A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How in the world do you guys manage here? - I am almost ready to quit after barely a week. Sm

Posted: May 09, 2014

Specs for each account that seem completely random, pulled out of someone's  ****, and it's always some small problem constantly.   I spend more time checking specs than I do typing.  I'll never get off QA at this rate.  I would probably like the account if I could get past all this picky this, that and the other.  Date of service or appointment is wrong,  then you don't get a template pulled in and have to type it all by hand???  

New to Nuance, but not to MT.   I don't seem to have any trouble with any other jobs I have now or have had in the past...  

Any of you want to take bets,  start a pool on how long I'll last here?   I'll start the pot with a quarter.    Good grief...  Undecided

Nuance - Rachel BEOTCH

[ In Reply To ..]
After working for Nuance for many years, and seeing and hearing what goes on, don't waste your time with them, they will just beat you down, and you will wished you never worked for them.

Nuance method to madness - Calling INDIA to replace US MTs

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance knows they can't outsource all their work because some hospitals want it done in US. BUT if there are not enough US MTs, guess what. They tell the hospital they have a contract with that they can't get enough US MTs and the NEED to ship the work offshore and Nuance gets the work done cheaper in India AFTER they drive away US MTs.

India - wk

[ In Reply To ..]
Their CEO is from India and lives in Georgia. When you are on Spark, you see the India contacts. They do not hide the fact that they have people in India

QA - wk

[ In Reply To ..]
Who do you have for your QA person that is helping you get off of QA makes a difference. Hopefully, you have DS. She is awesome. Are you straight typing? I don't do any VR stuff. You usually get off within five working days. Hang in there!

and when you try to get acct specs clarified - s.m.

[ In Reply To ..]
you will get an answer that will be so complicated and long and unhelpful that you will want to bang your head against a wall, and still be wondering how to deal with a lot of situations. They must have special Enrich modules for TSMs to learn to talk/email this way.

LOL. Still want to know how the score QA - and reports they choose.

[ In Reply To ..]
I got a gibberish answer. I also can't contest QA because I can't see the original report or listen to the report QA heard.

I HATE NUANCE.

working for the N - nogoodnewsforyoufromme

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance bought the company I worked for, and I have nothing but bad things. Manager intentionally had me paid wrong. Went to HR (which, at Nuance is in no way on the employee's side as HR depts used to be). Was shrugged off. Were more interested in pinching pennies. I hope I can put them out of business one day...lol

addendum to above - ngnfyfm

[ In Reply To ..]
sorry, meant to say, "I have nothing but bad things to say about Nuance," instead of ending at "things."

Similar Messages:

DQ Manage
May 26, 2012

Is anyone having trouble with DQ Manage?  It is so slow bringing anything up and it then tells me I do not have access and kicks me out and I have to sign on again. ...

I Need Software That Will Allow Me To Manage Wav Files. Sm
Nov 03, 2009

I am looking to purchase a software program and licenses where I can manage my transcription.  I do not want anything that is going to cost me so much per line or so much per MB.  Can anyone recommend something reasonable.  ...

DQscribe/manage/MQcentral
May 12, 2010

I can't log in to DQscribe or Manage or MQ Central.  I can get in to TeamWork though.  ...

Dear Mmodal Learn How To Manage People
Apr 20, 2014

You don't need to notify me of EVERY freaking comma I missed or if I left off a letter in a word. Seriously you are not MOTIVATING me to do better, you are pissing me off. I missed it, honestly, that is it, I AM NOT a moron. Why don't you try playing with this ASR crap all day long and see how well you do..The human mind is not wired to work with this program. The fact that, that is all I missed, you ought to be pretty darned happy. Gawd I HATE this place. ...

Seriously, How Did I Ever Manage 25 Years In This Business If I Can't Pass An English Grammar/m
Aug 03, 2010

I think some of these companies are pushing their luck.  They either like you or they don't.  Some of these tests are too easy.  Some of them led me to believe I was applying for an internship after medical school.  I admit I had to look up some of the answers because I didn't train to become a pediatric medical transcriptionist.  Since when do we have MT specialty certficates?  I have transcribed just about everything they can do to you in a uni ...

