A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Thirty-two million Americans wil be on new healthcare plan - cr

Posted: Jun 29, 2012

32 million MORE people will be on it. :) Singles will be eligible - who earn just shy of $15K/year. Families SM

[ In Reply To ..]
something like $24K per year. For some of those, it will be effectively free.

Free??? - Nothing is free.

[ In Reply To ..]
The money for this will not just magically appear. SOMEONE is going to pay for it, and that someone is the taxpayer. No option - it's a mandatory tax (according to the Supreme Court).

The "tax" is only for those who do not purchase - insurance, not you per se NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Where else in American society - are you taxed for not buying anything?
[ In Reply To ..]
It's like going into a store, checking out the merchandise, deciding against buying anything, then being charged a penalty tax for that decision before you can leave the store.

We're losing the concept of "freedom."
"Losing?" - Historian
[ In Reply To ..]
Bravo for a superb post!

But I have to differ you with ever so slightly on the choice of verbiage. Research history long enough, and you will realize that we have been on a long, slow, steady decline in the "freedom" department (actually, even that term's not accurate...) for many, many years.

There is an agenda to take us in a certain direction that has been in place for quite a long time. Those in positions of power are taking us there, step by step. Expose it and you are accused of being a "conspiracy theorist" in an attempt to discredit you. Unfortunately, most people have been spoonfed propaganda for so long that they buy into the "conspiracy theorist" nonsense. The TRUTH then continues to be hidden. Sad but true.
Healthcare, Obama Ponzi Scheme - JW
[ In Reply To ..]
If it is indeed a tax, it will not be invalid. I personally cannot afford any healthcare plan since I lost my office job. I do not plan to participate in this because it is just a ponzi scheme and, of course, it is a tax if the IRS is collectiing it. :)
Healthcare, Obama - Wantsi
[ In Reply To ..]
Does anyone have any thoughts on how this healthcare plan will impact the MT industry?
It already HAS. - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Look around. See all those MTs out of work, having their pay cut and workload decrease as more and more transcription goes overseas?

See all those MTs who don't make as much (or have no work at all) due to the EHR? The EHR is a PIVOTAL portion of CommieCare.

CommieCare changes began being implemented by hospitals on DAY ONE after it was "passed" (only because of shenanigans) by Congress. Nobody said, "Let's wait and see how SCOTUS rules."

You can thank CommieCare for ALL the above.

Enjoy your "free" healthcare delivered by subpar docs, you suckers!!!
If you lost your job you will qualify for Medicaid - at no cost.
[ In Reply To ..]
unless you live in one of those states where GOP governors are threatening to opt out of Medicaid expansion. The penalty, which SCOTUS labeled a tax so they could uphold the act, is more appropriately called a "slackers" tax on those who deliberately decide not to get coverage. Why would you prefer to be one of them when you can get free coverage?

BTW, there will be no slackers tax asessed against people who qualify for Medicaid and whose governors decide to make a political statement by withholding coverage and access to health care from those who need it the most.
Yes, YOU TOO can be seen by a flunkie! - Realist
[ In Reply To ..]
ANYONE who has worked in medical knows that the vast majority of highly qualified docs DO NOT see Medicaid patients. That begs the question, who DOES see Medicaid patients?

Take a look at ACCHHS, the version run by the state of Arizona. Only the least educated, worst docs are in the program and accept ACCHHS patients. Those of us who live here hear all kinds of horror stories about ACCHHS failed diagnoses and "treatments," including broken limbs that are never x-rayed ("We don't need to get an x-ray; your foot is NOT broken! We can tell!" [as though they had x-ray vision], when in fact the foot was broken as clearly delineated on x-ray later at an urgent care clinic), etc. (I could go on and on but don't have all day.) For years I have heard that the VA delivers the WORST medical care in the country, but now I'm starting to think that ACCHHS has even the VA beat.

Remember that the guy at the BOTTOM of the medical class STILL EARNS AN M.D.

Have fun being MISDIAGNOSED, MISTREATED, and possibly MUTILATED and MAIMED for life by your third-rate Medicaid docs. And GOOD LUCK because you won't be able to sue for anything except actual damages (forget pain and suffering, etc.) when the new guidelines kick in completely.

Enjoy your "free" "health care" by subpar docs, you suckers!!

Thirty-two million will be on new healthcare plan continued - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
What I meant to include but messed up was, I wonder how that will affect the medical transcription industry with so much more transcription flooding the market. Will more Indians be employed? Will hospitals bring back in-house MTs? Will our pay go up because of the increased demand?

