A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are many people getting fired after not meeting QA requirements? - Targeted MT

Posted: Jul 15, 2013

I am apparently being targeted.  What is the protocol, if any?  

My TSM told me I had to fail 4 audits and then they would - "do something"

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to understand I am also on accounts that are constantly out of TAT. THey are desperate for people to work so I dont' know if mine is any different than yours.

wonder why they leave some of us sitting here - with NJA when...

[ In Reply To ..]
...they are so desperate for people to work! I was supposed to start work at 5 am today. There is nothing. Its now almost 9 am. Still nothing. Hmmm... why cant I be put in a helper pool to get your accounts into TAT when I am sitting here doing nothing!

Helper pool - Wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you asked?
Geez... I wonder why I haven't thought of that - ah ha moment
[ In Reply To ..]
Why on earth would you even ask that question. Of course someone sitting there with no work is going to ask for work. Stupidity comes to mind!

on a different platform - they may not want to train anyone

[ In Reply To ..]
because they may be transitioning over to fluency soon but that doesn't help us now!

I was also told that also but....... - typer

[ In Reply To ..]
yeah right. I failed 2 audits and was told at that time I had 4 to fail before termination. A week and a half later just out of the blue, I got the call that they had to decided just to fire me, and I am not new, I had been with the company for 12 years and I'm pretty sure that while talking with my TSM she was enjoying making the call.

My protocol - notlivinginfear

[ In Reply To ..]
is just to ignore them. I have "failed" all the audits since for whatever reason I became a target about a year ago. I made it very clear to them that if after over 2 years I am no longer competent to do their work, they can just fire me.

How many audits have you failed? - just curious

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I have failed every - audit

[ In Reply To ..]
but one since they started auditing me, too many to remember. Lately I am "failing" for commas either there or not there. My feeling is if they have someone sifting through this mess constantly looking for problems, they will find problems, and if I'm now incapable of living up to their standards, then get rid of me. For minimum wage, I'm really not going to be too upset.

Two years here, never had an audit - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

You're probably passing them - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't received an audit in years. When I asked my QC about it she said that they don't send feedback for passed audits, only failed ones, which doesn't seem right if you ask me. It would be nice to hear when we're doing great also. Has anyone received feedback for passed audits? Just curious.

Regardless of pass or fail - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would like to see them because I know I am not 100% correct, of that I am positive.

I got a "failed" audit and is just seemed like - an FYI

[ In Reply To ..]
It was just under 99% and all the email said was "please review" and a nice "let me know if you have any questions" sort of thing.

I will say that the QA head for my team and my CCM are super nice so I wonder if it matters whose group you are in how nasty they get regarding this stuff.

targeted - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm so tired of this BS. I've received two notices in recent days that I'm not meeting their requirements, that I'm only at 98.7% when they expect 99.5%. At the same time, I'm getting one report after another where the doctor has to spell out simple words because they're obviously getting garbage. I want to write back, "Are you kidding? You're getting 30 years of experience at 4 pennies a line! You should be damned glad you're getting reports with 98.7% quality!"

Similar Messages:

Fired For Not Meeting Minimum LPH?
May 27, 2015

Are there any here that have been fired for not meeting LPH minimum?   What was your LPH?  How much MUP did you receive before you were let go? ...

If One Is Not Meeting Production Requirements, What Are My Options And Theirs?
Sep 06, 2013

N/A ...

Can We Get Unemployment If Fired For Not Meeting Line Counts?
Nov 17, 2011

I am getting worried.  I just can't get my line count up to 150. I have been an MT for 1 1/2 years only and am really trying.  I am close, but not close enough.  I get so many ESL's and have 5 different accounts to remember all the specifics.  My audits are great, but the line count is not up to 150 (varies from 112 to 120).  My worry is if I get fired for low line count, can I get unemployment (WI)?  Any info will help. ...

Silent Type MTs - Meeting The Minimum Requirements These Days?
Sep 14, 2012

Are any of you ST MTs even meeting the minimum requirements these days? How many more excuses can there be for the lack of work? Summer was supposed to pick up - it didn't. Now it's the Jewish holidays, then I'm sure it will be the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Also, we never did hear about that "something spectacular" in June. ...

Anyone At Accentus/Nuance Ever Got Fired For Not Meeting The Line Count?
Feb 02, 2013

I was wondering if anyone at Accentus ever got fired for not meeting the line count? ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

What Are MQ LPH Requirements For FT
Jan 19, 2010

NM ...

LPH Requirements
Jun 27, 2010

What is the minimum line count requirement at MedQuist?  Do you have different line count requirements for SR versus regular transcription?  thank you ...

Job Requirements
May 31, 2011

When a company states that their requirements are 1,000 lines/  24 hour turnaround and or 5,000/ 7days, what does that mean?  Forgive my ignorance but as you can see I'm new at this.  ...

Requirements For PAs
Oct 27, 2013

I posted this information below in response to someone else but wanted to bring it to the top because I, too, wonder why many PAs are so notoriously inaccurate when dictating.  Hope nobody's offended by a double post. I was reviewing PA coursework at a leading university and quote the following: (My comments are in parentheses) "A course in medical terminology is recommended (not REQUIRED?) for applicants who are not health professionals or for any appl ...

What Are Some LPH Requirements Out There??
Mar 04, 2014

I was wondering what some of these other companies require for line counts per hour.  We are required to do 520 on eScription -- I never make it.  Lots of ESL, 99% editing.  ...

