A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MModal platform designed to slow people down - anon

Posted: Mar 31, 2014

I am an employee of a hospital that uses the MModal platform.  It could be just me, but this new platform seems have been designed to slow people down, rather than make it easier.  Does anyone else agree?  From having to backspace more to the platform not allowing an extra space after headings and needing to go back and add one.  I have also noticed that when I am averaging around 200 lines an hour everything seems to slow down.....I type a partial sentence and have to wait about 15 seconds for the sentence to show up.  I am usually pretty good with change, but this is one change I am not so good with.  

which platform? - I use Fluency and mine does that sometimes

[ In Reply To ..]
I reboot the computer and it works fine (regarding the delay)

Not enough computer resources, power - version 7 needs more RAM

[ In Reply To ..]
The newer versions need more RAM and eats up more power and resources.

If you are in a facility and connected to a server, it could be the server, your work station computer or both.

Other possibilities are you need to clean out your temp files or your virus program is eating up resources.

Fluency - slowing down

[ In Reply To ..]
I have found that frequently clearing the cache (I use CC Cleaner), solves that problem. However, I have an intermitent problem with my keyboard freezing up and doing weird things. Sometimes it will just start working again but other times, I have to abandon and logback in. Has anyone else had this problem?

I use CCleaner too and find it helps. - 7x

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes running the registry scan and repair really helps.

Here is what I have - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I work from home and use both my laptop and a computer (XP) supplied by my hospital. We use the Fluency 7.2 platform. My laptop I use has 4 GB of RAM and my work computer has 504 MB of RAM. I will try clearing the cache files and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestions.
Your work computer doesn't have enough RAM. - 7x
[ In Reply To ..]
When they brought out 7, I think they advised 2G of RAM. When I had 524 MB RAM, it was too slow.

Try turning off auto spellcheck - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
This happened to me and a tech said to try turning off the auto spellcheck. I haven't had it slow down since. I'm not sure how it was related, but whenever I have the autocheck on, after awhile, when I check the taskmanager, Fluency is using 100% of my processor speed. This is only when the autocheck is on. RAM isn't an issue, I have 8 Gb, which I believe is 4 times the recommended.

Okay, one (or two) more things... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
First, thanks for the info.. Here is the thing, my work computer without enough RAM will work fine until nearing that 200 lines/hour mark or the last couple hours of my shift; also, the very same thing happened on my laptop also. I will try turning off the autocorrect today though.

I guess no one else has the problem with having to back space or add another line between headings? I am pretty sure I am not explaining it adequately but if you are having to do it, you will know what I am talking about as it is super frustrating!

not sure what you mean about backspace - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
As for the extra space after a heading, I at least, in 8 years, I have never had any hospitals that want it formatted like that, so never a problem.

Similar Messages:

Slow Response While Working In Platform
Jun 02, 2014

I'm having a hard time reaching my line count since being moved to another platform. Things are really slow with this new platform. Support tells me I need to upgrade my internet service provider. Everything else works fine, no slowness noted anywhere else except this platform. Would you guys consider upgrading? That's just going to cost me $$, especially when I'm already at the bottom of the barrel in pay, and then it may not even help that much... ...

Dear Mmodal Learn How To Manage People
Apr 20, 2014

You don't need to notify me of EVERY freaking comma I missed or if I left off a letter in a word. Seriously you are not MOTIVATING me to do better, you are pissing me off. I missed it, honestly, that is it, I AM NOT a moron. Why don't you try playing with this ASR crap all day long and see how well you do..The human mind is not wired to work with this program. The fact that, that is all I missed, you ought to be pretty darned happy. Gawd I HATE this place. ...

What Platform Does MModal Use? Someone Was Talking To Me About Sm
May 10, 2013

work and said the use the "M Modal" platofrm.  What is that?  I know back in the Medquist day it was DocQScribe.  Is it that, something like that, or something completely different? ...

Make A Living On The Futurenet MModal Platform?
Oct 23, 2013

Is anyone able to make a living on the Futurenet MModal platform?  My pay has decreased by 3/4s.     ...

Maybe MOT Is Designed To Make Us So Fed Up, We Quit.
May 09, 2015

That way, we can't collect unemployment, and they can send all the accounts offshore.  Also, that would take care of the MTs whose states are about to raise their minimum wage.  It's a thought. ...