Just Want To Thank You Guys For Being Here
Apr 18, 2012

lets face it the situation rots,,,so we can make the best of a bad situation or curl up and die (cant afford the latter so)...But again thanks for the helpful hints and letting me vent now and again..Im in a better boat then most pulling a disability check from my former job...I just really wish I could do more for you all that depend on this money as your main form of income..There is no way I could do it....so any ideas you all want to try, count me in, if I get fired, I can survive, not very ...

I'm Sure You Guys Have
Mar 24, 2015

dated February 2015 http://crankalicious.hubpages.com/hub/The-Worst-Companies-to-Work-For-M-Modal some of it goes a bit far, in that we do get paid time off, but otherwise, its pretty spot on. i would so love to post this on MM's facebook page or on Twitter for their business partners to read, but i don't know how to do it anonymously.   ...

Oh God You Guys
May 18, 2015

I'm the one who posted below about the system not seeing all the work I typed today.  I uploaded a job just now and I caught it at the end saying returning job.  WHAT THE BEEP!! Has it returned all of the jobs I did today even though it says in editor I have done them?!!? I'm dying here.  I'm not pulling any more jobs now.  what is going on?!?!?  Check your lines in manager and see if it matches up with editor.  ...

Missed You Guys!!!
May 24, 2010

Been banned for a while.  We won't go into that. . . .  Glad to be back.  ...

How Often You Guys Have To Buy New Keyboard
Jun 10, 2011

I was just curious as to how often you guys have to buy new keyboards.  Seems like mine are biting the dust more often these days.  TIA.  ...

You Guys Have Inspired Me.
Mar 07, 2012

Well, it's time to go, guys. I'm saying goodbye. After 11 years in this field, I've enrolled in paralegal training. Like a lot of you, I figured transcription would get me through my working years with a home-based job and a decent wage that I could live on. Not so anymore. I still have a good job with a hospital, where my bosses claim outsourcing will never happen. Yeah, sure it won't. I went ahead and enrolled in school while I still have a decent income and the heart to le ...

You Guys Will Never Believe This ASR Mistake
Sep 13, 2012

This ASR mistake was so perfect that it is unbelievable.  It's so unbelievable that I would never have put it on here unless it was for real.  Dictated:  "M-H-C-L, all in caps" ASR:  MT agency hell hole  ...

What Do You Guys Do When A VR Report Is
Oct 02, 2013

I mean wrong as in, there will be a long run of sentences in which VR doesn't get a single word right.  I don't know WHY, because this speaker happens to speak very clearly at a decent speed and with no background noise.   Do you guys just delete everything and retype?  Do you ask your TL to be compensated as straight transcription when that happens?  Or do you make every single correction as you go along (which happens to take about 395 years to do). Also, I' ...

I've Noticed Some Of You Guys Saying That
Feb 04, 2015

backup account or an unfamiliar account when you run out of work on your primary.  Are we allowed to do this?  I would rather stick my primary and flex my time to a later time or even not at all if possible.  I don't want to risk getting below 99% (which I still sometimes do even on my familiar primary account, but I know it would happen on my backup account, which is unfamilar to me, rarely work in it).   But I thought if we ran out of work we had to immediate ...

Are You Guys In North Getting Work?
Feb 15, 2010

I haven't seen any NJA posts for ages.  I had no work Sunday night or tonight, and I have no-India accounts! ...

You Guys Are Unbelievable. For Months You
Mar 03, 2010

For months you have complained about NJA and other people logging on randomly and taking your work away.  So MQ comes up with a system whereby this will no longer be allowed to happen -- and you are now complaining about it too ?  The point here is to make sure that you will have work at your scheduled time without other people hopping on and doing it.   Isn't that what you have been wanting ?You have been really spoiled by MQ if you are used to logging on 15 minutes lat ...

Did You Guys Know Dell, Inc Was Into Transcription
Jul 23, 2010

At first, I thought it was just a company named Dell, but then was redirected to the Dell website. ...

