A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Zowie .. I don't mind testing for a job, but I have had to do three separate log ins and sm - Tired MT

Posted: Feb 08, 2011

3 separate sets of screening and transcription tests on MT test ... seems a bit excessive!  I hope it is worth it.  We'll see ...

Me too - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Would be nice to know what the pay is considering the time spent to test.

Yes. I wondered if she did it as a weeding out process since they were so flooded sm - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
with resumes. That's half my day gone, it seems. If they offer 6 cpl or something, I'll go beat myself up.

MT Test is so excessive. I refuse to use it. - Need to streamline process. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand they might want personalized results for specialty, etc. but there's a lot that could be standardized. Huge waste of time especially if you don't even have details of job to know if it's worth your while. I won't do it unless I have pay and job specifics up front.

This is 3 separate MT test sessions. Definitely excessive. :( nm - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxx

MTTest is so excessive -- reply - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I have stated in previous posts that this company was looking for "basic 4 acute care and there is no ER work available." I have no clue about radiology, but I do know that there are echocardiograms and cardiac catheterizations on this account; however, I don't do those kinds of reports. As far as pay, again, MANY factors are taken into consideration. Right now, I am making more than many of these nationals will quote you during an interview call and the thing that I like as well, is the fact it is all straight typing. I got hired first and then tested as a "formality" and failed one test BIG time, (radiology) but was reassured that I still had the job. Please stop and realize that yes, I felt it was excessive as well; however, this company wants to make sure that someone who is hired, is able to do the work. Yes, we do have our share of ESLs on this account and even with 30 years in the business there are are few doctors who are stinkers and we also have some English-speaking doctors who dictate at 100 miles a minute. It is nothing different than any other company that I have run across. If you want doctors that are perfect all the time, then I would suggest that you try to indeed find another profession. I know that I am weaker in some areas and stronger in others and the supervisor on this particular account as well as her assistant do their best to accommodate that. However, it is a "mix" that comes into the pool and there is really no way to "cherry pick" with the platform that is used. There have been occasions when I get a worktype that I am not that familar with, or experienced in and I usually just IM the supervisor and ask her to remove the report from my que, which she does.

I am being presumptous but.... - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Was this the test for Aero? I was hired and then had to take the tests and yes, it probably is a "weeding out process" of sorts because the owner has actually been asking for a minimum of 10 years of experience and if you are qualified you definitely will be making more than 6 cpl. Again, people have to realize that compensation goes along with experience and test results and right now, this is an acute care hospital who does the basic 4.

I cannot speak for the others, but I tested for them and it was 3 separate tests. sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
It was very time consuming, and I have to admit I had my doubts about whether it was worthwhile to proceed, but I am so unhappy where I am at now, and it is my day off, so I went ahead with it. It was my choice, so I really cannot complain, but it is the first time in all these 100 years I have been doing this that I have had to put in so much effort when I have no idea what is being offered. I guess nothing ventured ....

I hope the owner wasn't upset with you for talking about the company and getting her flooded with e-mails. I'm sure the rest of us appreciate the tip, though. Thanks.