MQers: Your 99% QA Goal Is Designed To Prune The Workforce. (sm)
May 21, 2011

It is a targeted approach to culling the workforce.  Through attrition, they are cutting their workforce needs.  Only those with the skill set they WANT will survive.  This approach is very effective. They can change the standards/requriements at any given time and then let you go without recourse for not meeting those. CBay is taking more and more work offshore.  The need for US MTs is less and less.  They will eventually have only a literal handful of US MTs left. ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

Slow DQS
Feb 03, 2010

I would still like to hear from more of you about whether or not you have problems with DQS being slow.  Today was one of the worst days I have ever had.  I recently spent over 3 hours with support but no one has a definitive answer.  I can tell you all that when Kaspersky does a virus scan, you cannot work at all.  You may not even be able to get into Schedule Source to sign out.  No one in tech support can tell whether it is my computer, my DSL, or some other reason an ...

DQS Slow?
Aug 01, 2010

Is anyone else having trouble with DQS moving slowly this morning?  It's taking forever for the few jobs trickling in to download, ADT searches to run, etc.  I've been having some internet issues, so I'm not sure if it's me or DQS. Thanks! ...

DQS Slow
Sep 01, 2010

Anyone else noticing reports loading very slowly on DQS ...

Slow Work?
Oct 14, 2009

Is anyone else slow? So far this week I've had less then 40 small reports. ...

DQS Slow Or Not Working?
Feb 17, 2010

Is DQS having a problem today?  I cant download a report. ...

Slow Job Downloading
Feb 24, 2010

Anybody else sick of DQS sometimes taking forever to download a job and then being told that it is either our computer's fault or our internet connection??  My internet and computer has not changed since this started happening.  However, it did start when they updated DQS, but, of course, that can't be the reason! ...

Seems Strange That Everything In MQ Is So Slow.
Apr 13, 2010

Every site having to do with MQ is as slow as molasses.  Other Internet sites whiz along.  Trying to check MQ E-mail, clock in, etc. is always a draaaaaaaaggggg.  Is it their equipment or poor IT I wonder?  Either way, once again makes you wonder about their accuracy on any of our numbers.  Does their software "catch" everything or are some of my lines are flying past while it is dragging like a snail?   ...

Slow MT Transcription
Oct 14, 2010

Hi all, I am a new transcriptionist.  I have a job with a very small company that's doing transcription for a group of hospitals in Florida.  The lady who hired me is so nice.  She is training me and I am producing a quality product, but I am so slow!  I'm averaging about 100 lines per hour because I have to look some things up or the doctors take such long breaks to look things up in the record in front of them.  Also, the doctors tend to say one thing and the ...

Is DQS Being Real SLOW For Anyone Else?
Apr 05, 2011

I've had trouble logging in and uploading this morning.  Anyone else? ...

Is SoftScript Still Slow ?
Jul 11, 2011

Hello everyone It is always of interest to me what is going on with SoftScript.  One of my friends is still there and I haven't been able to get hold of her.   Does anyone know if they are still slow.  When I worked there it was extremely slow.   Now I have a job where I never run out of work.   Thanks everyone.  ...

Anyone Else Slow At Landmark
Jul 11, 2012

Don't know if it's because of the past holiday or what, but I've barely been able to make half my quota for the past 2 weeks! I don't recall a lull lasting this long before and I've been with them for a few years.  ...

DQS Is Very Very Slow This Morning.
Aug 02, 2012

What is going on with this system this morning.  It is barely moving. ...

DQM Extremely Slow
Oct 01, 2012

or whatever the term is this week? I have been trying to log in for 20 minutes and no go. TIA ...

System Slow?
Nov 11, 2012

anyone else's jobs taking forever to upload and download this morning? ...

DQM Slow As Molasses Again
Nov 26, 2012

Fluency/DQS Slow??
Jan 28, 2013

Anyone else having painfully slow downloads?? Finally get a little work and it's taking FOREVER to download. My internet seems very fast, so has to be a Fluency issue. ...

Is The Work Still Slow?
Feb 06, 2013

I've been away for a few days. Got NJA right out of the starting gate.  This is the North region. ...

Why Is Softscript So Slow Lately?
Feb 11, 2013

x ...

Anybody Else Downloading Really Slow Lately?
Jun 10, 2013

Just wondering if it's just me.  I check my net speed online, but it shows I'm downloading everything else that it isn't from the MModal server at normal speed. ...

Fluency Slow For Anyone Else?
Aug 12, 2013

Very slow uploading and downloading.  Just wondering if it was just me? ...

SLOW JOB LOADING
Apr 28, 2014

Anyone else find that the jobs are loading very, very slowly? ...

Slow Talker
May 22, 2014

Geez, I could check and answer emails AND check the latest FB posts in between this one doctor's words!  Guess it beats the heck out of doctors who feel like they're being paid by the word to dictate. ...