A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Guess there are Americans still working for MModal - sm

Posted: Sep 20, 2013

FB page claims it is National Cheeseburger Day.  In Hinduism religion (religion of 85% of Indians according to Wikipedia), cows are sacred and not usually food.   Found it amusing the first line of the post is "Turkey can never beat cow."  Today is National Cheeseburger Day.  Seems a little insensitive to the Indian workers of MModal.

Maybe it's not odd, but after the week I had, I found it somewhat amusing.

Guess there are Americans - whodat

[ In Reply To ..]
Ha! How astute of you to notice that. Hysterical!!!

Similar Messages:

I Guess Karma Is A Mmodal BK
Mar 08, 2014

If this company wasn't so darn greedy, maybe they wouldn't be in BK now.  Buying out all these little transcription comipanies and making everyone work for the big and mighty MM. Now what?? Idiot management! ...

Guess I Will Not Be In The Next MModal Coding Program,
Mar 03, 2015

I just heard from someone who was in the class.  They took the final test and then the very next day they discontinued the program.   Don't know any other specifics.  Feel bad for the students.  Hopefully they can use any knowledge they gained to their benefit.  ...

Is Anyone Happy Working For Nuance? What About Mmodal? And Why?
Sep 21, 2013

i, too, like a couple others on here right now, am wondering what if any transcription companies still out there are good to work for. ...

Is There Anyone Here Working For Nuance Or MModal Who Is Happy With Their Job? Nm
Nov 06, 2013

, ...

Americans Versus ESL Doctors
Nov 11, 2012

On the SR, I have less problems with the ESL doctors than with the Americans that have spoken English their whole lives.  I think the ESL doctors on my accounts have taken more time to teach the SR than the American ones and besides, the American doctors love to slur their words. ...

Thirty-two Million Americans Wil Be On New Healthcare Plan
Jun 29, 2012

Which Companies (that Hire Americans) Have The Hospital Accounts? (sm)
Sep 06, 2014

I've not worked for one of the big national companies for a decade, but would love to get back to working on a teaching hospital account or two.  ...

Can Anybody Guess
Jan 04, 2012

Just came across this VR interpretation.  Can anybody guess what the doc was really saying "History of pepperoni she abandoned" ...

I Guess We Will Need At Least
Mar 09, 2014

Because the second TAA petition is about to expire, and as soon as we all get laid off, then we can get back to school.   ...

Guess What, Another Incentive, Oh Boy!!
Oct 23, 2009

This is getting to be a regular thing.  Barely enough work to go around in my BOB as it is! ...

To All The Newbies And I Guess All MQ MT's.
Jan 23, 2010

I have been with MQ, well. . . , FOREVER unfortunately.  I found out about the board when I was googling something about Medquist about 2-1/2 years ago.  How did you all find out about this board! ...

Anybody Want To Guess What This Is Supposed To Say?
May 03, 2010

He received supplemental oxygen and anti manic amputations by EMS. ...

Guess I Am Not Leaving
Jun 25, 2010

Got an E-mail (isn't that personal, but better than nothing, I guess) that my old hospital has decided not to fill the position "at this time," but will keep my resume for future reference.  New clothes, pedicure, and a lot of stress for nothing.  So my MQ job is looking a lot better today. . .  Maybe next time.  ...

Can Nobody Even Venture A Guess As To Why
Dec 01, 2011

a company would do that???????? ...

Take A Guess At This ASR Miss
Jan 05, 2012

ASR says: He was seen in "twelfth" 2011.   Anyone care to guess what "twelfth" means? ...

Guess I Am Not One Of The Chosen Few
Mar 07, 2012

E-mail says 300 MTs chosen to attend the webcast.  If you haven't received an invitation, you're not in.  Curious to see what the 300 have to say... ...

I Guess I'll Just Be Glad For One More Day
Sep 15, 2012

MModal didn't cut my pay this week, I haven't been thrown into the cesspool yet, I haven't been put on QA review (yet) and I have plenty of work.  So we'll see what tomorrow brings. ...