What Do You Guys Do With A Verbatim Acct When Doc
Feb 26, 2011

clearly dictates a sentence that makes absolutely no sense.  Just sort of an open-ended sentence, not even a fragment?  I'm trying so hard to keep the blanks down, which my % is really okay, but I'm finding more and more that these docs are just not making any sense and the mistakes are getting ridiculous!!!  Maybe they are texting when they are dictating........Anyhow, do you just type what they say and send it off or do you mark it for QA? ...

OK I Trust You Guys So Much, I Just Ordered
Mar 14, 2011

OK, What Do You Guys Do When You Consistently Run Out Of Work? Sm
Oct 26, 2011

This is getting crazy now.  I'm clocking in and out so many times in a day that I spend more time doing that than actually working.  I show up for my shift and am available to work my entire shift but with no work and no pay.  I've been trying UI in between running out of work but can't get through.  I need the money; please don't get wrong about that, BUT I also have other things going on and alot of it, and I don't have the time most days to make th ...

What Do You Guys Usually Do When There Is No Work During Your Shift? Sm
Jun 20, 2012

I've been checking every 10 to 15 minutes for the past 2.5 hours with only 1 report during that time.  Of course I punched out.  I do not like spending my day this way and it is foolish to be doing this and not getting paid.  It's also difficult to work after my shift on some days as I have other commitments and also a family to take care of.  It's stressful enough not having work and earning money but I get so stressed with feeling like I have to sit here and ...

An Mmodal MT. You Guys Have Work??
Dec 30, 2012

WE HAVE HARDLY ANY WORK at Mmodal.  Quite a few of us have $70.00 paychecks for a 2 week period which does not pay for the electric or cable bills.  Mmodal says it is slow because of the holidays...  Oh really, well holidays do not run for 3 months in a row.  I have dictators stating the hospital beds are full and ER wait time for patients are over 6 hours because of too many patients being seen.  Yet, Mmodal says we are slow and have low volume because of the holidays. ...

How Many Of You Gals And Guys OOW Today??
Sep 03, 2014

It's a broken record "things are slow, it will pick up"....... ...

What Light Do You Guys Keep Talking About??
Dec 15, 2014

No clue.  ...

New World
Dec 03, 2009

Morning all. Knew it was coming, just didn't know when.  CTL gone Monday and this a.m., a totally new CCM.  Haven't been told anything by anyone at MQ about any of this.  Just happened.  It's OK.  The last CCM was pretty bad, never answered E.mails or phone calls.  The CTL was great though and that is probably why she is gone.  MQ can't stand to have anyone good for morale and/or MTs work for them.  Look out everyone, its Christmas ...

World Help!
Jan 25, 2010

PE section of report.    Abdomen:  Revealed bulging flanks.  An umbilical hernia was present.  There were bowel sounds throughout.  s/l Pastel's or Pascal's was positive, and there was a positive fluid wave.  Any help would be appreciated!   ...

What I Would Like The World To Know
Apr 13, 2012

would probably not jibe with what Vern would like the world to know. ...

Don't You Guys Remember A Few Years Ago When We Got A Letter
Nov 13, 2009

from the then CEO thanking us for our hard work?  He said there would be no MQ without the MTs, blah, blah, blah (it happened around MT week).  A few weeks later we got our first pay cut. Now that's appreciation! IMO, something's up!  Hold onto your shorts!  ...

You Guys Need To Cut The Crap. If There Is No Work Consistently
Nov 17, 2009

I've been in this business 30 plus years.  When my company dries up for whatever reason, or if I find myself unproductive.  I pack my grip and move on. Stop complaining if you're planning on staying there.  Get up off your behinds and search, research, put out applications, take the tests that are required.  Do I like going to the MTTEST site for every other company?  No, but I do it if that is the requirement.  Go ahead and flame on. ...

Kinda Left You Guys Hanging - Sorry
Apr 10, 2010

Hi, guys.  I told you a little while back that I was canned by the Q back at the end of Feb and within about 4-5 found another company.  They are WONDERFUL!  We are sent frequent updates of new openings every time they take on new clients and we can switch to whichever client we which - it lists the client, days of week and house required for such client.  If nothing appeals to you but you want to work for this company, you can take the job and wait for something to open up. ...