A tax . . is a tax . . is a tax - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We have no choice. It's like a tax on breathing. Choose obamacare, pay the premiums. Choose to opt out, pay a fine. Either way, it's mandatory, and that makes it a tax.

Similar Messages:

What Insurance Do You Have? Does Anyone Have United Healthcare HSA Plan?
Oct 02, 2010

I was wondering if anyone uses United Healthcare HSA plan?  If so, do you like it?    TIA ...

Americans Versus ESL Doctors
Nov 11, 2012

On the SR, I have less problems with the ESL doctors than with the Americans that have spoken English their whole lives.  I think the ESL doctors on my accounts have taken more time to teach the SR than the American ones and besides, the American doctors love to slur their words. ...

Guess There Are Americans Still Working For MModal
Sep 20, 2013

FB page claims it is National Cheeseburger Day.  In Hinduism religion (religion of 85% of Indians according to Wikipedia), cows are sacred and not usually food.   Found it amusing the first line of the post is "Turkey can never beat cow."  Today is National Cheeseburger Day.  Seems a little insensitive to the Indian workers of MModal.   Maybe it's not odd, but after the week I had, I found it somewhat amusing. ...

Which Companies (that Hire Americans) Have The Hospital Accounts? (sm)
Sep 06, 2014

I've not worked for one of the big national companies for a decade, but would love to get back to working on a teaching hospital account or two.  ...

Thirty Minutes Of Dictation Per Week. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

I am applying at a company that requires at least 30 minutes of transcription a week.  As an estimate, how many hours would you say this is equivalent to?  Thanks in advance. ...

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

How Do You Write, Twenty-two Hundred And Thirty-three Milliseconds? Completely Dumb About It. Nm
Mar 24, 2012

nm ...

30 Million Slaves
Oct 17, 2013

half of which are in India.  Bet I know where the other half are. REPORT: 30 million people are slaves, half in India... ^ ...

MQ Makes A Net Income Of 9.7 Million.
Feb 01, 2010

http://www.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=58609   That money is OUR money for what MQ did to all of us and probably most of the money MQ took was from ASR!!!  I see MQ hired ANOTHER VP for global service?  I wonder how much this person makes?  Along with bonuses?  So, that makes what. . .,  30 some VP's who work for MQ?   ...

Another Lawsuit Worth 2 Million.
Aug 19, 2010

Gee, I wonder if our pay is already being affected AGAIN or going too soon by the company figuring out how re-do our pay.  Be careful, we might get another survey.    http://philly.citybizlist.com/YourCityBizNews/detail.aspx?id=90208   MedQuist Pays Kaiser $2M to Settle Suit - cbl Share Email this Article By citybizlist Staff MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. -- MedQuist Inc. (NASDAQ: MEDQ), a medical transcription company, has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to sett ...

I Know This Has Been Posted A Million Times But . . .
Nov 16, 2012

It makes me feel better to vent on here. I'm so sick of QA. Now we are being marked off for blanks sent to QA. We were also told we could send the job to facility with 2 blanks. Now, I'm marked off for those. And, typing we will . . . instead of we have . . . I get that I got that wrong but is that one error worth a score of 98.2%. So, I guess I should be expecting a "corrective action" email from my TL. She said anybody below 99% would be receiving corrective action. Sigh . . . ...

JP: A Million Thanks For Standing Up For Us Yesterday
Dec 14, 2012

Yes! ...

$140 Million Judgment Against Precyse
Dec 15, 2012

Fatal outsourcing? Thomas Hospital hit with $140 million verdict in death of Daphne woman.. "It began with a mistake made halfway around the world. Juno’s doctor reviewed his patient’s medical chart and certified on a form the medication and dosages that she should take. He then dictated that same information into a phone line. In the past, a medical transcriptionist at the hospital would have written the information from the dictation onto a discharge summary. But Finkbo ...

Nuance CEO Made $37 Million In 2012
Apr 14, 2013

President of Marketing made $7.58 million. CFO made $6.17 million. Executive VP of Corporate Strategy and Development made $2.52 million. Executive VP of Healthcare Division made $1.94 million.   WHY ARE YOU WASTING TIME READING THIS?  GET TO TYPING!!  THE EXECUTIVES NEED THEIR PAYCHECKS!!     ...

Nuance Million Dollar Club
Jul 15, 2013

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nuance-announces-million-dollar-club-winners-hospitals-saving-1-million-or-more-last-year-2013-06-27 ...