Got Fired From The Q - Ha Ha
Feb 24, 2010

Well, I was officially fired yesterday.  Up until last summer, I was one of their top producers, never having an accuracy problem.  The reason I got fired?  I got sick. Early last summer, I let a UTI go for 10 days (lived off Rx strength OTC Pyridium) until I was severely septic and urinating almost pure blood and clots.  I also had a kidney infection, kidney stones and bladder stones.  Thought it was over.  IIRC, the urinary organism was proteus mirabilis.  I ...

Getting Fired
Apr 01, 2010

Isn't it odd that being fired from MQ isn't a disgrace?  Being fired from any other place would be total humiliation, but I don't think anybody here would ever look down on another MT who was let go.  MQ doesn't discriminate.  They justly fire bad MTs, but they also fire good MTs who are stuck with crummy accounts, accounts that constantly have NJA, and probably a ton of reasons that are beyond our control.  ...

Fired
Apr 28, 2010

I was hired by company initials "P" under the conditions that my computer meet their specifications.  I was told my computer met their specification and then offered employment.  I accepted. Their technicians worked on my computer for 2 weeks straight and installed faulty software, and then I was told my system would not meet their specifications and I needed to have my computer XP deleted and reinstalled or buy a new computer.  I had my computer checked out and was told my c ...

I Don't Really Want To Get Fired From Q
Dec 08, 2010

it really wouldn't be such a bad thing ...

I Was Fired
Jun 14, 2011

I was fired. I started with Medquist in 1998. They fired me in 1997. I was hired and Spheris and became a Medquist employee after they bought Spheris. I was fired again today. I just hope Medquist eventually stabilizes and the employees are happy again. I hope I find something suitable for me. I wish the best for all. It's been one hell of a bumpy and uneven ride. Bon voyage to me!!! ...

Getting Fired??
May 05, 2012

If you have had a written warning on 3/31 and I am going to assume after a failing audit score on 1 report I did, is firing next?? Really can use input regarding this and unemployment, or really anything you can think of? ...

Getting Fired....
Jun 28, 2012

this may sound stupid, but how does one go about getting fired from this God-awful company?...i sit here in tears daily, and can't look for another job because i am tied to this desk 14 hours a day and not even making minimum wage...i want to be able to collect unemployment for just a few weeks until i can find a real company to work for... ...

Wow! Since The Meeting With Amy?
Oct 18, 2012

For 2 days now.  Yep...  out of turn around time for over 2 days.  There is overtime for these accounts,  but it seems NO ONE IS WORKING.  These accounts have never been out of turn around time.  ...

When You Get Fired
Nov 04, 2012

does mmodal pay unused acrued pto. when do they pay you for work performed before being fired? ...

So Regarding This Meeting
Dec 11, 2012

All the build up and fussing for basically no reason? ...

How To Get Fired
Jun 12, 2013

Has anyone been fired and able to draw unemployment from this ridiculous company? I just can't take it anymore, want to quit, but think if I can somehow draw unemployment that would be great for me. If I do not show up to work will I be let go? I know this seems ridiculous to be asking, but hey, these large do-not-care-a-bit-about-you companies bring out the worst in some of us.  This one is definitely the worse company I have ever worked for, and it shames me to have to work ...

How To Get Fired?
Apr 02, 2014

Does anyone know what would be grounds for getting fired by Nuance? ...

Just Got Fired
Jun 10, 2014

I just wanted to let those who are following my story over the last few weeks that they just fired me. Not sure what I'll do now. ...

Did I Just Get Fired
Feb 26, 2015

in the middle of a Thursday... ...

So I Wonder If I Will Be Fired Or WHAT....just Do It Already Then
Mar 04, 2015

So I've been going back and forth since the beginning of this "safety pay plan" getting around 99.5% to 100% for 2 weeks then falling off the grid at 98% (and once much lower), back on the grid, back off.  I guess one week I'm an excellent MT and the next I totally suck.  I am just so stressed thinking they are going to fire me.  I am sure it would be a blessing in disguise if they did, but I'm not ready yet. I am my sole source of income and I'd mostly likel ...

Physical Requirements?
Jul 01, 2010

I've been thinking about going into coding, but what is it like physically? The immobility of transcription drives me crazy sometimes, as well as the eye strain of editing, so I am wondering if the actual physical work of coding includes the same stress. Or maybe I will just get a job on my feet, stocking in a warehouse? ...

Minimum Requirements?
Apr 21, 2010

I've worked for MQ before, just before CBay bought MQ, but I can't remember (and maybe it's changed) what is the minimum number of hours or lines required per week?  I thought it was something like 2000 lines per week.  Is the minimum per hour still 100 lph for PT? Also, what's the pay rate for VR now?  I think it was still 70% when I left.  Is it 50% or 60% of your regular line rate? I'm just looking for something very part-time, like 10 hours ...

Are Requirements Getting Higher
Aug 03, 2010

Seems to me, "one year acute care experience" was the basic requirement to sign on with an MTSO. Then it went to three years. Now, a lot of places require "five years' experience." Plus, QA has gotten unbelievably picky. I've always had top-notch quality and even been complimented personally by physicians at various local clinics. Recruiters call my test scores "excellent." And YET, wherever I start working, my QA looks like the homework of some dyslexic third-grader that comes back fr ...