A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l BALL TIP?? - in a PEG tube placement

Posted: Dec 03, 2011

Horrible ESL...

The 20-French s/l ball tip gastrostomy tube was passed and pulled out through the stomach. 

Listen for balloon-tipped gastrostomy tube....sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
Ball-tipped usually refers to a guidewire. Of course, he could be using a ball-tipped wire to pull the tube through the stomach, too, but I think balloon-tipped is more likely.

Thanks...I kept listening for that - but

[ In Reply To ..]
it is definitely not balloon. I checked with a co-worker who happens to be on and she said it is probably bar-type. Can anyone verify this??

Similar Messages:

S/l E-trips Ball Or Eclipse Ball Placement (back)
Oct 12, 2010

She had an MRI, which indicted disc problems at L5-S1. In late 2008, she had a lumbar laminectomy and discectomy.  She also had the application of an (________) ball placement for relief of discomfort and in place of a fusion.     S/L e-trips ball or eclipse ball DX is unhelpful --  "back pain, status postoperative" ...

S/l Tonsil Ball
Mar 23, 2010

Using this term during an umbilical hernia repair with mesh, states:  Dermabond was then applied. A ________was then fashioned into her umbilicus area. Sounds like tonsil ball. Thanks so much. ...

Ball Rest?
Aug 31, 2010

The patient was placed at s/l (ball rest) and sent home on s/l (prenal) nutrition and is readmitted for colectomy.   This dictation is so fussy. Can you help please? ...

Where To Buy A VR Crystal Ball?
Feb 14, 2013

Apparently in addition to transcribing, acute listening, and translating . . . now I'm supposed to have ESP skills to know what they MEANT to say even if it is strictly "verbatim," there is a gray area we are to instinctively know called, "Transcription clairvoyance, what the dictator meant to say." Hey, they can't have it both ways - if verbatim is what they demand, verbatim is what they get unless that dictator directs me to change what was said all of the creepy stuff stays! I c ...

Pata Ball Injury?!
Sep 24, 2010

Dictation about upcoming knee replacement - past medical history sounded like "She had a recognized pata-ball injury" but pata-ball doesn't look right to me... ...

Does Anyone Out There Use A Balance Ball Chair
Mar 24, 2011

I'm trying to use just my balance ball right now.  I have some low back problems and find that my posture is horrendous with sitting in a normal office chair; however, just the balance ball alone seems to be a little too low.  Overall, it feels more comfortable on my rear end than my normal office chair and I'm definitely sitting up straighter, but wondered if anyone else out there had any experiences, good or bad, with using a balance ball or the balance ball chair setup.&nb ...

Stability/balance Ball Chairs
Jan 06, 2012

Anyone use a stability/balance ball as a chair while working?   Would appreciate hearing any thoughts on whether you felt it helped you with posture, core muscles, balance, etc. ...

The WHOLE Ball Of "wax" For What It Is Worth
May 29, 2012

I was one today, who "joined the lawsuit."  Reason being is that I have worked for MANY companies in MANY capacites and have found companies whom like TTD and other companies are subcontractors for other companies  - yes, there are compllaints of "low work/no work;"  its not necessariy India or the Phillipines, but AMERICAN companies or individual MTs who are SOOO swamped they put ads on and hire people.  I recently did QA for a company and was told not to touch a certain gro ...