IMedX Nearly $50 Million In Revenue Acquisition
Sep 11, 2014

Hey iMedX MTs, I thought you would like to know how well we are doing. I think it's time for a line rate increase! http://itbriefing.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=610308 ATLANTA, Sept. 3, 2014 -- iMedX, a leading health information solutions company and a leader in medical documentation solutions, today announced that it has added nearly $50 million in acquisition revenue over the past 12 months thanks to eight deals, including five in 2014. iMedX, the third- ...

MedQuist Pays $2 Million To Settle Lawsuit With Kaiser
Aug 20, 2010

http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2010/08/16/daily23.html   Medical transcription services company MedQuist Inc. has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to settle a lawsuit in which the health-care company alleged MedQuist inflated its costs. Kaiser of Oakland, Calif., filed its lawsuit against MedQuist (NASDAQ:MEDQ) during the summer of 2008. Under the terms of the settlement, MedQuist of Mount Laurel, N.J., made a single lump sum payme ...

Radiation Oncology: 36 Gy Is Not Necessary, And Lowering The Dose To 25 To "thirty Sixty"
Jun 05, 2010

It may be that a total dose of 36 Gy is not necessary, and lowering the dose to 25 to 30/60 may be an appropriate approach, if there is a CR to chemotherapy. ...

Pt Has A " Thirty Plus Pack Year History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Jun 25, 2010

:) ...

Very Concenrated Urine With Greater Than "ten Thirty" Concentration
Jul 20, 2010

How would you write out ten thirty?  Thanks! ...

Hackers Demand $10 Million After Hijacking Millions Of Virginia Medical Records
Dec 22, 2009

This was in a UK paper but I don't recall hearing about it here in the US. Hmmm.....I wonder why.  Here's the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1178276/Hackers-demand--10m-ransom-hijacking-millions-medical-records.html ...

Healthcare Employment
Jan 16, 2011

Has anyone else answered ads for them.  You do a really EASY test. They offer to train you for free..  then send you emails... basically to schedule a job interview.  You text them.  They send you this agreement, which says that in order to work for them you need to plunk out $450 to buy their software.. This does not quite seem on the level to me.. I have been working in this industry going on 20 years.  I work in house right now..  but job situation is precariou ...

Meridian Healthcare
Jan 26, 2011

Anyone work for Meridian who can tell me if their tax forms were received yet?  ...

Healthcare Exployment, Inc.
Mar 25, 2011

Has anyone heard of or done business with this company? They are offering employment after I take their "tests" and possibly purchase software or textbooks. Just wanted to make sure the company is on the up and up. Any information you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. ...

Tracobi Healthcare
Nov 03, 2011

If anyone sees ads for Tracobi Healthcare, don't apply. Just got an e-mail from them (guess they thought I was a company), and they were advertising that although they're a USA based company, most of their work is offshore in India at a MUCH LOWER fee!! Just a warning to save you time in applying. ...

I Want To Work In Healthcare IT
Apr 17, 2012

I am an MT and I need a career change.  I have an Associates Degree in Health Information Technology, and I used to have my RHIT but didn't keep it up.  I want to work in healthcare IT, like software or as an Epic analyst or something like that.  Would I work on a degree in computer science, health informatics, RHIA, ????  Anyone know? ...

Changing To Something Besides Healthcare
May 20, 2012

Well, I've done it -- I've changed to something else for work other than anything in healthcare. I was an MT for many years, and I can't see any future for decent earnings, benefits or growth unless a person wants to be in direct patient care -- if they can even break into it after all of the hard work to earn another degree. I do have a university degree and changed to a job that pertains to that degree. I have seen many organizations go to Epic, which is an excellent system by t ...

Ascend Healthcare?
Jun 23, 2012

Does anyone have experience with this company??  Their ad doesn't give a whole lot of information.  It doesn't state whether it is IC or employee status, and no mention of benefits.  Would like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!  If anyone knows either by personal experience or word of mouth I would greatly appreciate letting me know.  Thanks! ...

Do You Know Anyone In Healthcare Field Other Than MTs Whose
Jul 16, 2012

Unit clerks, physical therapy aides, central service techs, radiology techs, housekeeping...anyone but us? And the main difference is - we work at home alone, disorganized and unable to do anything for ourselves.  They know this, and they exploit it.   ...

Ascend Healthcare, LLC
Jul 24, 2013

Ascend Healthcare, LLC - Does anyone have experience working for them? ...