Reply to LTMT - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, I got an email from the owner today, stating that she had gotten some very good leads because I mentioned the company here as well as on another board. The owner and the other contact person that have been mentioned here were not the ones to hire me. I received a call on a Saturday afternoon around 3:30 p.m. and was explained about the account, the company and the rate of pay they offered. I accepted and then was asked if I minded testing, which of course, I didnt. I passed 2 of the tests and totally failed the third but still got hired. I cannot emphasize enough how this is a small, family-owned business. The owner's parents were killed last year in an accident and the children of the original owners as well as some other family members have stepped in and taken over. The owner herself has a small child and is expecting her second one and she cares very much about her MTs; however, she expects communication and loyalty as well. As an example 2 weeks ago, this coming Thursday, my laptop (about 4-5 years old), decided to die a "slow death." I had online techs working on it and it would keep shutting off to no avail. Luckily, I had a desktop here that I had not used since getting the laptop and was having problems getting the desktop to work properly, which all it was was a matter of adding more memory to the desktop. I kept in contact with my supervisor, assistant supervisor as well as the owner and this is what is really expected of anyone who has a job, whether it be in MT or in the private sector. She will NOT overhire and I believe that is one of the reasons that they very seldom advertise. I am not sure if I am repeating myself from previous posts, but they pay weekly via DD and before the holidays, my check was in the bank early. This account does have its share of ESLs, but overall, it is not a bad account and very much a mixture of things from progress notes to OP notes. The only thing that we do not do are ER reports.
HTH
ps - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
Oops, I forgot but after the call on Saturday, I was told that they would need to get passwords from the hospital. They sent me the paperwork on Monday and I faxed it back; however, even though it took some time to get passwords for the hospital, I was working for this company by Wednesday, so it really isn't a situation where you have to wait 2-3 weeks before starting (at least that was my experience).
Thanks for all of the information. I guess we'll see what happens. I actually would prefer sm - LTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
an employee position, but I hate my present job so much now, anything would be an improvement. Of course, the point may be moot. I may not have passed the tests. Regardless, I do appreciate all you have shared. It sounds like a good company.
another question - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Did anyone complete the first 2 tests complete with transcribed reports, only to get to the 3rd where you have multiple choice, and then receive a prompt that you failed that?
yep - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
dont worry about that part!
I didn't have that issue, but on the last set of tests, the practicum was actually sm - LTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
an editing thing where you fill in the missing pats. I got down to 4 minutes and something and it said paused and would not go any further, yet there were still blanks down the page. I emailed them and told them and she verified that and said not to worry about it.

I think they sound like a great company (despite the testing ordeal - ha), and I look forward to starting. :-)
Test - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am worried. I didn't see anything timed on any of the tests and perhaps I did not submit transcription correctly. Did you already hear back from them about position?
Yes, I talked with them yesterday. I don't think the test itself was timed. sm - LTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I was referring to the player, where you are listening to the dictation. The player stopped at 4 minutes and something.

I think she was flooded with resumes, so it might take awhile.

Good luck!
test - anony
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, but you have not answered the question. I find it hard to believe that they were suddenly flooded with resumes, and the same day you tested, you were hired. You are so vague, do you still contend that when all of us tested on Tuesday, they got back to only you the same day and offered a job? I don't believe a word you say. I tested in only one specialty, do you know what it was, Carnac?
Wow .. I do not know why you are so hostile to me. sm - LTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have no reason to lie. I sent my resume to the president of the company, the executive assistant responded to me with the links to the 3 tests and told me to let her know when I had finished them. I took the tests, emailed her, and the NEXT day (not the same day -- don't think I said that nor did I mean to imply that), she asked me when I would be available and how much I required in terms of cpl. Later that day she emailed me the new hire paperwork.

I only answered these posts to try to help. If you want to be hateful, then you are on your own. Good luck.
She did answer your question. And her post below describes - the procedure. I know because ditto for me. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Zowie! Some Of These MMEs
Apr 09, 2013

with their snippy, bossy notes.  La-di-da!!! Whatever! ...

Transtech 2 Separate W2s?
Jan 31, 2011

I received one from Venture Resource but I know I made more than that last year at Transtech, are we getting 2 W2s for them from different companies?  Thanks. ...

Mid - Must It Be Written With Another Word Or Can It Be Separate Or Hyphenated?
Mar 24, 2013

midabdomen or mid abdomen - which would be correct or is either equally correct? ...

I Work For Two Separate Hospitals That Use DQS And I Dont Know How
Jan 01, 2014

to move my expanders into the second hospital on DQS from the first one. ...

MM Audits: Since When Is It An Error To Use A Comma To Separate
Nov 12, 2014

two independent clauses?!  I get it that it's now acceptable to just omit the comma so that people don't have to learn the punctuation rules or make an extra keystroke just for a comma, but if you feel like going out of your way to do it correctly, how on earth is it an error....?  Where do they get these auditors? ...

Has Anyone Gotten Their Regular Monthly Bonus As A Separate Check IF It Were Over $100?
Oct 26, 2009

Down below someone said it only comes as a separate check if it is over $100. Mine have always been in the 120 to 150 range and I have gotten a separate check.  But for the past 2 months, nothing.   CCM has no idea what is up.  Just wondering if anyone's bonus if over $100 came, as usual, as a separate check.   TIA ...