I Guess I'm Stuck In MT
Jan 03, 2013

I failed another interview yesterday, and I'm not going to do anymore interviews.  When they start asking stuff like, how does your experience as a medical transcriptionist translate to this particular job, I'm stumped.  Among other questions. I have started building some other skills (like Excel), but I always end up looking like a complete idiot.  So I'm just gonna stick with MT until it goes away and then I'll go to the unemployment office and mayb ...

I Lucked Out I Guess
Dec 17, 2014

I figured mine on Friday the old way and just checked my new one to approve and it is the same as it would have been on old pay scale.  Holding my breath for the next week.  So ridiculous.  ...

They Are Forcing Us To Guess At Words So Not To
Mar 02, 2010

exceed the submission rate.  That will stop once the client starts reading the reports and sees all the errors.  Seems like it would invalidate their contract with MQ.  Maybe we should stop sending reports to QA, just guess at everything.  Our defense would be that we were forced to do this.  ...

I Need Help. Doctor Says D As In Mary, Guess I'll
Mar 26, 2010

leave a blank, but will probably be blamed for that. ...

I Guess We Now Dictate With Our Family
May 11, 2010

I just had an idiot dictating with what sounded like his whole family in the background, foreground, everyground.  Two young girls talking and giggling and then saying goodbye to each other.  Daughter talking to mother.  Some kind of beeping noise like a piece of heavy equipment backing up....beep, beep, beep, beep.  Dictator just yapping away.  How inconsiderate!!!!  Okay, I'm done.  ...

Do You Think We Should Guess At Drug Names?
Nov 05, 2010

Am I overly concerned or do you think I may have a point?  I think the Word Help Board is invaluable and have always helped whenever I 100% knew the correct spelling.  But as I have been reading the questions, there seem to be more and more drug questions from drug lists, which means no point of reference.  There are also a few “allergic to: sounds like” questions.  When I first started working as a Medical Transcriptionist, QA was always:  “Leave a b ...

Guess I'll Have To Stick With Corporate
Aug 18, 2011

I give up.  I've submitted so many resumes and applications that my head is spinning.  I can't help it that my experience is more than two years ago.  The doctor died and the practice split up!  I live in a small town where outsourcing is unheard of and the MTs work at a place until they die.  I passed my typing test and editing test with All-Type, had my interview, discussed contract terms, and the woman said she would send the contract out.  But she ...

Can Anyone Make An Educated Guess? -sm
Jun 06, 2012

If I go to work for Keystrokes - and they ever get bought out - do you think it would be by MModal or Nuance? ...

I Guess This Is The Mandonah Board Now?
Nov 01, 2012

Ugh! ...

I Though Coding Was Safe.... Guess Not
Jun 03, 2013

I was under the impression, silly me, that medical coding would be safe from outsourcing to India, with further research I am sorry to say I was wrong, so very sad : ( http://www.medesun.com/ Back to finding a hands-on job in healthcare.   ...

I Guess Miss Princess
Jul 02, 2013

She is General Counsel, SR VP & Secretary.  ...

Buttering Up Before Being Fired, I Guess...
Jul 07, 2013

I was moved OFF an account because I was doing the lines that could be carved up to 2 newer MTs with resulting OOW messages for MONTHS without being "permitted" another backup. Then, I get this after being on not 1 but 2 new accounts in the past 6 weeks. The tone in this email just oozes "respect," you know? She must know I'm talking about her... "Please remember that your QC exclusion percentage must be maintained under 10%, unless you are learning a new account.  We ...

Penalty For Refusing To Guess
Aug 01, 2013

Now that we can be dinged for leaving a blank that QA thinks we should have known, my % score has gone to the dogs (my apologies to all canines).  When I get a mush-mouth  or a really gnarly ESL, there are circumstances where I have no choice but to leave a blank.  I'm not talking about stuff that could be looked up.  Sometimes the blank in question can be interpreted as either one word or other other and either choice doesn't change the meaning.  But I can gu ...