A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Whew, dodged that bullet!...sm - wasHappyMt

Posted: Feb 06, 2012

That was a close one!  I quit MQ, MModal whatever it is, back in December after sticking it out there for a few months after the eTransPlus buyout.  While looking for another job, I applied at DSG.  Never heard back from them.  Then, I was hired by (and am currently at) Transcend.  About 3 weeks ago, I get an email from the DSG recruiter asking for my resume again to see if they have an available position for me.  I politely emailed back and told her I already had another position. 

Now, I see DSG has been acquired by MModal.  Just think, I could've been back at MModal yet again! 

Thank goodness for bad (or in this case good) timing!!

DSG employees, you have my sympathies. 

I figured it was only a matter of time. - Puking MT

[ In Reply To ..]
RIP DSG

I was let go from them not long ago and am I so - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
very glad!!!

DSG over-hiring - Weary MT

[ In Reply To ..]
So, I sit here at DSG with NJA big time, and DSG is out recruiting. Isn't that special.

Did you read your emails? There is no DSG. - sad day ..

[ In Reply To ..]
We are now m-modal a/k/a Medquist

you have more to worry about than NJA
:(

Yes, Read E-mail - Sick and Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
And I am well aware that NJA is the least of my worries. I worked for that godforsaken place for 11 years.

Weary MT - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
My friend, worrying about NJA is the least of your worries. You need to polish up that resume--NOW. The MQ sharks will eat you alive.

To Nick - Weary MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I am well aware of the sharks. I worked for them for 10 years and SWORE I would never step a foot in that dungeon again, and here I am.

I am getting out of the business completely, not going to go somehwere else for the same nonsense down the line.
Weary MT - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like you have made a smart decision. I know that MQ ruined MT for me. Good luck to you.

wow! - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for both; worked for MQ years ago, loved it when I started out and hated it about four years later. Worked as an IC for a local company and loved it (way more money, plus was the way MQ was when I started there) The local company lost the account I was on (went to India). Was hired by DSG and absolutely loved it! It reminded me of the good ol' days when I started at MQ, good pay, great accounts, great supervisor, etc. This past year and a half or so has been HORRIBLE at DSG. I liked the gals I worked for well enough but could tell there was something else going on. I actually posted something on here a few months back, asking if anyone had the feeling they were going to sell. I haven't worked for them for a couple months now. I am doing something I enjoy, not sitting around waiting for work, and I'm at home. I do not make much money and I am fortunate enough to have a husband who brings home a decent paycheck. We have cut back in a big way with our spending but I do not regret my decision at all. I have had friends ask me if I miss it and I can absolutely, without a doubt, say NO. I have not checked out MT Stars in weeks and, for some reason, I decided to check it out this evening. I am glad I did. As much as it makes me realize I didn't make the wrong decision to leave DSG, I am deeply sorry for you who are stuck in this mess. I wish you all well.

Wow - ksr

[ In Reply To ..]
I quit DSG too, in December, and I am hunting hard for a replacement. Guess I did OK then!

Former DSG'er - NYMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I also formerly worked for DSG. As everyone else was I'm sure, I was promised the world when I got hired. I was told they never run out of work and the sky was the limit. It never really went like that. Before long, I was staying logged on for 12 hours at a time trying to get in a decent line count and God forbid I had something else in my life going on that I had to attend, I would then have to log on and try to work on Fridays and Saturdays which were supposed to be my days off. On a whim, back in December, I answered an ad for a local practice and was offered the job. That is the best decision I ever made. I urge all you DSG employees who were thrown into this mess to literally open your local phone books to the physician section and go right down the list and call every private doctor and medical group that is in there. It won't hurt anything and maybe you will stumble on something local where the doctors and other staff actually appreciate the work that you do and you're an actual person to them and not just somebody making management money. That is my pep talk, Good Luck to you all. I am truly sorry to hear about this and wish you all the best.

Similar Messages:

Patient Was Hammering On A .22 Bullet When The Bullet Exploded
Mar 11, 2010

Patient was hammering on a .22 bullet when the bullet exploded and a fragment went into his right eye. This is what it sounds like the doctor is saying..........Visual acuity was hand motion at one foot.  The adnexa were normal.  There is a wedge-shaped laceration of the cornea nasally with a great deal of prolapsed dye rips within the wound.  Thanks ...

Whew
Feb 03, 2010

just made it through 30 meds and 68 med allergies from a hard to understand ESL.  I need a drink! lol ...

Whew! By The End Of This Summer I Will Be Done With MT!!!
Jun 19, 2010

I just accepted a job as an office manager in the medical field.  It took a lot of work to find a good job that did not feel like a step down, but I did it.  There is hope out there folks.  There are people that value the skills and expertise that a medical transcriptionist can bring to a company!  If you are fed up with this field, press on!  There are options out there for us.   ...

Whew. Couldn't Get In Here For A Minute.
Dec 06, 2011

LOL ...

Bullet Points In Bayscribe...sm
Jun 11, 2014

Does anyone know if there is a way to use bullet points in the Bayscribe program? Thanks. ...

Can't Number Just One Item, How Do I Remove Bullet
Oct 08, 2012

I can't seem to find how to take the bullet out.  Doc said "#1" but only gave one item. ...

Fluency Unlearning: Headings Uncapped, Next Instead Of New Line Bullet,
Jun 08, 2014

n/m ...