Santyl And SensiCare Are Two Separate Things, Correct?
Dec 01, 2009

I have a wound care doctor that dictates them both as if they are one thing. For example:  We will continue Santyl SensiCare and start ampicillin... or He has done well on the Santyl SensiCare. He's a great dictator, but he dictates as if these two wound treatments are essentially one treatment and so now I'm questioning myself. ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

Using Word Separate But Similtaneously With Word Client 8
Aug 01, 2012

I have just started working in Dictaphone Word Client.  I have Word 2003.  When I open the Word Client it takes my own Word "hostage" and I cannot use it for other things.  Is there a way to separate the two, so that I can still use my Word when I need to while still working in Word Client? ...

I'm Going Out Of My Mind!
Feb 03, 2014

Seriously, I honestly do not know what is going on in the western region.  It wouldn't be so bad if there was just no work in my BOB and I could ask for more back up accounts from other BOB but the whole western region is out of work!  It was the same way over the weekend, isn't there usually work on the weekends?  I'm a single mom and can't afford to take it off with no pay - I REALLY NEED THIS INCOME so I'm stuck taking it out of my PTO but I won't ...

Never Mind....
Oct 18, 2014

x ...

Who In Their Right Mind Will Be Sending Anything To QA?
Mar 19, 2010

Are they kidding?  Who is going to be sending ANYTHING to QA and take a chance of having their pay cut? Especially if it's the beginning of the work week! Yes, the clients will be getting blanks and I know they will be complaining.  The Q keeps sending us e-mails telling us to cut down on QA submissions. Are they kidding? No amount of "tips" will help if the dictator mumbles, sneezes, is ESL, etc. Don't they think we know all the "tricks" already? Besides that, we can't ...

An Idle Mind
Jul 27, 2010

Okay, I just started my first job with an MTSO, and now I'm looking at an empty queue. This is the same running-out-of-work scenario that has been following me for the past 6 years, everywhere I go. Three on-site jobs have gone down the tubes because the clinics/hospitals were "streamlining" with VR, and making their remaining employees more "efficient." Every time this happens, I promise myself: Will retrain, will find a new line of work. This is a dying field. Every time, somethin ...

If You Don't Mind Me Asking What Is The Most And Least That You've Made?
Jan 12, 2011

I've worked at a hospital doing transcription and getting an hourly wage, and I've also done transcription at home.  At-home was not a good experience for me.  I about went bankrupt, but the good thing is that I have more experience now.  I'm trying to decide whether to go back to a hospital and get an hourly pay or work from home again...  Thanks for any input!  I appreciate it!  ...

My Racing Mind Just Got
Mar 22, 2012

Funny while editing SR, the "other side" of the brain wanders.  Just came up with a T-shirt idea in the form of D: dictated/T: typed by speech rec. Speech Recognition D: Speech "wreck" wrecks MT's lives. T:  Spit wreck rex empty wives. LOL. ...

Mind. Blown. (sm)
Aug 08, 2012

I'm trying to use more keyboard commands and less mouse action, right?  So I needed to highlight and delete a line of text, and I tried Ctrl Alt Right Arrow.  Try it.  Go 'head.  For the timid among us, I can report that that particular key combo makes your screen skew sideways.  I tilted my head to look at it, thinking furiously about how to correct it without having to involve the techs, so I decided to try Ctrl Alt Left Arrow.  ...and tilted my head the ...

Just Too Mind Numbing!
Nov 15, 2013

Editing MM's ASR is so mind numbing! I get back 1-2 reports a week from a client audit with stupid errors, errors I don't make when I am straight typing! And you can certainly tell the horrendous number of errors that I am correcting by my line count. The better the output, the better my count. I so wanted to pop off an angry email back about how mind numbing this is! I can't wait to do it the day I can quit. Who cares about burning bridges, if need be, there are plenty of M ...

