until I get the necessary daily lines. It's bad enough I wind up working ...

Ortho - Easy To Learn?
Mar 17, 2010

Hello!  I have been contacted to do some ortho backup which I have never done.  Just wondering how difficult this is to learn.  They tell me all docs are pretty good dictators.  TIA. ...

How Hard Is It To Learn ER Notes?
Jul 08, 2012

I have 6 years' experience doing acute care, rehab and clinic notes, how hard to you think it would be for me to pick up ER? ...

I Need/want To Learn Instant Text
Jan 29, 2013

I have never used anything but QuickCorrect and now AutoCorrect as an expander along with AutoText for larger saves. I'm thinking I need/want to learn Instant Text now. Is it hard to learn? Will I love it once I learn it? Does it significantly increase production? I guess I'm just looking for pros and cons, if there are any cons. Thanks in advance!  ...

How Hard Is Emdat To Learn?
Mar 28, 2014

Would also like to know if it is conducive to production? Thank you. ...

E-nun-ciate.. Learn The Definition Doc
May 04, 2014

and she's is dictating all old reports one after another after another..God I need a new job. I HATE this... ...

Meditech Is A Horror To Learn
Jul 24, 2014

Are there any MTs on the board that are currently using, have used Meditech? Years ago I was told Meditech is a horror to learn and use, very slow and cumbersome jumping screen to screen before actually typing anything.  Does this still hold true? Has it been improved? Any comments would be appreciated.  TIA. ...

I Want To Learn Pathology And Radiology Transcription
Jul 23, 2010

Hi, I been working full time in acute care as an IC now for 7 years and I have been noticing the only jobs for transcriptionists left in hospitals or labs is pathology, sometimes but rarely radiology.  How can I go about learning pathology.  I been in acute care my whole career, it can't be that hard to learn after typing acute care non stop for this long.  Any ideas? ...

FTP (file Transfer Protocol) - Where To Learn It?
Aug 12, 2010

I have seen several job offers that say you must know FTP. I am not familiar with this. Where can I go to learn this program?  Please be nice....I hate the negative comments on this board. ...