Mouse Wi A Mind Of Its Own
Mar 27, 2014

My mouse seems to have a mind of its own.  Keep skipping all over on me.  Is this a virus or the mouse?? ...

Gee, Could They Make Up Their Mind
Aug 08, 2014

08/10, no 08/24, no 08/10, no cancel 08/10.  FAIL ...

I Don't Mind Clocking In And Out
Dec 02, 2014

I don't mind clocking in and out, everyone has to do that, but if there is down time that needs to be added to my timecard or the like then that should be their job not ours.  I don't have time for all this unpaid crap. I just want to clock in and do my work then clock out and forget about the rest.  They get paid the big bucks to take care of our timecards if there are additions that need to be added. ...

I've Made Up My Mind.
Dec 04, 2014

Eight years ago, I started school for medical transcription. I had grand dreams of being able to have a well-paying career while still staying home with my kids. After all, based on my husband's pay we could not afford for me to stay at home without bringing in an income and preferred to not have to pay for daycare for our 2 (now 3) kids. Now here I am, with my head in my hands, making exactly the same as I did when I landed my first MT job. This is the only profession I know of where you ...

Oops! Never Mind
Feb 17, 2015

x ...

I Wouldn't Mind
May 01, 2015

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE EVERYTHING SO HARD!!!!???   i specifically got up today to log on for the hour of MOT.  then i see an email that says we don't need it, but its vague.  then another email says, we need it, but not until after 3 central time.  i even tried pulling in a 3:30 to 4 time from the swap board but it wouldn't let me.  my shift starts at 4.  so i wrote and said i'd just log in and do it and forget the swap board, but i'm told feel ...

I'm Losing My Mind Or What's Left Of It!
Oct 16, 2009

I can't take it anymore.  Three weeks with more jobs than we could handle and now...... only weekend work with the worst dictators I've ever heard.  I DO mean the WORST dictators I've ever heard!  I have actually made up NEW cuss words today.. strung together in a most creative way.  You wouldn't even believe it.  I MUST get off my dead butt and find a real job or go totally insane.. OH... the drama~!  But.. really..  $%^*((*&%^**.. I co ...

401K, For Me No Way, But I Might Change My Mind
Dec 04, 2009

I could have participated in my company's 401K for 3 years now, but when I went to sign the paperwork and read through the fine print there were things stated in there like I could lose everything that I put into it if the investiment company went bankrupt and that this "IS" an investment and not a promise to pay..... So I backed off.  I am very iffy on having one.  The only benefit is that my company will put 25% in it, but if there is a chance I could lose it is it worth it?&nbs ...

My Mind Went Blank........s/l Eye Cap....medication
Mar 03, 2010

. ...

You Know What Just Crossed My Mind Regarding That Email From
Apr 22, 2010

If some people are going so far above and beyond what is expected of them that they are giving 250%, how in the world are they not working more than the regular shift? Every day it is drummed into our heads that we have to watch our schedules so as not to go over.  If we're already working full time and giving 100% or more, how can we give 250% without going over?  Is she saying what I think she is saying?  Give 250%, but only put down 100% on your time card?   ...

Mind-numbing ESL Tonight
Apr 25, 2011

I remember reading recently on here about monotonous female ESL dictators. Well I have one right now and it sounds like she has placed her lips directly onto the receiver to speak. This is so frustrating! I'm about to tear my hair out. My shift can't end soon enough tonight. I am so burnt out from this job, just scraping by isn't getting it with my family anymore. And yes, I have been looking elsewhere but there's just nothing. My son wants to take his girlfriend to the ...

Do You All Mind Sharing With Me How Much You Take Home
Jul 10, 2012

I was laid off last week from my in-house MT job.  I have an interview this week at Nuance.  I am wondering how much you all bring home in a 2-week period?  I've never worked production so I don't know what to expect.  And could you please tell me if you're part-time or full. Thanks! ...

If You Wouldn't Mind Sharing...
Oct 02, 2012

I have seen a few posts where someone mentions another job board.  I know we cannot post them here, but if you wouldn't mind emailing me I would appreciate it.  Seems like a google search is like a wild goose chase with schools and such and I just want a few real job boards to watch. Thank you so much in advance. ...